News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Table at York Gun show Apr 30-May 2

Started by mooney, March 26, 2010, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..It was Glorious to stand in front of our table and hand a passer buy an AS brochure, and say, "Would you like a brochure on the Appleseed Project? We are not selling anything, just trying to win the hearts and minds of our fellow Americans." That would catch their attention and they would look over at our table set up, the same set up they would have passed bye, if we were not out in the front to make them aware...
..Then, I felt the peoples appreciation for us, and when in discussion with folks there was a positive response. Lots of hand shaking and, "I am glad to see you guys here, good luck and we need people like you!"..
..That was enough for me to feel that I would do it again, 1200 tables and a lot of people looking for something. I believe we have what it is they need, hope, inspiration, information, history and good people not afraid to work hard for a meaningful cause..
..To win the hearts and minds is a slow methodical undertaking and I expect no quick results, I just keep my head down and try to win over one person at a time on the old world value system, and I hope some day when I do look up I will see a mass of good people so huge that I know our work has paid off..
..Until then..................Strength & Honor.......................Join or Die...................................Respectfully, Josey Wales.....................

.............pictures to follow................................................................................................

..On the other hand, I would like to put out a personal thank you to.. Sie, Pam, Big H, Chainsaw, Kdan, R1sgx2, Mooney, Frontsight, & B9.. It is a pleasure to work with such fine folk that know what they are about...........Thank you........................................JW................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Josey Wales

..some photos..

R1SGx2

Nice pictures, gave me a few ideas, you guys are BOSS. Nice seven stepping. 1200 tables and to be among them SWEET. JOB WELL DONE, I SALUTE YA'S.  O0

QuotePS  You should have seen the Tommy Gun collection
:~ :---
Sad, but not in New York

Here for ya's if you think I can help.

Thanx for sharing. See ya's on the trail.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

..Thanks for lending us the banner R1sgx2.. It made for a great presentation.  Hope to see you at Lake George in two weeks!

Big H

Big show. Centrally located table with supportive neighbors. Many attendees slowed down to look at the rifles and Tech-sights. CMP catalogs were popular. The list of regional AS was good, many came from VA, NY, OH, MD, WV, DE, NJ. MD shooters were disappointed that Annapolis is sold out, some were reluctant to travel and are waiting for more MD AS. Next time we'll bring an East Coast map so we can show folk where the shoots are. Thanks to our crew, I couldn't ask for better teammates.  O0

kDan

The beard comes off soon, but not yet!  It'll be one year at Van Etten Memorial Day since I filled Imker's bath-room with black mats of curly whiskers.  teehee.  O my god is he gonna be surprised this time.  Don't tell him.  I know he never checks the forum. 

Quote from: R1sgx2 on May 02, 2010, 11:30:50 PM
When Kdan left Saratoga last September, the flea count up here went down. **)

Yeah, well I been cross-breeding the Saratoga fleas with brooklyn fleas AND my dog and...  WE'LL BE BACK TO SARATOGA THIS YEAR YOU BET!!!!  Tfelog better be ready with his tomahawk or you all is gonna be scratching like Lee Perry.

Dang I missed this event.  After all the work I made Josey Wales, big H, Sie and Chainsaw do.  I like this new style.  Used to be I'd ride 10 hours and sleep under a picnic table in the rain.  Now all I do is send a check.  The american dream come true no?

Let's do this again.  We gotta get our own banner though.  I don't wanna have to listen to r1sgxq47gkzpakj;nasdoijasqm;igas or any other those czechoslovakian named NY goof-balls making fun...  and that right lrpgcfrank?
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout