News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD Day at Atterbury. Its hustle time.

Started by SPQR, February 11, 2014, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

When you go in the gate (and it's fairly easy to find from town) you just go straight south. You'll see a group of men not to be trifled with and some womenfolk who are easy on the eyes but hard on the heart. That'll be us.

Drive slow. MPs hand out tickets for even 1mph over the speed limit and you have to drive even slower around formations of troops. There will be dudes walking along the side of the road. And they're Army dudes so use extreme caution.

It takes all of one minute from the time you snake through the checkpoint till you get to Range Control. If you see the helicopter hangars and sparkly new fire station you went too far.

Money is typically collected at the end of day 2 when the OIC says, "Crap, I forgot to collect all the money. Ante up you cheap SOBs." There is no other paperwork for lowly shooters to fill out. Only the movers and shakers need to worry from this point forward.

AuntieBellum

CAJMTC liability forms will need filled out. And Appleseed forms for our non-instructor guests.

Range fee due up front. I've seen those Atterbury bills, and it's scary. Especially if you realize you didn't collect it all.

Do not forget your drivers license to show at the gate. You can't drive in without it. Though they may let you walk in if you talk a good game.  Not kidding...it's happened to one of ours.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

slim

And have your registration/insurance up to date as well.

Those dudes have nothing to do all day so that's a huge deal.  @&)

Nero

Quote from: techres on February 19, 2014, 04:18:06 PM
Quote from: slim on February 19, 2014, 03:58:32 PM
That music makes me think I oughta be wearin a leopard print mink robe.

I am hoping that the others joining us will be able to product a high quality image set for the NRA convention that will show what real riflemen and riflewomen look like.

Then there is you...  As for the robe.... Bring it.

You can always use him as the 'before' picture.   >:D
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Wiggly

If you guys need another hand setting up targets or the like, let me know and I'll see what I can do about coming up on Friday; I'm not making any promises though.
"Suffer Patiently, Patiently Suffer"

Taka222

Oh man, can I just pray for good video? If I were close enough, that squealing sound you hear would be my tires goin' down the highway. I hope ya'll have a wonderful time!  :pop: :---
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

Hop

Could someone link to the guest forms please?

I don't have a recent zero on the rifle I loaned Rayne last time we were there & won't be able to get it before Saturday.  I think she used a BSZ and didn't dial at all + shot Wolf ammo.  Rayne, if you see this and have come-ups for my 20" Colt using Wolf I'd be greatful. 

Rifle(s) = check.  Always need spare guns because I like running ~1200 yards round trip to swap them out when breaking extractors.
Kit = check
Rain gear = lost after my last ski trip.  UGH!
New waterproof boots = check

I know it's extra gear but I want to try out a new Vortex spotter scope.  Everyone seemed to like using my old one @ Atterbury & spotters aren't too heavy.

techres

If you want to lug it around, great.  But you will have to be man portable in the mud and it is gonna be a ton of mud we expect.

When I am doing pics I will have to move it out of the backdrop but that is easy to do. 

slim

Im gonna take the unders on mud. That field is pretty hard packed and grassy. There will be muddy spots but I expect the berms to be clean. Wet, but clean.

Anyone wanna bet some Wolf ammo?

SPQR

You will fill the forms out upon arrival.  You are already on the gate list.  Hydrate.  Get some sleep. Bring me 9mm as an offering to the altar Hufficus Optimus Maximus.  I will them grant you fair weather and safe passage.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

slim

Every AR should love Wolf ammo!

IOTVs and SAAPI plates packed. We gonna need gas masks too?

techres

Quote from: slim on February 20, 2014, 07:13:13 PM
Every AR should love Wolf ammo!

IOTVs and SAAPI plates packed. We gonna need gas masks too?

Depends on what your eating.

slim

I'm still not sure how we're going to have time to get all this done. We're shooting, eating, photo sessioning it up, and then we're sinking the Biz?

There are not enough hours in the day. I mean, Fire Team Charlie is good, but not even Fire Team Charlie can be in more than one place (or four places, that is) at once. Physics aren't just good suggestions... they're laws!

Slow2Speak

Quote from: Wiggly on February 20, 2014, 02:26:02 AM
If you guys need another hand setting up targets or the like, let me know and I'll see what I can do about coming up on Friday; I'm not making any promises though.
A few of us have to go up Friday and do the RSO class and test then be at the deconfliction meeting then we are heading home we will do the set up Saturday morning but thanks for the offer Wiggly

techres

There is a plan. 

Quote from: slim on February 20, 2014, 11:15:06 PM
I'm still not sure how we're going to have time to get all this done. We're shooting, eating, photo sessioning it up, and then we're sinking the Biz?

There are not enough hours in the day. I mean, Fire Team Charlie is good, but not even Fire Team Charlie can be in more than one place (or four places, that is) at once. Physics aren't just good suggestions... they're laws!

Slow2Speak

Quote from: slim on February 20, 2014, 11:15:06 PM

Hey Slim uhhh you don't need to be back to the firing line till bout 730-8oclock Sunday morning that should leave plenty time for shanannigans or were you thinkin you needed some sleep Saturday night?

AuntieBellum

Vehicle loaded and ready to hit the road at 0630.  Brief 8 hour stop at work, then I'll continue on. If there's anything I'm forgetting to pack, someone should tell me now. ;)

techres

You bringing any of your still camera gear?

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 20, 2014, 11:40:08 PM
Vehicle loaded and ready to hit the road at 0630.  Brief 8 hour stop at work, then I'll continue on. If there's anything I'm forgetting to pack, someone should tell me now. ;)

AuntieBellum

Yep. I have more camera gear than rifle gear packed. ;)
Quote from: techres on February 20, 2014, 11:42:09 PM

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Rayne on February 20, 2014, 11:52:42 PM

Would you like the big banner sign back, I borrowed last fall?

Anyone have an estimate on the finish time on Saturday?

If you want the banner out of your way, I'll take it. If you want to keep it for upcoming opportunities, that's ok, too.

Rayne

~

Brown

bringing mine also for Saturday

Quote from: techres on February 20, 2014, 11:42:09 PM

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Wild Deuce

Any issues with getting to the base (as far as flooded roads) locally? ... the interstate?

I know there is a flood warning for the area.

Getting ready to hit the road.

Bill Winkle

Made it to town. Cannot wait to see everyone tomorrow!
....Bill Winkle....

techres

Batteries charging on all cameras, rifles in cases, laptop charging, food going into packs.

See you in the morning.

Slow2Speak

We went to the range today with the sun shine and the wind we been having the tops of the berms where we will be shooting from are not that wet  O0 probly still have some wet knees and elbows parts of the body that apply a lot of your weight to the ground but I don't think its gonna be to bad see everybody in the morning