News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA IBC March 13-14, 2010

Started by bob 210, February 01, 2010, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeman

Quote from: SavageShootr on February 21, 2010, 03:53:02 AM
Jessica.

Great name!!  O0

No, you do not need to be IIT1 to come. See you there.

SS

ITTzeros unite!
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

LayloPro

Oh, my.....we are gonna have some -funnnnn- with these folks......Free, Jessica, TS.....the very -best- way to get started as a new IIT is a weekend long dunk in the deep end of the AS pool, sampling the "water cannon of Info" I know SS will have for you..... ;) @)

Look at the bright side....at least Fred won't be out, wandering the line, rubbing his chin, staring at ya....... O0 ^:)^ **) It'll just be some nice, calm folks, working to make it all make sense.....quickly......not to say Fred the Helpful is -NOT- calm, and nice.....but he does make some folks a bit nervous for some reason......I'm still tryna figure that one out.....he's always been really nice with all us Cali folks......personally, I think he likes us..... O0

Bring notebooks, & lots of sharp pencils......

Donuts are not a bad idea either...... ^-^

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

sespe

I'll bring some.  I think there will be little worry about fire carrying beyond our pits.
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

V

Quote from: Jessica on February 21, 2010, 02:35:55 AM
Quote from: TrebleShooter on February 14, 2010, 08:26:29 PM
This Boulder City IIT will be there, just waiting for my IIT1 status to sign up.   :D
Are IBCs for 2010 free to women?
I'll be there either way, but it helps!
I'm excited  ^:)^

I'm going I registered already but do you have to be an IIT1 to go?? Oops well I guess maybe I can't go?

There is no requirement to attend an IBC other than an intent and ability to be an instructor. You don't even have to have shot Rifleman because remember the score can be waived by an MI to become an IIT, you just can't make instructor without the score. You have shot Rifleman and become an IIT so an IBC is the ideal way to start your instructor career! After the IBC at your next AS event you will be assigned an IIT rating based on the IBC SB and the AS SB determination of your abilities. Typically you will graduate as an IIT2 or IIT3. Then you do a few more shoots on the trail, doing the necessary PC's and showing the abilitiy to take your Instructor PC.

Cheers
V

Xeyed

Just signed up and will be joining you for the Camp out.

I've got a bundle of wood that we didn't burn this winter, I'll donate to the campfire pile.

Looking forward to soaking up a little Socal sunshine and a lot of rifle craft/history.

And since most of the folks who are running the camp have taught at Boulder City NV, Appleseeds it will be nice to see some familiar faces.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

LayloPro

Xeyed,
looking forward to it....your sense of humor is one of those rare gifts we always look for........

And the BC bunch have lots of stuff to get done, it's time to make that AO -yours-!! O0 @&) :~

We will help y'all in any way we can....

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Quote from: V on February 23, 2010, 02:07:19 AM
This Boulder City IIT will be there, just waiting for my IIT1 status to sign up.   :D

I'm going I registered already but do you have to be an IIT1 to go?? Oops well I guess maybe I can't go?

There is no requirement to attend an IBC other than an intent and ability to be an instructor. You don't even have to have shot Rifleman because remember the score can be waived by an MI to become an IIT, you just can't make instructor without the score. You have shot Rifleman and become an IIT so an IBC is the ideal way to start your instructor career! After the IBC at your next AS event you will be assigned an IIT rating based on the IBC SB and the AS SB determination of your abilities. Typically you will graduate as an IIT2 or IIT3. Then you do a few more shoots on the trail, doing the necessary PC's and showing the abilitiy to take your Instructor PC.

Cheers
V

Actually, I think the requirement is that you need to have attended an Appleseed or two.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Xeyed

Shooting is a family affair in Trebleshooters family. Dad, mom brothers and sisters all come to the events. I've shot next to them at several events. Can't say for for sure if all have, but most of them have shot Rifleman score.

I can vouch that she has met this requirement.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Jessica

Quote from: SavageShootr on February 27, 2010, 03:15:13 AM

Cheers
V

Actually, I think the requirement is that you need to have attended an Appleseed or two.

Thanks to you all for the clarification was a little confused at first   ++)   I definitely have the intent and ability to be an instructor so count me in!   I am eager to learn everything I can to help others soak up as much as they can from Appleseed.  I also feel this is ideal to helping start off on the right foot! Very excited!

-Jessica

DesertDog

I just signed up to work the shoot.  I haven't decided if I'll bring my camp trailer or not, kinda leaning towards it.  I can bring firewood, but it looks like it's covered.

This a great opportunity for the new IIT's.  You'll learn EXACTLY how to present the instruction and not develop the bad habits that some of us did &)  Guilty!! ++)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

LayloPro

Desert Dog!
Hey buddy, we get to work another one! O0
Worst case scenario, I have a room on the 5 you are more than welcome to bunk at....I'll be in early Sat am.....
TTYS
LLP

bob 210

OK folks, this IBC, besides being a great refresher for Shoot Boss's and Red Hats alike, is the perfect place to pick up supplies for the upcoming shoots, especially the April 19th weekend. So go through your supplies and make a list of the items you need. Get that list to either V or myself in a timely manner and we will do our best to make sure the supplies are at the IBC for you to pick up. See you in Piru! 
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

jacques

I guess I am going.  :) I will scrounge up some pallets to burn.

This is going to be a big IBC, I think my 3rd. There is always something to learn. It is also good practice to make yourself an even better instructor.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

LayloPro

Hey Ken,

How 'bout a couple cases of Coke?
It might get warm, & we'll need something soda-poppish to drink........ >:D ^-^

LLP

kool aid

Quote from: asminuteman on March 01, 2010, 10:01:02 PM
I plan to you see ALL,both days after work!
I can do set up on friday if needed.....and will bring pallets (evil soda laced wood) for jacques fire, water and ????
make your requests, I'm 20 mins from the range.
ken

Kool Aid: Texas that week.

Soooooo Sad.
Have fun!
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

LayloPro

Like the T shirt I got Brutha Kool...

"Come to the Dark Side.....we have cookies....."

**) ^:)^ **) ^:)^ :))

Pepsi gives me gas......

LLP

Freeman

Freeman
n.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

LayloPro

Now see, Freeman knows!! He's -been- on my line......

Actually, I drink green tea, or Dr Pepper.....or water.....sometimes....

sometimes OJ.....

But not Pepsi...... :wb:

Freeman

As long as you stay far enough away from the fire...
Freeman
n.

kool aid

Quote from: Jessica on February 27, 2010, 07:59:06 AM
Quote from: SavageShootr on February 27, 2010, 03:15:13 AM

Cheers
V

Thanks to you all for the clarification was a little confused at first   ++)   I definitely have the intent and ability to be an instructor so count me in!   I am eager to learn everything I can to help others soak up as much as they can from Appleseed.  I also feel this is ideal to helping start off on the right foot! Very excited!

-Jessica

Umm guys....

Remember, this is Jess you're talking about.

Words that come to mind:
Hardcore:
Been to more shoots than some red hats (well- at least it SEEMS that way).

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

BWAJhaaaa haaaaaaa <heavy reverb>

Hey- there's a screen name for someone!
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

LayloPro

heavy reverb

A screen name of "Heavy reverb"??

KA, are you watching old surf flicks again?

Dude......Breezy will work just fine for her......

Jessica, you see now why we told you about the KA here? He's just "like that"......

now stop scratching your head...... ^:)^ **) ^:)^

SavageShootr

Hi All,

I thought I should make sure everyone knows where to find the items that you should bring with you.

Here is the:
Final Instructor Manual: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=25.0

Here is the:
Appendix: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4106.0
not mandatory, but good to have.

Here is the:
Piru IBC EIP w/directions: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11655.0

I hope everyone has read Paul Revere's Ride, by David Hackett Fisher, and are somewhat familiar with the events of April 19, 1775.

I anyone has trouble opening the above links, let me know and we will attempt to get you access. Any questions you have, please send me a PM.

Thanks. See you all at Piru!

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

kool aid

We are in california......
Quote from: LayloPro on March 03, 2010, 04:01:18 AM
heavy reverb

A screen name of "Heavy reverb"??

KA, are you watching old surf flicks again?

Dude......Breezy will work just fine for her......

Jessica, you see now why we told you about the KA here? He's just "like that"......

now stop scratching your head...... ^:)^ **) ^:)^

DICK DALE <guitar goes vwoooooooooooooom>
is

g%d

Oh no youdidn't.......

Jessica RABBIT!

Now the guitar goes <dididdididididididiwhavooooooooom>

echomike23

Hi everyone just registered for this.  is anyone going there on friday that i can hitch a ride with?  i live in the west sfv. i can help with gas or twinkies.....or gas flavored twinkies 8)

V

Hey Welcome Mike,

I notice on your other post that you are attending your "first appleseed". You do realise that this March 13/14 event is an "Instructor Boot Camp" and not an "Appleseed Event". At an IBC we are teaching people who have shot Rifleman score at an Appleseed Event and who want to be instructors how to instruct and the program of instruction, etc. There is no shooting at an IBC.

The next Appleseed Event at Piru is on March 20-21, here you do two days of shooting instruction and history and heritage immersion.

Just making sure there is no misunderstanding or confounding of expectations  :)

Cheers
Phil
Quote from: echomike23 on March 05, 2010, 09:09:37 AM
Hi everyone just registered for this.  is anyone going there on friday that i can hitch a ride with?  i live in the west sfv. i can help with gas or twinkies.....or gas flavored twinkies 8)

Grandson of Liberty

Looks like I'm gonna make it up there Saturday to brush up/help out as needed. Probably can't make it there until mid-morning, though, so if I'm not there by 10, you all start without me.  ;D  **)  ;D
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

SavageShootr

Sure, we will wait for you G.   ::)

Rocket Man

Little lost IIT here...

Well, my trip to Florida got scrubbed, so looks like I can make it after all.  Signing up with dispatch.

I'm feeling a bit underprepared.  Besides fresh instructor manual, good attitude, and survival gear for the hostile lands of Piru, what am I forgetting to bring?

... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)