News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California Virtual Muster Here: 5:00-8:00pm PST

Started by V, February 02, 2010, 03:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

singlethink

Quote from: James E on February 02, 2010, 10:56:05 PM
I just want to say:

I am so thankful for the friends (really brothers and sisters) that I have gained in the last year.  I admire you all so much.

Some of you know how easily I choke up talking about some of this stuff.  It's like that now.  It's been a privilege to know and volunteer with each of you.  The words "thank you" are entirely inadequate.

James

If the measure of the average appleseeder is anything like those we met at our first shoot, I can't wait to meet more!

Romeo's Hero

Hey all I just got home and in signing in for the V. muster. I am going to go back and read so of the previous posts.
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

NorCal22Gal

Greetings Romeo's Hero!! How's it going?

NorGal22Gal

jacques

Yeah,

Calguns has set up Chapters now in the different areas in Ca.

I have been in contact with the leader for this area. We may get a Calguns Members Appleseed going here soon. Gotta work on the details and the range. The guy in charge was talking about having it as an informal type of free thing. At an open range (glass factory). I have to talk to him more. It is too dangerous at those free for all ranges, there is no control, and the $75 is really not the cost that is prohibitive, it is the ammo cost. So I am working with them to set one up later this year so people can store up ammo and prepare.

There are now Calguns Chapters in all areas of California. This sort of shoot can be done all over Ca.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

SavageShootr

Quote from: artkat2 on February 02, 2010, 11:17:43 PM
Quote from: V on February 02, 2010, 11:11:19 PM
So as well as the fun stuff (805)! make sure we all checkout out the schedule and sign up and lets get more shooters and more ranges for 2010. 100 is the target.

Cheers
V!
Bob210 is still working on SLO for 17-18 Apr, they won't talk to me about it. Otherwise I'll be down there with you savageshooter and Dano!
A

artkat  it is done  there will be an event there.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

TrueGrit

Quote from: jacques on February 02, 2010, 11:23:16 PM
Yeah,

I have been in contact with the leader for this area. We may get a Calguns Members Appleseed going here soon. Gotta work on the details and the range. The guy in charge was talking about having it as an informal type of free thing. At an open range (glass factory). I have to talk to him more. It is too dangerous at those free for all ranges, there is no control, and the $75 is really not the cost that is prohibitive, it is the ammo cost. So I am working with them to set one up later this year so people can store up ammo and prepare.

There are now Calguns Chapters in all areas of California. This sort of shoot can be done all over Ca.

Are there any in Fresno?
Esse Quam Videri~Latin for Better to be than to Appear

SavageShootr

Quote from: SavageShootr on February 02, 2010, 11:23:35 PM
So as well as the fun stuff (805)! make sure we all checkout out the schedule and sign up and lets get more shooters and more ranges for 2010. 100 is the target.

Cheers
V!
Bob210 is still working on SLO for 17-18 Apr, they won't talk to me about it. Otherwise I'll be down there with you savageshooter and Dano!
A

It will be posted tomorrow
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

jacques

Quote from: TrueGrit on February 02, 2010, 11:27:22 PM
Quote from: jacques on February 02, 2010, 11:23:16 PM
Yeah,

Are there any in Fresno?

Yes, that area anyway
Two Words-Meriams Corner

LibertyMinded

Hi All,

Checking in, just got home from work. I have some catch up reading to do.

LibertyMinded
Debbie

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Romeo's Hero

Quote from: TrueGrit on February 02, 2010, 10:12:21 PM
My rifles are all cleaned, the jeep is full of gas and I have my sling hanging on my left bicep.

I'm also all out of bubble gum.

True Grit

good to hear from you here. I have been thinking about you and your family a lo. I still want to send you a PM in response to your questions I haven't forgotten, and I have no excuse for not getting it done.

We look forward to seeing you in Fresno soon.

Juliette
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

Romeo's Hero

Quote from: DragonWood on February 02, 2010, 10:19:52 PM
Hi Everyone!!
I am home sick battling a head cold so I can't fly....decided to see what this muster thing was about. Wanted to let y'all know that I was thinking about you guys. Heck, I thought maybe with all that rain that MT Appleseed was going to get washed away!!! :'(
I will be heading out to CA (PIRU) in March. Savage Shooter will be running the IBC and I will be there for the sun!! 8)
Recruit some new instructors and bring them to the IBC. For the current instructors come on out for a refresher before the April 19th weekend.
Keep up the great work in Cali!
See y'all in March!
DW

DW -

I have missed you, hope your feeling better soon.

Has your son made it to CA yet. We look forward to welcoming him to our Cali Appleseed family.

Juliette

LayloPro

TG!! Dude,

Been wondering where you had gone off to....
Have you been practicing? getting the trigger finger & SHF's squared away? Working your cadence?

All these good things..... ;)
Hope to chat with you again soon....anybody who can quote Duke Nukem is A-OK in my book!! O0

And Debbie! Hi!! Glad to see you made it! Check the reading quickly, there's a -lot- of folks in Cali that are here tonight it seems.....

ASM, when did we descend on your place, walk in and demand chips?? I'll bet you didn't even bring any salsa of your own, did ya?? ~~:)
Yeah, you -need- to stop by another one of my shoots, buddy.....the bat will be there!! &)
And bring your PC's, already!! @&)

To all my other brothers & sisters in arms here, "Howdy!" Good to "see" you all here....it's been longer than I had realized......of course, here, when a month goes by, there's so much going on that it seems like a year in the "regular world"......maybe cuz we're busy.....ya think? :D

All righty guys, I'm gonna go dose myself now & see if I can actually get some rest.....we'll be in touch at -some- point in the next couple of months....
Be well.
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Romeo's Hero

Hey All!

I saw some questions and comments about how to make things better in our state. One thing that is in the works is a coordination of all IITs and Instructors for California.

So, CA instructors over the next few weeks please expect a call/PM from me to update your contact and local range information. If you don't hear from me or would like to be preemptive please PM with your info.

I look forward to talking with you all.

-Juliette

SavageShootr

Romeo's Hero

Quote from: SavageShootr on February 02, 2010, 11:58:18 PM
Hi RH

Nice to see you...

SS

Good to see you too.  8)  how are thing going in your part of the state.

artkat2

Cheers
V!
A

Well, I guess I'll have to find another opportunity to work with you and V...now to get on the horn to Instructor Scheduling!
A
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

SavageShootr

Quote from: Romeo's Hero on February 03, 2010, 12:02:34 AM
Quote from: SavageShootr on February 02, 2010, 11:58:18 PM
Hi RH

Nice to see you...

SS

Good to see you too.  8)  how are thing going in your part of the state.

things are great here  Thanks so much, how about there?

bob 210

Cheers
V!
A

I just nailed it down today! It will be at the Hogue Range!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

polygunner

WOW that was the best time I've ever had sitting at my computer!
Hope we do it again soon.
See you on the trail all.
pg

TrueGrit

Quote from: Romeo's Hero on February 02, 2010, 11:39:13 PM
Quote from: TrueGrit on February 02, 2010, 10:12:21 PM
My rifles are all cleaned, the jeep is full of gas and I have my sling hanging on my left bicep.

I'm also all out of bubble gum.

True Grit

good to hear from you here. I have been thinking about you and your family a lo. I still want to send you a PM in response to your questions I haven't forgotten, and I have no excuse for not getting it done.

We look forward to seeing you in Fresno soon.

Juliette

No worries there friend, my questions were answered by others here in the forum...

I am certain you are busy and just wanted to say thanks to you again for all your kindness, that was our first appleseed when we met you.

SavageShootr

Quote from: artkat2 on February 03, 2010, 12:08:56 AM

Cheers
V!
A

Well, I guess I'll have to find another opportunity to work with you and V...now to get on the horn to Instructor Scheduling!
A

I thought we would lose you to that event ... You are needed there.

SS

V

Well folks, I think the organizers want us to lock the topics now while they count the muster totals.... silly boys and their games... but what the heck, illinois is still posting, let them lock it if they dare, I doubt they have the courage... so I've unlocked it again. So flog me.

If anything crucial in here start another topic and continue.

Thanks to everyone both here and on the radio show. That was fun.

Cheers
Phil

TrueGrit

Quote from: LayloPro on February 02, 2010, 11:48:15 PM
TG!! Dude,

Been wondering where you had gone off to....
Have you been practicing? getting the trigger finger & SHF's squared away? Working your cadence?

All these good things..... ;)
Hope to chat with you again soon....anybody who can quote Duke Nukem is A-OK in my book!! O0

Right on LLP, I'm still working on my MBA and am very busy trying to make a living and go to school.

I bought a DPMS Dissipator upper and found that extending that fron sight out really helps me, my standing and sitting groups are all in the "Red", on a certain target.

Dry fire exercises and thinking follow through are paying off. Thanks for asking by the way.  :)

I'm looking forward to bringing Brielle again, I put a set of fancy sights for like seventy bucks on her 10/22 rifle, the 8 year old girl hit the 1x1 square on a Red coat target, twice.

Best Regards,

Russel

LayloPro

Cool deal, buddy! Keep racking 'em in there, you'll get it!

Sight radius can be a beautiful thing, I hear ya.....Dry fire can also be the push that will help you crest the top.....

I'm personally amazed at the stock sights on most "garden variety" rifles....how -anyone- can hit anything with them amazes me......but then I look at my old 1939 Remmie bolt tuber, and recall just how deadly accurate that silly thing is, and wonder....was it me, or the gun? And you know in yoru heart it's the gun, cuz it -sure- couldn't be you...... #) **) ++)

Be well, buddy, and cruise in more often......I've enjoyed "talking" w/ you.... O0
TTYS, & God bless.

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.