News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California Virtual Muster Here: 5:00-8:00pm PST

Started by V, February 02, 2010, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

V

Folks,

take some time to look over these two lists which Bob 210 maintains...

California Rifleman 162
California Instructors 79

Take the time, not necessarily right now, to reach out to people you know and recognize on these lists who haven't been around.

I don't want one or two of us to come across as badgering people to do stuff, I want us as a group to "animate and encourage each other" all the time.

If you are lurking out there don't feel you can't drop back in after a long gap. We all understand that everyone does what they can when they can, but lets all stay in contact...

Cheers
Phil

earthman92

Quote from: V on February 02, 2010, 09:25:31 PM
Quote from: earthman92 on February 02, 2010, 09:20:36 PM
V,
Sure, I'm from the Oceanside area. My son and I (Scott 1 and Scott 2) were at Dulzura this past weekend.
We were at a Ridgecrest Appleseed a year ago or so.

He was certainly shooting Garands this weekend, hi Scott... see I do know you, just putting names, faces and screen names together.... so tell me, your profile shows you registered back in 2007 is that right?

Everytime that garand went off the car alarm behind him went off bang, beep, beep, bang, clang, beep, beep,beep

its was funny

2007? Dang, it's been awhile.

DesertDog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

V

Welcome anytime Stacy. Drop in this April we'd love to have ya.

And JB as well! Been swotting up to keep flying I understand, are you back just for the muster or back in the saddle?

Jules

Good to see ya here Funfaler!

Quote from: funfaler on February 02, 2010, 09:30:50 PM
Hello California Appleseeders!

Looks like the Muster Night is going to be busy and an opportunity to network.

I tell ya, California is, with little doubt, the shining star of the Appleseed efforts, both being a leader of the program and generator of large numbers of quality people!

Back at the beginning of the CA program, ashamedly I admit, my thoughts were that the efforts within CA would be "good money after bad", boy, there is just no way to express how faulty that thought was.   After just a few moments at my first shoot in CA (April 19th, 2008), the heart and quality of the owners of CA was obvious.

The impressiveness with which you all have grasped the concept of waking up your fellow countrymen, sharing their heritage with them and motivating them to take up the tasks of preserving/passing on this heritage to the future generations, is awe inspiring.   A better quality, solidly grounded and rightfully minded group of Instructors and volunteers can not be found in the nation. 

Rest assured, you folks are doing Appleseed right, in a manner which should be imitated and duplicated nation wide.  The eyes of the nation naturally look to the West to see the trends.   Even though you all got a later start (2 years later), within a year you were at par, within 18 months, leading the nation of Appleseed.   

I have truly enjoyed my exposure and experiences with you all out there in California!   

Please, keep up the good work, your state and country are counting on you there to carry the water, sadly, CA traditionally carries some extra water for the rest of nation.  You all are capable!  Very Capable!   So, hold firm and lead on!

It has been a pleasure to get to know so many of you!   

Hope to see some of you in 2010.

Stacy/ff
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

NorCal22Gal

NorCal22Gal checking in...Northern California. Redding.  Hi all.
:)

Syntax Error

Checking in here...Santa Barbara.  8)

Appleseed shoot this week! Can't wait!

NorCal22Gal

oh yeah, i do have sound now.......am listening to the show...

Francis Marion

polygunner

eaglescouter

who's doing the count to ensure that California wins this muster?
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

NorCal22Gal

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

polygunner

Any plans in the works for a RBC in Ca in 2010?
I toying with the idea of going to Montana in Sept. but one in Ca would be nice too.
Anyone want to go to Montana with Lisa and I if it works out?

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

polygunner

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on February 02, 2010, 09:57:41 PM
hi poly gunner...how's it going?

Good.

We may be traveling up your way to attend an Appleseed with Lisa's Dad and step mom.
We're working on them now. (It won't be hard).

James E

NorCal22Gal

polygunner, you and lisa are very welcome up our way! 

Hey James
Hey BD and Jules!

V

Quote from: polygunner on February 02, 2010, 09:59:15 PM
Any plans in the works for a RBC in Ca in 2010?
Is the California Bear Catholic? Does the Pope.... family program, family program.

Don't have the dates yet, Bob 210 is working them.

Marpat Whittemore

Marpat Whittemore checking in
Shoot in Santa Barbara area
Been to Fresno RBC and Piru IBC
More Cowbell

artkat2

Hey funfaler, nice to hear your voice!
 I'm in Los Osos, SLO county. After PIRU-11-09, I'll be working my first Appleseed as an IIT this weekend in Santa Barbara.
 Can't wait to get on the road and meet some you guys!
Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Marpat Pippi

Make that Marpat Singlethink.  ;) ^:)^
Quote from: singlethink on February 02, 2010, 09:34:35 PM
Another left coastie checking in from Davis, CA.  The wife and I shot Jan 23-24, 2010 in Sloughhouse, CA.  (Thanks so much BaldDragn, James E, and Nukechaser.)  We're excited about the program and looking for a way we can contribute.

LayloPro

31 for Illiconsin, where is California?

Still right here underfoot, as usual, ES..... **)

JB, FF, good to hear the sound of your sweet laughter again.....it wasn't quite the same without your posts'.... ^:)^

All, if Illi & Cheese land are combining to try & "show up somebody", who has the count on the Cal-Neva side?

I'm here, just dying....I'm pulling the plug to go to the pharmacy for a bit....stay tuned.....

And yeah....Hello to all our favorite folks here....Jerry, long time no see, we gotta fix that, man!!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

NorCal22Gal

sespe

Hi V, Hi everybody, I'm here near Piru.  It's my turn to chase the kids around the house tonight, so I'll be in and out.
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

NorCal22Gal

Johnnyappleseed

Hi Everyone,
Johnnyappleseed checking in here!!!
Ive made a couple calls to remind some who are not here yet
Great seeing you all.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

BaldDragn

Yes we will be having IBCs in NorCal, the only question is, How far is "Up our way?"
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!