News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

October 19-20, 2013 Camp Atterbury, IN Instructor Weekend

Started by AuntieBellum, September 22, 2013, 10:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

ALL instructors are invited.  It should be a fun, and, most importantly, educational event.

Please sign up via Eventbrite, NOT via instructor scheduling (unless you have specifically been tasked with admin/CoF duties).  We will need an accurate count for targets and planning and having everyone on the check-in sheet will expedite check-in for Camp Atterbury.

Is it CRITICAL that you follow all instructions on the info link.  That is, the link I will provide goes to the EIP.  Click on the info link on the EIP and follow the instructions.  When you email your contact and rifle info, please include your screen name.  Then sign up via Eventbrite.

Please note the $10/day range fee applies to all.  Including Friday if you come in that evening.  Camping right on the range is available, too.  I plan to camp and drift to sleep by the sound of machine guns quietly pew-pew-pew-ing in the distance.

Looking forward to seeing you then!

P.S. Link to follow.  I sent scuzzy a boat-load of work this evening.   >:D

LINK: https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=250&showall=yes
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

scuzzy

Hey Indiana Instructors 

Please sign up here for the KD day:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/8446741431

Thanks AB - we need another KD day in Texas too.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

slim

philagothon

I signed up, but is the count right on Eventbrite?  It says there are only two tickets left.  That's a crazy quick sell-out!  This will be my first KD event & I'm stoked! I'll get my info sent in ASAP.

hawkhavn

There is something goofy there, the cap is set at 7 with a pre-reg of 5.
Should be much higher than that.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

AuntieBellum

Total slots should be 40.  I just PM'd scuzzy.  And EIP link added to original post.  Thanks!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mudcat

I believe I have something worked out with Atterbury's archaic handgun rules. My wife has had plans that weekend but they took a turn for the worse over the weekend and it looks like they will fall through. So yeah for me  >:D I won't have to stay home and milk. It may change but it looks pretty solid as of now. Paperwork sent in and registered.
So it looks like Mudcat will be going to Atterbury.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

SPQR

WHAAAAAAT?!  Mudcat is coming to Atterbury?  WOW.  The event is beginning to ooze excellence.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

slim

Folks, I can't stress enough how much you need to be there for this weekend.

...this is where the magic happens.  :---

slim

I'm also doing my best to get ol' SPQR to get an IIT Primer going for the weekend. That's kind of like a quick and dirty Instructor Boot Camp where you'll learn the ins and outs of being an Instructor. I recommend anyone who's still relatively new to the Instructor Cadre or has never been to an IBC be there for this IIT Primer. It'll get you a great jump start on your Instructor Journey.

It would also be good for seasoned volunteers like me to be there so we can learn to be better Instructor trainers.

...and Mudcat will be there. This is like a win, win, win.

JSW

Just signed up.   Don't want to miss out again!  See you all there.  What about camping Bedford crew are we driving it?

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Brown

Alright IN instructors. you are the first to find out. WPA (wolf ) has agreed to send me enough .223 ammo for 40 shooters to get 160rds each. that is enough for 4 AQT's. talking with SPQR regarding the COF for the weekend that means you should get enough free ammo to cover your needs for both days.

All ammo will be .223 only this time. If we do not get a total of 40 shooters signed up we will split up the ammo as best we can.

If you have not already done so get on there and sign up!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

SPQR

If you want to shoot more bring more of your own ammo.  Brown mis-stated that just a little.  You will get enough Wolf for come-us to 500 and 3 AQTs but our timing from last instructor day indicated that we can get 5 or 6 in so bring more ammo if you want to.

WOLF IS GIVING US .223 ONLY.  READ THAT.  GET IT?

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Brown

Quote from: SPQR on October 01, 2013, 09:58:41 PM
If you want to shoot more bring more of your own ammo.  Brown mis-stated that just a little.  You will get enough Wolf for come-us to 500 and 3 AQTs but our timing from last instructor day indicated that we can get 5 or 6 in so bring more ammo if you want to.

Thanks for straightening that out hoss!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

SPQR

I just wanted to throw that out there.  After the August shoot all the instructors thought starting the day with comeups was more valuable for pacing and warm up than an extra AQT would have been.  I have come to think they are right.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

slim

Free ammo? HUZZAH!!!  :---  :---  :---

Quote from: SPQR on October 01, 2013, 10:26:03 PMI have come to think they are right.
No matter what you do, don't tell my wife I was right.

grunt soldier

Things just got real!!!  I probably need to try and show up again just to keep slim in line :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

stagehand steve

Here is the license plate I was behind this morning.  I think it is a sign...

== stagehand steve ==
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

stagehand steve

Quote from: slim on September 30, 2013, 04:23:39 PM
I'm also doing my best to get ol' SPQR to get an IIT Primer going for the weekend. That's kind of like a quick and dirty Instructor Boot Camp where you'll learn the ins and outs of being an Instructor. I recommend anyone who's still relatively new to the Instructor Cadre or has never been to an IBC be there for this IIT Primer. It'll get you a great jump start on your Instructor Journey.

It would also be good for seasoned volunteers like me to be there so we can learn to be better Instructor trainers.

...and Mudcat will be there. This is like a win, win, win.

Is the IIT Primer going to happen?

== stagehand steve ==
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Uncle Davey

Grunt....there is no keeping Slim in line...we've tried, he just won't conform ...
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

SPQR

If it happens it will be Sunday morning. I am a little concerned about putting too much stuff together and taking away ventilating time

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

philagothon

Are Wolf and TulAmmo (from Walmart) close enough that I'll be able to switch to TulAmmo without too much consternation once my ration of Wolf dries up?  Or is that one of those areas where it just depends on the rifle?

slim

Y'all better bring it! I'm not coming all the way from Cincinnati for no shenanigans.

For philagothon-
Wolf and Tula are NOT the same brand. Are they close enough? Isn't all 5.56 for a Rifleman?

The correct answer for this is probably yes, there is a slight difference and you may have to adjust for them. But, from what I've seen on the line, the difference is so slight that most shooters don't even notice. AR-15s are freakin laser beams so you, being a Rifleman may detect an MOA up or down here and there but it will be very slight, especially since we're shooting billboard size targets. Remember to write it down!

Mudcat

Anyone camping friday night? I really hate to get up and leave at 0200. I may camp friday that way I am there for the shenanigans at the start. Or do some rest area camping.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

slim

I'm on the fence about camping Friday night but I may just head over that way. Especially if there are some bacon dogs and mud cats there.

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.