News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA IBC March 13-14, 2010

Started by bob 210, February 01, 2010, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Man

Quote from: Freeman on March 15, 2010, 02:53:22 AM
So when's the next IBC? That was too much fun.

Yea verily.  Good to see everyone for the first time / again, hope all made it home safe and happy.

I'm conflicted.  We should get a proper AAR started in its own thread, but then again, maybe this one will make it up to six or seven pages?  Eight?  Ten??   ..:..
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

HollywoodMarine

Just wait and see when they start posting pic's it will get up to 12
A wise man can learn from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from a wise man.

Embrace the suck!

Double D

No evidence please! :) j/k

LLP's "young rifle" was definitely a fun to play with.  Great folks and Great time.  Drinking from the fire hose, just like old times.  Was it only a year ago?

Freeman, if you're free and willing to travel, Sac is having a shoot this weekend.  They have 15 pre-reg as of today so it will be manageable between all the instructors with a lot of 1 on 1 time with shooters.  Great time to reinforce what you just learned.
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

Freeman

Quote from: Double D on March 15, 2010, 02:34:07 PMFreeman, if you're free and willing to travel, Sac is having a shoot this weekend.  They have 15 pre-reg as of today so it will be manageable between all the instructors with a lot of 1 on 1 time with shooters.  Great time to reinforce what you just learned.

It's unlikely that I will be able to this weekend, but I will see what I can arrange. I hear the Sac shoots are fun.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Freeman

So where is the AAR? I want to see pictures!
Freeman
n.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

sespe

Quote from: asminuteman on March 15, 2010, 09:33:11 PM

Piru was beautiful......all the weeds were green >:D sunny and warm all weekend....
ken

I beg to differ, sir. While we did not have icicles forming in the actions of our rifles, it was most decidedly not 'warm all weekend'.  Maybe it was my thin southern-cali blood, but it was coooollld at night.  (And I was sleeping in a hard-sided motorhome!)

I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

DesertDog

Quote from: sespe on March 16, 2010, 01:24:17 AM

Piru was beautiful......all the weeds were green >:D sunny and warm all weekend....
ken

I beg to differ, sir. While we did not have icicles forming in the actions of our rifles, it was most decidedly not 'warm all weekend'.  Maybe it was my thin southern-cali blood, but it was coooollld at night.  (And I was sleeping in a hard-sided motorhome!)

I can confirm that. As usual, the sleeping bag I brought was not heavy enough.  Fortunately, I had my poncho liner that helped. The many pallets that ASminuteman dropped off were a HUGE help O0
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

TrebleShooter

Quote from: DesertDog on March 16, 2010, 02:19:20 AM

ken

I can confirm that. As usual, the sleeping bag I brought was not heavy enough.  Fortunately, I had my poncho liner that helped. The many pallets that ASminuteman dropped off were a HUGE help O0
I don't think I got much good sleep until 5 am when I remembered I had a fleece liner in my tote.  And it was still too cold. 
Didn't notice the lack of sleep though, a good cup of coffee and some more learnin sure kept me goin.
:D

Xeyed

According to the weather channel it dropped to 44 degree's Saturday night.

When I envisioned a shoot in California, I guess that I was thinking more of the Beach Boy's Endless Summer version.

Cold nights and dodging cow pie's reminded me more of my youth in Wisconsin.

Weather always seems to be a part of the Appleseed story.

I've got a picture hanging next to my "Bloody Butchery" broad sheet of an Appleseeder shooting in the winter, where he(?) had to stomp down a shooting lane in the snow to shoot at a Redcoat target from prone. I hung it there to remind me that a Rifleman persists.

Once the sun came up,the cold night was quickly forgotten.

The Rifleman's Cadence began it was all good.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

jacques

Quote from: Freeman on March 16, 2010, 12:21:38 AM
So where is the AAR? I want to see pictures!

Gotta give them some time to catch up on their sleep and adjust to the time change. I have some pics.

It is good to see you all made it back to Nevada safely. That is a long, boring drive through the middle of no where to get there. I only have to drive 1.5 hours to get home, and I am beat when I get there. You all had a good 5-hours to get home.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

LayloPro

Pixs?? Y'all want pixs!!??!! I got some pixs, but I also have to get some stuff done before I post 'em, all right?......

Any requests?? Anybody in particular you want to see? ^-^

Any quadrants of flinch, or just folks having a great time? :o

What a great group of folks to surround yourself with over a weekend.......

Give me a few hrs, I'll get something up here....... :))

LLP

Oh, WTH...guess I'll throw on a few here to let ya see the "Beauty of Piru"........
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

TrebleShooter

Quote from: Xeyed on March 16, 2010, 03:20:52 AM
According to the weather channel it dropped to 44 degree's Saturday night.

When I envisioned a shoot in California, I guess that I was thinking more of the Beach Boy's Endless Summer version.

Cold nights and dodging cow pie's reminded me more of my youth in Wisconsin.

Me too!
Except my youth was in MT.  Once I smelled the pies a wave of nostalgia overcame me.  It was awesome.

I'l get pics posted when I get home from work tonight.

Freeman

I'm sure DW will appreciate that you put "The Beauty of Piru" directly over her picture.
Freeman
n.

LayloPro

Hmmm, hadn't even noticed it worked out that way, but....OK! :))

Hmmm, maybe more pix quickly......

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

Romeo's Hero

Quote from: Double D on March 12, 2010, 01:58:42 AM
Jebus, this is going to be an interesting weekend.   :sos:  RH and I are already signed up.  O0 Good to see some old faces we haven't seen in a while and some new ones. ^:)^  We may be coming in late Fri, so keep the fire burning and the stories going :)  

And we're printing out directions from appleseed this time.   >:D  no more getting lost

And yet somehow we still couldn't make it on time. Someone needs to give me a good way to wake DD up at 4AM  &) so we can get places on time.  ~~:)

Quote from: SavageShootr on March 12, 2010, 02:33:58 AM
We are going to put RH to work. She outta know the way by now. It will be good to see you both.

Work - you all knew ahead of time  >:D - know I know why DD kept making sure I had my binders with me...  :wall:

What a great weekend... and an amazing turnout. It was really nice being able to put some faces to names and meet some of the newest instructors. i really enjoyed being able to help out and I definitely learned a lot myself. SS and DW thanks for all your help and it was great working with the both of you.

Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

TrebleShooter

More Pics  ;D

Jessica

Had so much fun! Besides being a total flop part of the time  ++)
But I still learned a lot and had fun.  I appreciate the support from everybody.  When I didn't understand something someone was always there to take the time to teach me and explain things.  It helped so much! Thanks!

Quote from: TrebleShooter on March 16, 2010, 02:37:55 AM
Quote from: DesertDog on March 16, 2010, 02:19:20 AM

ken

I don't think I got much good sleep until 5 am when I remembered I had a fleece liner in my tote.  And it was still too cold. 
Didn't notice the lack of sleep though, a good cup of coffee and some more learnin sure kept me goin.
:D

But Piru was most definitely freezing at night.  During the day wasn't so bad though.

Xeyed

Jessica,

Be kind to your self.

If you look in the mirror you will notice that you are wearing an orange hat. That means that you have demonstrated a proficiency with a rifle that puts you among the best of America's shooters. Remember  the statistics on the Red coat targets.

Secondly when you stand in front of a group of shooters, you have earned the right to be there. You know more than them. Just getting up in front of people demonstrates confidence and courage that many people don't have.

Keep smiling and keep practicing and your speech it will get easier.

Rocket Man

Quote from: Xeyed on March 17, 2010, 04:18:41 AM
If you look in the mirror you will notice that you are wearing an orange hat. That means that you have demonstrated a proficiency with a rifle that puts you among the best of America's shooters. Remember  the statistics on the Red coat targets.

Secondly when you stand in front of a group of shooters, you have earned the right to be there. You know more than them. Just getting up in front of people demonstrates confidence and courage that many people don't have.

Absolutely right.  On top of that, you'll have all of the other instructors to back you up if you should ever need it.  We take care of our own!

Speaking in front of people comfortably takes one of two things:  Either (a) you're a born showoff and jerk, or (b) you've had lots and lots and lots of practice.  You're not a jerk, and hardly anyone has the opportunity to get that kind of practice.  (Some of us, like me, happen to be both.  I have a totally unfair advantage in this area...  ++) )

You'll be great.  Even by Sunday you were getting it.  Don't worry about a thing.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

jacques

I can tell you are not a jerk.

I am not ever comfortable speaking in front of people. I have been doing it for most of my 25 years as an engineer also. I have been to multiple classes on how to speak in front of people. It is a matter of knowing your material, that is all. There are probably few people that actually feel comfortable. It is kinda like getting into that prone position. Are you comfortable? heck no. Do you look comfortable? If you got it right you may just look comfortable.

Quote from: Rocket Man on March 17, 2010, 04:25:42 AM
Quote from: Xeyed on March 17, 2010, 04:18:41 AM

Absolutely right.  On top of that, you'll have all of the other instructors to back you up if you should ever need it.  We take care of our own!

Speaking in front of people comfortably takes one of two things:  Either (a) you're a born showoff and jerk, or (b) you've had lots and lots and lots of practice.  You're not a jerk, and hardly anyone has the opportunity to get that kind of practice.  (Some of us, like me, happen to be both.  I have a totally unfair advantage in this area...  ++) )

You'll be great.  Even by Sunday you were getting it.  Don't worry about a thing.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

jacques

Here are some pics
Two Words-Meriams Corner

sespe

People need to get new cameras.  For some reason I look short in those pictures...
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

V

What's all that green stuff? You need to get new cameras, the color balance is shot....

jacques

More
Two Words-Meriams Corner

jacques

and the last
Two Words-Meriams Corner

jacques

one day I will learn to post pics that are not gigantic
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Xeyed

Lower the resolution on your camera.

That will shrink the photo's size

Since most folks print 4 x 6 all they need is

2 MP = 1600 x 1200 pixels
High Quality: 4 x 6 inches, 5 x 7 inches
Acceptable Quality: 8 x 10 inches

The higher Mega pixel cameras are for large format pictures.

Experiment as ymmv.

LayloPro

Here's some 6" x 4-ish" pix at 175 pix per inch.....
Enjoy....
LLP