News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming CA Gun Shows we should attend

Started by bob 210, September 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antibubba

I could really use a few Riflemen to help me at the Cal Expo show Sept 26 & 27.   Even if just for a few hours one day.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

bob 210

OK folks, we missed the last couple of opportunities for SoCal gun shows due to the CA Leadership meeting and the Simultaneous IBC, but now is the time to make up for it and get the word out about the upcoming fall Appleseeds. The next shows are as follows:

Oct 3-4 Del Mar  (this show is crucial for promoting the Dulzura Appleseed Oct 31- Nov 1!)

Oct 24-25 Ontario (this show would cover the Glen Helen Nov 14-15 and Corona Dec 12-13 Appleseeds)

Nov 7-8 Ventura  (for all the Piru Appleseeds)

We need folks to step up. The Shoot Bosses for these shoots should look at these Gun Show's as one of the best ways to promote their events.

Who's is available?  Please post replies here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Sam Adams

FYI; Per the O.C. Fairgrounds event calendar, The next Crossroads show in O.C. is November 28 & 29. There is no gunshow listed in October at O.C. Fairgrounds.
" Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen."  Jeff Cooper

bob 210

Quote from: Sam Adams on October 05, 2009, 07:19:30 PM
FYI; Per the O.C. Fairgrounds event calendar, The next Crossroads show in O.C. is November 28 & 29. There is no gunshow listed in October at O.C. Fairgrounds.

thanks for catching that Sam.....what I meant was Ontario. :-[
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bob 210

I just talked to Crossroads of the West and have secured us a table at the Ontario Gun Show for Oct 24-25. So far, these are the people that have volunteered:

Sat

Bob 210
Savageshootr
Laylopro

Sun

Laylopro
NewMoe

We sure could use some more help folks. Even if it's for just a few hours, it would allow folks to go get lunch and a little relief.

V

I'll do Ventura as usual...

Anyone want to help will be very welcome.

Cheers
Phil

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

bob 210

OK folks, so far we have V and ASMinuteman working both days of the Ventura Gun Show on Nov 7-8. Is anyone else available? We sure could use the help, even if it's for a couple of hours for lunch/bathroom relief.

The next shows here in SoCal are:

Nov 28-29 Costa Mesa, Orange County Fairgrounds, Crossroads of the West

Dec 12-13 Del Mar, Del Mar Fairgrounds Crossroads of the West

Jan 9-10 Ventura, Seaside Park, 10 W. Harbor Blvd, McMann's Roadrunner

Pleas post here is you are available.

Antibubba

November 21st & 22nd!  At the last one in September BaldDragn and I were the only ones to work it.  I'll be there, but I don't want BD to have to come out, since he's already bailing as fast as he can.  I want three volunteers--it doesn't have to be for both days or all day (though that'd be fantastic if you can).
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

eaglescouter

I made contact with the organizer of the Paradise gun show (just north of Chico), got a warm reception on the telephone, but he explained that the show sold out (12 months ago!).

I talked my way into a card table for free when he understood that I had nothing to sell, but wanted copies of the material I would be handing out.

I sent him PDF versions of the Dec Red Bluff Appleseed flier and the SWAT reprint along with a nice email explaining what Appleseed is and that it is free for youth under 21, women, and active duty military.

Today I got an email response:  Show sold out, do not want to set a precidence for free information tables since others pay for them.  Do I want to be on the overflow list if there is a cancellation, cost $50 per table (not sure if that is per day or per weekend at this point).

So I got shot down for my first show promo opportunity.  :(
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

bob 210

A great big THANK YOU to the folks that helped out at the Ontario and Ventura gun shows! We made some pretty interesting contacts! We need some volunteers to help out at the next shows in the soCal area. They are as follows:

Nov 28-29 Costa Mesa, Orange County Fairgrounds, Crossroads of the West

Dec 12-13 Del Mar, Del Mar Fairgrounds Crossroads of the West

Jan 9-10 Ventura, Seaside Park, 10 W. Harbor Blvd, McMann's Roadrunner

Please post here is you are available.

LayloPro

Hey Bob,

I'll be @ Costa Mesa early, bringing SS's stuff that I wasn't able to bring before.....see ya Sat AM..... :))

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

DesertDog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

bob 210

Thanks guys O0  I just booked us a table for the Costa Mesa Gun Show, so we're gonna need some help. Even if it's just for a few hours, if you are available, post here. OK so far we have.....

Sat                                  Sun

Costa Mesa                    Laylopro                        Savageshootr
                                  22calgal                 

Ventura                                V                                    V
                                    DesertDog    

V

Hey, I always do Ventura.... :)

I did skip out this Sunday to go do the RBC instead... @)  but I'll be there in January.

Folks, please don't overdo the "get into the show for free" by just doing a couple of hours. Lori commented on how many people were in when I handed in the badges on Sunday so lets not abuse our hosts.

If you want to just hang around and help out for a couple of hours pay the admission, do the show, and stop by and help out.

I'll be there both days setting up the table, banners, flags.

Cheers
Phil

DesertDog

Quote from: V on November 10, 2009, 05:56:50 PM
Hey, I always do Ventura.... :)

I did skip out this Sunday to go do the RBC instead... @)  but I'll be there in January.

Folks, please don't overdo the "get into the show for free" by just doing a couple of hours. Lori commented on how many people were in when I handed in the badges on Sunday so lets not abuse our hosts.

If you want to just hang around and help out for a couple of hours pay the admission, do the show, and stop by and help out.

I'll be there both days setting up the table, banners, flags.

Cheers
Phil

I'll be there all day!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

SavageShootr

I'll be in Costa Mesa Sunday the 29th

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Antibubba

I'll be at Cal Expo this weekend.  It looks like I'll be doing it alone (hint hint).  I could really use some help.

WOOHOO!  I've got help from 9am to noon on Saturday!!  Who can step up for 3 hours on Sunday?

bob 210

We're gonna need some more help at the Costa Mesa Gun show this weekend.........so who's comin?!?!?!

Jules

Bald Dragn and I want to thank Antibubba for stepping behind the table to represent Apleseed at the Cal Expo Gun Show in Sacramento this past weekend. Our gratitude go out to Graham Ulyshen, who drove from San Francisco to help out, as well as Skyler Walker, who drove up from Stockton.

These are Men who "very much know what they are about".

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Antibubba

It wasn't that well attended, unfortunately.  I'll know how well I got the word out when the December shoot rolls around.  I did talk to a lot of fathers and children, so I have hope.

22calgal

I can help Saturday morning, then I need to report to the WEGC booth for duty there.

I'll see what I can do about Sunday.

Love the gun shows!!!

Jackie
22calgal
Jackie Young, Proud to be American

bob 210

We need more help folks. Who's gonna step up. I will also have targets to distribute to Shoot Bosses at the Costa Mesa gun show, so come on down.

Quote from: bob 210 on November 10, 2009, 04:53:04 PM
Thanks guys O0  I just booked us a table for the Costa Mesa Gun Show, so we're gonna need some help. Even if it's just for a few hours, if you are available, post here. OK so far we have.....

Sat                                  Sun

Costa Mesa                    Laylopro                        Savageshootr
                                  22calgal                 

Ventura                                V                                    V
                                    DesertDog    

Camljr

I'm in for Saturday afternoon. at Costa Mesa.

Saturday at Ventura, Maybe Sunday if I don't get the eye roll from the wifey!!! ::)

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

LibertyMinded

Ventura Jan 9th and 10th

V,

I can help on Sunday for sure, and maybe Saturday too.

Debbie
LM
Debbie

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

bob 210

A great big thank you goes out to the folks that help at the Costa Mesa Gun Show this last weekend! Thanks to Laylopro, Savageshootr, 22calgal, Scavenger, S.Farmer, Camljr, and Squeeky Blinker for manning the tablle and reaching out to a crowd of multiple tens of thousands that attended this gun show. The line at the main entrance was backed up until well after noon!

The next gun show to attend in this area will be the Ontario Gun Show on Jan 2-3. Who is available to help? Please post here.

thanks

Bob 210

LayloPro

Should I be back, I should be able to do this one no problem.....
Any other volunteers? <:)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

bob 210

Thanks LLP! I just booked us a table in Ontario for Jan 2-3.

Quote from: LayloPro on November 30, 2009, 07:45:22 PM
Should I be back, I should be able to do this one no problem.....
Any other volunteers? <:)

LLP

Antibubba

McMann Roadrunner just notified me of a gun show this upcoming weekend, Jan. 2 & 3!  They weren't supposed to come back until February.  I'll be making table arrangements on Monday, and I need VOLUNTEERS!

If you can get in the cold, muddy rain to correct dragging wood and advising breath control to a new shooter, taking a few hours to tell folks about Appleseed should be easy--no cold, no mud, and you can sip coffee!!  9 am to 5 pm on Saturday, 9 am to 4 pm Sunday.  You don't even have to stay all weekend--a few hours will make a huge difference to someone who will be there the entire time.  We're rolling out Sacramento shoots every month of 2010, and I need Riflemen to help me spread the word!!

PM me, or let Balddragn know.

BaldDragn

Antibubba you have the heart of a Rifleman even if you don't have the patch (yet)!  O0

I wish I had another 10 just like you!  ::)

Thanks for continuing to run our Gun Show promos here in Sacramento.  ^:)^
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!