News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming CA Gun Shows we should attend

Started by bob 210, September 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

For anybody too far south to make the Sacramento gun show, we will also be doing one in Paso Robles on the 15th and 16th. We have table, chairs and everything and it would be nice to have enough people so everybody could get some breaks.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Antibubba

If you were afraid that all the time slots were filled up, relax--they're all open!  So contact me now!!   ~~:)
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Antibubba

A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Antibubba

Work enough gun shows and the worst will eventually happen.  Yes, I got stuck next to the stun gun vendor.   !@#)

Otherwise, it was a really good show--I talked to a lot of men, women, and children about AS.  Lots of trifolds and information was passed out.  Every child was told an abbreviated history, and that we'd teach them to hit that one inch black square.

It was quite busy for such a small show*.  As always, it is difficult to judge how successful it was until these people show up for a shoot.  Another addition to the sign up sheet, after email, should be a "How did you hear about Appleseed?".

It was so small the NRA didn't have a table and no one was selling beef jerky!

V

The next Ventura McManns show is June 5/6. I will be in England then so is anyone willing to man this show for me. You can borrow my table, flags, banners, trifolds, swats, etc.

Appleseed has been at every Ventura show since we started there so I'd hate to miss one. Anyone?

Cheers
V

Dano

I can be there on Saturday the 5th but not Sunday, we can coordinate tables etc. Maybe I can get them from you at the Ojai Gun Club Meeting. Anyone available for Sunday?

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

LibertyMinded

I can be there Sunday, but would love some company.

Debbie
Debbie

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

V

Yea, thanks Dano, Liberty Minded,

Anyone else help out? I've done gun shows single handed a few times, its tough to get natural breaks, food, drink and if one or two people stop by you are swamped...

Even if you can't "man" the show for a day, if you are going to the gun show anyway drop by and help out for a few hours.

Anyone else?

Antibubba

Doing a show singlehanded also means you can't have a rifle on the table, and LTRs get a lot of people to stop.

Cal 7.62

Got a table booked for the Bakersfield Gunshow June 19-20.  O0
Moose said he can work the table both days. :bow:
I haven't talked to SleepsinProne yet about helping out.  @@) (hopefully he can get us a shoot scheduled before the gunshow)
Anyone else that wants to help out would be more than welcome. :sos:
I realize there's FOUR Appleseeds going on that weekend,  :o (and I'd love to be at one if I could)  :~  but promotions are important too (just not AS exciting.) $$-0

Cal out
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Camljr

Phil,

I will take this for both days. I will coordinate with you to get the banners, flags, and your setup before you go to England.

Call me and let me know when that is....

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Dano

Let me know what time to be there Cam and I can be there all day Saturday.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

V

cam, dano, liberty,

I'm leaving on Friday and won't be back to the 20th. If you folks work out what you want to do about table chairs, who has a car for the table or do you want to get the folding one from Piru, (mine is a 6 foot non-folder), the banner display and flags are easy.

I can drop them round Cam or Dano's place. Sort out who's doing what on transporting stuff there Sat and back on Sun.

LibertyMinded

V,

As I won't be there Saturday I will let Cam and Dano work out the tables.

Cam,

What time should I meet you on Sunday? I can be there all day.

Debbie

LM
Debbie

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Camljr

I will get the stuff from V, since we live close by. I have a 6 ft. folder table I can use...

I think I can meet anyone at the usual table location outside Bldg 2+3 at the west end. If you go through the gate, and tell the attendant you are working a booth, go to the vendor entrance before 8, you can enter that way no charge. If you wait until much after that, you will be charged, i think...

I will be there both days at 7:30 am. setting up...  I will have MauserSanta there helping out Saturday, too...

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

bob 210

OK folks, we have a couple of gun shows coming up in SoCal.

Del Mar July 17-18  (Promote upcoming Escondido Appleseed)
Ontario July 31-Aug 1 (Promote upcoming Azusa, Corona, Glen Helen Appleseeds)
Costa Mesa Aug 28-29 (Promote upcoming Azusa, Corona, Glen Helen Appleseeds)

Who is available to man a table?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

V

I will be SB in Cedar City UT on 31/1 so if Ontario gun show people could push the Azusa shoot on August 7/8, at Burro Canyon Shooting Park (www.burrocanyon.com), that would be great.

I went to the range today (confirmed again the dates and price). They are giving us two private ranges East One and Two at half price, hence the $10 range fee.

We can shoot 100 yard with about 30 shooters on East One and can put anywhere upto 100 shooters at 25 yards on East Two.

This is our first shoot at this range hence they assume the best and give us both ranges. Quote "if it turns out crappy then next time we'll have to argue over which range you get". The next shoot we have booked here is Oct 23/24.

So put out the word and help us make this a great inaugural shoot for our new hosts. I've dropped off swats/dillons/tri-folds today for them to push.

Cheers
Phil

Camljr

I think I can do the Ontario show both days. I will transport what I need there myself.

I need to print up some handouts, though. I will download them from the eventbrite link and get them printed.

Is there a flyer for the new Burro Canyon shoot yet???

Cam
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

bob 210

Quote from: Camljr on July 02, 2010, 11:16:23 PM

I think I can do the Ontario show both days. I will transport what I need there myself.

I need to print up some handouts, though. I will download them from the eventbrite link and get them printed.

Is there a flyer for the new Burro Canyon shoot yet???

Cam

Not yet, but I wiil bring them along with Corona and Glen Helen fliers. Thanks for stepping up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

LayloPro

I can help do wet up on Sat, and then run it as well on Sunday......we are part of the WEGC Bar-B-Q on that Sat as well, so need to put in an appearance there as well.....
we will need wristbands......

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Rocket Man

I'll be at the West End BBQ on Saturday, but I could come over to Ontario on Sunday.  Let me know what you need, I'll do my best. 
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Camljr

Anyone who wants to help out while at the Ontario gun show, it would be appreciated.

Bob 210 and Camljr will be there Saturday, and Laylo will help set up Sat. AM.

LayloPro and Rocketman be working the show on Sunday...

We still need others to step up and help out, even if for a few hours, allowing folks to take a break and grab a bite...

Bob 210 asked me to put the call out to see who steps up.... Will it be you???

Thanks in advance to all who can help out on this one....

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

bob 210

Costa Mesa Aug 28-29

Who is available to man a table?

LayloPro

*sadness*....not able to make this one....doing the Sweat Job "Shoot" in Corona that weekend...... :'( ::) ???
If you need any of the gear before hand, give me a shout......

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

bob 210

JohnM

I can go Saturday, but considering my first Appleseed was last weekend will there be anyone there to show me the ropes?

John
In NPOA I Trust

bob 210

Thanks JohnM! There will be a RedHat at the show, one way or another. I'll send you a pm as the date gets closer.

bob 210

OK, so far we have the following folks working the Costa Mesa Gun show this weekend:

Saturday                     Sunday

Camljr                         4posterity
JohnM                         

We need more help folks. Please sign up...this show is 5 days away.

LayloPro

As a side note on Costa Mesa, we are also doing a shoot @ Corona that same weekend, so if anyone wants to come down to La Verne, and pick up the "gun show shoot box" (big road case that has about the whole deal for doing gun shows.....) it would be appreciated.
As said, I live in La Verne, and will leave the box handy for whom ever wants to pick it up & bring it back.....
Give me a call @ 909-226-9333
Be well all!!
LLP

bob 210

We need help this weekend in Costa Mesa, folks. Can anybody help?