News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Table at York Gun show Apr 30-May 2

Started by mooney, March 26, 2010, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooney

Apr 30-May 2 PA York, York Fairgrounds, 1200 tbls $90 Appalachian Promotions

KDan and Josey Wells are getting a table for this show, who wants to help man the table for the 3 days?

Let KDan know and post here if you are helping so we all know who's going to be coming.

Thanks,

Mooney
Mooney

Big H

I will help.

Checklist- done / to-do :

• Big RWVA banner
  • Flags
  • Poles for above
  • M-1 rifle
  • 10/22 LTR
  • rifle racks for above
  • CMP catalogs
  • SWAT and Dillon reprints
  • Brochures
  • Listings of regional shoots
  • RWVA membership applications
  • Stands for above
  • Before and after low and high scoring AQT and Redcoats (Big H) and Dog target
  • Laptop to show AS photos slideshow

Post if you can bring the above or if you have constructive promotional ideas. I will keep the list updated.

Sie

I should be able to help on the weekend days, May 1-2.  I'm not sure about Friday.
"Ramseur 2-10!"

kDan

Checklist-
done / to-do :

• Big RWVA banner
working on this - suggestions?
  • Flags
I have
  • Poles for above
need
  • M-1 rifle
Josey has
  • 10/22 LTR
I have, but bring more!
  • rifle racks for above
could use
  • CMP catalogs
need
  • SWAT and Dillon reprints
I have
  • Brochures
Need
  • Listings of regional shoots
Will print
  • RWVA membership applications
I have
  • Stands for above
?Que?
  • Before and after low and high scoring AQT and Redcoats (Big H) and Dog target
I'll grab some at 4/17-18, maybe others can too.
  • Laptop to show AS photos slideshow
good idea, I'm not good at this...  anyone... anyone?  I do have a laptop.  a cd would work
[/list]

Anybody got a place to crash near-by?  A backyard is fine.  I like my tent.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Sie

I grabbed a handful of Dog targets (for Pennsylvania shoots) when I was at the Ramseur ["2-10!"] RBC last month.  I can get one mounted on some poster-board for the gun show.  I also have a laptop and could put together some kind of slide show/movie presentation that we could loop at the table.

With regards to a place to stay, I live just under 65 miles away in Kennett Square, PA (right next to Longwood Gardens).  I was planning to commute to York each day for the show.  You and Josey are welcome to stay at my place.  I have two spare bedrooms and a finished basement, including guest bathrooms and a shower.  You will need your sleeping bags, though.  I donated my spare beds and bedroom furniture last summer for tax purposes.  I would say you could bring Blue, but I have two pitbulls of my own, and one of them is kind of ornery. My wife can make breakfast, too!
"Ramseur 2-10!"

Big H

Quote from: Sie on March 30, 2010, 11:01:52 AM
I grabbed a handful of Dog targets (for Pennsylvania shoots) when I was at the Ramseur ["2-10!"] RBC last month.  I can get one mounted on some poster-board for the gun show.  I also have a laptop and could put together some kind of slide show/movie presentation that we could loop at the table.
If you have a color printer and can print some 8.5x11" photos of happy kids and women and men at AS mounted on posterboard, that would draw in passers-by
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11179.0   AS kids
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8934.0  Van Etten, NY
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11006.0   kids and 80 y.o. Dangerous Woman in Carlsbad, NM
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10560.0   Adaptive AS

kDan

I reserved the table.  The set-up starts on Thursday, but we won't need to be there until Friday morning as we are a simple set-up and tables are pre-assigned so there is no advantage.  I asked if it's cool to get there early to engage in horse trading and was told that it's mostly work on thurs.  Big Show.  It opens at 12 noon on Friday.

Sie, thanks for the crash pad.  I will take you up on that for at least Friday night and possibly Sat depending on how things are going with the table watch.  I can't speak for Josey, but I will probably speak with him later today or at least this week-end.

As far as what we'll have and what everybody should bring, let's see how that conversation plays out on this thread.  Anybody talk to Frank or Chainsaw about this yet?  Love to have their help.  Also, VAshooter is not too far and likes to take trips sometimes - maybe I can get him.  It would be great to have some books for sale too, like Boston's or whatever.  Nothing too political.

I have done nothing about a banner.  Anybody got any news about that?  There's an instructor in NYS with one.  I will reach out to him soon if need be, but it would be great to get our own for PA.  Mooney?
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Big H

Quote from: kDan on April 01, 2010, 12:26:12 PM
I have done nothing about a banner.  Anybody got any news about that?  There's an instructor in NYS with one.  I will reach out to him soon if need be, but it would be great to get our own for PA.  Mooney?
Riflemen adapt, improvise, overcome. We're a volunteer shoestring operation out to save America- we're already having a hard time finding the pennies to pay for the table. If we don't have a professionally printed banner, we'll draw our own sign on posterboard!

We'll need to make a stand for our flags and posterboards and targets to grab attention. Probably 1.5" PVC and hacksaw, clamps and scrap wood to affix to the table, and bungees.
http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.com/Portals/0/images/YorkGunShow/YorkGunShow.JPG
http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.com/Portals/0/images/YorkGunShow/YorkGunShow6.JPG
http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.com/Portals/0/images/YorkGunShow/YorkGunShow5.JPG

kDan,

• can you find out if there are specific event rules about sign size/height/location?
  • How long is our table?
  • Is it along a wall or in the middle?
  • Will we have electrical plugs, or are we running on laptop battery?

lprgcfrank

Guys - I'll be in SC bringing my daughter home from College that weekend...
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Frontsight

Guys - I can possibly show up for a day at the Gun Show.  I do have an M1 Garand and an M1A that I can loan for the whole show for demo purposes.  I'll be seeing some of you over the big weekend here shortly and can always get my stuff to Sie if need be.

Frontsight

kDan

kDan,

• can you find out if there are specific event rules about sign size/height/location?
  • How long is our table?
  • Is it along a wall or in the middle?
  • Will we have electrical plugs, or are we running on laptop battery?

We will not know where our table is, but I will ask about display variables and electricity.  I agree with regard to the cost of the banner.  We don't need to have it, but it's something to look forward to if we're gonna do this again.  If I can borrow one, I will.  I think they cost about $100 to have made.  I work queens, the sign capital of the world as far as I can tell, but can't float the cash this month.

Vashooter says he'll try to come up for a day as well.  

Here is a file for a banner for anybody who doesn't know what we mean.  Ideally something that is  like 5' x 3' and made of vinyl or something like that.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

Looks like I should be able to come down Thursday afternoon, meet up with Josey and help set up. Probably stay until Sat PM.
Where are we at with the check list needs?

There will be another table at this same show with some AS stuff maned by Nut Farmer and Mark?. They will also be selling whatever people sell at gun shows. So it works out good to have two separate tables, with one just AS stuff.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

R1SGx2

QuoteBig RWVA banner
working on this - suggestions?

Kdan,
Josey has it in hand, received it Thursday. PVC tubing to make table mount and a couple of C-Clamps is all you need.
STAND CLEAR-THEY ARE SEVEN STEPPING
GOOD LUCK..... O0 O0 O0 ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Sie

I can be there all three days.  I spoke with Josey this afternoon.  I think his plan as of now is to crash at my place Thursday night and we will travel to York Friday morning to set up.  I'm looking forward to hanging out for a weekend with you guys at one of the east coast's best gun shows.
"Ramseur 2-10!"

Josey Wales

Ok, I am making the PVC thing today, I have the banner, I have a slide show with 250 pictures(1 with Kdan clean shaved, who ever picks him out wins a prize), I have sone books for display, I have a m1garand, a 1903a3, a 10/22 LTR and ofcourse a 1000 brochures....
..b9 you can meet me in York PA Friday morning@ 9am set up time we will have three hours for set up the doors open to the show at noon Friday......JW.....
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

B9

Quote from: Josey Wales on April 26, 2010, 07:42:04 AM
Ok, I am making the PVC thing today, I have the banner, I have a slide show with 250 pictures(1 with Kdan clean shaved, What? Your kidding, right? Last time I saw that he was an IIT! Is it on VHS tape? who ever picks him out wins a prize), I have sone books for display, I have a m1garand, a 1903a3, a 10/22 LTR and ofcourse a 1000 brochures....
..b9 you can meet me in York PA Friday morning@ 9am set up time we will have three hours for set up the doors open to the show at noon Friday  Roger that, 9am Friday, York PA.......JW.....

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Josey Wales

..to be fair B9, I found it in your photobucket, while I was adding photos to the slide show I made Sunday. For all I know you snapped it..
.. Glad you will be in PA this weekend!!... Maybe Nut Farmer will have a M1a for sale?......JW.....

Spanner

It is beginning to look like I can't/shouldn't commit to a time slot, but it is still possible I may be able to swing by without advance warning.

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

mooney

I'm still working out my work schedule, but may be there Sat morning if I can pull it off. What does it cost to get in? If needed I have t-shirts, SWAT articles, targets, and some extra challenge coins.

I'm 30 minutes from the fairgrounds, so if you all need something last minute I might be able to play gofer if I'm not working.

Mooney
Mooney

Josey Wales

..It is $8 to get in we should get 4 passes for the 3 days, the show is Fri 12-5, Sat & Sun all day, the table is going to cost $160 for the weekend, $90 for the table and $70 for the electric.. Thats the price....If anyone feels complelled to contribute to the cost feel free, as of now it is just Kdan and Myself..
..The PVC frame is ready and able, the slide show is ready too..Hope to see as many Appleseed Friends & Family as possible.....

R1SGx2

J.W.
We try to pass the passes to others here to get in when doing shows, if someone works Saturday and not Sunday, we pass the pass to who will be there Sunday, $8 is $8.
Would love the slide show if could be used up here at our shows.
Good luck at the show. with you guys...
Brothers with and on a mission...

Big H

Quote from: Josey Wales on April 28, 2010, 12:40:53 PM
..It is $8 to get in we should get 4 passes for the 3 days, the show is Fri 12-5, Sat & Sun all day, the table is going to cost $160 for the weekend, $90 for the table and $70 for the electric.. Thats the price....If anyone feels complelled to contribute to the cost feel free, as of now it is just Kdan and Myself..

I will chip in.

334 Carlisle Ave
York, PA 17404
April 30, May 1, 2-  SAR Show
Parking is Free

Current list of confirmed workers:

Fri- Set-up at 9am, show noon-8pm: Sie, Josey Wales. From noon on: PowderHorn.
Sat- 9-5: Sie, Josey Wales, Big H
Sun- 9-3: Sie, Chainsaw, Frontsight

Possible unconfirmed:
Mooney Sat am
Spanner
kDan
VAshooter
You! come on by and help recruit for AS! Enjoy spending time with fellow Appleseeders!

We also should figure out which shoots to promote. Manheim. Annapolis. Slippery Rock/Tim Murphy. Slippery Rock SC. Beaver Falls. Chambersburg (dates N/A yet, July and Sept tentative).
Any Va, WV, NY, OH shoots we should promote?

Chainsaw

Do we have a plan for raffles.  Someone posted that it's nice to give away things (T's etc) throughout the day so Appleseed is mentioned on the pa.  I'm not sure if that will work there, just a thought.

Nick, maybe I should bring my own banner stand.  You weren't planning on leaving it were you?  It might be pricey to ship back to you.  Send me the size of the banner, so I can get started.

Chainsaw
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

PowderHorn

Looks like you guys have things well planned and staff lined up!  I will be there for opening on Friday and stay if I am needed. Looking forward to meeting others in AS! Any items still needed please let me know I will try and help, including contributing toward the show expenses.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington (1732-1799)
1st President of the United States, Member of the Second Continental Congress, Commander in Chief of the Continental Army

Josey Wales

..the stand will stay the whole weekend, you do not have to ship it back to me, please, do not bother making another, whats mine is yours (well somethings anyway!).. I like the raffle idea.....keep in touch...................JW

......PowderHorn....see you at the show Friday.............................

Big H

Raffle for T-shirts is a good idea- let's ask for an announcement every 2 hours on the P.A.
Everyone bring pens/pencils and paper (also duct tape for general purpose repairs) - we'll cut paper into small strips, people write their name as they come by the table, every 2 hours we pick a winner.

I've attached an AS schedule for May-Sep for PA/VA/MD/OH/WV/NY- please print and bring copies.

Big H

Here are flyers for some nearby Appleseeds within 300 miles of York. Everyone please print and bring a bunch of copies.

Manheim, PA  (30  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11142.0;attach=18853

Van Etten, NY  (200  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11097.0;attach=18711

Mechanicsville, VA  (200  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11303.0;attach=19172

Montpelier, VA  (200  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12170.0;attach=20580

Beaver Falls, PA  (260  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11141.0;attach=20578

Slippery Rock/Tim Murphy, PA  (260  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12169.0;attach=20577

Slippery Rock/SC, PA  (260  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13391.0;attach=24463

Burlington Flats, NY  (280  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10088.0;attach=19155

Albion, NY  (300  miles from York)
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9887.0;attach=21831

R1SGx2

What happened, I know you guys are tired from travel, you were in my thoughts all weekend. New York moves into Pa to help, Sweet Team work.  ..:..Hope you can post some pictures, wanna see that picture of Kdan with out beard. Bet his puppy wouldn't know him. When Kdan left Saratoga last September, the flea count up here went down. **)

Chainsaw

We'll see...   We raised the Appleseed profile a little bit, but time will tell whether that will translate to increase numbers on the firing line.

!!! Banner Mailed!!!

PS  You should have seen the Tommy Gun collection
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo