News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SHOOTING AT RED CASTLE GUN CLUB IN TULSA

Started by oldgrunt, August 29, 2008, 10:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgrunt

DAVILA 2 O 9......................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE MEN AMONG US THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER 9 DAYS AND1400 MILES THE BOOT CAMP IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!BEST $200.00 I EVER SPENT.....AND YES I SHOT THE AQT MANT MANY TIMES ...WE STOPPED COUNTING THE RIFLEMEN AQT'S AFTER 3 SO I CAN SAY MADE IT WITH 3 RIFLES FROM THE TWO 22LR AND A BIG OLD BAD GARAND......

LOOK FOR MORE AFTER I SLEEP FOR 2 DAYS .....OKLAHOMA HAS TWO NEW ITT'S GOOD JOB FLYBOY YOU DID GREAT.....SEEYA THURSDAY FOR SURE.......GOOD NIGHT AND THANK YOU FRED FOR THIS FINE PROGRAM......

OLDGRUNT....OUT

MODERN DAY MORGANS RIFLE REGT.........
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

Sounds like you had an awesome time.  When are you going to be a full instructor, anyway? 

As for me, I've been doing a little shooting too.  I drug a couple friends out a couple weeks ago to sight in their .22s to get ready for the Badlands shoot.  I also did some more shooting at H&H.  Shot up a bunch of redcoats and a couple AQTs.  Looks like I'm shooting Expert again... All I needed was a little practice!  I also found a good free shooting range in the Stillwater area that we could probably do an event at if we wanted.  It is at the Pawnee City Lake, there in Pawnee.  It is a 200 yard range.  Nothing fancy, just a field with a big backstop, but it works and its free. 

Well, I'm looking forward to Badlands... Its almost here!  I'll see you out there, Oldgrunt. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oldgrunt

Today is the day I like to come here and offer to shoot targets on Saturdays......I have been away for the past few weeks long story short Iam a IIT and I have a few new skills to share..lol

next weekend I will be in Grandfeild at a Appleseed shoot the dates are posted on here so go sign up.We have the Badlands tactical school for two dates March 14 and 15 and then the April 18 and 19 .Should be fun I have had alot of calls asking about the shoot Seems the folks here are fired up about it and they should be..Bring the kids guys and if you cant stand just watching them i'm sure we can find a few loaner rifles for you to shoot too...If any of you can bring some more bulk packs of 22 I bet you'll sell them too seems the ammo running short in this state.......

Okay there it is I will be at Red castle shooting Saturday around 12 or so if anyone wants to come out give me a buzzz I'll come to the gate and let you in..Less than a week away and we are off to badlands ...I can smell the gunpowder already.....KD out to say 700????oh boy my fal's just begging to fire a few

seeya soon

Oldgrunt ..out
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Okay short and sweet ......................We will be at the grandfield location thats at the Badlands training grounds..I will be at Red Castle next weekend so for you that have called me up why dont we try to meet up next saturday...There's a big time IDPA event on saturday aswell so If you would like to see how that games played I will be there Just look for the guys wearing Appleseed shirts....We are popping up everywhere in the shooting world lol...I love the looks in thier eyes when they say sure I can clean your red coat paper ..NOT lol   

okay thats it seeya next week end ..dont forget about the big gun show in April In Tulsa,,the Appleseed bunch will be ther too..

oldgrunt ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Today is Thursday and its time to go to the range......So on Saturday at the same place I'm always at I will be shooting AQT's and other fun stuff...For the ones that have called me up  I will come to the gate just buzz me...

So much has go on this week from rifle maint to shooting at other ranges .Henschemen send me those contacts and I will start on the paperwork..One last thing on the 27th I will be at H&H ...Thats in OKC off of 40 come on out..And if you look at the events list here in oklahoma you'll see we got stuff going on sign up and join in the fun.....Badlands was a blast we shot out to 1000 and hit with each rifle ...April 18 19 should be a event that will be great for all new and old seeya there....

Oldgrunt..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Well its been a long road but as I said last winter !!!!!!!!things are going to pick up and fast.......And they have I havent had a weekend free to shoot my targets at the range but dont think for a sec.....that we have given up.LOL :~ :~At his point I'm well over 10000rds. as of far So shooting is happening...We have a shoot coming up this next Saturday and you look okay to just walk on to the range .SALLISAW is the place folks come on out and see just what your rifle and you can do... Thanks to all the ones that came out so far this year...I have been able to help over 150 folks since this all began less than a year ago and look forward to 100's more ..

And for the ones that have seen me at the matches and ranges across this state come over and say hi .I always keep a few AQT's and redcoats around lets go shoot .....This past week I have been at the 2009 tactical convention with the leaders in the industry and they all know that APPLESEED is in full effect ....Look for a spot on the outdoor channel soon And no TEDDY was not there But he was close..lol Micheal Baine{Shooting Gallery tv} wouldnt understand why teddy shoots with me so he stayed in the truck...

Till next week God Bless and we will seeya at the range

oldgrunt ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

smle

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

oldgrunt

OKAY wow lots I wish I could say about whats gone on since the weathers been some what shooting weather ..lol lets just say its been Appleseed weather ..We have had a few great shoots so far this year I myself have been to 5 so far in the past 11 months..And yes we should have more coming closer to eastern and northern parts of okalhoma..I would ask for some off the IIT's start banging on doors and get us a few more sites around OKC ..I might have enough targets to shoot a few if we Need to be at H&H anytime soon..Mini is a strong POss..

As for shooting at red castle I will be there about the same time as always..Saturdays at the range are fun to shoot and see .I have a few rifles to loan if need be just bring the 22lr ammo and your set.Both have scopes and good mags so I think they will run fine..If any of you are around the Tulsa area you might want to try some of the other shooting events PM for more info....They all agree APPLESEED shooting gets you way ahead of the game ...As the guy said "We put rounds on target You guys put rounds on target where you aim too.... "4 MOA isn't rocket science but it is as easy as watchin a 7 year old do it HUH!!! Eathan... Okay thats it we have a few events that are within a few hundred in oklahoma and Kansas or even in the Ozarks ..They have boot camps 3 days schools and alot of Appleseeds too.Well look for more sites to open up before the fall.I will have flyers and other things about Appleseed with me at the range feel free to stop by saturday..seeya soon ITT's get your PC's done I need them Yes that you guyzz down there in OKC lol ..
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

I dont always talk about the shooting we do on the weekends but this weekend wasnt the same ole thing .....Sure I had a few come out and thats always great .But two dad and son teams drove up.....And the first ones were well on the way to riflemen and with alittle more time they will be there look out yellville they are getting ready for ya and they even said that canjun lands on way to the trip they were takin so count on two folks coming to rep oklahoma there in LA>for sure!!!!! hang in there folks I got a shoot in Tulsa coming real soon ..Real soon !!!!! Now for the realy cool thing As we were shooting our red coats and pickin away at squares and AQT's I saw a dad and son plopp down across the road on the 600 yard line .And at first I didnt give much to it but then!!!!!>>>>.....I do mean right then I saw a dad lay down and looking at the son help him follow the 6 steps???!!!Na I just didnt see that had to be dumb luck so I turned away to shoot a few more times..Well I looked back and the kid was still at it shooting and he kept nailing the steel way out there .So I dipped over and sure enough the kid was slug up had the leg up and was in the bubble ....I ggiiggled and went back to my rifle.well they drove down range and set the targets up for round two of the shooting they were doing.They ended up Being Appleseeders that just came back from the Oxford shoot and was told that oldgrunt might be there in Tulsa and sure enough I was like always ..I loved the fact that the boy was sporting his new t shirt on the main gun line sling lead .While cough cough choke the NRA paper guys were sighting in rifles from bags and bi pods lolololll...So yes this was a better weekend for get together shooting in a while...I hope to see you all at a shoot real soon seems yellville is where alot feel like going ..Goat lady's place we all said sure sounds like a deal to me. HMMM ..And its only May wonder what the next 7 months are going to bring..More shooting for sure .Okay thats it I will be back next week with plans of doing it all over again so for you that are chasing the score of 210 might aswell shoot afew soon .I will be, Its one thing to teach it ..but feels a whole lot better when you can still do it.Seeya all real soon

Oldgrunt.out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

smle

Tell them to register early, there's a limited number of spots at Yellville.

Something tells me I'm in big trouble. %) #) **) %) #) **)

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

oldgrunt

Ok its friday the big weekend at the range ...At red castle the folks there are having a party so I think we should skip this weekends shooting of targets.I will be at the next gun show in tulsa so if you have anything pressing about Appleseed come on out and ask me ...One other thing I still have a ammo box with a few ar mags and a round or two in the box so plzzzzz someone contact me about them I hate hauling them from shoot to shoot with the hope the owners will claim them..And that goes for anyone else that leave things behind contact us we might have your gear sitting around..

We are having a few shoots this next month .....from Osage beach to Oxford..At the Oxford shoot Dinky our traveling red hat is going to be telling stories and showing how to shoot well.So dont miss out on a great time..Boy if I could get away with just showing up and shooting i would but the cats out of the bag on me so no chance of me sneakin in on a shoot around here..lol ohwell at least teddy will be there to help me out ...

Cant think of much else other than let us not forget why we have this weekend to enjoy family and friends.....Its because some soul gave a part of his or her life to stand in the gap for freedom.....Will you remeber them? They did for you so long ago and even today someones mom or dad isnt home they are standing for the freedom you enjoy....So when you see that flag this weekend take so time and say thank you ..And if your a x service memeber go ahead and saulte the flag its our right to do so .....So pop that right hand up and let the brothers that have fallen for it know you still have a heart and will always stand for freedom....No mission too dificult ..no scarifice to great..Duty first......

HOOOOZAAAHHHH!!!!HOOOOZAAAHHH!!!HOOOZAAAHHHH
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

TUHurricane

Are you still doing these? I just got back to Tulsa from summer vacation.
guns and freedom are like music and dancing, you can't have one without the other.