News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming CA Gun Shows we should attend

Started by bob 210, September 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglescouter

The Reno Show is the weekend of April 17-19.  This show is heavily attended by refugees from California.  While it is too close to the Appleseed Sac date of April 18-19, it would be a good location to market both Nevada and California Appleseeds that are scheduled for later in the year.

Does Appleseed have a marketing team that can cover this show instead of being on the line April 18?

http://www.bigrenoshow.com/
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

BaldDragn

I would love to have a presents at the Reno Gun Show, I've been there several times and it is huge, you are correct in wanting Appleseed to be represented there. However with help from the EPT, a solid core of local Boots On The Ground, and the fine work done by the SoCal crew in January, we WILL sell out Sacramento (I'm putting money on that), that should translate into repeat Appleseeders in June IF we do our part in April. In my view that means we use all the resources at our disposal at the Appleseed. This, coming from a guy that loves to do gun shows.

Now if anybody in or near Reno wants to get involved in doing gun shows (maybe an attendee from Fallon last month?) I will fall all over myself to help them get set up. Believe me, gun shows are the easiest gig we've got.

It's our good fortune in NorCal that getting people to an Appleseed in not a problem, we have proof of that, manning the Appleseed is our problem. The SoCal Appleseeders put up with a LOOONG drive to bring Appleseed to us and they can't be expected to keep doing that. The sooner we can get our feet under us here in the Sacramento area, the faster we can bring instructors up to Redding.

Now for the good news. We may soon have Appleseeds to promote closer to your home, like, just west of you (that's a pretty drive). If that is the case, then you can be sure I will be at a gun show near you and on the line with you.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

SavageShootr

In addition to all of the helpers who were present at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show. I had a bit of help attracting the attention of some of the people at the show by an inanimate object. The Rifle rack that ASminuteman made for my display rifles was awesome. I left it there Saturday and MrBill put his rifles on it. I brought out my M1A and Aly's 10-22 and put them on display in the middle of the table on Saturday. It really did the job.

Thank You ASminuteman for making the rack. It is a beautiful addition to the table. The rifles sitting on it make a good display, a great display.

~SS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

MrBill

A second round of praise for ASminuteman and his display.  Perfect for displaying an M1a and an LTR with a few books behind 'em (Paul Revere's ride etc).

It put the rifles up front and center so there was no confusion what we are about.  No more questions if we area a Revolutionary War re-enactors group.

Well done!

MrBill
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."  Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

BaldDragn

Quote from: MrBill on April 10, 2009, 03:00:39 AM
A second round of praise for ASminuteman and his display.  Perfect for displaying an M1a and an LTR with a few books behind 'em (Paul Revere's ride etc).

It put the rifles up front and center so there was no confusion what we are about.  No more questions if we area a Revolutionary War re-enactors group.

Well done!

MrBill

Pictures?

Always a good idea to help the rest of us improve our GunShowFu.

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

BaldDragn

Quote from: asminuteman on April 10, 2009, 03:23:14 PM
WoW!!! thanks for the praise, who would have thought a few left over scraps of wood and a cleaver paint job would attract so much attention, (A mock-up of an idea/ thanks to Camjr) you gotta luv RED, WHITE AND BLUE... oh Stars....I have cut out another for Camjr., Mr Bill or bald if you would like I'll cut out for you also...  you paint?....LOL I'm glad to hear it helps to get couch potatos to the table. I'll see ya all next weekend

Pictures would be fine.

SAPPER STEEL!

MrBill

Asminuteman,

I would be very appreciative if you could cut one out for me!  Thanks!  I can easily assemble and paint

Working on the Gun Show Fu.

BD, found that 1-1/4" PVC slips nicely over 3/4" galvanized.  Putting together a gun show rig borrowing your ideas, but with the uprights being 1-1/4 slipping over 18" galvanized screwed to flanges screwed to ~12" square boards to clamp to the table top.  At the Costa Mesa show we were in the breezy breezeway and we needed a stronger mount. 

This 1-1/4" should also be strong enough to fly 3 flags on each side.  Thinking about possibly a sleeve with the 3 holders already attached

I plan on using this setup at the April 18-19 Corona event.  Will try to take pictures (probably too busy running around like a beheaded chicken  :)) )

Cheers

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."  Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

V

Quote from: MrBill on April 12, 2009, 04:37:13 PM
Working on the Gun Show Fu.

BD, found that 1-1/4" PVC slips nicely over 3/4" galvanized.  Putting together a gun show rig borrowing your ideas, but with the uprights being 1-1/4 slipping over 18" galvanized screwed to flanges screwed to ~12" square boards to clamp to the table top.  At the Costa Mesa show we were in the breezy breezeway and we needed a stronger mount. 

This 1-1/4" should also be strong enough to fly 3 flags on each side.  Thinking about possibly a sleeve with the 3 holders already attached

I plan on using this setup at the April 18-19 Corona event.  Will try to take pictures (probably too busy running around like a beheaded chicken  :)) )

Cheers

Don't know about Gun Show Fu but here's my general purpose banner/flag flyer for gunshows, admin checkin, instruction/history. Latest part of my shootboss toolbag for toting around California. If I cut the two long 7' poles and use a straight join in each then the whole lot pulls apart to fit in a long holdall.

And I relented and drilled two more holes so in the last couple of pictures its really eight flags...

So, how we all doing, everyone set for 4/19... its going to be..... epic!

Cheers
Phil

bob 210

OK folks, the next Socal gun show is the Ontario Crossroads of the West show on May 16-17. Who's available?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

LayloPro

I can stand up for at least one day, possibly both.....just gotta check with my War Dept.........
Will keep you posted via PM.
Thank you!! :)
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

BaldDragn

I am working on getting a table at the Roseville gun show for May 16th and 17th and I'm looking for people that can work with me. I'll be there from opening to closing both days.

So far Vallejo has been sold out so they are not interested in donating a table to Appleseed, but I understand they have expanded to 500 tables so things may have changed. The May 30th and 31st shows conflict with the Fresno Appleseed so unless we have people in the area that can take this on we may have to pass on that one, but it looks like we have some new dates added for Vallejo on July 11th and 12th, Sept. 12th and 13th, and October 17th and 18th (conflicts with Sacramento).

The Antioch gun show lands on October 31st and November 1st (conflicts with Fresno). We haven't been able to get into this one yet as it has been sold out.

The Gridley gun show conflicts with the new Lakeport Appleseed on August 1st and 2nd. If someone in the Gridley area knows they are not going to attend Lakeport this may be a good alternative.

Turlock gun show is on October 10th and 11th. This gun show is about half way between Sacramento and the Fresno-Lemoore shoots so it should get our attention. We had many interested shooters there at our first show. The Turlock people were very easy to talk to so this would be a good place for any new Appleseeders to cut their "gunshow" teeth.

Also if anybody knows of a gun show that I haven't covered please feel free to PM me with the place and date and I'll look into getting us a table and finding Boots On The Ground to cover it.

Also if anybody has a table at a gun show (from Bakersfield to Burney) or knows somebody that has a table and would like to share some space with Appleseed please PM me with the information and I'll put it to good use.

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

We have a table at the Roseville gun show, I'll be setting up Saturday morning at 7:00 AM and I could use some help. This is a good low pressure way to practice the 7th step of Appleseed.

SAPPER STEEL!

Double D

I can help coordinate with the central coast gun shows ( fresno / bakersfield / paso robles) areas.  BD and Jules just gone done training me in fresno.  We also made an impression with Fresno Firearms and Mary was generous enough to give us some space on her table for free.  We just need to give her a heads up.  She will also be traveling the above mentioned 3 locations because she processes all the FFLs.

Right now, i've only got a laptop with a monitor and will be working on placing a rifle stand with room for some books.  I'd love to see ASM's rig.  PICs man!!! let's see some PICs!!!  >:D.  I will also be sharing my slide show to whom ever would like it as soon as I can get it squared away.  This will happen before the Paso Robles gun show.  where should i post it?
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

SavageShootr

Quote from: BaldDragn on April 27, 2009, 01:21:49 AM
We have a table at the Roseville gun show, I'll be setting up Saturday morning at 7:00 AM and I could use some help. This is a good low pressure way to practice the 7th step of Appleseed.

Not to mention that you get in free. What could be better than that?

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

BaldDragn

Quote from: SavageShootr on April 27, 2009, 08:54:37 PM
Quote from: BaldDragn on April 27, 2009, 01:21:49 AM
Not to mention that you get in free. What could be better than that?

Getting to the ammo table before everybody else!

SAPPER STEEL!

eaglescouter

Ukiah has a gun show July 11, perfect timing for the new Appleseed event scheduled for Lakeport on Aug 1.

http://www.redwoodempirefair.com/

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

BaldDragn

I'll try to get a table there but someone else may have to man the show. I'm also looking at Vallejo gun show for that weekend.

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

LAST CALL!

Set up starts at 07:00 Saturday

Placer County Fairgrounds, 800 All American City Blvd Roseville

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

I feel like I earned my keep today.

First thing upon arriving, I met my neighbor for the weekend. He was wearing one of Fred's "Rifleman" T-shirts, so I assumed I had a kindred spirit setting next to me. Imagine my surprise when he informed me how Appleseed was doomed to fail because Americans were a bunch of fat and lazy cowards. I explained the relationship between a mind and a parachute, his was obviously closed. That was compounded by the utter lack of space in the tiny area we shared. Several volleys were exchanged during the slack times of the day which were far to many.

The morning rush was good, lots of people to talk to. It's great to have people charge up just to ask when the next Appleseed was coming to town. By noon the attendance had dropped to little more than a dozen people in a room of 150 tables. That continued for the rest of the day. I passed the time talking to other vendors about Appleseed. Once I had run out of vendors all that was left is to reread the first and second strikes from Paul Revere's Ride between the occasional visit, I'm so glad I brought a couple copies.

Tomorrow's another day, another opportunity to bail.

SAPPER STEEL!

bob 210

The next Gun Shows in Socal are on the weekend of June 6-7. One show is the McMann's Roadrunner Gun Show in Ventura and the other is the Crossroads of the West Gun Show in Costa Mesa. Who is available to work these gun shows?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

V

Quote from: bob 210 on May 18, 2009, 11:53:13 AM
The next Gun Shows in Socal are on the weekend of June 6-7. One show is the McMann's Roadrunner Gun Show in Ventura and the other is the Crossroads of the West Gun Show in Costa Mesa. Who is available to work these gun shows?
I'll take McMann's in Ventura anyone want to help out PM me.

Cheers
Phil

sespe

PM sent.  I'll do Ventura on Sunday.
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

V

Folks,

The list of gun shows is always changing and Bob's list above is a sampling. If you find or hear of a gun show near and local to one of your shoots PM me if you would like me to contact and setup a free donated table at the show. I'm happy to be a central contact so that we don't have multiple people begging an organizer and p***ing them off.

If you want to take the lead, as BaldDragn has for Central CA, and be the central contact person for a recurring gun show in your area please step up and let me know and I'll hand it over to you.

Here are links to help you find a gunshow you might be interested in contacting me about organizing.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/california.htm and yes there are other states at this site.
http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm reachable from the above site.
http://www.mcmannsroadrunner.com
http://www.codeofthewestgunshows.com/

The ideal is to find a show a week or two before your shoot at which you can promote it. Check out if there are other AS events which might make it hard for you to find volunteers to help man the table that weekend. Alternatively, any show is a good event to promote any Appleseed, so if you have nothing doing why not?

Again, I'll contact, beg, etc., but I need you to take the lead. All you need to do a show is some banners, some flags, some flyers, and some rifles to attract attention and a target backer with some targets and handouts stapled up so you can explain things. They you just talk about Appleseed with folks.

I can help you with loaners of banners/flag sets other high cost items which you might not want to pay out for. Flyers people pay the duplication costs...

Cheers
V

Cal 7.62

Now that central and northern california is on its way to becoming "instructorized",  ::)  the upcoming Sept. gun shows listed here-

http://www.centralcoastgunshows.com/

would be a good place to promote the Lemoore and Bakersfield Appleseeds that follow.  :~
The bad thing about the Bakersfield show is that it's on Labor day weekend, and also the same weekend as the Castro Valley and Red Bluff AS's  :'(
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

eaglescouter

Question:  Are there any Appleseeders who are available to do a gun show in Chico on Aug 22-23?

Event Contact:  Larry/Daryl 530 438-2913/438-2793
Source:  http://www.silverdollarfair.org/Other_Events/index.html

There is a nearby Appleseed on September 4-5 in Red Bluff

--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

bob 210

OK folks, the next Socal gun shows are Aug 22-23 at Costa Mesa and Sept 12-13 at Ventura. Who is available to man a table?

MrBill

If anyone is working the Aug 22-23 Costa Mesa shoot, you are welcome to use my banner and flag holder table mount thingy.

I'll be in Fresno so let me know today to arrange pickup

Cheers

Bill

V

Quote from: bob 210 on August 17, 2009, 08:08:04 AM
OK folks, the next Socal gun shows are Aug 22-23 at Costa Mesa and Sept 12-13 at Ventura. Who is available to man a table?

Bob whats happening with the Sacramento and Piru IBC's that weekend. There's no one signed up for these on the Instructor schedule. I can do the Ventura show unless you want/need me at one of the IBC's.

If so I would prefer Piru as I'm doing Red Bluff in NoCal 5/6, show/piru 12/13, SB Piru 19/20 and possibly helping out in Arizona 26/27 - hey one a week again...  :D

Cheers
Phil

bob 210

Anyone available to work the Ventura gun show this coming weekend Sept 12-13? This is a good venue to promote for the Piru Appleseeds and we really need to have a presence at this show.