News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD Day at Atterbury. Its hustle time.

Started by SPQR, February 11, 2014, 03:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Bivouac location secured just east of Bloomington for anyone who'd like to join us.

There's also a rumor going around that a big German battle ship has been sighted on the high seas of the North Atlantic aka Nick's.

Bill Winkle

Quote from: techres on February 13, 2014, 08:09:28 AM
We can still use more people.  Remember, this is epic we are talking about - and not just normal epic, this is...

Atterbury Epic

Working on it, working on it. You last-minute-Indiana guys, sheesh!
It'll be tough too considering we are supposed to leave all of our steel plates at home. At least we don't have to cross Illinois borders!
Now, I just have to go get a haircut  :P
....Bill Winkle....

slim

Bill, youre more than welcome to crash at my brother's place and help us with the shenanigans. That goes for everyone.

If you think Atterbury is epic...

SteelThunder

What time do festivities get going on Saturday? EDIT:  Read the @#$@#% directions...check in at 7:30 am sharp.

The reason I ask is the COO of the Household made it relatively clear that being gone for work on Feb 18-19 and then Feb 24-28, and then for Appleseed Feb 21-23 is...unacceptable.

I'm thinking of Saturday only and driving down Sat morning, coming back Sat night.

KD...it's just that important.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Barbie

Yea! Count me in for crashing at your brothers house. I love camping but it's gonna be cold and a warm place to sleep is dang near priceless.

This shoot is gonna be epic... i couldn't think of a better way to spend my last weekend in Indiana!  Hope to see ya all there!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

techres

Quote from: Bill Winkle on February 13, 2014, 09:10:41 AM
Working on it, working on it. You last-minute-Indiana guys, sheesh!
It'll be tough too considering we are supposed to leave all of our steel plates at home. At least we don't have to cross Illinois borders!
Now, I just have to go get a haircut  :P

Oh, no, bring the steel plates and carrier.  I will bring my SAAPI.  I have an idea for them come nightfall with barbie.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

slim

techres

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Bill Winkle

....Bill Winkle....

techres

slim

AuntieBellum

I'm...wait for it...IN!!!!!  I traded my soul to get the weekend off, but I was mostly done with it, anyway.  I would also love to take you up on your offer to stay at your brother's, Slim.   Epic will happen.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Barbie

Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 13, 2014, 11:59:56 PM
I'm...wait for it...IN!!!!!  I traded my soul to get the weekend off, but I was mostly done with it, anyway.  I would also love to take you up on your offer to stay at your brother's, Slim.   Epic will happen.

Oh no AB... you remember what happened the last time we both stayed the night there.... hahaha   ;D
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Barbie on February 14, 2014, 12:02:56 AM
Quote from: AuntieBellum on February 13, 2014, 11:59:56 PM

Oh no AB... you remember what happened the last time we both stayed the night there.... hahaha   ;D

Hahahahaha...yeah...I won't count on getting any actual sleep, but it will at least be warm.   ;D

techres

Ok, then.  Bringing the green screen, lights and cameras.  Everyone bring two sets of clothing and a smile.

Barbie

Quote from: techres on February 14, 2014, 12:13:30 AM
Ok, then.  Bringing the green screen, lights and cameras.  Everyone bring two sets of clothing and a smile.

Will do! 
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

AuntieBellum

Quote from: techres on February 14, 2014, 12:13:30 AM

How much gear do you want me to bring?  Softbox/umbrella/flashes/backdrop stand/light stands/remote flash triggers...???

Rimshot is gonna try and teach me what he can about the GoPro this week.  I haven't used it yet - have you used one?

techres

AB, bring everything.  You can never have too much.  As for the go pro?  No experience at all.  None. 

DaveD

Some how I don't think this needs to be said   :cool2:    ......Have Fun!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

SteelThunder

She-who-must-be-obeyed has given the green light to a Saturday only excursion.  I'll be driving down on Sat morning and leaving that evening after the shoot.

Will send the event registration form to the in@appleseed address.

See yuns there.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Maynard

This is what I get for ignoring the forums.  I almost missed out on this shoot, until SPQR texted me yesterday.  Thanks, buddy!

I'm signed up.  Now all I need is a rifle!  Anybody have an extra that they will loan me?

Maynard

AuntieBellum

Quote from: techres on February 14, 2014, 12:47:03 AM
AB, bring everything.  You can never have too much.  As for the go pro?  No experience at all.  None.

O0

I'll read up on the GoPro.  But you're tech...so I'm confident you can sort it out.

slim

Huzzah! The more the merrier. Shenanigans aplenty. Wooo hoooo!

Two sets of clothes, techres? With the green screen, all I really need is my birthday suit. You can add the clothes later.Im thinkin boots, body armor, and not much else. We sure are gonna have a lot more ladies next year!

Maynard youre welcome to use my A2 whenever Im not using it. Im down to one now so I cant bring one for you but if we line up on opposite pit crews we'll be fine. I reckon someone on this thread has one you can borrow.

Epic is probably not a big enough word for what this weekend is shaping up to be. Somebody break out the dinosaur book and find us a big word. AJ, where are you with that classical education?

Brown

Well

dont know if I can stay much longer than handing out some ammo but sent in my rifle info just in case I can stay a couple hours. Im in ;)
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

SPQR

When to going gets epic, a Rifleman gets simple.

Slim, the word you were looking for is AWESOME.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

There will be many spare AR's on the line if you want to borrow them.

Quote from: Maynard on February 14, 2014, 12:08:56 PM
This is what I get for ignoring the forums.  I almost missed out on this shoot, until SPQR texted me yesterday.  Thanks, buddy!

I'm signed up.  Now all I need is a rifle!  Anybody have an extra that they will loan me?

Maynard

SPQR

I have 2 in the house.  Barb gets one and Maynard gets the other I guess.   I am bringing my ought 6 bit strictly for overwatch purposes.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

Bringing three rifles and a more cameras than that.  Cameras is all I will be shooting.  You can pic from the many piles.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.