News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Banners for gun shows, events, promotions, etc.

Started by V, January 29, 2009, 01:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

I had 10 of these banners made, 6' x 3', by my local print shop. They're $95 each. I shopped around a bit and got this kinda price everywhere but I didn't hunt for the absolute lowest price so I went with my neighborhood shop, gotta support the neighbors in this economy, right?

Anyway, I wanted one for the gunshows I do.

If anyone wants one PM me for shipping and payment. If you can't afford $95 suggest a donation and convince me you'll put it to good use ;)

A few I'll loan out to gun show volunteers etc.

The attached jpg is highly compressed sample, the actual banner is a lot cleaner and sharper.

Cheers
V

bob 210

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

BaldDragn

Awesome!

That's much better price than I expected. I'll be happy to pick up the cost of one of those.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

surfj9009

I will happily donate for one of these right now. I work the gunshows here in town all the time. Please PM me how you would like to get paid. O0

LayloPro

V,

Thank you!!
This will undoubtedly get us away from the questions about whether we are a muzzle loader club, or any of that!!

Excellent job, Sir.......but we're beginning to expect nothing less from you!

You rock, dude!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

BaldDragn

I hope we have some left when we are ready to start moving Appleseed north towards Chico and Redding, I know we have plenty of riflemen up there just waiting for a chance, and just like So Cal took care of us in Sac, we are going to get Oregon more support.

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

SavageShootr

Quote from: BaldDragn on January 31, 2009, 08:49:43 PM
I hope we have some left when we are ready to start moving Appleseed north towards Chico and Redding, I know we have plenty of riflemen up there just waiting for a chance, and just like So Cal took care of us in Sac, we are going to get Oregon more support.

BaldDragn... I would bet that we have an orange hat with your name on it. We sure could use you in the program. Jules too. You can work the Gun Show together, like JA and I do.  O0

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

BaldDragn

Thanks SS.

I hope to make that a good bet. But even if it takes me several tries I won't be worried, the worse that can happen is a delay while we qualify more riflemen to become IITs and find more places that want what we have to offer.

My first goal is to see Appleseeds across the whole state of California. We still have a bunch of good ol' boys n girls north of me that will make great riflemen. Wouldn't it be great if several times a year anybody in California could get to an Appleseed and not have to drive more than an hour or so?

My folks grew up in Chico, my dad was born in Alpaugh CA. So as a second generation Californian the rules of life they taught me bear little resemblance to the California that I see today.

Californians don't seem to understand that we each bear the responsibility of the safety of our families, that the rights that have been gifted to us by our forefathers come with a price. Many don't even seem to know what rights they have.

To me the 2A isn't just a right, but a responsibility. I've believed that from the age of nine when I was taught to shoot.

Appleseed is the most practical way I have ever seen to introduce these ideas to free people. Let's wake em up!

SAPPER STEEL!

Camljr

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

LavaTech

QuoteWouldn't it be great if several times a year anybody in California could get to an Appleseed and not have to drive more than an hour or so?
This is the standard for each state to try to achieve if you were to ask me. It will ideally be possible to supersede that standard with a half hour one. ;)
How long will it be before there's an AS every weekend in every county in every state? :D
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.

- John Adams

LayloPro

How long will it be before there's an AS every weekend in every county in every state?  :D

Dunno yet......how fast can you make it to Red Hat, then Green? And build your team, so all those ranges out there can have us visit them on a moments months notice?

Not busting your chops AT ALL, LT; @@) but we could do the math.....and it -will be- awesome!!! <:)

Just need to have the folks who are committed to this Cause, "for it is a just Cause".......

TTYS
LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

V

So far I've got one each for:
V,
bob 210,
balddragn,
surfj9009,
sur+rifle.
J.Papineau
colycat
EEL
brokensling
MrBill

So I figure 0 left.

At this rate the out of staters will take more than the home crew. There are going to be at least 8 CA shoots in April, so SB's what are you going to display at your shoot? Your not relying on Fred are you  ::)

If I run out but there's enough interest I can order another run, they only take a couple of days. The bigger the order the bigger the discount so the individual price goes down.

Alternatively, feel free to take the ideas/artwork and get your own local print shops to produce if you can get a better price.

Cheers
Phil

Pappy

Hello Group; I would like to order one of these banners, Will you ship to the state of Illinois? Advise of total, I will send funds. Pappy 
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

V

Quote from: J.Papineau on February 02, 2009, 09:53:55 PM
Hello Group; I would like to order one of these banners, Will you ship to the state of Illinois? Advise of total, I will send funds. Pappy 
Why, whats wrong with Illinois? Happy to ship to anyone who wants one.
PM inbound

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

LayloPro

Hey Coly,
If you want, you could pick up yours @ Corona in March....make a nice "reason" to make it out for the anniversary....... @) ;)

The lights are on...... ;D

LLP

Big Sal

�To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them�  -Richard Henry Lee, Signer of the Declaration of Independence

V

Quote from: New York on February 05, 2009, 02:43:31 AM
V - is that banner double-sided?
Unfortunately not - it was nearly twice the price for a double sided banner! So I figured if you reallly really need double sided hang two of em.

Big Sal

Well, as you probably know, it's not an issue at the gunshow if your table is against the wall.  But if you're hanging out there in the middle, it's nice to be able to advertise from each direction.  I like the banner, but if you don't mind, I'll borrow your artwork and see what I can do up here in Oregon.
�To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them�  -Richard Henry Lee, Signer of the Declaration of Independence

V

Quote from: New York on February 05, 2009, 03:34:25 AM
I like the banner, but if you don't mind, I'll borrow your artwork and see what I can do up here in Oregon.
Go for it and let us know what kind of deal you can get... maybe you can ship me some...

Grandson of Liberty

Quote from: V on February 05, 2009, 02:49:34 AM

Unfortunately not - it was nearly twice the price for a double sided banner! So I figured if you reallly really need double sided hang two of em.

You know, if those banners don't hang together, they shall surely hang separately.  <:)

Sorry, just a little Revolutionary humor.  ;)
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

BaldDragn

Quote from: Grandson of Liberty on February 05, 2009, 04:07:29 AM
You know, if those banners don't hang together, they shall surely hang separately.  <:)

Sorry, just a little Revolutionary humor.  ;)

**) **) **)

I should have bought two.

It just came in and it looks great. The check is in the mail O0

SAPPER STEEL!

V

BaldDragn's setup of the banner for his gunshow trips.

Great job BD.

V

As per this entry I only have two left (and I'm thinking of keeping another one for myself).

If people like these and want more I'll do another run but I'll need some indications of who seriously wants one.
It was a $1021 for the last run which I did on spec, I wanted something for myself so I took the risk. I don't think I can risk the other half doing that again @) Big thank you to everyone who's bought one from me.

If people have any suggestions for improvements in the wording, layout, printing, colors, graphics, etc please let me know or discuss it here.

If anyone can get a printshop to do a better rate let me know as well. I don't have a dog in that race.

Cheers
Phil

EEL

Sent you a PM requesting one earlier today.  Please ck your box.

Thanks,

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

V

Don't panic, EEL, you were on the list in the link. Your PM was why I posted the updates. It will be on its way this afternoon by UPS.

Quote from: EEL on February 07, 2009, 04:49:37 PM
Sent you a PM requesting one earlier today.  Please ck your box.

Thanks,

EEL

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

LayloPro

Now -that- is a great looking bunch of folks!!! What a wonderful display of Mid West hats! And a really nice banner on the wall to boot!

But they do look kinda tired, like they've been at an IBC or somethin'......who'da thunk? **) ++)  :))

Yep, they look tired.....but happy!!! They must have been doing some Appleseed stuff!! :D O0 <:)

AmbulanceDriver

V, I found a fellow gunny on another board.  This banner is smaller, but it is double sided.  5' by 18", double sided, for $75.  I ginned up the artwork, and he's printing it off.  Should be mailed off today (he had a termite infestation in his shop that he found out about last week, or it'd have been here this week.  While I like your banner for informative purposes, I kinda like drawing them in with the "siren song" as it were...  Give them just enough to get their attention, and get them to come to the booth and ask questions....  :) 

If anyone is interested in copies of this banner, I can put you directly in touch with the guy I use, as he's still got the artwork that I submitted him.  (had to mail him a DVD, the file was freakin' HUGE!)

Here's a (very low res) version of the banner:

V

My experience at shows with the existing April 1775 banner is that most people out here won't stop and ask, when I grab 'em and try to start explaining the first question out of their mouth is "I don't do Civil War re-enactment" "I don't have blackpowder" etc.

So I found the siren song drives away more than it attracts. YMMV

But I like the banner and the price....

Cheers
Phil

Quote from: AmbulanceDriver on February 17, 2009, 11:04:34 AM
...I kinda like drawing them in with the "siren song" as it were...  Give them just enough to get their attention, and get them to come to the booth and ask questions....  :)