News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA IBC March 13-14, 2010

Started by bob 210, February 01, 2010, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

I'm trying, I'm trying...

Poor DW is probably going to download this on a mobile while flying in one handed thinking its all important stuff...

;)
Phil

SavageShootr

Quote from: V on March 11, 2010, 10:31:25 PM
Poor DW is probably going to download this on a mobile while flying in one handed thinking its all important stuff...
;)
Phil

You mean it's not?
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

LayloPro

before you ask, I know I'm showing my age

You -know- you're old when you can remember trying to make the same noises as your 2400baud modem while connecting to your favorite "Bulletin board" to chat with your mates..... :P $$-0
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Freeman

I am about ready to begin packing up the car. I am bringing water for showers and some fire wood. Does anyone need me to bring anything else?
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

DesertDog

Quote from: V on March 11, 2010, 10:26:34 PM
Quote from: Rocket Man on March 11, 2010, 10:18:45 PM
FWIW, the AS Instructor Manual says "BBB" == "Bail, Baby, Bail!"
Pah, written by shooting fanatics about how to shoot... those who know no history are doomed to make stuff up.  @)

Cmon, page 5, page 5...

Working towards it ;D.  Xeyed will be there to shoot tomorrow, as well as LayLo and I.  Who else is in??
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Cal 7.62

IF I can manage it, I might try to sneak away from the house for a few hours just to hang out with folks who know what their about.  O0 :--- :~
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Double D

Jebus, this is going to be an interesting weekend.   :sos:  RH and I are already signed up.  O0 Good to see some old faces we haven't seen in a while and some new ones. ^:)^  We may be coming in late Fri, so keep the fire burning and the stories going :) 

And we're printing out directions from appleseed this time.   >:D  no more getting lost

Layloitis:
n. latin for ...... %)
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

Double D

"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

SavageShootr

Quote from: Freeman on March 12, 2010, 12:05:10 AM
I am about ready to begin packing up the car. I am bringing water for showers and some fire wood. Does anyone need me to bring anything else?

Freeman.

Bring what you need. We should be good here.

Are you coming early enough to shoot?

See you out there.
SS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

SavageShootr

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on March 12, 2010, 01:43:44 AM
IF I can manage it, I might try to sneak away from the house for a few hours just to hang out with folks who know what their about.  O0 :--- :~

It will be nice to see you.

SavageShootr

Quote from: Double D on March 12, 2010, 01:58:42 AM
Jebus, this is going to be an interesting weekend.   :sos:  RH and I are already signed up.  O0 Good to see some old faces we haven't seen in a while and some new ones. ^:)^  We may be coming in late Fri, so keep the fire burning and the stories going :) 

And we're printing out directions from appleseed this time.   >:D  no more getting lost

Layloitis:
n. latin for ...... %)

We are going to put RH to work. She outta know the way by now. It will be good to see you both.

Double D

ssshhhh...... don't tell RH you're having her work  >:D She thinks she's going to be a student :)  But i'll give her the heads up to bring her notes and lots of coffee

LayloPro

don't tell RH you're having her work

Shoooot, DD, she has a green hat.....from Guy no less....she -should- be involved in herding cats this weekend...... %) ^:)^ :))

DD, I won't be up until Sat am early....sorry, bud...carpooling in with an IIT3 from Texas I hatted back a year ago or so......

Not even time to squeeze off a few at bowling pins....I'm kinda bummed, now.....

I could bring my "young rifle" tho', if somebody wants to see what their "quadrants of flinch" looks like in a picture........possibly posted on the forum, no less...... >:D &) **)
Heh.......fancy wood handles, adjustable sights......1/2" pills.....fire rings & smoke billows..... :---

I think I'll go start packing...... :cool2: ..:..

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Jet Set

If anyone from the San Jose or Reno area is going to be at the IBC, can you pick up a stack of handouts/fliers for 3 days of gun show duty?  I can get the stuff from you in San Jose or Reno, and bring it to the Big Reno Gun Show April 16-18.  Also, some AQTs and Redcoats and 1 inch squares would be useful.

Thanks!

Quote from: V on March 11, 2010, 06:38:59 PM
So in all this organizing that's going on, nearly as long as the LTR thread, must be some complicated IBC this one, has anyone replied to this request?

I think I've only had a PM from DesertDog...

Quote from: bob 210 on March 01, 2010, 02:34:28 PM
OK folks, this IBC, besides being a great refresher for Shoot Boss's and Red Hats alike, is the perfect place to pick up supplies for the upcoming shoots, especially the April 19th weekend. So go through your supplies and make a list of the items you need. Get that list to either V or myself in a timely manner and we will do our best to make sure the supplies are at the IBC for you to pick up. See you in Piru! 

&)

See, now I'm catching Layloitis  :D

I have T-shirts, handouts for packets, chamber flags, trifolds (25,000). Hopefully Bob has RW Flags, hats.

DesertDog

Quote from: Double D on March 12, 2010, 02:52:17 AM
ssshhhh...... don't tell RH you're having her work  >:D She thinks she's going to be a student :)  But i'll give her the heads up to bring her notes and lots of coffee

The good thing about an IBC is that you'll learn as well as teach.  When SS, LLP and RH are talking, I'll be learning O0

LLP, sorry you can't make it Fri.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

V

JS,
For fliers for events, we print them out from the EIPs as required. For SWATs, Tri-folds PM me your mailing address and I'll mail you a box of stuff, unless you can get the same from BaldDragn/Jules in Sac some easier way. They are our Central California depot and we try and keep all the California supplies distributed amongst me and Bob in the South, BaldDragn in Central and EagleScouter in the North as we see each other at various events.

Cheers
Phil
Quote from: Jet Set on March 12, 2010, 09:35:25 AM
If anyone from the San Jose or Reno area is going to be at the IBC, can you pick up a stack of handouts/fliers for 3 days of gun show duty?  I can get the stuff from you in San Jose or Reno, and bring it to the Big Reno Gun Show April 16-18.  Also, some AQTs and Redcoats and 1 inch squares would be useful.

Thanks!

Quote from: V on March 11, 2010, 06:38:59 PM
So in all this organizing that's going on, nearly as long as the LTR thread, must be some complicated IBC this one, has anyone replied to this request?

I think I've only had a PM from DesertDog...

Quote from: bob 210 on March 01, 2010, 02:34:28 PM
OK folks, this IBC, besides being a great refresher for Shoot Boss's and Red Hats alike, is the perfect place to pick up supplies for the upcoming shoots, especially the April 19th weekend. So go through your supplies and make a list of the items you need. Get that list to either V or myself in a timely manner and we will do our best to make sure the supplies are at the IBC for you to pick up. See you in Piru! 

&)

See, now I'm catching Layloitis  :D

I have T-shirts, handouts for packets, chamber flags, trifolds (25,000). Hopefully Bob has RW Flags, hats.

jacques

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on March 12, 2010, 01:43:44 AM

Nice. Ju don't get to close to LLP. You don't want to be bringing any of that home with you.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

LayloPro

Heh! You funny guy, too!! &) :))

Cal has spent more than a few afternoons with me parked on his shoulder, trying to figure out what he was doing (or not doing...) %)

If I'm infectious, it would have spread all over SoCal already....and even parts of Neva & Illi......

Of course, there is this shingles thing going on now........ >:D ++) ;D

Double D

Quote from: V on March 12, 2010, 01:50:35 PM
JS,
For fliers for events, we print them out from the EIPs as required. For SWATs, Tri-folds PM me your mailing address and I'll mail you a box of stuff, unless you can get the same from BaldDragn/Jules in Sac some easier way. They are our Central California depot and we try and keep all the California supplies distributed amongst me and Bob in the South, BaldDragn in Central and EagleScouter in the North as we see each other at various events.

JS, V, I have some AQTs / Redcoats / 1" squares that I can deliver in the San Jose area.  V if you can restock me since i'll be there anyways I'd appreciate it.  I can also drop off what ever you need JS.  RH lives in the Monterey area and every so often I come and visit her.  It's not that far off of a drive.  Let me know.

V

I can certainly stock you up with stuff DD but you and JS should check that you can meet somewhere without either of you having to drive miles out of your way to make it happen. UPS for a box straight to JS's place will be cheaper than combined gas nowadays.

Its easy for me either way.

Cheers
Phil

Quote from: Double D on March 12, 2010, 03:03:23 PM
JS,

JS, V, I have some AQTs / Redcoats / 1" squares that I can deliver in the San Jose area.  V if you can restock me since i'll be there anyways I'd appreciate it.  I can also drop off what ever you need JS.  RH lives in the Monterey area and every so often I come and visit her.  It's not that far off of a drive.  Let me know.

sespe

I'm bringing some muzzleloaders for show and tell, and a big frozen block of chili. Wasn't planning on coming out until Saturday morning, maybe I can break free in a couple hours...
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

asminuteman

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

asminuteman

jacques

Quote from: asminuteman on March 12, 2010, 04:35:40 PM
<-----COME ON #6

Desertdog....IF and that's a big if....1 of the daughters wishes to actually shoot, I'm pointing to you...

parents don't teach their own.....not if you wish to be on speaking terms later in life

I know katie is thinking about it..SS almost got her at the steel challenge
ken

That is wise. I find it better when someonelse teaches my own. They seem to listen more. And don't sas back.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

LayloPro

"the net is NOT my forte"

ehhmmmmm, dude.....it ain't the "Net" that's your prob here...... &) $$-0 @&)

Spell check -could- be your friend if you ever got away from the IE version you're using......seriously!!  :sos:

Really!! It works!! O0 ;D

#6 already?!? Geee, and past 1100 views....folks are gonna wonder what we're up to out here in sunny Cali....... @) ^:)^ ..:..

Hmmmm, next time I'll bring my "little tube shooter" early......we'll get some practice in on the KD....then all the new folks will know why nobody wants to shoot next to me....... >:D O0 :---  ;D

:)
I'm gonna go pack rifles & such now..... 8)
LLP

Cal 7.62

Well, it looks like I'm only going to be able to stop by for a few minutes tommorow and pick up some flyers from Bob around lunchtime. I'll have Mrs. Cal  ~~:) and the young'n with me, so you guys (and gals) will have to have fun without me.  :'( :'( :'(
And I was so hoping to get out there this afternoon and unload a few cartriges with others of my kind.  :--- :---
Cal Out
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Jet Set

I'd say that UPS the stuff is the best.  Since V will send me SWAT articles and Tri-folds, he can toss a few of the targets in as well. 

Thanks

Quote from: V on March 12, 2010, 03:20:10 PM
I can certainly stock you up with stuff DD but you and JS should check that you can meet somewhere without either of you having to drive miles out of your way to make it happen. UPS for a box straight to JS's place will be cheaper than combined gas nowadays.

Its easy for me either way.

Cheers
Phil

Quote from: Double D on March 12, 2010, 03:03:23 PM
JS,

asminuteman

Freeman

So when's the next IBC? That was too much fun.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.