News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman's Boot Camp - How many would be interested?

Started by hornblower, May 04, 2010, 11:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Martin,
I will likely bring a travel trailer and also have a nice tent and lots of cooking gear / coolers, etc. You are a valued instructor in the Florida chapter and if you want to go - we'll make it happen. You can camp for free, eat cheap, and use a 22 for most of the shooting. He who wears the orange hat in advance of this RBC will be given special treatment. Also, no RWVA fee for any instructors who have previously attended a paid IBC / RBC and that's you, so sounding like you are in like Flynn my friend. Better re-work that math. :)
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

hornblower

The registration form for the December RBC is now available from the main page under Rifleman Bootcamp Schedule and info 2010 and then 2010 Myakka City, FL Rifleman Boot Camp Information

It sounds like a fabulous venue, albeit not inexpensive.

Just a heads up, as you have to look for this.

hornblower

Our website shows that 7 people have signed up for the RBC to be held at Rocky Creek in December.

There seemed to be great interest as evidenced by the number of responses to this thread since I first posted it in September.

I would be interested in knowing why more people are not signing up.

It would seem that the cost is a big factor in the low number of those signed up.

Today is November 4, and we have about 5 weeks to go until the RBC.

It might be helpful to those responsible for these events, if they could get feedback from those who cannot or do not want to attend.

Thank you.

Heimdhal

Quote from: hornblower on November 04, 2010, 10:21:11 PM
Our website shows that 7 people have signed up for the RBC to be held at Rocky Creek in December.

There seemed to be great interest as evidenced by the number of responses to this thread since I first posted it in September.

It would seem that the cost is a big factor in the low number of those signed up.

It might be helpful to those responsible for these events, if they could get feedback from those who cannot or do not want to attend.

Thank you.

I would love to make it, but cost, as you mentioned is my biggest factor.  I can get the time off work, thats no big deal, but the cost of the range fees + the cost of the IBC itself + lodging and meals would just put me too far over the edge.  I could swing a few of those individualy, but not all of them together.

Then add in the ammount of ammo we'd go through, thats a whole other cost.  End of the day, you're looking at well over $400 for the week and thats a good chunk of my weekly pay check right now.  From talking privatley with others, I know a few are in a similar boat, which is why many of us were pushing for a 2 day KD appleseed for rifleman as an inbetween of the regular AS and a RBC.

Also, my only centerfire rifles either would be REALLY pushing their limits at 500 yards, or are bolt actions and that just wouldnt be any fun on the timed portions, lol.  :-[

Maybe next year  :---

theri

Quote from: Heimdhal on November 04, 2010, 10:46:23 PM
Quote from: hornblower on November 04, 2010, 10:21:11 PM

Thank you.

I would love to make it, but cost, as you mentioned is my biggest factor.  I can get the time off work, thats no big deal, but the cost of the range fees + the cost of the IBC itself + lodging and meals would just put me too far over the edge.  I could swing a few of those individualy, but not all of them together.

Then add in the ammount of ammo we'd go through, thats a whole other cost.  End of the day, you're looking at well over $400 for the week and thats a good chunk of my weekly pay check right now.  From talking privatley with others, I know a few are in a similar boat, which is why many of us were pushing for a 2 day KD appleseed for rifleman as an inbetween of the regular AS and a RBC.

Also, my only centerfire rifles either would be REALLY pushing their limits at 500 yards, or are bolt actions and that just wouldnt be any fun on the timed portions, lol.  :-[

Maybe next year  :---

I have the same cost concerns as well as a problem with a week off from work that close to the holidays. 

I am definitely intersted in a 2 day KD clinic and believe that I could swing attending that as long as it was held in Florida or Georgia.

theri
Whiskey Tango 9