News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Page of Pictures

Started by Western Rose, January 07, 2010, 02:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

I've seen a lot of pictures of Juniors at Appleseeds in After Action Reports. Here's a special spot just for them. :cool2:
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

Here are a few.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

desertrat144

Absolutely great!  Those kids smiles speak volumes!  O0 O0
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

A child teaching another child to shoot.  What more could you ask for?

Sierra was a really good listener and she stuck though it till the end of saturday and came back on sunday and she even gave me a braclet she made and said she had a lot of fun and that she wants to come to another one. She was a sweet girl and i hope to see her again soon! :D O0

A child teaching another child to shoot.  What more could you ask for?
Guns don't kill people, people kill people!!!

Chris_H

That's great to see .5!

At Corona, CA this weekend, Hannah & Sydney got to try the laser blaster out to see NPOA a little better...

Western Rose

Great picture .5! Fun memories as well.

Thanks, guys.

Here's one of two juniors doing ball and dummy.

50th Appleseed

dart67eb

Here are some pics from the North Little Rock Jan 16-17 2010 event. A 14 yr old IIT (gunner09) and a 10 yr old that shot 201 and won Parker's Revenge
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

TaosGlock

Here are a few more from NM. The first is from Alb the rest are from Raton:

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

GoldFish

Here are some pix from an AS shoot in Athens, OH on Sept. 12-13.  
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Another D.O.M.

From Bennington VT April 17 & 18 2010:

Pat showing off his crossed-ankle sitting form.

Our 'designated sniper' shoots a 199 w/ bi-pod!

...and he's getting an early start on learning The History
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

GoldFish

Here are some children shooting and getting their youth AS patches on April 18, 2010.  Great job guys!
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

Western Rose

50th Appleseed

Dougum

How 'bout a video. These were taken at my house and I was using a small tea light and some left over hairspray from Halloween. Throw in a Savage Mark II and some CCI Stingers and it makes FUN in the least. The link will take you to my Flip Share Account. From there you will be able to see the wonderful cans. Enjoy!

http://www.flipshare.com/view.aspx?nRecipient=NWNjNTFlMTYtZWZiMC00MDk4LTk1ZjYtYzQyY2FhMjcwYmZk
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Slarti

Here's my favorite!   ;D
-- Slarti
OHR93

The Kid

This was from a Girl Scout Seed we did at Ramseur.  We let the best shooters try their hand at some of the larger rifles and they certainly enjoyed it as the smile shows.
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

techres

My daughters right after a seed day having fun:

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Evenstar

Came across a couple to add. :)

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

From around...

50th Appleseed

splaticus

Rachelle (age six) shooting with Western Rose coaching.  (Moxee Nov, 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ev6aRt44Ow
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Marpat Pippi

A few pics of my cousins little girls and the other kids at one of our seeds in Cali.

Cooper

This page is at the heart of Appleseed: our Nation's posterity.

Thank you Western Rose!  [insert smiley with Big Smile and a Tear of Joy]

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

GoldFish

Good stuff!  Thanks for posting. O0

splaticus

Five year old Liam learning to shoot prone at the Lewiston Appleseed in Jan. 2011.  Thanks for the great instruction Western Rose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0MKRVImkg
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

dragit

Davilla, TX
My daughter
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

TuckerUT

My son at the Kaysville, UT shoot 3-26-11

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

JustJeff

Gunner J being helped by his dad at the Levelland Tx shoot on 2 April 2011
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

PHenry

TG,
Funny, that range looks sooo familiar.  :cool2:

I sent the pic of the girl in the yellow hearing protection next to her stage one target to most of the people in my addy book, as I have seen "her" so many  times. I included the following:

The Future of Liberty
In case you wonder what it looks like, or why I do what I do for Project Appleseeds.

I came across this pic on the Appleseeds forum today and it made me grin, 'cause I've seen "her" so many times myself. The target pictured is shot from the standing position with no support at 25M. Most of her shots are in a group of about 1", and right in the center. In simple terms that means she shoots better than I do, and I shoot better than most Americans. I wish that meant something, but it doesn't, because most Americans have abandoned the time-honored tradition of marksmanship - a skill most perishable, and the one that guarantees that she will grow up with the same Freedoms that we all take for granted every day. You see, a nation of Riflemen will always be free, because a Rifleman understands the value of Liberty and the price paid for it so long ago.

Come out to an event and find out what makes America unique the world over.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Western Rose

As Leonidas said in another thread, the majority of our events are shooting events. However we have started a new program to teach the history of April 19th in public places, sans shooting. We teach the history of April 19th at the shooting events as well.

50th Appleseed

NewMOe

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the