News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California Virtual Muster Here: 5:00-8:00pm PST

Started by V, February 02, 2010, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

V and BaldDragn will be here to answer any questions specific to California.

We want to use this opportunity to discuss how to get our shoot promoted better, get them staffed with instructors and shoot bosses, more ranges, more shoots at the ranges we have which are "onboard", etc.

Lets also take this opportunity to "animate and encourage each other" to make this year bigger and better than last year. Any ideas on how we can get communication flowing better, how to mentor and reach out to those IIT's who started out on the trail but who we have neglected? upset? lost? because we don't see/hear from them anymore? How can we improve retention?

Lets do some number crunching, look over the schedule here and here and see what ranges are missing from previous years, what new ranges we can get, how many instructors/IITs can we move up/recruit new this year to staff them. While your there see what shoots are not currently staffed and PM Instructor scheduling to get on those you can do.

IIT's if you haven't yet done it add your contact information on this thread.
Instructors add your contact information on this thread.

Everyone should be familiar with World of 210 and Beyond and monitor those boards at least. Use the notifiy button if you don't visit the forum frequently of find the volume too much, then you'll get email notification of when things happen on your boards only.

If you find any of the above links don't work for you check you have followed the procedures to get to the State Boards and that you are correctly listed at your right IIT or Instructor level.

Talk to y'all tonight.

Cheers
Phil "V"

Scout

Let me be the first to wish California well tonight. Thanks V for all the work you have put in on this. I appreciate it, and the humor you have kept while doing it. I wrote you a PM thanking you for the dry wit you sent me in a PM this week, but it got lost somewhere in "error 404" land.

I can not tell you all in California how much I appreciate what you guys are doing there. California hit the ground running and has never slowed down or looked back. I was so worried that somehow that might not happen, but when it did, I began to know we would win this battle and preserve our heritage, our history, our rights and freedoms.

Thanks Guys and best to you all tonight! O0
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

bob 210

Bob 210 checking in!  
  I want to welcome and thank all of you hearty CA volunteers. You have helped make CA a Shining bastion of Liberty in the Appleseed Program and an example of what can be done by Americans, once awake, alert, and effectively doused in the Heritage of our great country. Remember, Heritage is the glue that holds a country together and keeps it strong. Continue to carry the torch of Liberty in all that you do and look at this coming year as an opportunity to reach more and more Americans and pass on our Heritage! This will be another year of records made and records broken, so to carry on our CA tradition, we are setting a goal of 100 Appleseed events in our great state this year! We already have 66 events booked, so that we are more than halfway there. "If it is to happen, let it start here..." But we can't do it without the help of every CA IIT/Instructor and the future Instructors that each and every one of you will reach and embrace and place on the the path. Know that you are making a difference....and continue to do so!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

James E

polygunner

Hello fellow Californians and Appleseeders!
Checking in and ready to muster.
I'm looking foreward to tonights event.
Mike O0

BaldDragn

I'll be splitting time between here, the radio show and Nevada, but I'm here
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

V

I guess I shouldn't just lurk... I'm here and on the appleseedradio page as V4Vendetta (wouldn't let me have V). Is there a chat feature I'm missing there or is it just the leave comments box?

Anyway, welcome all, I guess we wait for the radio to start streaming, then post away and dial in...

Hey polygunner, long time no see. Good to hear from you.

Cheers
Phil

BaldDragn

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

V

Quote from: BaldDragn on February 02, 2010, 08:53:47 PM
I think once the sow starts chat will come up

I think Scouts a cattle farmer not pigs...  oh, you were talking about his show :D

hmm, that didn't come out right...

DesertDog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

BaldDragn

LOL .. Chat is open now, once I refreshed the page.

SAPPER STEEL!

Junior Birdman

Californians! Congrats on what you have accomplished! You guys have shown the way and done a superb job of "seedin". First state to hold 100 events in a year???  Yeah, it's not just possible, it's going to happen!

Lots of IITs out there who need to be "brung along" and lots of great Red Hats for them to look to for examples of how it's done. Thanks to all the folks who have stepped into the breech to build such a great program.

Keep on doing what you're doing and shine that light eastward!  JB
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Rocket Man

IIT Rocket Man, Pasadena, CA

Present, standing by, and mission capable.  See you all on the trail.   O0
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Jules

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Grandson of Liberty

checking in . . . briefly. Off to class tonight, unfortunately.

See you all on the trail.  O0
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

artkat2

artkat2 checking in from my mother in laws house! Why cuoldn't this be a physical muster!?
 JB, good to hear from you!
I'll be home in around 30-45 minutes to check in again and see what I've missed!
Andy
PCS# 805 704 5247
Home # 805 528 8600
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

V

Quote from: earthman92 on February 02, 2010, 09:07:51 PM
Earthman checking in...
Hi Earthman,

Can everyone post a quick summary of what area you are in, where you shot or heard about us, etc., so that we can all know. I feel really bad that things are getting so big I can't know everyone now... or even remember the people at events last year, so many shoots... :(

Welcome again.

polygunner

Wow lots of stuff going on. Can't keep up with the radio show, chat and forum. This is fun.
pg

DesertDog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

earthman92

V,
Sure, I'm from the Oceanside area. My son and I (Scott 1 and Scott 2) were at Dulzura this past weekend.
We were at a Ridgecrest Appleseed a year ago or so.

DesertDog

Quote from: earthman92 on February 02, 2010, 09:20:36 PM
V,
Sure, I'm from the Oceanside area. My son and I (Scott 1 and Scott 2) were at Dulzura this past weekend.

Earthman,

Was it you and your sone shooting Garands next to me in Ridgecrest??

JerryZ

V

V,

He was certainly shooting Garands this weekend, hi Scott... see I do know you, just putting names, faces and screen names together.... so tell me, your profile shows you registered back in 2007 is that right?

Everytime that garand went off the car alarm behind him went off bang, beep, beep, bang, clang, beep, beep,beep

its was funny

eaglescouter

I'm in the radio show, but norcal22gal can't get the audio to play...
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

earthman92

It could have been us, we were shooting Garands that day. What a great place to shoot!

DesertDog

Quote from: V on February 02, 2010, 09:25:31 PM
V,

He was certainly shooting Garands this weekend, hi Scott... see I do know you, just putting names, faces and screen names together.... so tell me, your profile shows you registered back in 2007 is that right?

Everytime that garand went off the car alarm behind him went off bang, beep, beep, bang, clang, beep, beep,beep

its was funny

V,

You should have been in Ridgecrest with me and my M1A next to them under the tin roof!!  That's what I called "good Noise"

funfaler

Hello California Appleseeders!

Looks like the Muster Night is going to be busy and an opportunity to network.

I tell ya, California is, with little doubt, the shining star of the Appleseed efforts, both being a leader of the program and generator of large numbers of quality people!

Back at the beginning of the CA program, ashamedly I admit, my thoughts were that the efforts within CA would be "good money after bad", boy, there is just no way to express how faulty that thought was.   After just a few moments at my first shoot in CA (April 19th, 2008), the heart and quality of the owners of CA was obvious.

The impressiveness with which you all have grasped the concept of waking up your fellow countrymen, sharing their heritage with them and motivating them to take up the tasks of preserving/passing on this heritage to the future generations, is awe inspiring.   A better quality, solidly grounded and rightfully minded group of Instructors and volunteers can not be found in the nation. 

Rest assured, you folks are doing Appleseed right, in a manner which should be imitated and duplicated nation wide.  The eyes of the nation naturally look to the West to see the trends.   Even though you all got a later start (2 years later), within a year you were at par, within 18 months, leading the nation of Appleseed.   

I have truly enjoyed my exposure and experiences with you all out there in California!   

Please, keep up the good work, your state and country are counting on you there to carry the water, sadly, CA traditionally carries some extra water for the rest of nation.  You all are capable!  Very Capable!   So, hold firm and lead on!

It has been a pleasure to get to know so many of you!   

Hope to see some of you in 2010.

Stacy/ff

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

singlethink

Another left coastie checking in from Davis, CA.  The wife and I shot Jan 23-24, 2010 in Sloughhouse, CA.  (Thanks so much BaldDragn, James E, and Nukechaser.)  We're excited about the program and looking for a way we can contribute.