News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SHOOTING AT RED CASTLE GUN CLUB IN TULSA

Started by oldgrunt, August 29, 2008, 10:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgrunt

Today is your 48 hrs. notice for the red castle range shooting of targets...I will be going at 1200 pm. time frame. Hope a few of you guys come out to shoot this weekend besides its not so early either..

Seems the last few times out we spent alot of time with the ar platforms . which was fun. O0I have two LTR's too shoot all you need is a brick on ammo in 22lr..

Other than that there is less than 5 months till the shoot in Kansas..April 19 Everybody should be on a gun line somewhere on this DAY
..Why not there???

Till then seeya at the range :~

................OLDGRUNT..OUT...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Saturday is the day for Appleseed shooting... Sometime around noon will be when I make it out there..They say it will rain but that not stoppin me. So if you would like to shoot or need help with a new weapon you got for christmas come on out......The gates up and running with new pass codes so dont forget the card if you dont have one just call  @@)me up I will meet you at the gate..I can give anyone a tour of the ranges if your thinking of joining the club...

After the shooting is over I'm headed to the gun show ....I will have have flyers and stuff to give away should be a fun time looking for more LTR parts ..

Well till then seeya around get off the couch and get to the range O0 ....April 19 not too far away and Kansas is just right up the road so get the fees payed and get ready for the time of your life with real great folks...

Oldgrunt ..out :~ :~
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

GEEZ WAS IT COLD OR WHAT MAN. THANKS GOD FOR NEW COVERALLS LOL NOW I NEED GOOD BOOTSSS...BUT THINGS WERE GREAT TODAY..FOR YOU THAT I MEET TODAY I HOPE THE PACKETS ANSWERED A FEW THINGS AND IF THEY JUST CONFUSED YOU MORE ? WELL ALL THE STUFF IS RIGHT HERE USE THE SEARCH BOX ABOVE AND IT SHOULD POP RIGHT UP...WHAT YOU SEEN ME SHOOTING WERE 4MOA DRILLS ITS A GREAT TOOL TO SEE WHERE YOUR SKILLS ARE AND YOU CAN DOWN LOAD THEM RIGHT HERE NO NEED TO SPENT MONEY ON SHOOT AND SEE TARGETS..LOL

LIKE I SAID I'M THERE MOST SATURDAYS ON THE BENCH REST RANGE COME ON OUT AND PLAY..DONT WORRY I HAVE A FEW RIFLES TO LOAN OUT JUST BRING A BRICK OF 22LR AND WE CAN GET STARTED...IF THERE ANY OF YOU FROM THE OKSHOOTER.COM SITE THAT WANT TO DO THIS CALL ME UP I CAN COME TO YOU SEEMS THERE SOME OF YOU THAT WANT TO SHOOT WITH US.WE HAVE A SHOOT IN APRIL UP IN KANSAS YOU ALL SHOULD COME ON UP ITS GOING TO BE A GREAT TIME BRING THE WHOLE FAIMLY..

ONE LAST THING THE GUN SHOW TODAY WAS A GREAT TIME TOO IF YOU SEE A APPLESEED TSHIRT OR A PATCHED MEMBER COMEON UP AND TALK TO US !!!!!!WE THERE TO HELP OUT ASK US ANYTHING MOST TIMES WE HAVE A ANSWER FOR YOU.BESIDES WE ARE ALWAYS PACKIN STICKERS FLYERS AND GOOD HANDOUTS...WELL THATS IT FOR THIS WEEKS SHOOTING OF TARGETS...SURE IT WAS FREZZING OUT THERE BUT ITS STILL A GREAT TIME SHOOTING JUST DRESS WARM LOL IF THERE SUCH A THING ..MAN ..LOL NPOA IN COVERALLS ISNT EASY LOL BUT IT FEELS GOOD TO SEE ALL THE ROUNDS IN THE BLACK..

SEEYA NEXT WEEK END AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO SHOOT DURNING THE WEEK LET ME KNOW I'M UP FOR IT ....

OLDGRUNT..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Its Thursday and I am ready to get to the range this weekend ..I plan on going after the gun show in Tulsa sometime around 1300 or so if anyone wants to come out and shoot or just ask something about Appleseed I'm there to talk ....

The lines at the shows are becoming very long so if your going ...Get there early and bring a good coat it was cold ..lol I will have some handouts and stuff so if you see a Appleseed shirt or a patched memeber come on up and say hi....

On the other website in oklahoma there been alot of talk about the Appleseed project.. www.okshooters.com I have been putting the invite to all of them and like I said ..give us the ground and we wil come with every thing we need ..My onfo is here on this site I can come to you and look at the site that you want to hold the event on ..Scout is the one man I know that can help get the paper work done to hold the events but I am here too just call me up and I can help get it done..

well thats it for this weekends warning order I will be there shooting AQT's if anyone wants to learn whats needed to shoot the course of fire ....

NOW GET OUT THERE TALK TO YOUR CLUBS RANGES AND LANDOWNERS AND LETS GET SOME EVENTS ON THE BOOKS .................OKC YOUR LOOKING GOOD KEEP UP THE HARD WORK ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER .....APRIL 19 WILL BE GREAT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Well here we are looking at the screen thanks to all the hard work to the tech guys ..Man to think I lost all of this stuff...lol Ohwell I had copies of everything to back up ....Guess that the boy scout in me ..Be prepared or at least fake it well.... Okay its Thursday and its snowin and blowin but I plan to be there on Saturday afternoon after the 3 Gun Match at the USSA shooting school in tulsa.If you never been to one its held on the 3rd sat. of each month so come on out and play or just look around it the same place thats been on tv...lol If you look real hard at the tv spots you'll see me there standing around trying to soak it all up..lol Other than that we have a few shoots coming to oklahoma boyzzzz I cant let the LION out of the cage yet but its going to be close....Real close ....We are headed to texas to get our stuff ready to train so dont think its not going to happen and If theres someone that wants a shoot on thier ground just let us know things move fast .....And smooth as silk...thanks Scout for your help.. And dont forget to look at the events list Kansas has a range up and running...So no reason to sit there and look for the April dates we got shoots long before the 19 lol...and by that time OKLAHOMA will be poppin up..So get to the store buy the ammo now get things packed and find your hotels and a place to eat....Things are gearing up as you sit here reading this ..  Okay I will be there to shoot targets and help others with new rifles ..Dont just drive up and sit in your truck ????Yes I seen you guys looking out the window of that warm truck watching me frezze bring the binos next time and look at the target get nailed in the black..Come on its easy you can do it we can take breaks to warm up ..The club house has heat and coffee come get some .....   seeya at the range  OLDGRUNT ..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

hi there, i'm in Oklahoma too (I split my time between Norman and Stillwater).  I would love to help set up a shoot here in the state, so if there is anything I can do, let me know. 

I just joined the forum today, but I went to an Appleseed shoot in New Hampshire a couple years ago and qualified.  I've just been taking my sweet time getting involved.  I might have to come up to Red Castle sometime and bring a few buddies -- sounds like you guys are having some fun up there. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oldgrunt

WELCOME AND WE HAVE A FEW FOLKS DOWN BY YOU SO DONT THINK YOU HAVE TO WAIT TOO SHOOT BUT AT MY RANGE WE HAVE STEEL OUT TOO 600 AND MANY OTHER SMALL BORE RANGES ....ANYTIME YOU WANT TO COME WE CAN MAKE A DAY OF IT WE HAVE OTHER RANGES TOO HERE  IN TULSA THE USSA SHOOTING SCHOOL IS A FUN TIME 15 BUCKS TO WALK ON AND SHOOT THEY HAVE CLASS3 STUFF TOO TO RENT SO YES ITS A GREAT TIME FOR A GROUP TO COME PLAY..MY INFO IS ABOVE CALL ME OR EMAIL ME...I WILL BE IN THE OKC AREA ON FEB 5 IF YOU WANT WE CAN MEET UP AT THE H&H GUN STORE OFF OF 40 AND SHOOT A FEW AND TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO IN THE PROJECT IF YOU WANT TOO...AGAIN DONT GO HIDING YOU'LL MISS OUT ON ALL THE GOOD SPOTS ON THE TEAM..I WILL BE LOOKING FOR A FEW ORANGE HATS TO GIVE OUT WANT ONE ...ONE SIZE FITS ALL..LOL SEEYA AROUND AND LOOK FORWARD TO ALL OF YOU IN YOUR GROUP...OLDGRUNT  ..OUT

UPDATE TOO IF YOU THINK YOU CAN SHOOT RIFLEMAN NOW I CAN GIVE YOU THE TEST AND MY BOSS CAN SIGN IT AND SEND YOU A PATCH FOR 3 BUCKS BUT I DONT GIVE THEM AWAY YOU HAVE TO SHOOT IT RIGHT THERE AND ON FILM TOO.....NO HALF WAYS ALL THE WAY ....LOL WOULDNT YOU LOVE TO WALK ON TO YOUR FIRST APPLESEED WITH THE BIG BOY PATCH RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX..AND FOR THE ONES THAT DO SHOOT TO STANDARD I HAVE OTHER GOODIES FROM STICKERS TO THE RWVA NAME TAGS FOR YOUR SHHOTING JACKETS..SO IS THAT ENOUGH TO GET YOU OUT HERE AND SHOOTING???LOL COMEON BOYS YOU CAN DO IT .....JUST THINK ON YOUR FIRST APPLESEED YOU COULD WALK AWAY WITH A ORANGE HAT A NEW RILFEMANS PATCH AND A NICE SNAZZY SHIRT THATS SAYS YOUR NOT A COOK BUT A RIFLEMAN.....
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

As of ten minutes ago I got a Email from the badlands range master!!!!!!!!!!!

He said someone has contacted him for the use of the range!!!!!!!!!!

And thats about all I Know at the time but Yes We are bound to hold a event At the Best place this state Has to offer.....YEEHAWWWW

So figure sometime around March if not sooner...If anyone has anymore info on this site Let me know I would love to helpout ...

By that time we should have 3 or 4 more IIT to add to the mix aswell.....

Till this thursday thats it Hopefully I will know Something else by then.....IM off to the USSA shooting school to pry my way into that range Never Know we might end up there too

Seems someone on the staff has said"Appleseed is the best thing for a up and coming Rifleman" Sounds like someone out there thinks we are all that ..I will do my best to shine the Appleseed Light on that place.........I'm working for free in hopes to earn Bullets and range time I have already met many IDPA and steel challenge shooters that also Instruct classes
there..

Time to get going the range opens at 0700 And there's plenty for me to do ......

OLDGRUNT..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

Quote from: oldgrunt on January 15, 2009, 11:21:27 PM
WELCOME AND WE HAVE A FEW FOLKS DOWN BY YOU SO DONT THINK YOU HAVE TO WAIT TOO SHOOT BUT AT MY RANGE WE HAVE STEEL OUT TOO 600 AND MANY OTHER SMALL BORE RANGES ....ANYTIME YOU WANT TO COME WE CAN MAKE A DAY OF IT WE HAVE OTHER RANGES TOO HERE  IN TULSA THE USSA SHOOTING SCHOOL IS A FUN TIME 15 BUCKS TO WALK ON AND SHOOT THEY HAVE CLASS3 STUFF TOO TO RENT SO YES ITS A GREAT TIME FOR A GROUP TO COME PLAY..MY INFO IS ABOVE CALL ME OR EMAIL ME...I WILL BE IN THE OKC AREA ON FEB 5 IF YOU WANT WE CAN MEET UP AT THE H&H GUN STORE OFF OF 40 AND SHOOT A FEW AND TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO IN THE PROJECT IF YOU WANT TOO...AGAIN DONT GO HIDING YOU'LL MISS OUT ON ALL THE GOOD SPOTS ON THE TEAM..I WILL BE LOOKING FOR A FEW ORANGE HATS TO GIVE OUT WANT ONE ...ONE SIZE FITS ALL..LOL SEEYA AROUND AND LOOK FORWARD TO ALL OF YOU IN YOUR GROUP...OLDGRUNT  ..OUT

UPDATE TOO IF YOU THINK YOU CAN SHOOT RIFLEMAN NOW I CAN GIVE YOU THE TEST AND MY BOSS CAN SIGN IT AND SEND YOU A PATCH FOR 3 BUCKS BUT I DONT GIVE THEM AWAY YOU HAVE TO SHOOT IT RIGHT THERE AND ON FILM TOO.....NO HALF WAYS ALL THE WAY ....LOL WOULDNT YOU LOVE TO WALK ON TO YOUR FIRST APPLESEED WITH THE BIG BOY PATCH RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX..AND FOR THE ONES THAT DO SHOOT TO STANDARD I HAVE OTHER GOODIES FROM STICKERS TO THE RWVA NAME TAGS FOR YOUR SHHOTING JACKETS..SO IS THAT ENOUGH TO GET YOU OUT HERE AND SHOOTING???LOL COMEON BOYS YOU CAN DO IT .....JUST THINK ON YOUR FIRST APPLESEED YOU COULD WALK AWAY WITH A ORANGE HAT A NEW RILFEMANS PATCH AND A NICE SNAZZY SHIRT THATS SAYS YOUR NOT A COOK BUT A RIFLEMAN.....
well, i shot rifleman at my first appleseed in New Hampshire back in '07 and I have a signed slip from the instructor (Nickle on this forum), so technically I guess I am owed the patch already, but that was so long ago that in all fairness I probably ought to shoot it again to prove I've still got it! 

Man, I would LOVE to shoot at a good 600 yard range, at least as soon as I get my new rifle -- I don't have anything but a Nagant that could shoot that far now, but I'm in the process of buying a DPMS LR-308.  Oh well, I've always got the 10/22.  I have a scope on it now, but I'm thinking about throwing some tac-sights apperture sights on it like they had on their .22s at the appleseed shoot i attended a year and a half ago.  That would make it a little more fair for shooting the 25m AQT!  Plus, it would simulate the sights on the DPMS a lot better (although its probably getting a scope as well as some flip up sights).

Lets see... Feb. 5 is a thursday... I don't have any classes on thursday (i'm in OU law school), but I may be working.  i'll let you know.  If i'm not working, I'll definitely be up for meeting at H&H.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."

oldgrunt

Well alright you dont need nothing but a brick of 22lr I can let you use my gear no need to spend anything but the range fees for h&h...I have a docotors appt there so when its over I plan on shooting that day for a few hours and talk to the staff..Hey we have a shoot coming less than 60 miles of u??lol yep its coming so keep your ear to the ground the dozzzeeerrsss are workin as we speak...And it will be a soild place to play so tell your buddies we have a place to camp and shoot at soon..Seeya soon

As for my shooting of targets its on for Saturday afternoon after the gun show and the IDPA matches..So bring the cover alls and cold weather gear high of 34 this day ..lol

Lots of good stuff coming down the pipes so look for a shoot near you real soon...

Well thats it for now I would go on and on about whats being planned but it wouldnt be right lol....just know get your gear ready and lets plan on march ....Anyone want to go to the badlands I just said to much ..seeya this weekend bye guys

OLDGRUNT.OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Ok well here we go ..lol Today was a busy day i hope all that came up to me got a good taste of the program and all the things we talked about are right here to see......
I think the new laws and ammo shortages are sure waking you folks up and Your Not too late...lol And yes you can pretty much figure on seeing at a gun show unless I'm out shooting at a event ..With that being said the IDPA match was so much fun wow guess I need to get me one of those race guns now..And the guns show was a blast

Who needs a booth when you have so many offering a seat at their tables to talk to folks and go over shooting skills seems most are walking sponges anymore..Thanks guys sure is nice to feel welcome in the sea of gun buyers looking for the biggest badest AR out there..And yes when it warms up for you come on out ..It was only 32 with a 10mph wind blowin But I still had a few to burn up 550 rounds while nipping out the black on the AQT...You'll thankme later when you dont have all the cold weather gear on and it sunny and nice out .Your time spent sahooting now will only shine bright on April 19th this year trust me.....So keep Kansas in mind we need to show up and take the range over ..lol I dont think they will mind oh let put on more thing into the mix ..At the Kansas shoot it looks like it might just have targets out too say 400??? yep longrange shooting for sunday oh boy get your shells now ..

But lets not forget before to long OKLAHOMA'S going to opening the range too..I cant say much... but know this you might start looking for a motel in the okc area lol thats for the ones that dont like sleepin outside..I myself just bought a queen air matress to relax on under the stars.... Well till next weekend I will be around let me know if any of you are needing any help out there..This was your weekly update to just some of the things going on in the Appleseed world in Oklahoma.....Stay tuned things are always  happening and Aprils fastly appppproaching  ...........

OLDGRUNT ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

what's this?  somebody's building a good outdoor range in the OKC area?  OK, if you were trying to make me giddy with anticipation, you succeeded.  So what's the deal?  is it going to be a public range, or on somebody's private land, or what? 

April 19 in Kansas sounds good.  I bet I can even drag a few buddies... I have a couple with SKSes, one with an AR, one with an M1A, and maybe one with an AK that might want to come... and I guess I know a guy with an M1 Carbine that might be persuaded to come out.  The one with the AR likes to brag about qualifying "expert" in the Army, so we can put him to the test and see if he really has it or not!   ;)  Oh, and my new .308 AR ought to be here soon... just waiting on shipping.  When it gets here, I might have to go stretch its legs out on that 600 yard range with you.  Its this bad boy right here:

henschman

oh, and there's a gun show in OKC this weekend... I know they're usually small in the City, but every gun show I've been to since the election has been packed, including a couple of smaller ones in Tulsa, so its probably worth making an appearance at.  Even with the high prices, i found deals at both of those smaller shows.  Anyway, now might be the time to stock up on .308 with all the inflation that's about to hit from the unending printing of paper money by those idiots in Washington.  i've heard good things about the Russian Silver Bear stuff... a case of that might be a good investment.

oldgrunt

Well you have that right something is happening real close to you ..lol So start getting things ready....I dont know just when we will post the dates or the location but its about finished....

And do bring every body you know that would like to shoot and help the program..You have been to one shoot so far as said above so you know whats about to happen fun fun fun ...

Once the dates are posted please post them everywhere you know they will be seen and even places that arent on the radar..lol

If any of you would like to go to a gun show as a group let me know we can look into a table for us to gather at and talk everything appleseed.I have been to about every gun show in Tulsa and the folks have been more than helpful to our cause..I Thank all of you for sharing the tables and letting me post flyers and other stuff ...One last thing Scout has posted a spot for the last two days and in that post is alot of things and giudelines as to what you should be doing..SO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR APPLESEED TODAY???One thing you have done is show up here looking for more ...Dont ever forget one day away from this site is a day lost too you eachday something is done or said dont cheat yourself .....Theres one other place you should go each week and thats to the NEWS STANDS from there FREDS Shotgun news will be there on the shelf pick it up and flipp to pages 64 65 and get the word from freds mind....Each week he shares all thing Appleseed...

if you ever see something that you just dont understand there's plenty of us here to help you sort the Big A@@Icebergs out of the way..We are the answer APPLESEED ....Now grab that nice shinny bucket on the floor and get to bailing.......

Okay now thats out of the way ....LOL ..we can get back to the real deal for coming here tonight ..

ITS THURSDAY AND IT TIME TO GO PLAY AT THE COLD NASTY MUDDY RANGE......So saturday after the suns in the sky I will be there to shoot my targets and talk appleseed...Seems Ive been getting there about 1300 and stay there till 550 rounds are blown down range so come on out....And as for Scouts "what have you done for me lately..." post I have met and seen alot of great folks seems the lawyers and doctors just might like to know more too well come on back out I can show you a few more things you can share with the kids ....

I will be in the OKC area on feb 5 at about 1200 or there after at H&H range to shoot some targets ...If you dont have a rifle I think I can bring a few to shoot.All you need is a 22lr brick of ammo...Just look for a guy with a Appleseed shirt on and standing on the line shooting a funny looking target....

Thats about it If any of you are members at the USSA in tulsa I'm around the range somewhere stop by say hi I can take some time to shoot a few with you....I'm a range saftey officer there too....Seeya saturday I'm looking forward to the mud and winds.... I'm training for the Texas country side so I need to get use to the nasty stuff now so I fell at home in Texas..lol

OLDGRUNT..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Well today was a blast WOW...We have a rifleman that knows what he is about...I spent the day in OKC with a few folks and I had a great time ..H&H was a great host we had to find the range master to get the go ahead on our style of shooting and once we did get his blessing the shoot was on..Seems they dont allow prone or sittng firing But after they seen us standing there and dropping rounds on AQT's and seen What a rifleman is all about they cut us loose on the range to do our thing,Thank you Sir .....So we dropped to the ground and got to work..I am the wosrt with names and I am At a y fy cafe doing this but We have a rifleman that got lost a few years back and he sounded off to say I want to shoot again..WOW  this guy hasnt shoot in 2 years and I had a lot of fun watching him show me what he learned from nickle back then ..WOW he retained alot not much I had to help him with so It was a refresher course of fire  for him and the red coats didnt have a chance with him on the line...Seeya soon guy go find a date thats good for you and bring those buddy's with you we will have fun for sure...

As for the others.... all the stuff in those hand outs are right here..If you cant find it just ask me I can help you out....I think you will find that the Appleseed  shooting is the way to go ..AND NO I'M NOT A COMPETION SHOOTER I JUST LOOK LIKE IAM ..Thank you sir but you can shoot just like I was in a few short days too 4moa is a pretty thing huh ..I always shoot a few shoot and see target once the bones and bugs warm up  Belive me when I start to shoot it looks bad but as the rounds go down range I get loose and can dropp then in a nice size lol..But thank you my heads already to big as it is 7 5/8 before you started with the comments ...

Well thats it I need to get going I have 179 miles to get to my bed and I need a nap ..I will be at Red castle saturday after the gun show in tulsa and oil capitol got a rilfematch too  So going to the gun shows a must for ammo now wally worlds been out for 2 months on my ammo ...I hope to seeya all around the range let me know if anyone needs anything I will be shooting the 25meter bench rest range in the prone for a long while ..After about 1300 I will be there..

Thanks to all that came out and I hope to see ya all real soon..If you guys in OKC want me to come back let me know I had a great time..And thank the staff for letting us shoot at H&H today  They were watching us and I think they want to play too .lol

OLDGRUNT..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

Scout

Great job OG! I can't wait to get you down here for the RBC and get you rigged out to take the OK program to a new level. You have a great attitude and a lot of energy and I know you are going to be a star for the program ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

henschman

Hey oldgrunt, it was nice meeting you too.  I am also terrible with names, so I'll just have to refer to you by your screen name if you don't mind!  as for me, my screen name is what people call me in real life too, so its all good.  Anyway, Thanks for the refresher in marksmanship.  It was definitely a blast, and I really did need to go shooting with someone who knows his stuff to get back in the groove.  We'll definitely have to do it again soon.  Maybe we can play with the big guns next time?  I found out my .308 is actually getting here next Tuesday, so I might want to go play next weekend.

In the meantime, I'll have to go practice out on my parents' land, and maybe get some friends out there for some .22 shooting.  See ya around.

oldgrunt

OH BOYZZZZZ THE BADLANDS RANGES IS OURSSSSSSSSS....!!!!!!!!!! :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

AS OF TODAY THE CALL CAME IN AND I WILL BE GOING TO THE RANGE TO SET IT UP SOON SO APRIL 19 2009 IS A GO WE NEED EVERYONE TO GET THE PAPERWORK IN SO I KNOW HOW MANY PATCHES AND SHIRTS TO HAVE I HAVE 3 RIFLEMEN THAT NEED TO SHOOT AND GET ON THE TRAIL ...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE DONT MAKE ME CALL YOUR NAMES OUT TO GOD AND EVERYONE...

OKAY THATS IT I WILL UPDATE MORE AS THE CALLS KEEP POURING IN THANKS TO THE ONES THAT MADE THIS HAPPEN..

SEEYA SOON

OLDGRUNT OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

so there's going to be an appleseed at badlands as well as wichita on the 18-19?  Sweet!!  whereabouts is the badlands range, anyway?  like what town is it by? 

K98Al

Close to Lawton, OK and Wichita Falls, TX. I'll be there, so will my wife and two sons. There was an AS there last year - it weas a great event, but not too many showed up. Great work, OG!
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

oldgrunt

We should have a great turnout down there ..Still working to get the event listed .Once the big dog in texas say get on it I will be flooding the ranges and shops with flyers and such.....But everyone thats talked to me wants this bad....I have had a few wishing I was coming to Kansas ? I will be there for the others for sure but this is a dream of mine to do something like appleseed there..I in my game {long guns} not to many get to say yep  been there and got the range all to myself for 3 days....and it was freeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!I got to take pictures for sure my running buddies wont belive me unless I get a snap shot of the range and me on it and with a 22lr no less lol...Well thats it for now I will be posting more as the info flows in sure hope to snag a few old timers to our shoot .... But it is the 19th and they are wanted by others for sure but man it would be the nutzzzz if I could see a master Istructor such as "The GUY" or other of his caliber come run the show down there...Oh well if your going to wish might as well wish BIG...The event flyer is below print some out and pass them around......Okc guys do your thing...H&H said it was okay aswell as the acrhery shop on reno...Cant remeber the gun shops name but its up on suunylane the one thats sells all the ak's and toys ..Help me plzzzz...If not I will have to drive down and shoot at H&H and then drive around town..lol save me the gas folkssss.lolseeya thrusday for my report on shooting this weekend...OLDGRUNT..OUTUPDATE AS OF 1220 TODAY BADLANDS IS A GO....!!!!!!!!!I WANT TO HAVE ONE IN MARCH TOO SO IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO COME DOWN IN MARCH GET READY THEN ....I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEYA ALOT OF YOU .....THE FLYERS ARE BEENING PRINTER SO GET A FEW 100 AND PLANT THEM EVERY WHERE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS FOLKS THE ORE THE BETTER THE SHOOTINGS GOING TO BE...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

It would be REALLY awesome if we could do something at the Badlands range sometime between March 14 through the 22, because that is spring break at both OU and OSU.  I have a buddy at OSU I always go camping with on break... he is a new SKS owner and needs to be schooled in the ways of the rifleman!  I'm sure I could get several other people as well if we did something over break, especially if it was on a weekend (which I assume it would be).  The only issue is that a couple of my gun buddies are in the National Guard, and it always seems like their big once a year drill thingy happens on spring break.  Anyway, lets pick out a date, and I'll rally the troops!  I guarantee you my ass will be there whenever we decide to have it!

oldgrunt

Working it and if we do the tickets are good for the events this one or the april 19 dates ..Its nothing but a phone call to switch the dates and its done!!!!...I have been talking to my boss and he realy wants to hold a event in march so cross your fingers and tell the boyzzzz we can campout there if the crew wants tooo....U might want to hit the shotgun and rifles teams at both schools they would get alot out of this.....
Look for a update in the A.M. for sure

OH SCOUT THEY WANT THE MARCH DATES TO COME TO LIGHT????HEHEHEHEEEE
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

K98Al

Just talked to Maj.Swepston at the JROTC in Sapulpa - he was very receptive, I'm takin' a bunch of flyers over there this afternoon....I'd like to see a bunch of Junior Marines show up in uniform! 
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

oldgrunt

Outstanding I would love to see them aswell ..I got to see them in a drill at the football game those O3A3 were so pretty and the kiddo's knew just what they were holding....I might try to sway a few of them to the army if I got anthing to do with it.....lol Great bunch of kids I will still stand by my offer from last year to take a few of them to my range and turnem loose on a good range..I have two 22lr and a few sniper rifles ..All they need is 22lr shells and 308 to play ...

Thanks for the support let me know if I can do anything to helpout.......Give me a senior and I'll give the USMC a rifleman or woman lol never know these days ....

As for the shooting of targets for this weekend .I will be at Red Castle after 1300 on Saturday and should be near the bench rest tables laying on the ground....Theres no gun show this weekend so I hope a few of you come on out to play only a few more weeks and it time to hit the road..I wont be around from FEB22 TO MAR2 So dont sit on the couch to long or the target shooting will pass you by....If any of you ever want to come to Tulsa we can meet up and shoot or take a tour of some of the ranges thats been seen on The Outdoor Channels ..Many gun shows....We do have alot of cool ranges in this city...If they shoot it then we have it from cowboy to IDPA...

I sure would like to have a small squad of Riflemen that would be willing to shoot rifle matchs and such in this area..Boy wouldnt it be sweet if we got caught on cam at a event with APPLESEED gear right up in thier faces..It will happen just watch...With being said I will be at the rifle match  at OILCAPITAL gun club on Saturday mourning any ones is welcome comeon out if your up to it......

oldgrunt..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

I talked to a few buddies about the badlands shoot in March, and they are excited!  Camping out down there would be great... we were actually hoping we would be able to do that.  So what's the price going to be for this?  since its kind of a "practice run" for the one in April, is it free?   

btw, my .308 DPMS came in yesterday, and it looks like its gonna be one mean SOB.  I already ordered a one-piece mount and a burris scope for it, as well as a black m1 sling and a few extra mags.  I picked up 300 rounds of .308 at the gun show last weekend, so I'll be ready to take her out to a range and get sighted in as soon as that scope and mount get here.

oldgrunt

I will look into the cost but its still a full meal deal as far as the targets and staff no short cuts here ..But it for the 2nd weekend as it stands ......And the bunk house is 10 a night I will update as things come in .......Hench you got a small head right???U need to try that orange hat on so I can make sure its peanut size I will bring my sewing kit to take it in..lol Look for my boss to say something soon..Talked to him today and he asured me that its a go ...

I want to shoot the Ar so get the scope dailed in we might try and Find that 1000 yard plate before dark... Seems the winds are less likely to be blown hard at that time lol...

Take care and thanks forhelpin out ....Now go print some more flyers we need the word passed around and let me know if theres a gun show soon I might pack up and come that way...I want to go back to H&H to shoot again the range Master was watching us lol...Dont tell me we cant shoot the prone on that range ..HUH????lol we did and we will do it again ..Thanks to him{Range Master} he was a cool guy..
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

henschman

The 2nd weekend in March would be perfect.  I have 3 or 4 buddies that are down if we do it then.  The price is no big deal -- we're coming no matter what.  Let me tell you, the guys I'm bringing are really cut out for this organization -- I think they will probably be hooked once they see what Appleseed is all about.  Some of them are some pretty damn good shots too -- a couple are in the National Guard and already scored Expert on the "real" AQT, but I'll bet you anything they'll be even better shots after an Appleseed (I doubt I'll have any takers on that bet).  One of the NG guys had actually heard about the RWVA before... apparently the Guard taught them some of our techniques in a presentation at some point.  Woo hoo, I'm already putting together a shooting jacket to get ready!  I picked up an ACU top at the last gun show for 6 bucks -- it already has the elbow pouches and everything. 

Man, I want to shoot that AR too!  You should see the friggin barrel on that thing -- it looks normal, but under the handguards it is WAY bigger.  I guess it could stand to be a little lighter (the gun is definitely a bit heavier than my buddy's M1A or your FAL), but it isn't too bad.  It'll get the job done, that's for damn sure. 

oldgrunt

HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP OUT THERE IT HAS BEEN SAID WE NEED TO DO MORE ON HANDING OUT FLYERS AND POSTING ON OTHER SITES IN THIS STATE..IF YOU KNOW  OF A PLACE I'M NOT HITTING LET ME KNOW I WILL DO IT MYSELF IF NEED B...

YOUR HELP WOULD BE NICE .....OKC I KNOW YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB BUT SAY SOMETHING TO US UP HERE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP WITH GUN SHOWS OR THE GUN SHOPS I WILL BE COMING DOWN SOON TO PLANT STUFF LET A GUY KNOW OKAY..

WESTERN OKLAHOMA I'M COMING THAT WAY TOOOO ..IN ENID AT BILLS OUTDOORS YOU WILL FIND MY STUFF ON HIS DOORS  SO GIVE IT A LOOK AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SHOOT A FEW AND TALK SOME MORE .JUST BECAUSE I'M IN TULSA DONT MEAN ALOT I ALWAYS END UP IN THE DAMNEST PLACES...

OKAY THATS IT TILL MY WEEKLY RANT ..LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS NEED HELP

OLDGRUNT OUT.. AND YES I'M YELLING ......IF YOU WERE STANDING HERE YOU WOULD SEE MY BLACK HAT FROM THE ARMY ON TOOO!!!!!!MOVE OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

OKAY HERE IT IS ....THERE WONT BE ANYTHING GOING ON AT THE RANGE FOR 2 WEEKS I WILL BE IN TEXAS AND THEN GRANFEILD OKLAHOMA PREPARING FOR THE MARCH14 15 DATES TO SHOOT THE EVENTS....APRIL 18 19 WILL BE THE OTHER SHOT ASWELL..I WILL BE LOOKING AT MY EMAILS WHILE ON THE ROAD IF ANYTTHING COMES UP.I WOULD ASK THAT YOU KEEP PUTIING FLYERS OUT THERE AND TALKING THE SHOOTS UP IF YOU WOULD ......ALOT HAS HAPPENED THE PAST FEW WEEKS AND I WILL SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT LATER BUT IT HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN SHOOTING WITH YOU ALL AND TALKING EVEN IF IT WAS ABOUT ICEBERGS AND I CANT STOP YOU OTHER THAN TO SAY APPLESEED IS THE ANSWER FOLKS ..PLEASE LISTEN TO THE RADIO SHOW IT MIGHT HELP YOU SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE..WWW.BLOGTALKRADIO.COM/APPLESEEDRADIO 

SEEYA AFTER THE 4 OF MARCH ITS TIME TO GET PACKED UP AND HEAD SOUTH

OLDGRUNT ..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE