News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

October 19-20, 2013 Camp Atterbury, IN Instructor Weekend

Started by AuntieBellum, September 22, 2013, 10:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

I plan on coming in Friday night.  If you consider sleeping in the back of a Blazer "camping", then I am.  BTW what are you gonna do Mudcat; they got no trees to hang from.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

slim

Quote from: Rayne on October 04, 2013, 10:55:04 PMMight decide I'm too old for such shenanigans. 
You're never too old for shenanigans.

...and I still don't believe you're a grandma.

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on October 04, 2013, 11:00:36 PMwhat are you gonna do Mudcat;
One end of the rope on the Jeep, one end on the Blazer...

Quote from: Rayne on October 04, 2013, 11:18:12 PMNo offense but you guys are gonna stink by Sunday afternoon.   **)
I plan on already stinking Friday night when I arrive!  ^:)^

Mudcat

Do we camp by our vehicles? If so I will tie off on the antenna of the Blazer and the gas door of the 4Runner.  :)
I will leave right after work on Friday then.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Uncle Davey

I have an apartment (2) bedroom about 35 minutes from there unless you guys just want to camp..just sayin'....I have room for 3
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Unbridled Liberty

If we want a fire, we will need to bring firewood.  I'd be happy to bring some, but all I have is Kentucky firewood, and I guess they only allow Indiana firewood to be burnt.  Or does it have to be local wood?

SPQR- can you find out if we can use a fire ring (such as a tire rim) or if we have to use that 55 gal drum again?

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

Thanks for the offer UD but the camping and the shenanigans around the fire are the best part of any Appleseed get together. I am assuming Atterbury will be no different.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Uncle Davey

Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

grunt soldier

I was told in no uncertain terms am I am not allowed to get off work these days but after seeding in the rain today before work I feel a sickness coming on!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Barbie

I will be in NY working from Oct 11-22, so I won't be able to join ya'll  :'(
Whenever the next Atterbury shoot is, public or instructor, I will be out there pew pewing with the best of em.

I'll send a prayer to the big rifleman in the sky that ya'll have sunny skies and a good breeze to test that dope!   :---

- Barbie
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Rayne

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Rayne on October 07, 2013, 12:35:09 PM
Will the Goverment shut down affect this shoot? 

According to Range control, as of this morning, the range will be operating during the weekend with the exclusion of night fire. Depending on scheduling and contract personnel availability, the range may have to be turned in by 1500 Sunday.

More information will be available at the De-Confliction meeting.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

GoldFish

Man, this weekend is sounding amazing...I so wish I could be there.
Mudcat, free .223, Boss Brown, Ol' Huff, a government shutdown,  -:)......what's not to go totally crazy about?
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

SPQR

1500 seems a little early but i think we can make it happen.  We get a good jump on the shootalating and hammer out 5 or 7 AQTs
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: SPQR on October 07, 2013, 01:33:39 PM
1500 seems a little early but i think we can make it happen.  We get a good jump on the shootalating and hammer out 5 or 7 AQTs

Pre-dawn briefing on the green, send rounds downrange at the crack of dawn.  Will range control permit that?

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

grunt soldier

Just call range control.  that is the key to remember at atterbury.  Call Range Control!!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Maynard

Anybody have an extra AR-15 laying around that they would let me borrow? 
I'm really low on .308, and them's the only rifles I got. 
I'd love to be able to take advantage of Wolf's hospitality and use some free ammo.  :---
Pew pew!  'Merica.

grunt soldier

Maynard I believe I'm coming saturday only.  I can definitely loan you one for it.  I'm still debating on the calling in sick thing but I'm pretty positive it's going to happen.   do you want to shoot irons or a red dot or a scope?

Maynard

Thanks for the offer Grunt Soldier.  Looks like RKBL is letting me borrow her M&P, and she'll be there both days.
I still think you should call in sick, though!  O0

TJ Kackowski

Yes, Grunt Soldier was starting to look a little under the weather at MCF&G ... maybe even a bit like a drowned water rat ... some recoil therapy should do him wonders!

grunt soldier

Rayne

redbaron

Quote from: Maynard on October 11, 2013, 09:20:04 AM
Thanks for the offer Grunt Soldier.  Looks like RKBL is letting me borrow her M&P, and she'll be there both days.
I still think you should call in sick, though!  O0

If that falls through, I can send mine with mudcat for you to use.

Slow2Speak

Dont forget shooters I think they need rifle info by tomorrow night on any thing your bringin

Wild Deuce

slim

Franko, we're going to hook up a CCTV feed for you and Marty.

Brown

Just let us know what channel or the URL for streaming video!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Wild Deuce

Quote from: slim on October 11, 2013, 09:05:33 PM
Franko, we're going to hook up a CCTV feed for you and Marty.

No good unless you pipe in the smells of Liberty (fresh fall breeze and fired rounds). Then again, I probably wouldn't see anything anyway through my tears.

Nope, I'll just spend the weekend cradled in the basement corner ... hugging my M14 and old "D" Target.

You guys and gals have fun and get the job done. Put a few in the black for me, would ya?