News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming CA Gun Shows we should attend

Started by bob 210, September 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Woo Hoo! Got a table at the Bakersfield gunshow for next weekend.  ^:)^
Oh, that's right, now I have to "work" there!  >:(
Me and my big mouth.  %)
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

For those of you going to Costa Mesa. Chelene Nightengale will have a table at the Crossroads of the West Gunshow. IMO the only GOOD candidate running for California Governor. Chelene is the ONLY candidate who strongly supports our 2nd Amendment rights. Invite her to an Appleseed while you're there. I know Desert Dog has had positive dealings with her.

Steve
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Jules

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on August 28, 2010, 10:34:43 AM
For those of you going to Costa Mesa. Chelene Nightengale will have a table at the Crossroads of the West Gunshow. IMO the only GOOD candidate running for California Governor. Chelene is the ONLY candidate who strongly supports our 2nd Amendment rights. Invite her to an Appleseed while you're there. I know Desert Dog has had positive dealings with her.

Steve

Inviting her to a Seed is cool. We cannot as a 501 3 (c)  endorse anyone. Nor should it appear that AS is endorsing anyone. That gives folks a mixed message. We have one of our own running for Mayor in West Sac. We will support him and work his campaign, but cannot in any way connect it to Appleseed.

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Cal 7.62

Sorry if it appeared as an endorsement. :-[
Just wanted to let them know to invite her to a seed. O0

Jules

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on August 28, 2010, 04:48:31 PM
Sorry if it appeared as an endorsement. :-[
Just wanted to let them know to invite her to a seed. O0

no foul, no penalty, and ask her to bring a friend!

love Jules

- Eleanor Roosevelt

bob 210

I just noticed there is a Gun Show in Ventura this weekend. Is anyone covering this show?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Dano

I saw that in the paper today, sorry I will be out of town fishing in the high sierras.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

V

Quote from: bob 210 on September 09, 2010, 01:09:46 PM
I just noticed there is a Gun Show in Ventura this weekend. Is anyone covering this show?
Is the bear Catholic?

I covered it as usual... some friendly people stopped by so I could eat, drink and do what bears do in the woods...

Quite a few previous Appleseeders who were very enthusiastic on the upcoming shoots. Lots of excitement about Newhall, Saugus and Sunland.

By the way, should we do more prominence to the host range name rather than the neutral "town" location? Several people were like, "hmmm, ok I'll think about it" when I explained were the "towns" were but when I dropped the range names, Oak Tree, Angeles Shooting and Place To Shoot they were like, "Oh right, yeah I've shot there", much more excitement.

Just a thought. It would have been nice to have had company  :(

Cheers
Phil

LayloPro

Heh!! As always, do them all!! If the town name doesn't elicit any response, the range name is usually the next thing to go to.....that way, we whack 'em twice!

Works here as well...... :)) :)) O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Freeman

We need people to man the tables at some upcoming gun shows, who can help?

October 2/3 Tulare - no one signed up
October 9/10 Turlock - no one signed up
October 30/31 Fresno - no one signed up

November 13/14 Ventura - no one signed up
November 20/21 Glendale - Dano 1 day, Freeman (possibly)
November 27/28 Costa Mesa - no one signed up
November 27/28 San Jose - no one signed up
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

V

I'll do the Ventura Nov gun show, would like to have some assistance, I bring the table, banners, flags, books, rifles, flyers, just need bodies to talk to people and hand 'em all out.

Cheers
Phil

Zot

Crossroads of the West is doing another show in Del Mar on Dec 18th, 19th and February 12th, 13th.

We need to get this on the calendar.  We had a good turnout this last weekend and I know that a consistent effort with constant visibility builds our credibility and familiarity with the public.  Put me down as a volunteer for both weekends, both days.  I can do at least 1/2 day shift both days.  I plan on showing up no matter what and y'all will have to kick me out if you don't want me there :-)

Zot
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!  - Rudyard Kipling

Jules

Go back in time and visit the
Old West.
The Big Reno Show has more
selections for buyers,
sellers and collectors...
antique firearms, cowboy
and western memorabilia,
blades, books, Indian
artifacts and more.

1 1/2 Acres of Exhibits!
The next show rides in on

November 5 - 7, 2010
9am-6pm Fri-Sat, 9am-3pm Sun

Grand Sierra Resort
2500 E Second
Reno Nv 89595
800-648-5080

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Hambone

I can help at the Reno Show if anyone else has interest in going. I am unaware of how to go about getting us a table-spot or if such arrangements have already been made.
Angels on the sideline,
puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden
has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden.
Silly monkeys,
where there's one you're bound to divide it,
right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason
and this is what they choose?

Jules

Quote from: Hambone on October 13, 2010, 05:40:25 PM
I can help at the Reno Show if anyone else has interest in going. I am unaware of how to go about getting us a table-spot or if such arrangements have already been made.

Thanks Hambone, but we made the executive decision to take a pass on the November Big Reno, and take another look at it in March. GGlovesguns is in Nev. and has already made contact with the event owner for a table. We were surprised by the lack of buyers that made the Big Reno a few months back that BD,ES,NC22G, GG, GB, and I worked. Thanks for your willingness, and we will see about getting a table from Lou again in the Spring.

Jules

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Hambone

No worries. Any word about local shows? (too lazy too look into other threads.... teh Xbox calleth)
Angels on the sideline,
puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden
has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden.
Silly monkeys,
where there's one you're bound to divide it,
right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason
and this is what they choose?

LibertyMinded

V,

I can help at the Ventura show on the 13th.

Debbie
LM
Debbie

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

V

Thanks,

You know the ropes from last time so I'll see you there.

Anyone else?
Quote from: LibertyMinded on October 30, 2010, 12:36:21 PM
V,

I can help at the Ventura show on the 13th.

Debbie
LM

Camljr

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Cal 7.62

I've got a table at the Bakersfield gunshow Nov 20-21.  O0
Moose said he's 80% sure he can help out. :-\
If anyone else wants to lend a hand we'd love to have you. PM me for details.  @@)

Cowgirl Ducky

LayLo, I'll have to check my schedule but I'm pretty sure I can help out on the 22-23 dates!!

Freeman

Anyone interested in getting and/or manning a table at the Glendale gunshow November 20/21?
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Camljr

I would love to do that, but I have a Carbine match at my gun club that saturday.

I could go Sunday if you get a table.
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

SavageShootr

Costa Mesa, CA Gun Show January 29-30.

Penny's Dad asked if anyone is running it.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Justin

I posted a list of this year's shows:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20314.msg159534#msg159534

I'll keep an eye on this thread to update the list, PM s are encouraged as well as suggestions.
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Mr Pete

Because of work I can't go to CV this weekend but I can do one day of the Costa Mesa Gun show.

I know it was just discussed on the conference call but are there any reference materials for the show?  Suggestions?

Is there a standard kit for the show?  Historical Map, fliers, flags etc?

Who is on point for Costa Mesa?

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Mr Pete

Quote from: Mr Pete on January 26, 2011, 04:29:34 AM
Who is on point for Costa Mesa?

Turns out I was on point!

Bob210 provided all the promotionals and I made due with hats, books and shooting jackets.  After Bob showed me the ropes it was, "Dance Monkey Dance!"...so no different than a regular shoot.

Good:
It was a great time.  Plenty of Appleseed alums helped encourage interested visitors.  Nothing like testimonials from regular people to give us momentum.  Lots of IIT, RH and SB swinging by which was great.  Nice to meet Appleseed family outside of a shoot.  I got to meet Melody's dad and brother (Melody of the infamous Burro Canyon underwater shoot).  

Just guessing I would say that interest came from about:
40% new individuals
40% new families (very interesting)
20% previous shooters

All in all a great time,
-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

V

At the last gun-show in Ventura I've decided to save money on dated material like flyers for individual shoots, Instead I go to the webpage schedule (the map) filter on California and just print that web page. It has the next 2-3 months of CA shoots for people to look over. I hand out that plus the tri-folds, swats, dillons.

Cheers
Phil

Mr Pete

Quote from: V on January 30, 2011, 07:48:29 PM
At the last gun-show in Ventura I've decided to save money on dated material like flyers for individual shoots, Instead I go to the webpage schedule (the map) filter on California and just print that web page. It has the next 2-3 months of CA shoots for people to look over. I hand out that plus the tri-folds, swats, dillons.

Cheers
Phil

Exactly...people were asking about shoots for which I had no information.  I'll remember that for next time. 

The Glen Helen flier was nice because it showed a Ladyseed.  Explaining that there are dedicated women who shoot a 210 AND spend the 120 hours doing the "IIT apprenticeship" to become Instructors and SBs really impressed people.  Lots of families and women seemed convinced just by that.

The family angle was good.  At least 7 families picked up info, listened to the spiel, asked questions and seemed genuinely interested.

-Peter

Justin

Ontario Gun Show Feb 5-6

Alrighty Folks, another great weekend and another Gun Show. So who is going to be in Ontario this weekend? Also who normally attends Ontario shows?

Thanks Mr. Pete for attending last weekends show but even more so for the AAR. If your interested, send him a PM. I'm sure he will share the details along with some of the other topics that were discussed while he was there. I will also start compiling these AARs and looking at trends so that we can look at the information and have a more effective influence.

Again, the more help the better, especially in the way of materials and banners and the like. Thanks everyone and let me know ASAP if you plan on attending the Ontario 5-6 Feb show so I can fill you into the schedule. Also, if you are in the area and have Gun show materials, that would be good info as well.
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851