News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor KD weekend, August 4-5 2012, Atterbury JMTC

Started by yellowhousejake, June 25, 2012, 10:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Can we get an update on the OP as for info sent in and received?
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

Need DOB for the following,

Michael   Barthelemy
Edward    Bay
Kevin    Hodge
Joshua    Streiff

Maybe I got them via email or PM, but I can't find them.

Everyone accounted for!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

techres

Missed DOB in this:

Quote7 - Sign Up - YOU MUST HAVE SENT YOUR INFORMATION(name, address as appears on your ID, rifles and their serial numbers.) TO Yellowhousejake and Bill 3 PRIOR TO July 29th. To be safe also email your information to in@appleseedinfo.org

PM inbound with DOB!

philagothon

yellowhousejake

Quote from: techres on July 27, 2012, 10:27:49 PM
Missed DOB in this:

Quote7 - Sign Up - YOU MUST HAVE SENT YOUR INFORMATION(name, address as appears on your ID, rifles and their serial numbers.) TO Yellowhousejake and Bill 3 PRIOR TO July 29th. To be safe also email your information to in@appleseedinfo.org

PM inbound with DOB!

I think next time we will post a template.

YHJ

YHJ

yellowhousejake

I am getting ready to work out the squading for the relays. I need to know a few things.

-- Who has worked in the pits at a known distance range? Have you used spotters, have you worked target frames, etc?

-- Who has experience at Known Distance? Have you shot beyond 200 yards, doped wind, etc?

-- Who has a good working knowledge of battle sights/scopes? Can you re-zero a monkey'd up AR with A2 sights properly for a Battle Sight Zero?

Thanks, answers anytime in the next few minutes will be fine  O0

YHJ

YHJ

techres

1. Never worked pits.
2. Done KD at 500 few times, both with sight adjustments and with adjusted point of aim from BSZ.
3. Yes/Yes (not done drum reset in a bit, but will review & confirm with Slim)

Brown

1. Yes. worked pits one afternoon and did some spotting from 100-400 yds
2. only shoot past 200 yds once. done at the last JTMC Appleseed weekend
3. Pretty confindent I can re-set a 20" AR 15 A2 sight system to BSZ
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

brianheeter

--I have worked in the pits at Atterbury and I did work target frames.  If by spotters you mean the plug you put in the
target to say, "The shot went here" then "yes" to that too.
--I have shot KD at Atterbury 3 times out to 400 yards.  Wind wasn't enough of a factor for me to worry about it.
--I have less experience with different scopes and sights.  If people keep track of their "clicks from the bottom" then
anybody should be able to get themselves back on track.  My goal for this KD session is to use BSZ and not adjust my
rear sight for elevation.  Not sure if that answers the question but there it is.

One more thing:  I will, sadly, only be able to make it for Saturday.

Thanks,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

philagothon

No.
Shot 200 with a 22 and did fairly well, not much wind to dope though.
I "think" I can handle number 3. I've rehearsed it in my head, but have not had a rifle/range to practice on. Is it much more than advanced IMC?

yellowhousejake

Quote from: philagothon on July 28, 2012, 08:39:32 PM
No.
Shot 200 with a 22 and did fairly well, not much wind to dope though.
I "think" I can handle number 3. I've rehearsed it in my head, but have not had a rifle/range to practice on. Is it much more than advanced IMC?

Not a test, no one is expected to have done any of these things. I just want to spread the experience through both squads for everyone's benefit. So make a point of asking someone to show you number three  O0

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Yes.
Yes.
Yes-ish.  I haven't used A2 sights personally, but I am good with monkeys.  Will make a point to review different AR and other sight systems again before the weekend.

Also, while you don't want us having to hunt for the blue loctite when we're at Atterbury, it is helpful to bring with you to the range when getting an initial 25 yd zero.  So I learned.  Guess I'm going to the range two days in a row.   ;D
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

yellowhousejake

I was looking for a pic of Ed in his AC hat so I could say "not this blue locktite" and I stumbled upon this pic. This has got to be the best Hero shot ever at an Appleseed.

As Malea relishes in her reward for Rifleman, Rimshot looks on without acknowledging approval. Riflemen already know their worth...

YHJ

YHJ

Chilidog

Chilidog Loctite Wrightman Bryce who needs a name we are all no.no.yes.
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

spitfire51

On a somewhat related note, my spotting scope that was only partially working is by some divine miracle fully working now.  Don't ask me to explain how that happened, but if y'all need to borrow it for the weekend it's available.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

JV

i have never worked the pits a known distance event
i have never been to a known distance event, furthest i have shot is 100 yards.
i am still learning my ar battle sights as i only recently started shooting the ar with irons, i can be taught.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

slim

Zero pit experience.
Lots of KD shooting experience.
I can make AR sights prettier than AJ in about 12 seconds.

slim

Can we arrive on Friday night or is this strictly a Saturday/Sunday deal?

SPQR

range possession is at 1800 Friday.  those must be pretty AR sights.  Not as pretty as a group I shot with a 795 recently.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

techres

We are gonna have to bring popcorn.  This, most definitely, will be a main event to see!

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

NWIeng

1.)  Nope
2.)  None
3.)  Now that I can do.  Piece of cake.  I'm getting better with my M1A sights as well, so I'm guessing I'd be good to go on a garand as well, but don't have one of those.

Orangedotfever

Quote from: NWIeng on July 30, 2012, 06:30:28 PM
I'm guessing I'd be good to go on a garand as well, but don't have one of those.

Isn't there a law against that?
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

SPQR

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Edheler

I'm getting better with my M1A sights as well, so I'm guessing I'd be good to go on a garand as well, but don't have one of those.

Can you supply yourself with Greek 1982 ball for the weekend?

EDIT: Heck, just let me know if you can bring whatever year headstamp HXP ball and I will trade you round for round. If you can't I am sure we can work out something. YHJ already has my M1 Garand info as a backup rifle. You're welcome to use it if you want. Just let me know soon. :)

NWIeng

Quote from: SPQR on July 30, 2012, 11:48:00 PM
By God there ought to be.

Guilty as charged.  I'm perfectly happy a rescue a Garand if you see one stranded, wandering aimlessly and in need of a good home

NWIeng

Quote from: Edheler on July 31, 2012, 12:08:14 AM
I'm getting better with my M1A sights as well, so I'm guessing I'd be good to go on a garand as well, but don't have one of those.

Can you supply yourself with Greek 1982 ball for the weekend?

EDIT: Heck, just let me know if you can bring whatever year headstamp HXP ball and I will trade you round for round. If you can't I am sure we can work out something. YHJ already has my M1 Garand info as a backup rifle. You're welcome to use it if you want. Just let me know soon. :)

Thank you graciously, but I'll be bringing the M1A and all the 168 grain goodness I have loaded, ready to give it my best.

Edheler

Quote from: NWIeng on July 31, 2012, 12:33:45 AM
Thank you graciously, but I'll be bringing the M1A and all the 168 grain goodness I have loaded, ready to give it my best.

I am sure you will do fine! Huzzah! :)