News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA IBC March 13-14, 2010

Started by bob 210, February 01, 2010, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Who wants to do some shooting Fri Afternoon?

I'm going to get there around 2:30, set up some backers and go.  Xeyed wants to shoot some AQT's to get his 210 and I got a new "toy" to run O0  If you have the time, come on out.  Maybe some friendly instructor competion. ;)

Also, what is the plan for meals?  Last time I was there we did our own lunch and there was a "community" dinner.  Is that the plan or is it bring your own?

I look forward to seeing a bunch of my friends I haven't seen in a while and new friends I will meet for the first time.

DD 
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

DesertDog

Quote from: Rocket Man on March 10, 2010, 10:12:00 PM
Little lost IIT here...

Well, my trip to Florida got scrubbed, so looks like I can make it after all.  Signing up with dispatch.

I'm feeling a bit underprepared.  Besides fresh instructor manual, good attitude, and survival gear for the hostile lands of Piru, what am I forgetting to bring?

A fresh notebook and pens. Other than that, you're set.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

LayloPro

what am I forgetting to bring?

Check with Sespe, but I think donuts are acceptable "food"...... ^-^

Good to see ya there, we have some training to do for Corona & other points of interest..... O0

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Quote from: DesertDog on March 10, 2010, 11:05:24 PM

Also, what is the plan for meals?  Last time I was there we did our own lunch and there was a "community" dinner.  Is that the plan or is it bring your own?

Since we did not figure out a menu and who should bring what, we should all plan on doing our own meals, for the most part anyway. We will all be eating at the same time. There is always the opportunity to share. Seems we do that anyway.

I will have a campstove... Is someone bringing a grill?

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

sespe

Quote from: LayloPro on March 10, 2010, 11:20:52 PM

Check with Sespe, but I think donuts are acceptable "food"...... ^-^

Hey, I'm a Fireman, not a Cop!  We go for ice cream, not donuts.

I'll have a stove.  The wife and kids might join us for the evening around the campfire.  Not sure about Friday shooting yet.
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

bob 210

Who needs event fliers and for what event/date?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

jacques

Quote from: bob 210 on March 11, 2010, 12:20:26 PM
Who needs event fliers and for what event/date?

Don't need any for SB. I have 300 I printed. Gave 1/2 of them to the Marpats.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

asminuteman

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

LayloPro

Hey, I'm a Fireman, not a Cop!  We go for ice cream, not donuts.

**) ;D **)

State employees = pink boxes......

don't ask how I know...... :-\

LLP

Sounds like ASM is bringing lots of FW for y'all....I'll leave mine @ home instead..... O0

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

asminuteman, If you have excess water and diet pepsi/mt.dew or what have you. We wouldn't turn it down.

I am bringing some extra eggs and salad (BYO dressing)

I haven't decided what else we are bringing. No ice cream or donuts though...

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

LayloPro

No ice cream or donuts though...

Dang...... :-\ :'( :-\

SavageShootr

I'll not be responsible for you falling off your diet.   **) **) **)

asminuteman

LayloPro

Diet?? What diet?? Have you been talking to my wife, SS??!! &)
That's -her- diet!!

Hmmmm...... :wall:

..:.. ;D ^-^ **) ^:)^ :)) %)

V

So in all this organizing that's going on, nearly as long as the LTR thread, must be some complicated IBC this one, has anyone replied to this request?

I think I've only had a PM from DesertDog...

Quote from: bob 210 on March 01, 2010, 02:34:28 PM
OK folks, this IBC, besides being a great refresher for Shoot Boss's and Red Hats alike, is the perfect place to pick up supplies for the upcoming shoots, especially the April 19th weekend. So go through your supplies and make a list of the items you need. Get that list to either V or myself in a timely manner and we will do our best to make sure the supplies are at the IBC for you to pick up. See you in Piru! 

&)

See, now I'm catching Layloitis  :D

I have T-shirts, handouts for packets, chamber flags, trifolds (25,000). Hopefully Bob has RW Flags, hats.

SavageShootr

V

Yeah but I got top of page 4 !

10% of the way there.  O0

So you admit you went to the LTR thread  ~~:) Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition  %)

LayloPro

Layloitis??

Dude....you -know- I use lots of facial expressions & body "english" (small cap, yes!) to get my point across in "real time"....emoticons are all we have to try to duplicate that here in "text".....

Hey, more importantly than 40 posts, we've had over 1100 reads/views so far!!

That's pretty awesome, too!! O0
Some AAR's don't even get 100 views, so how crazy cool is this IBC gonna be?? Can you imagine the AAR on it?? ++) :))

We've got DW & SS as the main "batters", DD will be there, I'm holding down the coat rack, and we have folks from a couple different states showing up for a -CALI IBC-.....and JB is missing it!! ++) :))

Dang, we should put together a care package for him....cheese, potato salad, and....what else is he allergic to out here? ::)
Oh, an antidote dosage of Bear Pit ribs! O0 ^-^ O0

Sorry all, this is, in honor of JB, a harmless post in an  effort to bump post counts.... **) ^:)^ **)

LLP

asminuteman

LayloPro

Oh, yeah...I am so trying out my new clip fed semi auto this weekend!!!

And I know just where to start.......

Of course, I -can- be bribed.....but I have my own Dr. Pepper, and tea, so, without donuts, you are toast, my friend!! And you'll have to arm wrestle Rocket man on that, so you may have to see how fast you run, powered by Poopsi.....Pepsi, how silly of me.... **) &) O0

BTW, in an appeal to return to the regular programming of this original point here, does everyone have their "BBB" sheets for 4/19 handouts?
I have about 3 inches worth in my office that really need a home, and I personally do not envision more then 50-60 shooters descending on Corona that weekend....I can share.....I will bring them along with, unless everyone else has their quota already......
Let me know.....

LLP

bob 210

LLP, hold onto your BBB's and use them at other events. Fred has ok'd us passing them out at any Appleseed. Plus, V has boxes and boxes of BBB's and Iwant him to bring them to pass out to any SB's attending the IBC. I will also bring red sweatshirts, Instructor t-shirts, Orange Hats, RW flags, RWVA hats, chamber flags, event fliers, etc. If anybody else needs anything else in particular, let me know.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

V

Ooops, I've been reading and handing out BBB's at any AS for ages... and yes I have boxes of 'em.

All those people looking for guidance on how to present the strikes... the bare bones facts and flow of the story is on the BBB's and doesn't take long to read or relay to someone. So if you know the story to that detail thats all that's needed as the framework on which you hang the particular personal stories needed to illustrate your points, Choice, Performance and One Person Does Make a Difference. Each time you tell the story you can use different people and vingettes to hang on the framework each time you tell it so it never gets stale for you - and therefore your listeners. The point of developing your historical knowledge in depth is so that you can do this pick and choosing to tailor your presentation to each crowd each time you do it. You don't try and cram everything you know into the story every time.

Ooops, thread hijack. Got carried away there. Reading a BBB will do that to ya. You do have one framed in your house don't you?

Cheers
Phil

asminuteman

V

Quote from: asminuteman on March 11, 2010, 08:30:48 PM
Hey V,

<---poor boy here

BBB?  I most likely know...just an odd acronym to me
Bloody British Butchery, the headline on the reproductions of the Coffin Broadsheets which we read from and hand out to those who promise to "put under glass or display" in their homes so that "the Forty Deceased Worthies" are never forgotten...

It gives people the "Cliff Notes" of The Story which we ask them to carry forth in their Seventh Stepping... I always use it in my benedictions - unless I forget :(

Oh and by the way, kudos for asking, everyone else just PM'd me  O0

LayloPro

Heh!

Not your average "Triple Hay" (AAA), or "AA", or just "A"....but "BBB".....

Kinda like a really not so great bond rating..... :-[ :P :-\

Bob, Roger that! I will begin handing these out @ AS's far & wide....I thought Fred was keeping our printing costs down, but this one does make a lot of sense to keep handing out.....

For all those folks who think we're still fighting with smooth bore muskets...... ~~:) &)

This is gonna be a fun IBC, I can just feel it!!

I'm excited, and I'm just holding the coat rack....are you guys excited??

If you aren't now, you will be about 0800 Sat am!! O0 ^:)^ O0  ^:)^ O0 ..:..

See ya there!!
LLP

Layloitis, my arse!!

asminuteman

Rocket Man

Quote from: V on March 11, 2010, 09:18:18 PM
Quote from: asminuteman on March 11, 2010, 08:30:48 PM
BBB?  I most likely know...just an odd acronym to me
Bloody British Butchery, the headline on the reproductions of the Coffin Broadsheets which we read from and hand out to those who promise to "put under glass or display" in their homes so that "the Forty Deceased Worthies" are never forgotten...

FWIW, the AS Instructor Manual says "BBB" == "Bail, Baby, Bail!"

Maybe the MIs should PM after RTFM so we can all SOMSOM, but I'll go along with whatever the SB or SC has to say on the subject.   O0

... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

V

Quote from: LayloPro on March 11, 2010, 09:50:45 PM
Layloitis, my arse!!

Oh I am so glad that the BBCode ( !! ) doesn't expand to what you said it was... unwanted mental picture... I'm scarred, scarred for life I tell you...

Oh now look whats happend, quoting it has turned it into ASCII Art  :)

Family program, Family program, back to normal programming...

(before you ask, I know I'm showing my age, BBCode is Bulletin Board Code and ASCII is the American Standard Code for Information Interchange... kids today if they ain't got photoshop they're lost)

V

Quote from: Rocket Man on March 11, 2010, 10:18:45 PM
FWIW, the AS Instructor Manual says "BBB" == "Bail, Baby, Bail!"
Pah, written by shooting fanatics about how to shoot... those who know no history are doomed to make stuff up.  @)

Cmon, page 5, page 5...