News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD Day at Atterbury. Its hustle time.

Started by SPQR, February 11, 2014, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philagothon

Just found this. Signed up and info sent in. See y'all there.

JSW

brianheeter

Quote from: philagothon on February 15, 2014, 05:53:36 PM
Just found this. Signed up and info sent in. See y'all there.

Where did you send your info?  I'm compiling it all and I haven't seen it.  Send your info to:

appleseed.indiana@gmail.com

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

techres

I sent mine into in@appleseedinfo.org.  Is that one cool too?  Seemed to work.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

yellowhousejake

Quote from: techres on February 15, 2014, 09:48:44 PM

in@appleseedinfo.org forwards to the gmail account. Follow the directions and everything will work out.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Brown

Quote from: yellowhousejake on February 15, 2014, 10:03:46 PM

in@appleseedinfo.org forwards to the gmail account. Follow the directions and everything will work out.

YHJ

There's directions?

Do we have a FAQ also? ;D
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Barbie

Quote from: Brown on February 15, 2014, 10:22:23 PM
Quote from: yellowhousejake on February 15, 2014, 10:03:46 PM

YHJ

There's directions?

Do we have a FAQ also? ;D

Oh come on guys... forget all that crap and lets get down to business... where we eatin' Saturday night?   ;D
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

SPQR

If people decide to camp I will need to stay.  If noti want a piece of couch at casa bro. 
If in camp mode I say chili cheese dog roast. If in bloomington, NSWA-B

MERICA
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Barbie

FYI, for anyone in the AO, there's talk of shenanigans Friday evening.

And as for the weather over the weekend,
Sat
Feb 22

47°
27°
Few Showers
Chance of rain:
30%Wind:
SE at 7 mph DetailsSun
Feb 23

40°
20°
Cloudy
Chance of rain:
20%Wind:
NW at 14 mph

I'd suggest not campin'!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

slim

Hey, in all seriousness, can one of you come up with an official certificate we can present to them?

They have one from the Green Dragon Tavern. I was thinking something along the lines of "In appreciation for your unwavering devotion to Project Appleseed and the cause of Freedom in selflessly providing a warm place along Route 46 for tired volunteers to continue the work of saving this Nation of Riflemen." Something cheesy like that.

Anyone?

techres

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

techres

techres

Quote from: slim on February 15, 2014, 10:54:07 PM
Hey, in all seriousness, can one of you come up with an official certificate we can present to them?

brianheeter

Tech, you do some pretty great stuff at very early hours of the morning!
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

techres

Quote from: brianheeter on February 16, 2014, 09:19:13 AM
Tech, you do some pretty great stuff at very early hours of the morning!

I work best on deadline.  Sleep is a deadline.  So is Valentine's day.

LOL!

slim

Serious, for sure. What you have there is cool but I was thinking more like a certificate type thing. Boring brown paper with fancy letters, etc. Although, they'd probably hang that there graphic you made above their bar.  O0

NSWAB is "Naval Surface Warfare Activity - Bloomington." There's a big German battleship that sails the North Atlantic (aka Nick's) and while doing our best to 7th Step the local coeds at the liberal arts college (hey, it's for the mission!) we work on sinking the Biz as well. Fire Team Charlie has a tough job, but we're dedicated to completing the mission.

"Confidence is not something you'll find a shortage of at this table."  :cool2:

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

techres

AH!  Now I get it.  I think I can do that for you.

slim

Nathan and Pam Ridgley are their names if you want to throw that on there.

I just figured it'd be a good token of appreciation for them. We've stayed there quite a bit and never really given them anything back. A certificate and some toilet paper would do them right.

AuntieBellum

Questions:
1. Are we checking out the range Friday PM or Sat AM?
2. Are we certain we have an OIC and RSO with up to date cards?
3. Do you mind if I cut out at noon on Sat to update my card?
4. Where do Nathan and Pam like to eat?  I bet we could take up a collection and get them a gift card. $5 from each of us staying adds up fast.
5. Where are the shenanigans happening Friday night so I know where to join in...I mean find you. ;)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

1. Open to flexibility.  OIC prefers Friday as it gives us a chance tp put up backers before Sat AM
2. I think Yes.  OIC is updated for certain. 
3. No problem.  I was going to suggest several people do that.
4. They don't eat anywhere in my experience but the drink the bejesus out of that town.
5. ???

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

techres

Quote from: slim on February 16, 2014, 12:53:25 PM
Serious, for sure. What you have there is cool but I was thinking more like a certificate type thing. Boring brown paper with fancy letters, etc. Although, they'd probably hang that there graphic you made above their bar.  O0

These are the last two I am making yah.  You can pick from the three.

-REMOVED-

SPQR

The middle one.  We can make one for Nick's English Hut later.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

techres

yellowhousejake

Memorandum letter and Certification letter have been signed and turned in to Scheduling. I can get a copy of each to someone, OIC, AB, someone, to have them available at check in.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

let me get back to you.  not sure what work schedule is like this week.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

smiledochill

WOW, thanks for the gracious invite folks (I'm not an instructor).  I've moved heaven and earth to get schedules re-arranged but it is done!  I've registered and sent info in.  Of course, 3 days biscuit and kit was already ready to go so no prob. on the last minute notice.
This is the perfect storm, great shooters on the line, winter (outdoor activities are just better with bad weather), DK, ammo supplied and only a range fee!  Am I less of a Rifleman if I admit I cried a little when I got the invite?  :'(
;D

SPQR

Did you have your 3 days biscuit?  Did you have your gear and hunting shirt at the ready?

Was your heart ready?

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

smiledochill

Quote from: SPQR on February 16, 2014, 05:32:57 PM
Did you have your 3 days biscuit?  Did you have your gear and hunting shirt at the ready?

Was your heart ready?

The modern equivalent, yes I do.   I'd like to tell you it is because I'm so prepared but that would be a lie.  We've recently moved into a temp. place that is 1/10th the size of our previous place.  It was pack things together or never find them.  My car is being used as storage space so my camping gear is all stored in the trunk. 

I've been working on a technique that basically allows the Mosin Nagant stock sling to be used as a USGI sling.  I'm planning on using my AR but I'm bringing my 91/30 sniper to use on either day one or two IF it doesn't interfere with things.  I understand the main point of this shoot is to get photo and video ops for Wolf so I'll gladly leave it in the car if that is best.

I also plan to camp, I'll bring a tent but if there is enough snow I'll just build an igloo.  Yes, I'm serious.  Used to do that all the time, it's warmer.