News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California Virtual Muster Here: 5:00-8:00pm PST

Started by V, February 02, 2010, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artkat2

James E
 Just so you know, I have been blaming it all on you and Hollywood Marine!
A
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Marpat Pippi

Marpat Pippi checking in. Ditto below. Both IIT3s and have a shoot in Santa Barbara this weekend.
Quote from: Marpat Whittemore on February 02, 2010, 10:06:40 PM
Marpat Whittemore checking in
Shoot in Santa Barbara area
Been to Fresno RBC and Piru IBC

TrueGrit

My rifles are all cleaned, the jeep is full of gas and I have my sling hanging on my left bicep.

I'm also all out of bubble gum.
Esse Quam Videri~Latin for Better to be than to Appear

Old Glory!

CA wanna be here.... ^:)^

I hope to be able to attend a CA Appleseed in the near future.  

Good to "see" you FF.  I guess it is a "virtual" night, eh?
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

James E

Marpat Pippi

No. Just tellin my brother (singlethink) to sport the Family Surname
Quote from: NorCal22Gal on February 02, 2010, 10:08:49 PM
hey pippi, are you changing your name?

James E

Andy,

Its great to see you become involved in the program.  I think you will be working in SB next weekend.  Take care of my boy Mark, will be shooting on Sun. only, going for the patch.

Camljr

It is good to see some of my old Appleseed friends all in one place...
kinda reminds me of the olden days at BaldDragn's place !!!

Checking in... just got home. ..:..
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

DesertDog

Quote from: James E on February 02, 2010, 10:13:25 PM
Hi Laurie.  How are ya?

Jim,

talked to Chris last night.  We will DEFINITELY be doind KD in Minden
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

BaldDragn

Quote from: Camljr on February 02, 2010, 10:16:07 PM

Them good old days from last year
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

DesertDog

Cam is the king of the grill  O0
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

James E

James E

C'mon D-Dog and BD, I did OK with the ribs for you both!

Quote from: DesertDog on February 02, 2010, 10:17:19 PM

JerryZ

Quote from: LayloPro on February 02, 2010, 10:07:25 PM
31 for Illiconsin, where is California?

Still right here underfoot, as usual, ES..... **)

JB, FF, good to hear the sound of your sweet laughter again.....it wasn't quite the same without your posts'.... ^:)^

All, if Illi & Cheese land are combining to try & "show up somebody", who has the count on the Cal-Neva side?

I'm here, just dying....I'm pulling the plug to go to the pharmacy for a bit....stay tuned.....

And yeah....Hello to all our favorite folks here....Jerry, long time no see, we gotta fix that, man!!

LLP

Hello LayloPro

I had to clear the decks of some committments. I hope to see you at an Appleseed in the near future. Jerry

DragonWood

Hi Everyone!!
I am home sick battling a head cold so I can't fly....decided to see what this muster thing was about. Wanted to let y'all know that I was thinking about you guys. Heck, I thought maybe with all that rain that MT Appleseed was going to get washed away!!! :'(
I will be heading out to CA (PIRU) in March. Savage Shooter will be running the IBC and I will be there for the sun!! 8)
Recruit some new instructors and bring them to the IBC. For the current instructors come on out for a refresher before the April 19th weekend.
Keep up the great work in Cali!
See y'all in March!
DW
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

NorCal22Gal

ok. pippi....

CAM!!!hi there!!!

James...doing well and looking forward to march..I have a voice!!

artkat2

Quote from: James E on February 02, 2010, 10:15:41 PM
Andy,

Its great to see you become involved in the program.  I think you will be working in SB next weekend.  Take care of my boy Mark, will be shooting on Sun. only, going for the patch.

I'll be lookin' for him.
A
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

P51

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are... I'm from the government and I'm here to help. Ronald Reagan 40th President.

DesertDog

Quote from: James E on February 02, 2010, 10:18:47 PM

SOrry to leave you out.  The ribs you brought to my house were unbelievable!!

James E

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on February 02, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
ok. pippi....

CAM!!!hi there!!!

Laurie,

Looking forward to March also.  Maybe I can camp outside.  That way I don;t have to worry about Joe setting the clubhouse on fire.

James

dragonfly

Quote from: funfaler on February 02, 2010, 09:30:50 PM
Hello California Appleseeders!

Looks like the Muster Night is going to be busy and an opportunity to network.

I tell ya, California is, with little doubt, the shining star of the Appleseed efforts, both being a leader of the program and generator of large numbers of quality people!

Back at the beginning of the CA program, ashamedly I admit, my thoughts were that the efforts within CA would be "good money after bad", boy, there is just no way to express how faulty that thought was.   After just a few moments at my first shoot in CA (April 19th, 2008), the heart and quality of the owners of CA was obvious.

D-fly Keeping the Faith

The impressiveness with which you all have grasped the concept of waking up your fellow countrymen, sharing their heritage with them and motivating them to take up the tasks of preserving/passing on this heritage to the future generations, is awe inspiring.   A better quality, solidly grounded and rightfully minded group of Instructors and volunteers can not be found in the nation. 

Rest assured, you folks are doing Appleseed right, in a manner which should be imitated and duplicated nation wide.  The eyes of the nation naturally look to the West to see the trends.   Even though you all got a later start (2 years later), within a year you were at par, within 18 months, leading the nation of Appleseed.   

I have truly enjoyed my exposure and experiences with you all out there in California!   

Please, keep up the good work, your state and country are counting on you there to carry the water, sadly, CA traditionally carries some extra water for the rest of nation.  You all are capable!  Very Capable!   So, hold firm and lead on!

It has been a pleasure to get to know so many of you!   

Hope to see some of you in 2010.

Stacy/ff
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

ryantsg

RyanTSG checking in from work.

Everyone who has the time should check out the CastroVally shoot on Feb 20th. It is your chance to get to instruct/helpout at one of the main ranges that Mythbusters uses. Also if you have friends or family in the SF bay area it is an event that will be closer than Sacramento.

Ryan

BaldDragn

You're awesome

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

eaglescouter

Quote from: James E on February 02, 2010, 10:25:22 PM
Quote from: NorCal22Gal on February 02, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
ok. pippi....

CAM!!!hi there!!!

Laurie,

Looking forward to March also.  Maybe I can camp outside.  That way I don;t have to worry about Joe setting the clubhouse on fire.

James

But I've been practicing!
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

sespe

I almost have the time off for the IBC in March. 
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

dragonfly

California just has to be different, Viruel Muster **). While the rest of us have to be stuck in this Virtual Thing.

You guys are the best.

D-fly @) Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

V

Its that English spelling versus American... yeah that's what it is...

NorCal22Gal

^:)^James....hope we don't have that kinda weather!!!!we're abt to do another presentation at our tea party patriots in a week or so and have lots already excited for either march or april.  
NorCal

Camljr

Quote from: BaldDragn on February 02, 2010, 10:27:35 PM
You're awesome

James,

I am looking forward to trying some of your ribs... AND the KIMCHEE!!!!  an Appleseed tradition. O0

Hi, back at you Laurie!!!  and Joe!!!  Gotta make a road trip up north to see you guys again!!

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt