News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SHOOTING AT RED CASTLE GUN CLUB IN TULSA

Started by oldgrunt, August 29, 2008, 10:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgrunt

STARTING THIS MONTH ON SATURDAYS THAT THE WEATHER IS OKAY AND THE NRA BUNCH DOESNT HAVE SOMETHING GOING ON ..

I will be shooting the Aqt red coats and other targets .I seen a lot of guest looking at oklahoma area.I offer you a chance to see what is to be done at a appleseed .I think you will walk away with a working knowledge of targets and time for each one.If you dont have a rifle I can give you one .Just buy a bulk pack of 22 lr and we can see where your at.I Say this once I am not a instructor just a guy that needs to shoot more so if noone shows I will shoot the targets myself..

There you have it...If your from tulsa or around let me know and I will meet you at the gate and we can go have some fun.......

So with that said you can contact me on my cell 1-580-278-6098 or email oldgrunt33@yahoo.com

please use the email to reach me the PM  wont let me return a message .I use my cell alot being I am always mobile.I surf the web as Iam either fishin or huntn thank god for the Star trek toys..Beam me up scottie...There is no signs of life here...

Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

brennan

Sweet, I am a RCGC member what time do you plan on shooting. You might want to check out Okshooters.com for a local forums also.

oldgrunt

PM INBOUND .....SEEYA AFTER THE 100OYARD MATCH ..BE AT THE BENCH REST RANGE JUST LOOK FOR THE GUY SHOOTING FUNNY LOOKING TARGETS.....
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

brennan

About what time will the 1000 yard shoot be over?

oldgrunt

I been told the shooters are coming from all over so you figure sometime after 1 or 2 if the gun line goes hot at 0800.But who knows might be alot of big time shooters seems we got the only big range around .Either way you call it I'll come runnin with stuff to play with .

I still might go and flip steel at the small bore range in my positions for awhile
0600 is going to come fast So I  better go prepare for the fun thats too come....
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

smle

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

oldgrunt

The offer still stands ....Had two guys take a few swat and inches shooting cards away with them as did a few high power shooters....

If you cant make it on saturdays just let me know the more time for me the better lol..but would rather share the trigger time with others..

So if your a guest on here and not yet joined up you got my info ....Dont let this pass you by guys it can only help...Like the USMC guys on the 1000 yard line said this can only help....belive me they dont need no help wow 1000 with a 80 gr 223 and hit a 5 inches bull? not all were in that but the avreage was just nutzzzz ........and with a sling in the prone Uncle Sam's Miissguided Childern Arent so missguided after all carlos would be proud.....RIP that damn songs ringing in my head again
From the halls of montazzzooomaaa too .....
The shores of tripoliii........We will fight our Counties battlleesss....

WAit a damn minute I'm not a jarhead .....but as a kid I played one....
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

DaveD

Chris,

Those are some pictures!  Hmmmm....1000 yd shot slung-up in prone.  Basic Appleseed skills taken a few steps further?

Brother, Keep up the great work spreading seeds.  If I lived closer I'd join you for a little gun smoke! Hopefully our paths will cross on the Appleseed Trail.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

brennan

Sorry I wasn't able to be there Saturday but if you are there this Saturday I will be there.
I take it you are a member of RGGC? Your other profile says you are in Enid. I would like to get RCGC to host an Appleseed shoot.

oldgrunt

this is coming from wild bill himself aint no way they going to do it????
But they did say I could hold small groups to shoot if I wanted.........
It has something to do with all the NRA shoots they have no range slots for any non rcgc events.....

As in our history even general gage couldnt stop the people  from formin......
NOT LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO PULL A POWDER RUN ON US AT THE 25 METER LINE...

See ya saturday lol .........
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Now that I know I have a few tire kickers in here .Let me say just log in and sound off on each thrusday so I know how many of you will be either wacthin from the other ranges.."I did see you all lookin.".. or just ready to shoot.
The only thing other than your rifle if you have one??To bring is a brick of 22lr and a good never been used... pair of elbow pads..

we will shoot for a few hours or as long as you want my days open ..

Just let me know..... Pm if you dont want to tell everyone your a cook with a rifle ....I'm print targets as we speak...

As for you all that are not from oklahoma.. this is something that any of us in any state are willin to do.......so dont think just because your in someother part of the USA  you cant get the same opportunity from your region...Just ask somebody we are all here too help ..

Now back too my new book
' Pauls ride" .....he just told the redcoats that things are going to get only worse if you dont turn back now.And as distant shot rung out ..duhhh!!!! they just look at each other with fear...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

PJEVANS

Quote from: oldgrunt on September 02, 2008, 01:06:08 AM
this is coming from wild bill himself aint no way they going to do it????
But they did say I could hold small groups to shoot if I wanted.........
It has something to do with all the NRA shoots they have no range slots for any non rcgc events.....

As in our history even general gage couldnt stop the people  from formin......
NOT LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO PULL A POWDER RUN ON US AT THE 25 METER LINE...

See ya saturday lol .........

Chris,
I declair!  You boys been busy!
Who said we couldn't have an AS?  Pres Bob?  Who's wild bill?  I gotta get to know these folks.
  Since we're getting some rcgc folks interested, we need to talk up AS every time we are around rcgc people.
We need to start going to monthly mtgs, grouping together & talking targets and drawing people in!  I guarantee,
if we talk it up & get some interest going, it will happen!  Not this year, but we need to get started now for 2009.
I should be up & moving in a couple of weeks. 
Lets shoot for the Oct monthly mtg
      Phil
Phil Evans
'Loud noises do not usually stop a gun fight,
     Well placed hits do'

brennan

oldgrunt

Thanks to all of you at the range today .I know it was in the rain at first but it didnt stop either of you.I enjoyed the trip to the gun show today as well.Like I said I'm here for ya.....Seems the talks we had at the show were taken in by all ..The more we talk and shoot each weekend the more they will want to know as well..

The packet I gave out came from here if you need help finding any of the topics .USE the search tool above..Like I said follow the steps to a shot ,npoa and dry fire....you all came a long way in 3 hours and you all seen it happen.You did it not me I just gave you the tools  you applied them not me...pat your self on the back ...Well be ready for next weekend hope to see you all again .I have something else to show you to add to your bag of tricks..

And for the ar guys, was it neat or what I will show you some other stuff....
hopefully after all this you will feel good about the next 3 gun thingy you go too..lol

well thats enough for now...seeya next time ..dont forget give me a pm about thursday so I can find ya something else to shoot at  .. thats right we got more cool paper to shoot at ...AS going to be fun for you boyzzz I promise ...OLDGRUNT...... out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

Junior Birdman

Elbows on the TARGET side of the knees! (Sorry, can't help it) :D
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

oldgrunt

This is true but the guy just took to this like a duck too water ..I am only giving them a goal to shoot for ....each weekend they get better and better....
Over come .....adapt.... and improvise these things make a better man ...but things only get better when you feel good about what your doing and they are doing great..remeber we all started somewhere...I knew it when I posted it that his form wasnt that great but for his first time he did better than most no rounds out of the black well placed shots all of them ....thanks guys
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

brennan

Thats me in the Pic. Thanks for the criticism. Well maybe I don't need Appleseed. BTW I haven't shot sitting since my early teens.

smle

brennan,

Please don't take this the wrong way. And that goes for everyone else too.

EVERYONE NEEDS APPLESEED.

Just listen to oldgrunt and when you fially get to a shoot, you'll be miles ahead of everyone else.

smle

oldgrunt

Well its thursday and its raining again lol .Today is your 48 hour warning order for the shooting of targets at the gun range this weekend.I have been setting up on the bench rest range by about 0900 .As for the last 4 weekends I have had many stop by to shoot or just talk.We have a few more weeks till the next boot camp or 2 day  appleseed over at osage beach I hope a few of you try to make it to longshots event .So get a jump start on the bunch and come out and see just what your shooting skills are at this point..Each of the folks that have come have came a long way in just a few short hours.I would have to say their targets speak for them self's lol

The only thing you need to bring is a open mind a few rounds of 22lr and about 3 hours .We will start off shooting a few targets to see where your at.Once thats done you will see where we need to work towards.I have a rifle to use if you need one .Mine isnt the greats but it works for me lol..I do have a working knowlegde of the Appleseed program I wont go into the history at these shoots for I tend to leave that to the great story tellers of the appleseed staff noone can tell it like them....

So there you go bring your gear and your coffee mugs and lets do some shootin.And if your a lover of the ar or other 30 cal. dont worry I know alot about them too.Just bring the tools need to make sight adjustments for the shootin is done at 25 maters we might need to rezero some guns being most have 100 yard zero's .Its not much to adjust a ar from 100 to 25 but we are looking for a 4 MOA shot groups the tighter the better ...Well my info on here so call me up or email me I can meet anyone that doesnt have a code to get in .Hope to see some more new folks this weekend and the ladies are free so bring them to a AS might be the best time for them to learn to shoot.

CRAWL WALK RUN 
where else can you learn for free ........only Appleseed

OLDGRUNT ...OUT...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Did I say we shoot rain or shine? Wasnt much shine today......The hurricane here lol ...So yes 4 hours of fixin targets and wringin out my cover.Thanks to the few that stayed and shot did we learn anything?Sure you did learned how to shoot in the rain for sure.After 500 rounds I think we all seen where we need to work .Standing its easy when the winds and rain fog up your stuff...Iron sight next time huh?

For the guys that took the packets with them all that stuff is right here  just use the search box above and it should pop up.The AR guy the stuff you need is in the deals and steals section .If you need help finding the sight stuff just ask one of us .Like I said you'll get the right answer fast I promise..Dont forget too get the strap I think you seen what a major change it can give you.If you keep coming out on saturdays we can play around with the 200 yard stuff...After you left the range we took a few shoots at the 200 in the standing and I hit my target with all ten but I need to work out more felt like I was holdin a 2by 6
lol but for you that seen it wasnt it cool ?????I promise you  you can do it too ..take that hotrod stuff off and get a sling  get rid of the extra weight you'll do alot better .

Now that everything I own is wet and nasty better go get the dry rags and oil out....Each saturday I plan to be there so if you  like what you saw and want to see more give this a look on thursday and I should update this thread..And if someone is wanting to go  durning the week  hell call me I will come runnin with more cool stuff to shoot.....

TOO THE BOYZZ IN TEXAS YOUR  MY HERO'S GET R DONE GUYS WISH I WAS THERE .......TRUE RIFLEMEN ........IN THE HURRICANE BET THOSE CANDYASS IN CALI WONT SHOOT IN A HURRICANE LOL.....LOVE TOO ALL HAPPY SEPT. 13-14 I ENJOYED THE DAY MY SELF...OLDGRUNT..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Okay here it is thursday and this is your 48hr. warning order for shooting of targets for saturday.....Hope too see a few of you from the past few weekends the sun should be shining and the NRA bunch should be gone ....

Same bat time and same bat channel seeya there ....Less than a month till Osage beach appleseed at longshots .....Hope to see a few try to car pool over to the event .I might end up going aswell ...Well thats it seeya then my info is above call me if anybody needs any help....OLDGRUNT ..OUT....
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Today was a blast......I'm the worst with names but I think I will remeber this one..AMBER a small little lady that showed up with her mom and dad....Thier uncle was trying to show her the basic's And being who I am I saked her if I could show her a few things .Well she took the rifle he uncle gave her and was doing great once she seen what a follow through shot was she was off and running.While her dad was lookin on I asked them if I could take her off to the side and give her my rifle..Boy oh boy once she seen the sling and how to use it her mom said okay I think we need to go I guess a few hours of her nailing the steel was enough ..lol they say girls are better students I would have to agree first time at the range I was told ..So I sent her home with a packet of targets and a swat flyer.The dad and mom thanked me and that little girl walk to her truck with a smile ...Thanks Amber your welcome anytime to shoot my rifle your a great kid ....

Okay as for the other two guys I guess we did good too ..Nothing like hitting steel at 100 yards with a 22 lr ...I still cant remeber everybodys name yet but I think if we keep meeting up like this I'm bound too get them..And as for why we couldnt shoot the paper targets this weekend was the NRA bench huggers had it for the day Guess every 3rd saturday they need the whole range to punch holes in the paper from the bench..lol Nice rifles but its not my thing ....
One last thing I wish some of you others would come back to shoot the AQT some more..Please dont think the Appleseed is not for you  we all started somewhere take what you know and add too them .We all have a way of shooting dont think just because someone knows more they are any better than you ... Hell I had a little girl shoot better than me And I just told her how and she ran with it and was nailing steel like she been doing it for years wow..... wow....With that being said put the ego down and belly up to the rifle and git it done..... I have lots of other stuff to show each one all you got to do is show up and be ready to learn .....
CRWAL....WALK ....RUN......
so try your drills remeber 6 steps to a shot
dry firing drills ..........
And those dreaded 3 positoins ....
None of this is easy but if it was I guess everyone would be doing them too...

I carried on long enough ..Thanks to all that came today And I will try to remeber names ..AMBER is one that I canrt forget wow ..little lady you came a long way fast ..thanks mom and dad hope to see you all some other day on the line...If she doesnt have a rifle to use she welcome to my....I'm still kickin myself for not packing the camera she was in perfect form from the prone ...Bet she goes to school talking about the big guy at the range that let her shoot his gun lol....Well till next time So long ..Your right scout once you get the bug its hard to walk away from this stuff...

FREEDOM HAS A TASTE AND FLAVOR..........
  THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW...........

OLDGRUNT ..OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

smle

oldgrunt

When you get there your gonna make one h*** of an instructor.

My hat is off to you.

smle

Scout

You stay on iit OG! Keep doing what you are doing. When is the next Appleseed in your area? I have one in Oct. you are welcome to come to, and a Boot Camp in November ;) ;D

Keep plugging away there and prepping folks for the program and spreading the word. You are doing a great job. ;D
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

oldgrunt

I have been asked to move our date to shoot from saturday to sunday next week.The reason is the the State of Oklahoma is holding a wildlife expo in guthrie there it will have all things shooting and hunting for free thats right free..They are in the 3rd year of this program I have gone each year at this event they shoot shotguns ,22, plet guns, and bows .The whole event is for 3 days from 8am to 6pm .If  noones ever been its a great day of fun and games for the gun lovers of oklahoma...

This is a great chance at shown our colors at the event so wear your appleseed stuff and say hi if you run into a fellow appleseeder .We could all have a great time at the ranges shooting thier guns for free....So bring the whole crew I promies there's something for everyone......www.wildlifedepartment.com go sign up for the free john deer gator that bein givien away this year....

Soo with that being said seeya sunday not saturday at the range I'll have a few football players coming out ...Maybe we can have a little competion with the AQT and see if we can out score each other....We should have the range to ourself the NRA bench huggers are not going to be around ......Maybe they might like to try it aswell dont forget you guys need a sling to keep up with us .lol ...

seeya next time hopefully at the expo ..stop and say hi just look for the appleseed shirts and the lines at the gun station's ......
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

hiddy hooee all today is the day I pop off to say its THURSDAY.....And this is your warning order for this weekend...I will be there sunday at 9 or so if the gates workin right??? lol the boy scouts have been coming and going alot this week guess its the pow wow for the fall so if the gates are screwin up well call me I should be around the ranges somewhere .We did alot of shooting last weekend on the steel small bore range,, AS was in full effect lol sure was crazy to see 22lr hitting at 150 yards and spinning the steel ....

As I was told there shouldnt be anyone around the good range this sunday....Hope to see a few of your guys out there ..I need to shoot the AQT myself so if not its all mine...With only a few more weeks till Osage beach I hope to find a few that wants to split the gas on a ride over for the two day event my jeep[lift and 31's hunting buggy" just cost too much to try and drive myself.I heard a guy talk a few months back that he wanted to go so if your still around here I wouldnt mind fillin a seat for the 2 day shoot ..Oh one last thing walmart got fed 22lr  bulk packs in the tulsa area might be a good time to get a few  for less than 14 bucks...

So there you have it.... sunday's the day and the weather is going to be just peachy ....Oh Amber go tell mom and dad the range is open for you to play on ....I can give you my rifle if you dont have one and yes the bullets too ...Well see ya all at the expo this saturday just look for the appleseed t shirts and the big guy with all the tattooss that trying to cut in lines at all the free gun station ...oh boy free shells and guns and I dont have to clean not one weapon afterwards....OLDGRUNT ...out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Once again a fine weekend too shoot the AQT.....215 198 ?and 207 not bad after all the time spent on the standing it paid off.Saturday was a blast wish I had more stuff to hand out but I had to keep my pack light at this years wildlife Expo wow .....For the few that got some of my handouts the subjects are all there on this website ..The rifles are call LTR if you search the site it will have just about every make and model that we use for the AQT..Most of the rifles here can be made for less than 300.00 so go crazy and have fun ...

As for todays get together I think it went well..Not easy trying to shoot with black powder and cronographs  and bench rifles filling the aiir with smoke. Dont think thats going too change if and when you get to a Appleseed shoot you can take that times 10 lol and yes the brass is still going to be flying too so be ready to feel the burn...I guess thats about it hope to see some old and new faces next weekend and if sunday works better for most just say something I dont have any prolem with doing saturday and sunday I need all the trigger time I can get...With that being said work on the step to a shot and npoa drills and the dry fire drill sheets are on here they are easy to do in a hallway or even in the living room if it at least long enough....I think if you all try to do these 3 times a week for 1 hour or so the sight picture will come alot faster on the range..Oh wall marts got 500 rounds for less than 14.00 might think about getting a few I always seem to burn up a brick each weekend..Till next time seeya later...

OLDGRUNT ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Well today is Friday and I've been in the woods this week so no warning order was givien....I will be there at about the same time as always seems the rain is coming in so dont think we will just stop shooting because of a little rain !!!!Hope to see some new and old faces ...I would have  to say my shooting is getting better I put to a end of the corn thefts this year lol tree rats dont know what hit them..thanks to AS the frezzer got meat already .I guess they think just because its deer season they were safe ..lol tree rat stew coming up ..

So there it is I will be there ready to lay in the cold damp air ??Anytakers ? I hope so And I have some cool sticker to give away to the ones that want them .The black powder boys are going to be around too always makes for a good show seeing them smoke up the place.......Seeya in the A.M. OLDGRUNT..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Once again things were great ...I guess the cmp guys hate to run me off thier range on saturdays but I got our message out too them too..I guess I need to go play there game and shoot a few weekends with them ..We have the same mission teach folks how too shoot these old war horse's ..I am bad with names but I enjoyed talkin to the old man with the nice rifle I guess I need to start writng names as I go .....Well till next weekend I will be around just let me know If I can help any of you get your nice cmp rifle paper work done ..Oh one other thing I got a new in the box 10/22 tonight anyone want to break it in for me????Its up for grab's this will be my LTR loaner rifle with iron sights for now...And If there anyone needin one for a Appleseed shoot at osage beach I will let it go with a shooter I think it would get you a 210 or better . Well the offer stands for next weekend just let me know around thursday.Till then I got a few deer tags to fill so from dawn till dusk I will be in persiut of the GREAT AMERICAN WHITETAIL......OLDGRUNT ....OUT
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE