News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD Day at Atterbury. Its hustle time.

Started by SPQR, February 11, 2014, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

ALERT   Immediate response necessary

February 22-23rd Indiana is hosting an Instructor KD Day at Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center.  This is very last minute and is a makeup for last fall when the Sequester cancelled our event.  The ammunition for .223 caliber rifles is being provided by Wolf Performance Arms.  We have space for 30 shooters.  First come, first serve.

The last minute nature cannot be helped.  This was the only date that CAJMTC could give us that jived with Wolf's promotional needs. 
We are keeping this simple.  Everybody gets come-ups and then we rock some AQTs.  It will probably be cold.  It will probably be wet.  It will probably move pretty quick.  That just means you will need to move quick in the cold and wet.  Everything is fine here.  Situation Normal.

Don't worry, camping will be allowed.  S2S will eat steak and fries.  Range Control will be called.  Hope to see you there.  If we don't have a full roster by the end of the week we are going to offer slots to Seeders in the area who are loyal and bring folks to shoots and promote us.

https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=250&showall=yes

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

ATM

Nice opportunity!  :)

Unfortunate event conflict.  :(

Ah well, hopefully it will stay cold and wet that weekend.  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

techres

I will be there.  It will be epic.  We will shoot up free ammo and look awesome all day. 

It is a moral imperative.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

grunt soldier

Damn. I really wanted to come to this. I'll be with ATM TJ and lone at crawfordsville shoot.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

SureShotSpartan

I sure wish me and the boys could make the trek north but we'll be at a new range running a KD on the 21st and an IBC 22nd - 23rd. 

Let er eat!!  :~
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

Bill Winkle

Michigan is representing. Bill Winkle for sure. Anyone want a ride?
....Bill Winkle....

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

techres

Quote from: Bill Winkle on February 11, 2014, 05:12:23 PM
Michigan is representing. Bill Winkle for sure. Anyone want a ride?

Will be great to see you!

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Wild Deuce

Wow ... when these events happen, they literally fall out of the sky fast.

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

SPQR

MA MA MA MERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KEEP IT ROLLING

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

SPQR

One day is fine.  I think Saturday is our critical day anyway. 

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

slim

I don't have this sweet mohawk for nothin.  -:)

Rayne, the purpose of this event is to get great pictures for Wolf. I do believe that means the mission dictates our more "photogenic" models should be up on the line shooting and folks like me should be in the pits. Basically, what it sounds like is we'll be raising the targets for you and Barbie to shoot while Josh snaps pics.  IT'S FOR THE MISSION!!!

Can't wait to see y'all there. And Bill, super glad to see you're making the journey south. Huzzah!

I'm working on a warm place for us to sleep right now. No guarantees yet but I usually don't have to twist my brother's arm very hard to get him to allow us to crash on his warm floor. This is also the perfect time for a little NSWAB activities in honor of Barbie's big sendoff. I hate seeing her go... but I love watching her leave.  :cool2:

DING!

DING!

DING!

Is that a bell ringing?

spitfire51

I won't be able to make this one as I'll be working all weekend (unless ya'll are still shooting at midnight Sunday, then I'll stop by).  But I hope everyone has a great time.

DO NOT FORGET to send in your rifle info!  There is a link on the EIP page to the form that needs to be sent in.  The form is also at the top of the Indiana forum page.  And we have to have that info a week ahead of time.  So even if it's iffy that you'll be able to come, send in the info anyways.

If you're worried about how fast this is coming up, well, hey, just keep telling yourself...free ammo!
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Bill Winkle

Quote from: slim on February 12, 2014, 12:48:57 AM
I don't have this sweet mohawk for nothin.  -:)

Rayne, the purpose of this event is to get great pictures for Wolf. I do believe that means the mission dictates our more "photogenic" models should be up on the line shooting and folks like me should be in the pits. Basically, what it sounds like is we'll be raising the targets for you and Barbie to shoot while Josh snaps pics.  IT'S FOR THE MISSION!!!

Can't wait to see y'all there. And Bill, super glad to see you're making the journey south. Huzzah!

I'm working on a warm place for us to sleep right now. No guarantees yet but I usually don't have to twist my brother's arm very hard to get him to allow us to crash on his warm floor. This is also the perfect time for a little NSWAB activities in honor of Barbie's big sendoff. I hate seeing her go... but I love watching her leave.  :cool2:

DING!

DING!

DING!

Is that a bell ringing?

Cannot wait to see everyone. Since there are going to be photos for promo, any do's/don't on attire?
....Bill Winkle....

techres

Prefer more normal clothes and less camo/operator gear.  No hard rules here, just if you have the ability to grab a backpack or alice pack instead of a full chest rig with body armor - go with the former.

It does not matter too much, only shirts with bad words would be no go's.  I would prefer you all look like every day folk with rifles over looking like CMP competitors or wannabe militia folks.

On the other hand, I can always just leave you on the cutting room floor.  But given your svelt good looks, rugged chin and manly voice - I would hate to loose you.   O0

Techres

P.S.  In all seriousness, if all you have is camo, don't sweat it, just wear it.  We will make it work.

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: spitfire51 on February 12, 2014, 12:54:46 AM
I won't be able to make this one as I'll be working all weekend (unless ya'll are still shooting at midnight Sunday, then I'll stop by).  But I hope everyone has a great time.

DO NOT FORGET to send in your rifle info!  There is a link on the EIP page to the form that needs to be sent in.  The form is also at the top of the Indiana forum page.  And we have to have that info a week ahead of time.  So even if it's iffy that you'll be able to come, send in the info anyways.

If you're worried about how fast this is coming up, well, hey, just keep telling yourself...free ammo!

I'm not seeing the EIP on the schedule. 

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

spitfire51

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on February 12, 2014, 01:16:48 PM

UL

That's because it's not on the schedule since it's an instructor day.  Use the link at the top of this thread.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

GoldFish

I'm sitting at school 1,200 miles away crying because I won't be able to go and will be the first CAJMTC event that I won't be there to witness.  This shoot is the definition of epic, and there  be some pictures to confirm it.
Ya'll had better have a truckload of fun for those of us who can't make it.

Ol' Huff, do what you do, and  -:), represent Ohio well, by doing what you do...

---GoldFish
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Rayne

~

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: spitfire51 on February 12, 2014, 01:38:08 PM
Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on February 12, 2014, 01:16:48 PM

UL

That's because it's not on the schedule since it's an instructor day.  Use the link at the top of this thread.

Thanks.   O0
UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

Wild Deuce

Not sure if I will get the day off but I signed up and sent the information in ... just in case.

techres

Barbie

Huff, don't forget to send in my rifle info... for whatever im shootin!   :---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

techres

We can still use more people.  Remember, this is epic we are talking about - and not just normal epic, this is...

Atterbury Epic