News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming CA Gun Shows we should attend

Started by bob 210, September 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webdancer

Cook Webdancer reporting for duty on Sunday @ Costa Mesa show.

I think I can get Rick to join me. We're obedient and hard-working--any "hats" want to join us (we'll do most of the work, it would just be nice to have someone to answer the questions we can't yet)?

P.e.r.s.i.s.t.i.n.g, 
Webdancer
More fundamentally, however, the basic premise of the Court's argument–that American law should conform to the laws of the rest of the world–ought to be rejected out of hand.  --Justice Antonin Scalia, dissent to Roper v. Simmons

BaldDragn

V

Regarding fliers for the gunshow, links to the flies and suggested numbers to have on hand will suffice, I'll be happy print them out and get the copies made. If a new flier needs to be created point me in the direction of one I can copy and modify and I'll take it from there. Also I have two folding tables and chairs so I'm set there. The one thing that would be nice to have would be a banner and since I plan on doing this regularly I'd be happy to purchase that also if need be.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

V

BaldDragn

PM inbound

Profound thanks for stepping up in Central California. Like my friend Webdancer above its great to see "cooks" stepping forward where the "Riflemen" dare not tread. I fear to wonder what you guys will do with a patch on your arm and a hat on your head but I can't wait to see.

Cheers
V

BaldDragn

Quote from: V on January 23, 2009, 12:15:06 AM
BaldDragn

PM inbound

Profound thanks for stepping up in Central California. Like my friend Webdancer above its great to see "cooks" stepping forward where the "Riflemen" dare not tread. I fear to wonder what you guys will do with a patch on your arm and a hat on your head but I can't wait to see.

Cheers
V

Cook for now, only because I didn't get the memo earlier.

For years I've been starving for what Appleseed has to offer, a constructive way to make a difference with my rifle in my hand. I can only guess the less active members are working two jobs to try and save their houses, or they have a higher tolerance for submission than I do.

V, I know you've seen "first hand" what can happen to the citizens' rights if the masses allow the government free reign. I'm all too aware of how many English speaking countries would have us ALL jailed for attending a peaceful, family event like Appleseed. How far is it from there to slavery?

My life before I see it happen to my family, my country!

Cook, Rifleman, IIT, or HMFIC, we're all on this boat together, and our families deserve to live free.

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

bob 210

OK folks, I just got a call back from the Crossroads of the West people and we have a table for the Costa Mesa gun show for Jan 24-25. I will be there Saturday along with Hollywoodmarine and Camljr. Sunday I have SonoftheRepublic , Webdancer and Rick. Thanks for stepping up folks and I'll see you at the show.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

V

I have followed up with Code of the West gun shows and they have agreed to donate a table at the Turlock, Feb 7/8 and Stockton, Mar 14/15 gun shows. Their Vallejo shows are full. Their conditions are that only two passes will be issued - no sharing, everyone else buy a ticket - and you must remain behind the table to pass out literature - no soliciting in the aisles.

So Turlock, according to BaldDragn should be good for promoting Fresno, and Stockton will be ideal for the April Sacramento shoot.

Folks, always have fliers for all the shoots available cos you do meet long distance travelers at guns shows and people with friends and families elsewhere. By all means focus on the local, upcoming shoot but don't neglect to push the others as well.

Thanks again to BaldDragn for stepping forward with these locations. See their website for other locations and let me know if you can man a table at them and I'll get you a table.

I've attached Bob 210's Appleseed Elevator speech which I use at the Gun shows.

Cheers
V

BaldDragn

My wife has graciously dedicated her time to accompany me to the Turlock and Stockton gun shows but if another member wants to commit time to either of those shows I will be happy to pay for my wife entrance fee and they can have the other ticket, the more the merrier!

SAPPER STEEL!

bob 210

The next gun show we've got on our list is Feb 14-15 in Santa Barbara. This is an ideal show to attend as we are having an Appleseed in Santa Barbara Feb 28 - Mar 1. Who is available and willing to work this show?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

DesertDog

Quote from: bob 210 on January 27, 2009, 12:30:47 PM
The next gun show we've got on our list is Feb 14-15 in Santa Barbara. This is an ideal show to attend as we are having an Appleseed in Santa Barbara Feb 28 - Mar 1. Who is available and willing to work this show?

I can work the 14th for sure.  Maybe the 15, don't know yet.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

V

I got this PM from BaldDragn on his set up for the Turlock show this weekend. He'll be pushing Fresno, Sacramento and all things central California.

Note well folks, BD is seventh stepping for Central California and supporting us for the April 18/19 Sacramento shoot big time and he hasn't shot Rifleman yet!!

"Peggy" is the owner of the Code of the West Gun shows who very kindly donated a table for us at this Turlock show and the upcoming Stockton show, which is the primer for April 18/19 Sacramento. The Vallejo show is packed out otherwise she would have let us in there as well. Once again I found Bob 210's sage advice to be true, "They can't say yes if you don't ask them." So far every gunshow owner we've asked for a donation of a table says yes when we tell them about the program.

And kudos to who ever came up with that banner :D

Great job BaldDragn and once again sincere thanks for stepping up and helping the program. Post some pics from the show when its over.

Cheers
Phil
Quote from: BaldDragn
I set up the table at the Turlock gun show this afternoon. Peggy was very nice and helpful

I made about a 500 copies of the assorted fliers so I have stacks of everything.

I was having trouble figuring how to display the banner so I took a look a couple other tables then fabbed this up from 1" PVC
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4739/dscf2994rr0.jpg
After I attach that to the top of the table with a couple "C" clamps, it should get noticed at 12 and a half feet high.

I picked up the M1 Garand and set up a stand to display it.

I'll have the two 10/22 LTRs (one scoped with a hasty sling, one with tech sights and an arm sling) for people to handle

Thanks for your post on how to talk to people, I started using it on the other vendors while we were setting up.

I don't have a place to set up the targets behind me but I may be able to hang them under the sign. I hope they don't have a maximum height requirement.

I was very worried I wasn't going to pull this off with any grace at all, but it's came together very well today. We have a very nice vendor behind (and her lab pup) us who is selling of all things... stuffed olives.  I think we'll have a good time.

BaldDragn

Awww Shucks ::) Thanks for the good words V

Day one was great! I had lots of fun talking to good people about something we all are passionate about. Love of country and heritage was the focus of the day AND hey look at this while we're at it, a way to make more and better Riflemen. I may be doing this all wrong but I'm sure as heck having a good time at it.

The biggest mistake of the day was when two of our own members stumbled upon us and identified themselves as Appleseeders, I didn't relinquish the table to them at once and go take a break with the wife and enjoy a bit of the show myself. Just a warning to any members in the future I won't make that mistake twice.

The worst response of the day was a wave off as they walked by, and the best times was when I was so swamped with interested people, wishing us well, all I could do was hand them fliers and say thanks for stopping in. I'm printing replacement fliers right now for the Fresno and Sacramento shows because I underestimated how many would go out.

Having Julie there was great. She made connections with so many kids, wives, and girlfriends, letting them know THEY were our passion, so much so we would let them shoot for free. 4H and Boy Scout instructors were very happy to see a program that would dovetail with their own message of personal responsibility. These may be groups we should develop relationships with for mutual benefit, I'd love some feedback on that.

Turlock wants their own Appleseed, and I promised them that if they would help me out we would make it happen. A few of the people I met seemed determined that they would be part making this happen, we'll see.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I tried to get some pictures, something I'm usually good at, but boy did they turn out bad. I'll make sure I get some good shots up tomorrow.

SAPPER STEEL!

Jules

I am apparently posting hampered. I posted my experience today at the Turlock gun show somewhere..... As Baldragn said, it was a resounding success! I found many kindred spirit females this afternoon, and I believe a confirmation from one to attend the April shoot at Sac Valley! Huzzah! There was much interest and tons of encouragement from fellow vendors and attenders.  And yes, if I could, I would have had a full range of children under the age of 5 who wanted to come. For now, I'll go for their parents.  @)

V, the banner was grand. I had a great time. Thanks for the priveledge.

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

BaldDragn

Great weekend... Now poke me with a fork, I'm done.

Here are some pics of the setup. Next time a nice table cover will come in handy.

Here are the best parts of the display. The poor guys never had a chance, one look and they had to come see what was up, and all the ladies were happy to see a kindred spirit.

Ya... I don't always fight fair.

The eight foot table was just the right size.

I'm going to have to make some shorter legs, that sign was way to high for that spot.

Overall it was a great time. I got lots of leads on local spots where people want to have and Appleseed and even some very determined individuals that wanted a copy of everything I had so they become members and bring an Appleseed to their own home town. It's awesome to see the lights come on when they realize Appleseed can do.

SAPPER STEEL!

SavageShootr

Hey Jules and BaldDragn,

Great display. That banner can't be too high, it attracts people from the far edges of the show with it up there. It looks like you did an awesome job.

Thanks for all of your hard work up there.

~SS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Camljr

Iagree with Savageshootr... the banner will be seen from the front door if you're in the back of the building.

Maybe another hanging over the front of the table?

Looks good either way... Great job!

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

BaldDragn

Thanks guys!

Getting back to the Topic, we in No Cal have a month to change gears, I'll be visiting gun shops and ranges in the area around Turlock, strike while the steal it hot so to speak. Then we have Sacramento (at Expo) on March 7-8, followed closely by Stockton (Fairgrounds) March 14-15. I'm available to anchor these events on all those days, I hope some of our new IITs, riflemen or even cooks like me who enjoy gabbing with good folks will stop in and help out. With just Julie and I in Turlock there were times when we had 4 or 5 people we could have been talking to if we had a few more bodies there, some people take longer to talk to than others and I don't want to leave a bad taste in anybodies mouth because I was rude and broke off before they had a chance to tell their story. Even more than that, I'd love to have time to swap a few stories with other Appleseeders when the crowds thin out.

Looking a little farther out to the future, the Crossroads of the West has a San Francisco show at the world famous Cow Palace ;D on May 2-3. It may turn into a nice night out on the town for us. Julie has quite an affinity for the city. If V wants to contact Crossroads of the West (801-544-9125) that would be great and if he wants me to follow up there I'd be happy to do it.

SAPPER STEEL!

JohnCBobcat

Quote from: BaldDragn on February 07, 2009, 10:38:50 PM
Awww Shucks ::) Thanks for the good words V

Day one was great! I had lots of fun talking to good people about something we all are passionate about. Love of country and heritage was the focus of the day AND hey look at this while we're at it, a way to make more and better Riflemen. I may be doing this all wrong but I'm sure as heck having a good time at it.

The biggest mistake of the day was when two of our own members stumbled upon us and identified themselves as Appleseeders, I didn't relinquish the table to them at once and go take a break with the wife and enjoy a bit of the show myself. Just a warning to any members in the future I won't make that mistake twice.

The worst response of the day was a wave off as they walked by, and the best times was when I was so swamped with interested people, wishing us well, all I could do was hand them fliers and say thanks for stopping in. I'm printing replacement fliers right now for the Fresno and Sacramento shows because I underestimated how many would go out.

Having Julie there was great. She made connections with so many kids, wives, and girlfriends, letting them know THEY were our passion, so much so we would let them shoot for free. 4H and Boy Scout instructors were very happy to see a program that would dovetail with their own message of personal responsibility. These may be groups we should develop relationships with for mutual benefit, I'd love some feedback on that.

Turlock wants their own Appleseed, and I promised them that if they would help me out we would make it happen. A few of the people I met seemed determined that they would be part making this happen, we'll see.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I tried to get some pictures, something I'm usually good at, but boy did they turn out bad. I'll make sure I get some good shots up tomorrow.

Well heck, if I knew you were thinking on drafting me into the table for a minute when I said hi, I might have been a little more brief...  ;)
2nd Squad, 1st Plt., E Co., 2/39 INF, 9th ID (reenacted), California Historical Group

AAAO!

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

http://redding.net/2008/02/18/norcal-boat-sport-and-rv-show/

Redding is Californias largest city north of Sacramento.  This might be short notice, but there would be lots of potential appleseeders at this event.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

bob 210

If we can't get a table, folks can print out some fliers and hand them out at the show.

Surculus

Quote from: BaldDragn on February 09, 2009, 12:23:08 AM

I'm going to have to make some shorter legs, that sign was way to high for that spot.

[emphasis added]
I'm glad you realize this.

Being built on the LES plan myself, I'm very aware of the human trait that people do NOT look above their own eye level. Midgets, er, small peop... er, "normal size" folk don't recognize me very often for the simple fact that they're staring straight into my chest [I'm guy, not some well-endowed female who might expect such misdirected attention] instead of looking "way up there" at my face, simply because I'm above their eye level. I could give you a whole list of empirically verifying examples; this is only one of them.

That banner is great for finding your table in the crowd, but does nothing to advertise it, I'm sorry to say: you'd be better off stringing the banner across the front of the table, and having some big US flags displayed way up there above the crowd.

Not criticizing, just making you aware of some advertising rules o' thumb, in the hopes of making Appleseed that much more successful!

Antibubba

Next one in our area is on May 16-17, in Roseville.  Crossroads of the West.  I intend to be there, and I'll be happy to get the ball rolling now.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

V

The next Gunshow is Code of the West at Stockton March 14/15th.

Currently, BaldDragn is volunteering to step up for this as he has done for the Turlock and Cal Expo shows.

It would be really great if someone would be willing to step up and do the Stockton show in his stead as I'd like to get him down to Fresno that weekend, get a Rifleman patch and an Orange Hat on him so I can roll him through the IBC at Piru the week after and add him to the roster of volunteer IITs who can help me with the Sacramento April 18/19th shoot.

Sacramento April 18/19th is going to be another huge shooting event but this time, unlike January, there will be nine other simultaneous California shoots that weekend so the "SoCal" guys'n'gals are not available to instruct em masse at Sac as they were in January. So we need all of our SAC local IITs, and anyone else shooting close to  Rifleman who wants to step up and help, to get to Fresno Mar 14/15th and the Piru IBC (Instructor Boot Camp) Mar 21/22. We will be flying in instructors from out of state if necessary to cover each range at the Sac facility but they will need helpers to clear the line, etc.

So, no pressure BaldDragn  O0, and anyone want to step up for Stockton?

Cheers
Phil

BaldDragn

Quote from: V on March 10, 2009, 04:07:09 AM
So, no pressure BaldDragn  O0, and anyone want to step up for Stockton?

No pressure at all, I'm slacking on my EPT duties but I need the study time.

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

Latest report from Stockton gun show!

SLOW

After a record turn out at Sacramento, Stockton seemed anemic in comparison. The hidden advantage was that it gave me the opportunity to get out of the booth and make some contacts among the local shooting community.

I couldn't resist an offer to run an advertisement in a local shooting newspaper based on the mini flier. As soon as it prints I'll post a copy of it.

I made contacts with the Minutemen group also, explaining to them that results of our work would inevitably lead to waking up more Americans and create a boon for their cause as well. Also how they could do themselves a favor by coming out and sharpening their own skills.

The motto to this story... If Mohamed won't come to the mountain...!

I was not going to waste time setting in a booth when I had a giant room full of venders and gun dealers that hadn't heard our whole story yet, or how our work would benefit them. Thank goodness for RifleWoman's good work 'cause I used up the rest of my stash of mini-fliers, 400 more are on the way.

All of this resulted in other irons in the proverbial fire that could turn into huge plusses for California Appleseed but I'll have to hold off until I get advice from our Master Instructors before proceeding.

Persevering!

SAPPER STEEL!

V

The Gun Show at Costa Mesa CA, Crossroads of the West, Mar 28/29 is a go, table confirmed.

MrBill

The Costa Mesa show probably can be best described by the image of a cow carcass dropped into the Amazon river during low water season with the water apparently boiling with piranha in a feeding frenzy.

Now replace the words carcass with ammo and you get the picture.  OK enough with overly graphic analogies, but the crowds around the ammo and component vendors were voluminous.

The line to get in on Saturday at 9:00 AM was ~ 150+ yards long.  Maybe longer, I couldn't see the end of it from outside our booth by exhibitor parking.

This turned out to be great for Appleseed too, as the down moments were just that - moments.  There was a steady stream of interested people all day long.  Webdancer and Rick are both naturals working the show standing in front of the tables roping people in.    I can't thank them enough taking point and allowing me the safety of standing behind the table.  I also want to mention how great it is having ladies at the show as many women and children were visibly more comfortable talking to Webdancer than to Rick or I.  (It might be her charming outgoing nature too   ;D   

Note to self:  Bring lots of water, talking all day is thirsty business. 

Bob 210 turned the exhibitors parking lot into the Appleseed Target Distribution Center West for CA Shoot Bosses picking up their supplies for April 18-19. 

For those of you that were there on Sunday, how did it go? 

Cheers

Mr Bill

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."  Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

webdancer

Quote from: MrBill on March 30, 2009, 04:03:38 PMThe Costa Mesa show probably can be best described by the image of a cow carcass dropped into the Amazon river during low water season with the water apparently boiling with piranha in a feeding frenzy.

Now replace the words carcass with ammo and you get the picture.  OK enough with overly graphic analogies, but the crowds around the ammo and component vendors were voluminous. <snip> This turned out to be great for Appleseed too, as the down moments were just that - moments.  There was a steady stream of interested people all day long.

+1 It was delightfully busy and we made lots of excellent connections, including several firearm instructors--including a marine instructor whose head almost exploded with excitement--who seemed very interested in bailing with us.

Quote from: MrBill on March 30, 2009, 04:03:38 PM<snip> I also want to mention how great it is having ladies at the show as many women and children were visibly more comfortable talking to Webdancer than to Rick or I. 

LOL. The 8 year-olds or soccer moms, perhaps. What our modest Mr. Bill isn't saying is that several times during the day we couldn't beat the women off of him--long after the closing bell, two young ladies kept plying him with questions and comments and only left, reluctantly, when the show officials made an announcement. BUT, they left with a shopping list for Appleseed ammo and supplies in hand, chatting excitedly about the upcoming shoot! Also, his impressive firearms knowledge resulted in many people lingering to hear the AS message when, drawn to his bait guns, they were engaged in gun chat and deftly steered AS-ward. O0  I enjoyed the chance to get to know you better, Mr. Bill; you're dedicated, easy to work with, and serious fun. Francis Marion and Son of the Republic joined us for a while to 7th step, when they came by for their targets.

Quote from: MrBill on March 30, 2009, 04:03:38 PMFor those of you that were there on Sunday, how did it go?
The morning started with the NRA Member Council folks dropping by during the setup period to offer us their booth as they were leaving. We had spoken with Dee, the wife, on Saturday (and SavageShootr had met them at NRA / CRPA dinners) and apparently, she liked what she heard.  ;) When they packed up on Sunday they came by and literally "sold" us on the booth's features and benefits (increased traffic, central location, etc.) and Dee would not take "no" for an answer! Booth Boss SavageShootr went to look at the NRA booth and reported that it was, indeed, made of win. Because of the east-west orientation, our double-sided sign would be visible from both of the main entrances and across the entire building. Dee and her husband then helped us move all our gear to our new location and offered us tablecloths and flyers before heading off to work the cause from another avenue.

Sunday was a bit slower because there were fewer people at the show (the ammo buyers know that if they don't get to the ammo sellers early Saturday, they probably won't get what they need). That said, it was plenty busy in Appleseedland. Rick was lassoing families right and left and was approached by a man who wanted shoot flyers for his friends. He said he had attended a shoot last year and all his friends noticed how much better he was shooting, so now they plan to attend. ;D

Laylopro and Hollywood Marine came to get their targets and then stayed for a while to share the message at the booth. SavageShootr had the enjoyment of teaching a Barrett descendant about the actions of his ancestor. He was moved and delighted as he read the information in the book he was shown. Speaking of SavageShootr, a big thank you to her and her granddaughter Elisha. They came out Saturday morning simply to set up the booth--before heading back home to their houseguests--and then came right back first thing Sunday to 7th step all day. A big thank you also to Rick, who drove out and 7th stepped all day, both days. I believe a good time was had by all.

P.e.r.s.i.s.t.i.n.g,
Webdancer
More fundamentally, however, the basic premise of the Court's argument–that American law should conform to the laws of the rest of the world–ought to be rejected out of hand.  --Justice Antonin Scalia, dissent to Roper v. Simmons

SavageShootr

It was indeed a great Gun Show to attend. The very able Rick and capable Webdancer did most of the talking. We didn't have much down time until later in the day when the traffic thinned out.

The NRA couple who helped us change tables to indoors are both signed up for Corona April 18-19. We all know him as Sam Adams on the forum. Thank you Mrs Sam Adams and Sam Adams for insisting we move inside and helping us do so. It was cold out there in the breezeway. Then there was the added benefit of being able to see the sign from both ends of the building. (We had back to back banners)

My granddaughter enjoyed walking the show talking up Appleseed to all of the other vendors in attendance.

A highlight was talking to the young man and his wife. When he asked if I had heard of Col. James Barrett, I had more of an answer for him than he could have imagined. He was pretty surprised that I knew more about the actions of the Barrett family than he did! Including the actions of Rebecca Barrett and Meliscent. He was pretty puffed up with pride when he left the booth, as was his wife. (As well they should have been!) He mentioned talking to his sister about coming to an Appleseed.

In the end we handed out a lot of flyers and generated a lot of interest in the program. Most of the people there are closest to Corona. We did hand out flyers for San Bernardino, Dulzura, Corona and Piru. We handed out almost an entire box of the second edition of the Appleseed Newspaper, giving mention to all of the other events in California that most important weekend.

Thank You to all of the helpers at the show. It is, as always, my honor to work with all of you.

~SS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

LayloPro

True, true!! While I can only vouch personally for the Sunday noon bunch, WebDancer & Rick both were keeping the handouts going out, & the contacts drawn in......It's great to see SS get not only backup, but some seriously solid help! These folks all work -HARD- at delivering the AppleSeed message, and the underlying message of hope.....

While I stopped by to get my "target pack" (about 40 lbs worth, it felt like), I was conscripted into walking the show with Elisha, looking for pointy things to put on rifles....(actually, I was looking for the British "bay-or-net" to use @ lunch time as a "point maker"....)(Elisha was looking for something sweet to munch on for desert....and sharp things herself!) ;D She is probably more of a shameless promoter than even KoolAid, as much as that says!! O0 :))

Watching Rick, Dancer, & SS work the groups of folks walking by was inspiring.....the gals really know how to reach out to the other women, & kids!!
While I know that MrBill is going to probably need help @ Corona, we did talk to a few folks that will be hitting up the Lytle Creek range.....
Just trying to take some attendee pressure off him, is all...... ^-^ O0

I was happy to see the mental set of most of the folks on Sunday has improved over several gun shows in the past.....we had far fewer "posers", and a lot more folks that are -serious- about wanting to learn how to shoot better.....they are beginning to wake up to the things happening in the country, & they want to be ready.
I say we help them as much as possible.....

Other than that, this has been wonderfully covered! Thanks again to the team of Rick & WebDancer; SS & Elisha, and all the rest who put in their time to make this happen, so our events happen even better. You guys ROCK!! O0 <:) O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.