News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washington Cadre! Please be safe! A Winter PSA

Started by Mike AKA Bandaid, December 26, 2018, 04:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike AKA Bandaid

Once upon a time, I spent about 12 years with a SAR Team here in Washington. This time of year, people think about heading up to the mountains to play in the snow. I want to remind you all.... PLEASE take a few minutes and put a shovel, an axe, a tow strap, a set of jumper cables, and a sleeping bag, in your vehicle. I know this sounds like "doomsday/Armageddon/fear mongering", but it's not. These items can genuinely save your life if you get stuck in the snow. Traction devices go without saying!

This goes DOUBLE if you are traveling to a winter seed event! Mother Nature likes to play merry hob with our plans, and these few items can stack the deck in your favor.

IAO! But taking along some extra gear can make it easier to do so!
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Border-Run

Quote from: Mike AKA Bandaid on December 26, 2018, 04:00:53 PM
I want to remind you all.... PLEASE take a few minutes and put a shovel, an axe, a tow strap, a set of jumper cables, and a sleeping bag, in your vehicle. I know this sounds like "doomsday/Armageddon/fear mongering", but it's not. These items can genuinely save your life if you get stuck in the snow. Traction devices go without saying!

This goes DOUBLE if you are traveling to a winter seed event! Mother Nature likes to play Mary Hobb with our plans, and these few items can stack the deck in your favor.

IAO! But taking along some extra gear can make it easier to do so!

I thought that stuff WAS IN the vehicle every day.

Mike AKA Bandaid

Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

ScubaSteve

You guys are funny. What is this snow you talk about? Looking to hit 80 degrees this weekend here in Florida. :)

Ok really, you guys stay safe. I have no idea how you do the weather you have.       If you ever want to shoot in the Winter we are open all year. https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/anim_uzi.gif

Steve