News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD Day at Atterbury. Its hustle time.

Started by SPQR, February 11, 2014, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AuntieBellum

So...is camping an option for Friday? I could be there as early as 7:30 Pm Friday to help get backers ready. 9:30 if WD and I carpool. He wants to camp, preferably both nights, I do not.  Do you have anyone to sign out the range with you for Friday evening?
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

yellowhousejake

Forms have been submitted, copies sent to OIC.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

AB - No, I don't have anyone yet.  Barbie may be updated and available.  not sure.  I don't mind a Saturday set up as long as all hands arrive promptly and pull their weight.  I don't really want to camp Friday but will without complaint if that is best for anyone coming in from out of town.  Correct me if I am wrong but if the range is occupied OIC needs to be in attendance?  Does OIC need to be there only during hot times?  I don't really care.

As for places to be.  I realize that tearing a blue streak with slim is not appealing to everyone but i do think it would be awesome if we all ate together.  Above all of that is Barb's last time with us for the near future and I am going where she is going.  If some folks don't want to extend their activities late into the evening I would be more than happy to lead a charge back to Nate and Pam's house for showers and shut eye.  They know me and wouldn't be distraught in the least to come home and find a bunch of Appleseeders bedded down in their house, particularly if i occupied my customary spot at the end of the sectional with the beagle dog.  I might even suggest Euchre as a pleasing pre-bedtime activity.

I have tomorrow off so I can make some phone calls to nail some of these questions down.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Barbie

I need to be updated also...

I am off all day Friday.  I was going to ride up with Slim Friday evening but wouldn't be arriving til after dinner time.  If ya'll want to set up on Friday I can drive and be there anytime.  (Setting up on Friday is a lot nicer than screwing with it on Saturday...)

Is it possible to get our RSO cards renewed early on Friday then check out the range and get it all set up?  If so, I am available to do this, and can go ahead and help start setting up the target backers. 

Just let me know.
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

brianheeter

Quote from: Barbie on February 17, 2014, 07:39:50 PM
Is it possible to get our RSO cards renewed early on Friday then check out the range and get it all set up?  If so, I am available to do this, and can go ahead and help start setting up the target backers. 

I don't have an RSO card and should probably get one.  If they offer the training on Friday I can get time off from work and attend.  Can also put in time to get things set up on Friday if that can be made to happen.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Barbie

Quote from: brianheeter on February 17, 2014, 08:35:33 PM
Quote from: Barbie on February 17, 2014, 07:39:50 PM

I don't have an RSO card and should probably get one.  If they offer the training on Friday I can get time off from work and attend.  Can also put in time to get things set up on Friday if that can be made to happen.

brian

Pit team extraordinaire!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Bill Winkle

What's all this RSO talk?
Do you guys need an RSO tag? If it applies, I happen to know an NRA Chief RSO.
....Bill Winkle....

Barbie

Quote from: Bill Winkle on February 17, 2014, 08:44:26 PM
What's all this RSO talk?
Do you guys need an RSO tag? If it applies, I happen to know an NRA Chief RSO.

Bill,

It's specific to CAJMTC.  They require certification specific to their location.  We should be covered, many of our instructors attending carry certification.  Thanks though!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

AuntieBellum

RSO class is every day Mon through Sat at 1200 in the conference room at Range Control. Don't be late. And take note...cards expire every year, so anyone who thinks they're good to go may want to check the date on your card.

SPQR

We also have to do deconfliction.  I will sniff around tomorrow and see who is up for an RSO run. We can't take parson until 1800 right?

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Barbie

Quote from: SPQR on February 17, 2014, 10:15:22 PM
We also have to do deconfliction.  I will sniff around tomorrow and see who is up for an RSO run. We can't take parson until 1800 right?

Yeah, I believe it was 1800 for the Friday before past shoots...
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

AuntieBellum

Wild Deuce

What is the status of the range at this time? ... heavy snow cover? ... light snow cover? ... ice? ... frozen mud? Just trying to gauge what to expect on the weekend when the forecast temps are factored in.

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Wild Deuce on February 18, 2014, 12:56:33 AM
What is the status of the range at this time? ... heavy snow cover? ... light snow cover? ... ice? ... frozen mud? Just trying to gauge what to expect on the weekend when the forecast temps are factored in.

For Sat, the chance of rain has dropped to 20%.  Yay!

I'm guessing it's gonna be a mushy, muddy mess. I need to figure out my layers, too. I don't remember how to dress for mid-40s.  I'll await a report from the southerners before packing.

Also, looks like I'm coming in on the 1930 bus. Should I point my GPS towards Atterbury or B-town at that time?

Hop

It'll be an honor to be on the line with y'all.  It sounds like Wolf is bringing 5.56 only this time? 

techres

Quote from: Hop on February 18, 2014, 10:57:33 AM
It'll be an honor to be on the line with y'all.  It sounds like Wolf is bringing 5.56 only this time?

Correct.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

SPQR

According to my sources the range is snow covered at this time and the area is muddy.  Someone who looked outside could probably tell you the same.

Brian and Barb - If you guys are willing sending someone to the RSO class would probably be a good idea.  they will let you take the test without watching the video if you choose to.  I am going to contact S2S about the same thing.  The RSOs could stick around for deconfliction. 

the more I think about it the more I think we may not need to check out the range Friday if we make an honest attempt to get there early and all hands show up.  We only need 15 backers prepped at the top end and would have several folks to do it.  I will leave it up to the consensus of the masses.

Amy, you might as well head to Bloomington.  We can find you a port of call and I am sure you would be more comfortable. 

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

grunt soldier

I just started looking for mine. I can't find my card. I don't think it's expired but now I'm really going to have to look for it.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Barbie

Sounds like a plan Stan.  I will plan on renewing my RSO card and will stick around for the deconfliction meeting.  I'm pretty sure I have Brian & Rob's #'s so if we need to coordinate meeting up that shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone around me or who is enroute to Atterbury needs a ride, let me know.  I've got room for 2 or 3 in my car. (cell- 812-290-4738)

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

techres

SPQR

Everybody needs to be at the parking lot of Range Control at 0730 with smiles on and their paperwork filed out and range fee paid.  We will be headin to range to set up immediately after.   All hands in pits for set up.  Then all hands to parking lot for brief. Josh and I are meeting tomorrow to set up a shoot list.  This will serve as our real CoF.  That will set the general outline.

There will be balloons

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Slow2Speak

techres

For those attending the after action photo shoot away from Atterbury, I have been asked to say a couple of words about what I need.

We will be doing pictures in a studio style that will highlight that a rifleman is something other than a guy in the mud shooting rifles (those pictures we will be doing at the shoot!).  Please bring one or two changes of clothes for photography that are not what you would wear to the range but do wear in the rest of your regular life.  Power suit, dress, whatever.  Something more interesting than yet another set of carharts in camo.  Colorful is great, but not necessary.  The only warning is to shy away from bright greens as we will be using a green screen and you may bleed in. 

You do not need to look pretty, or strong, or anything in these pictures.  You just need to look you.  Well, the cleaned up you.  Oh, and if you are worried about skin condition, blemishes, and so on - don't - when I get done your skin will be better than you could ever imagine.  Oh, yeah.

This will not just be work, there will be fun, some drinks, and stories of all kinds.  It will be fun.  Those who wish can then follow Slim out for his next level shenannigans.

slim

That music makes me think I oughta be wearin a leopard print mink robe.

GoldFish

Quote from: slim on February 19, 2014, 03:58:32 PM

Yep, exactly what I was about to say.

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

techres

Quote from: slim on February 19, 2014, 03:58:32 PM

I am hoping that the others joining us will be able to product a high quality image set for the NRA convention that will show what real riflemen and riflewomen look like.

Then there is you...  As for the robe.... Bring it.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

SteelThunder

For those that may be unfamiliar with Camp Atterbury (ahem....ME!!!) where is " the parking lot of Range Control at 0730 with smiles on and their paperwork filed out and range fee paid"?????

I see the "address" on the EIP listed as  2.5 miles West of US 31 on E 800 S (Old Hospital Road).

Is this where we meet?  Is Range Control at the entrance or obviously marked with signage?  If not, where is the location?  What paperwork needs to be filled out (is SPQR referring to the rifle data we previously submitted?)  Who takes the range fee?

If this was discussed, my apologies...didn't see it.

Thanks

ST2
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al