News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA IBC March 13-14, 2010

Started by bob 210, February 01, 2010, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LayloPro

And after all the "work" is done, the Instructors get to gather to bid farewell, and hope to work with each other at some point on the Trail.....

some of us have a bit of "fun" with each other, by bringing out "young rifles" to use as a teaching moment.....

I just call it therapy after a long, hard weekend....... ::)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

HollywoodMarine

Who brought the hand cannon man I should have stayed around longer  :(
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

V

Quote from: HollywoodMarine on March 18, 2010, 01:32:30 PM
Who brought the hand cannon man I should have stayed around longer  :(
You need to ask?  :D

I think that all your rifles shrinking is one of the later symptoms of advanced Layloitis  @) &) **) ^:)^ ..:.. :--- :~ :bow: >:D ::) ;D

LayloPro

;D :o **) ..:.. ^:)^ **) ;D **) ^:)^ ;D ^:)^ **)  :cool2: ;D **) ^:)^ **) ^:)^ **)         :)) :))

You funny guy......

Yeah, the result of a quarter century playing with "small guns" provides a bit of "selection" of short range iron.......

You know what happens with plastic guns..... >:( !@#) (no emoticon for Ka-Boom)

I'm gonna have to talk to Bill3 about enlarging our selection of emoticons.......there don't seem to be enough lately.....

or somebody else is using them all up....... :-\ ^-^ ;D

LLP

Oh, yeah....... (O*O)
You know who it's for! **) ^:)^ **) ^:)^ **)
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Xeyed

Week finally slowed down so I could pull the pictures from the camera. Need to drop my Megapixels down.

Thanks to all the CA Redhats and crew for assisting. This was an amazing weekend. Fire hose of knowledge time again. Met and made some new friends too.

It was a pleasure to meet up and spend the weekend with folks who have helped me as I persisted along the Rifleman's trail. Desert Dog, Bob 210, Laylopro. And the many other folks who made the trip to Boulder City to assist in past shoots  Kool Aid, Socalserf and others. Thank you.

Already signed up for the Boulder City April 17th My first shoot as an Orange hat. Looking forward to putting my weekends training to good use.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Jessica

Quote from: Rocket Man on March 17, 2010, 04:25:42 AM
Quote from: Xeyed on March 17, 2010, 04:18:41 AM
If you look in the mirror you will notice that you are wearing an orange hat. That means that you have demonstrated a proficiency with a rifle that puts you among the best of America's shooters. Remember  the statistics on the Red coat targets.

Secondly when you stand in front of a group of shooters, you have earned the right to be there. You know more than them. Just getting up in front of people demonstrates confidence and courage that many people don't have.

Absolutely right.  On top of that, you'll have all of the other instructors to back you up if you should ever need it.  We take care of our own!

Speaking in front of people comfortably takes one of two things:  Either (a) you're a born showoff and jerk, or (b) you've had lots and lots and lots of practice.  You're not a jerk, and hardly anyone has the opportunity to get that kind of practice.  (Some of us, like me, happen to be both.  I have a totally unfair advantage in this area...  ++) )

You'll be great.  Even by Sunday you were getting it.  Don't worry about a thing.

yea thanks for bearing with me up there I would have gotten tired of holding those posters up if I were you.
Jessica,

Be kind to your self.

If you look in the mirror you will notice that you are wearing an orange hat. That means that you have demonstrated a proficiency with a rifle that puts you among the best of America's shooters. Remember  the statistics on the Red coat targets.

Secondly when you stand in front of a group of shooters, you have earned the right to be there. You know more than them. Just getting up in front of people demonstrates confidence and courage that many people don't have.

Keep smiling and keep practicing and your speech it will get easier.

and I agree practice makes perfect!  Thanks :)

DesertDog

Jessica,

Be kind to your self.

If you look in the mirror you will notice that you are wearing an orange hat. That means that you have demonstrated a proficiency with a rifle that puts you among the best of America's shooters. Remember  the statistics on the Red coat targets.

Keep smiling and keep practicing and your speech it will get easier.

Exactly O0 

Jessica, We could all tell you were nervous, but you PERSISTED!!  Just like you did on your road to Rifleman, you are going to be a great instructor
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Freeman

I hope you no one minds if I re-post some of these pictures to Facebook. I figure it might get people asking about my new friends and hobby.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.