News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA IBC March 13-14, 2010

Started by bob 210, February 01, 2010, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

The perfect opportunity to brush up on your Instructor skills before the BIG April 17-18, 2010 Nationwide Event! We will be having an Instructor's Boot Camp on March 13-14, 2010 at Piru, CA! Don't miss out on this great opportunity! Besides the wealth of knowledge that will be passed on, there will be the commoradery with some of the best folks you ever met! SO, you will want to make sure to plan on camping at the range and all you IIT's get signed up as soon as possible! This is also a great opportunity for RedHats to brush up, so if you have already been to an IBC, you may attend this one for free! Please contact me by pm to sign up for this event.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

DesertDog

Chris_H and I will strongly encourage the Boulder City IIT's to make this.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

LibertyMinded

Debbie

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

SavageShootr

This is now open for registration. The event page is posted and registration link is on it.

We will be camping out, as we did last time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

bob 210

Who is to attend? So far, Liberty Minded has made the commitment. We have 2 pre-reg's. You don't want to miss this one folks! It is right before the All Hands On Deck weekend of April 17-18. For RH's and SB's, this is a great refresher! If you are to attend, post here. We will be camping a the range, the fellowship will be great!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SavageShootr

This is the link to the Information Page, which has the link to register.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11655.0
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

V

Bob, Savage, correct me if I get any of this wrong...

So RHs and SB's attending for "refresher" don't count as attendees and therefore don't pay. They are just "auditing the class" for free BUT ONLY if they have previously attended and graduated an IBC. So if you got RH/SB by the "trail method" and now attend an IBC you need to register and pay.

Do women, under 21 and active Mil/Guard/Reserve attend IBCs free?

I will be happy to attend and camp out and get to meet DragonWood and all the other fine folk who have stepped up to become some of the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet.

Cheers
Phil

jacques

I belive Jessica will be attending. I will remind her she needs to get on the forum and commit to this. More to come later.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

LayloPro

Hey group,

I'll be there the weekend to help hold SS's coat, and help out where needed....Start at 7:30 Sat, or should I leave earlier??

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

sespe

I'm still working on getting the weekend off, then I can sign up...
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

SavageShootr

Quote from: LayloPro on February 11, 2010, 11:03:02 PM
Hey group,

I'll be there the weekend to help hold SS's coat, and help out where needed....Start at 7:30 Sat, or should I leave earlier??

LLP

We should be mostly set up by then anyway so we can start drinking from the firehose by 8:30, earlier if all are in attendance and ready.

Looking forward to seeing everyone too.

Jacques, I hope Jessica can make it.

Sespe I hope you can be there as well. I know how trying to get off work can be.
SS

TrebleShooter

This Boulder City IIT will be there, just waiting for my IIT1 status to sign up.   :D
Are IBCs for 2010 free to women?
I'll be there either way, but it helps!
I'm excited  ^:)^

Freeman

Count me in! I'll register on Thursday.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

SavageShootr

Quote from: TrebleShooter on February 14, 2010, 08:26:29 PM
This Boulder City IIT will be there, just waiting for my IIT1 status to sign up.   :D

yes IBC's are free for women. Looks like you are now at IIT1 status.

See you there.
SS

sespe

Yeah!  Traded shifts and paid my money.  I'm coming.  Don't know if I'll be in the little camper or the big tent, but I'll be there.
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

SavageShootr

Sespe,

It will be good to see you.

SS

Freeman

Freeman
n.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

SavageShootr

Hi Freeman,

Excellent!! Will you be camping with us? There is lots of room. We will likely be arriving on Friday.

FYI for those out of area attendees:

There are stores off the I-5 for supplies before you go off onto Hwy 126.

Offramp is Lyons Ave. Go left and there is a Walmart, and a Ralphs. Lots of other stores too if you need something specific.

After those there are 2 liquor type convienence stores in Piru. Ice is available there.

See you all there.

Freeman

I will be camping; that'll be half the fun. I will be arriving late Friday, probably around 9:00. What are the camping facilities/parameters? Are we allowed to have a fire? Are there restrooms close by or should I bring a PETT?
Freeman
n.

SavageShootr

We camp on the lower range, which is a relatively nice flat area. There is a porta john on the upper range, it is an easy walk up to it.

We can have a contained fire.  O0

sespe

Don't worry about the fire, I hear the Fire Department guys out there are really cool... ::)

jacques

If anyone has wood around they can bring, it would be a good idea. There isn't any there right now to make a fire.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Camljr

And whatever wood might have been there, would be soaked after this weekend.... :(
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

LayloPro

I may have some 4x4's laying around that I can "sacrifice"....I'll check it out in a bit....won't be a lot tho'.... :(
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Thanks Sespe Good to know!! haha

Thanks Jacques, I did not know the range was without wood. I will not have room for wood in my car. Anyone going out that can take some, it would be appreciated. 

Any you have will be helpful LLP. Thanks!!

SS

Freeman

I'll plan on bringing some wood as well.
Freeman
n.

Jessica

I'm going I registered already but do you have to be an IIT1 to go?? Oops well I guess maybe I can't go?

TrebleShooter

Quote from: Jessica on February 21, 2010, 02:35:55 AM

I'm going I registered already but do you have to be an IIT1 to go?? Oops well I guess maybe I can't go?

I was just a late bloomer on picking up the IIT status for the forum.  So I skipped it, kinda, and went straight to IIT1 after my first PC went through. I  couldn't access the sign up page at the time. As long as you have access to the IBC registration and you're registered, you're all good. I'll see you there then? ::)

SavageShootr

Jessica.

Great name!!  O0

No, you do not need to be IIT1 to come. See you there.

SS

SavageShootr

Freeman.

Thanks for volunteering to bring some wood.  O0

SS