News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming CA Gun Shows we should attend

Started by bob 210, September 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

There are several upcoming CA gun shows that would benefit upcoming Appleseed Shoots. I would like to approach some of these promoters, but I would like to get some commitments first. These are the gun shows:

Oct 11-12 Ontario, Convention Center  Crossroads of the West Savageshootr, Son of the Republic-Sat/Laylopro, Phoneprone, LT. Dang-Sunday

Nov 1-2 Ventura, Seaside Park, McMann's Roadrunner V, Cal 7.62 - Sat/Sun, HollywoodMarine - Sat am

Nov 22-23 Costa Mesa, Orange County Fairgrounds,  Crossroads of the West Laylopro - Sat/Sun, Sam Adams - Sun

Jan 3-4  Ontario, Convention Center  Crossroads of the West

Jan 3-4 Sacramento, California Expo McMann's Roadrunner

Jan 10-11 Ventura, Seaside Park, McMann's Roadrunner

Jan 24-25 Costa Mesa, Orange County Fairgrounds,  Crossroads of the West

Feb 14-15 Santa Barbara, Earl Warren Showgrounds

Mar 28-29 Costa Mesa, Orange County Fairgrounds,  Crossroads of the West

Mar 21-22 Del Mar, Del Mar Fairgrounds Crossroads of the West

So who's up for it? Send me a PM and I'll look into booking some tables.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

LayloPro

Hey Bob,
I can work setup on the 11th of Oct, but it's the oldest Granddaughters B-day, & there is -NO- kitchen pass out of that one....Sunday is open all day tho' ;D.....The Costa Mesa/Del Mar ones are good possibilities as well, let me know what is needed....we could probably have Layla & Alex help as well....depends on his union classes for some Saturdays, & what her school schedule looks like....
Keep us posted!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Count me in. Costa Mesa is closest to me, though I am not opposed to traveling.  ;D

Let me know what is needed and I will let you know if it is doable.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

V

I'll have all the equipment/props/tables/tents etc. Just need some bodies to help setup clear/down and trawl for attendees...

Reply or PM/email me.

Cheers
Phil

SavageShootr

I can help V with Ventura. I am available either day.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

didactic

Go, prune-pickers!  And I can say that, because I used to be one.  Still miss it, except for the politics.

But please, when you firm up a date, PM me so I can put it on the schedule.  I need the date(s), city, name of show, and the forum name of the primary contact person.  Thanks!
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Cal 7.62

"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

V

So to confirm, Cal 7.62 and I are there for both days.

Savage Shooter you are welcome either day to boost our presence and I know I probably can't keep you away from an AS event!

Guys 'n'  Gals, even if we have a show "covered" its always good to have more people around the tent generating buzz and interest. So even if you can't commit to the whole day as an exhibitor and you're just coming out for a few hours to checkout the gun show stop by our tent and help out for an hour or so.

For exhibitors the show opens 7.30 saturday,   8.00am sunday and closes around  5.00 both days. For attendees its a 9 til 5 event both days.

Cheers
V

bob 210

SS, or anybody else....can Anyone work the Ontario Show Oct 11-12?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

SavageShootr

Saturday the 11th is good for me. I am unable to help Sunday. I have to work.   >:(

~SS

bob 210

Who can help with the Costa Mesa Crossroads of the West Gun Show on Nov 22-23? It's time to step up again folks. Don't let the same people take all the glory for helping in the fight for Liberty! If you haven't manned one of these gun shows yet, take this opportunity to help out.....you may actually enjoy yourself! ;D If you are available, post here or send Laylopro or Bob 210 a PM.

Sam Adams

I would be happy to help out on Sunday. I live 15 minutes from the Fairgrounds.
" Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen."  Jeff Cooper

LayloPro

Just a quick note....it appears that Crossroads has changed the date for the Costa Mesa show from the 22-23 of Nov to the 29th & 30th....

This could cause some serious scheduling changes.....let's all keep in the loop for this.
LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

bob 210

Now that we have scheduled an Appleseed for Santa Barbara on Feb 29-Mar 1, 2009, we really need to man a table at the Feb 14-15 Santa Barbara, Earl Warren Showgrounds, Santa Barbara Historical Arms Assn Gun Show (Paul Doyle 661-299-6436). Who can help out at this show? Send me a pm.

V

Bob,

I'm driving 5 hours to do the Sacramento show on 3/4, I'm doing the Ventura show on the 10/11, and then I'm driving 5 hours to do the Sac Valley Shoot on the 17/18.

So if someone could take the Ventura show on the 10/11 that would give me a week off in January...

Anyone want to do the Ontario show on 3/4?

Anyone want to do the Costa Mesa on 24/25?

If we don't do the leg work to recruit people at these shows we won't get to stand around listening to the sound of liberty at the ranges...

Cheers
Phil

webdancer

V,

I've apprenticed at only one show (under the exceedingly capable SavageShootr & Johnny Appleseed) but if that is sufficient, I volunteer for Ventura show on 10 & 11 January.

Anyone want to join me (I'll let you be the boss of me, I'll do any tasks you're unwilling to do, and I don't mind solo-ing for long periods if you want to spend most of your time enjoying the show)?

P.e.r.s.i.s.t.i.n.g, 
Webdancer
More fundamentally, however, the basic premise of the Court's argument–that American law should conform to the laws of the rest of the world–ought to be rejected out of hand.  --Justice Antonin Scalia, dissent to Roper v. Simmons

V

Thank you WebDancer, you put our Rifleman to shame with your can do persistence, I look forward to not  only doing the show with you but helping you to your Rifleman patch at any upcoming AS.

Folks,

The way we do Gun Shows in California is to arrange to attend one just before and local to an upcoming shoot so that we can promote that shoot in particular as well as Appleseed in general. So I think its a good idea if IITs, Instructors and ShootBosses for a shoot try to attend their gunshow and not assume that there is a mythical gunshow crew who will magically take care of it for them.

Bob has asked me to take over running the gunshows for him which I am glad to do. Some of you have started calling me "Little Bob" well I hate to tell you but I think I'm more of a "Little Fred" so you'll be getting less of this  @) and more of this  &) this  !@#) and this  @&)

Sacramento

I have the OK for the McMann's Cal Expo Gun show in Sacramento on the 3rd/4th Jan so as Shootboss for the for the 17th/18th shoot I will be manning a table at that show. If someone could assist me it would give me the chance to visit the range during the show. I can carpool someone up there. PM me.

There will also be a McMann Gun Show, same place March 7/8 so we should also plan to man that for the Apr 19th shoot in sacramento. Bob, this isn't on your list above.

Piru

Any instructors from the Piru Jan 17/18, Feb 21/22 shoots shoots should consider attending this Ventura Jan 10/11 gun show to promote their shoots. PM me.

There are also McMann shows in Ventura on Feb 28/Mar 1, June 6/7, Sep 12/13 and Nov 7/8. If you are shootbossing or instructing at SoCal/Piru shoots around these times you should plan on seeding at these shows. I think we have an almost automatic admission to the McMann shows, they let us promote AS we promote their gunshow material at our shoots. Quid pro Quo. So PM me when/if you are interested.

V

V

Folks,

The list of gun shows is always changing and Bob's list above is a sampling. If you find or hear of a gun show near and local to one of your shoots PM me if you would like me to contact and setup a free donated table at the show. I'm happy to be a central contact so that we don't have multiple people begging an organizer and p***ing them off.

Here are links to help you find a gunshow you might be interested in contacting me about organizing.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/california.htm and yes there are other states at this site.
http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm reachable from the above site.
http://www.mcmannsroadrunner.com
http://www.codeofthewestgunshows.com/

Again, I'll contact, beg, etc., but I need you to take the lead.

Cheers
V

bob 210

Alright folks,

We need you to step up to help at the Ventura Gun Show Jan 10-11. Are you gonna let V get all the credit for getting people to Appleseeds from Gun shows? If you are Shoot Bossing an upcoming Appleseed, you should look into working a gun show near your shoot as we have seen attendance increases due to gun shows.

V

Well I had a grand old weekend in Sacramento. I did the gunshow, got the hostapp for SacValley, checked out the range and met up with the host and scouted out the hotels. Stayed with my son at his UC Davis digs.

[attachment=1]

Doesn't look a great site in the picture but hey people gotta pee! And the snacks and coffee bar was nearby as well so they had to walk past me...

Handed out a lot of SacValley  flyers at the gunshow on Saturday and met quite a few very enthusiastic shooters - "Finally, your shooting up here!"
Mostly locals at the Cal Expo so only interested in the SacValley shoot. Didn't hand out many Fresno flyers. I'll be looking for volunteers among the 17/18 attendees to do followup gun shows in Sacramento - 900 miles in a weekend is too much just for a gun show even for me :)

Looking forward to doing the Ventura show this weekend along with Webdancer and Rick (someone's gotta help those Piru Shootbosses get their attendance up - they might get beaten by Florida ;) ) and then its back to Sacramento the week after for the shoot! Lets see if we can break all attendance records for it!

Cheers
V

SavageShootr

I will be at the GunShow in Ventura on Sunday the 11th of January. I will probably not be able to open it up (a little early to come from Whittier) but I can certainly help tear it down when the show is over.

See you all there!!

~SS

LayloPro

Heh!

SS, if I know you, you'll be "tearing it up" while there, too!! O0 **)

Sorry, couldn't resist....... :D

Doesn't look a great site in the picture but hey people gotta pee! And the snacks and coffee bar was nearby as well so they had to walk past me...
V, you are the true "let's make lemonade guy".......when life hands you lemons..... <:)

rock on guys, and have some great times in Sac......
LLP

V

So thanks to help from WebDancer and Rick and SS we handed out just under 200 flyers at this weekends Ventura gun show.

Folks, you gotta understand, when we seed a gun show you are not just looking at 200 flyers this week, only 6 shooters next week at the event (I'm betting it will be more) you are also establishing in peoples minds a brand, a brand that has staying power.

After 3 or 4 shows I'm now seeing the same faces and people but who brushed me off at the first shows but are now stopping to talk and get firmer on their intent to attend. So I handed out flyers with all of this years Piru dates on them so we might not have boosted Jan's attendence but maybe we've bumped Feb or Mar, or April etc.

People who attend gun shows are our "low hanging fruit" if we can't seed and tend and nurture them in order to fight the couches because you don't think its worth it what are you going to be willing to do to get the next wave of attendees...

I even handed out a few more Sacramento flyers and a bunch of Santa Barbara's.

The next show is Costa Mesa, anyone going to handle that one? And yes, I'm talking to you guys with all the hats and patches  ;)

bob 210

We need some help. Who can work the gun show table at the Jan 24-25 Costa Mesa, Orange County Fairgrounds,  Crossroads of the West Gun Show?

Camljr

Bob,

I can commit to working Saturday afternoon from about noon to 4pm, if that works...

Sorry I cannot commit more than that.

Let me know

Cameron
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

SavageShootr

BaldDragn

Since I have been doing so much of my shopping online I've had little reason to keep up on gun shows in my area, even though I've always enjoyed going. But now that I have a good reason to go, I'd be happy to man a table most anywhere in northern California.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

V

Quote from: Balddragn on January 20, 2009, 07:21:34 PM
Since I have been doing so much of my shopping online I've had little reason to keep up on gun shows in my area, even though I've always enjoyed going. But now that I have a good reason to go, I'd be happy to man a table most anywhere in northern California.
Duly noted. Thanks for stepping up. I'll contact you later about the Sacramento gun show just before the April 18/19 shoot, set you up with flyers etc. I have the contacts to get you in on a free table, etc.

Cheers
V

BaldDragn

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

bob 210

Last call for the Costa Mesa Gun Show this weekend. If we can't find anybody to work the table Sunday, we won't be getting a table. This will be the last gun show before the upcoming Corona Appleseed March 7-8.