News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NM and this cold= problems

Started by CSHR, February 04, 2011, 08:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSHR

Taos went on natural gas shut down yesterday and had runs on electric heaters, food, water, etc. Friends there told me the temp this AM was -9 degrees, lots of stores/schools/etc are closing.

Friends in Las Cruces tell me the whole state is on 'rolling blackouts' due to inability to obtain NG from Texas, as the story goes TX had contracts with Mexico but they failed, unk reason, and so with all the ice storms, etc they  are unable to provide enough NG to NM.

Minor stories of panic buying and short tempers.

While we here don't seem to have all this snow/cold it might be wise to see the writing on the wall and stock up on all the things necessary to provide for your family for an extended period of time. Should have been on that page awhile ago....like we teach, it's all about taking responsibility for ourselves. Self sufficiency and friends go a long way.

I'm also reminded of the Enron scandal and their manipulation of 'electricity' to provide brownouts and price hikes.

I wonder when the 'rich' will feel 'rich enough'?

CSHR

"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

gpbbiker

My prays are with you! Back in the mid 70's an early spring ice storm knocked our power out. six and a half weeks later we got in back. Luckily we still had family members who had "no electricity" training gained from living in rural Nebraska in the 1930's. I soaked up as much wisdom as I could because they made it tolerable and survivable. An experience like that sorta changes how you think about such things. We forget just how "new" the modern phenomena of readily available gas and electricity is!!
Funny thing, they were all marksmen as well!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

POP

gp,
This afternoon Castle Mountain posted @ the link below:

USD OMG & the APPLESEED MISSION We can make a difference
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20481.msg160653;topicseen#msg160653

Several points can be made regarding what may or may not happen here in the US.  But, perhaps one of the most important points was made by CSHR ... it might be wise to see the writing on the wall and stock up on all the things necessary to provide for your family for an extended period of time. Should have been on that page awhile ago....like we teach, it's all about taking responsibility for ourselves. Self sufficiency and friends go a long way.  This is true whether the emergency is natural disaster or man made in WDC. Appleseed members are excellent resources for survival information.

See ya'll on the trail.
POP

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)