News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A 1st EVER FOR APPLESEED !! **A HISTORY BOOT CAMP**

Started by EEL, January 27, 2011, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Will we be able to get reimbursements if it is not on the schedule. If not should probably let everyone know this is on their dime for travel. You did send this out to the region, and some folks my be traveling a ways.
Thanks, D-fly

Quote from: Garand69 on February 09, 2011, 08:17:28 PM
Quote from: Patriot Gal on February 09, 2011, 11:39:15 AM
Do you want the HistoryIBC added to Instructor Scheduling so people can sign up there?  Certainly it can be set up like a regular IBC and have IITs sign up on Eventbrite.

There's still lots of time in which to get that in place.  May help draw others from the surrounding states who may not have happened across the notice on the Illinois board.

What say y'all?
Patriot Gal

Thanks for asking PGal O0

This 1st annual event is coming out of our pockets, so we would rather run it as we are. The cost per person for lodging and food is hard to beat as it is, we don't need to add extra expense going through E-Brite on this one.

The next one.... who knows O0
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

EEL

D-Fly,
Thanks for your concerns.  To my recollection, attending an RBC, IBC, or a shoot as a student has never been up for reimbursement.  

The telling of the story is what separates Appleseed from every other shooting clinic.   We have all been to shoots that were "just shoots".  Having an interesting account of that day makes the difference between just "having an Appleseed" and really bringing the day to life.  Making the shooters feel the emotion.  Making them think.  Making them come to grips with their obligation as Americans.

Just like any other Boot Camp (RBC, IBC, AIBC), the reason it was put out regionally is that it is NOT exclusively an Illinois thing.  Far from it.  This is open to all who want to learn more about how to tell the story.  For this program to continue to grow, we need story tellers.  

$20 for a weekend of quality history instruction, a warm place to bunk, and food for your belly.  Sounds like just the ticket for aspiring Red Hats and Shoot Bosses.  

Heck, we'll even open the border so youse Wisconsin guys can come down too  ;)

EEL

Edit to add:

Just got a PM from D-Fly.  He believed it was closed to instructors. #)  That's EXACTLY who this is directed at.  IIT 0 through Shoot Boss.....even SIs :o are welcome to come and see if they can improve their delivery.  Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Old Glory!

I think attending a IBC as an instructor is up for reimbursement.  If its not on the schedule, it can not be reimbursed.

I think this is what D- fly meant.

OPP's wrong log in :o

Colycat
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Garand69

Well hello OG ;) I'm sure that's what Pariot Gal meant as well and I spaced it out and Event-Brite popped in my head instead of IS  #)

For those interested in helping Instruct this, we may have room left, but we are not doing Reimbursements.

If you have been doing History very well, we may be interested, just PM EEL and cc it to Garand69, with your desire to help and a reference or two. Remember, no reimbursements will be made, and in fact, everyone, including Instructors of the HBC and those helping with this event will be paying the same small fee, whether you choose to sleep and eat at the facilities or not.

Now that that is out of the way... ^:)^

The HBC Curriculum/POI is really beginning to take shape. I can guarantee that this will be unlike any Appleseed Event that you have ever attended! HBC Course Specific handouts are being prepared as we speak. The menu has been handled, and you will not be disappointed or leave hungry.

RSVP Pappy

See you all there, we have plenty of room  :cool2:
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

colycat

Really doesn't matter G69.  In order for it to be a real AS event it has to be listed in both places.  This I think is for the insurance RWVA covers.  Probably not much danger in doing history,  :cool2: so the insurance is a moot point.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

QuoteProbably not much danger in doing history,   so the insurance is a moot point.
That depends on who's doing it. :sos:
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Garand69

Quote from: colycat on February 10, 2011, 12:52:36 PM
Really doesn't matter G69.  In order for it to be a real AS event it has to be listed in both places.  This I think is for the insurance RWVA covers.  Probably not much danger in doing history,  :cool2: so the insurance is a moot point.

Oh it most certainly does matter Coly...

This is 100% Appleseed. It is 110% Illinois Appleseed.

We just don't need to worry about the typical legal issues involved with shooting Rifles, so we are not concerned with shoe-horning this event into a shoe that may not fit in order to be eligible to fall under the umbrella policy, simple as that. Now of course, if an IIT or Senior Instructor stubs a toe, or breaks a nail... and feels it is up to the RWVA to cover their pain and suffering.... I would first say this individual most certainly did not learn such a silly-poor me I'm entitled attitude at an Illinois Appleseed.... and Second, we have shovels  >:D

This is something new, a prototype so to speak. Back in the mid-sixties, when Detroit wanted to try something new (ie, their latest fastest car ) they sent an Engineer out with their latest and greatest creation out to Woodward Ave to see how the crowd liked it... They didn't worry themselves with the little details. They got it done, and if it was met with great results, then they sold it to the big wigs... Silly ideas like that created the Max Wedge and Hemi Mopars, Big Block Mustangs, GTO's, and Stage 1 Buick GS's. Now don't get me wrong, I do apologize for the Gearhead analogy, but it fits here.

What we develop here will be shared with the rest of the RWVA Community, so don't worry about it "not" being Appleseed, it very much is. Just think of Ottawa, IL. being to Appleseed, as to what Woodward Ave, Detroit was to Musclecar Development in the 60's O0

So the question really is this.... If you had the opportunity to participate in the "skunkworks" efforts of Detroit in the 60's, would you??? And of course, if you don't get the whole "Car Thing", Wouldn't it be sweet to participate in a ground breaking idea that will carry The Appleseed Project to the next level????

We look forward to seeing you all there :cool2:

RSVP Pappy
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Quote from: AFTERMATH on February 10, 2011, 07:50:37 PM
QuoteProbably not much danger in doing history,   so the insurance is a moot point.
That depends on who's doing it. :sos:

AMEN Brother!!!! That's what we are trying to fix  O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

dragonfly

I gotta work the Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Expo  :wall: .

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

M1D

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this (food, props, etc.)  I am one of those most in need of an HBC and will do anything I can to help make it work.
John
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Garand69

Woo Hoo We got D-Fly on board as well as an offer of assistance from M1D  O0

Welcome aboard Fellas. I'll keep you posted on possible items M1D, thanks for offering ^:)^
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Gumballhead

Deacon

I guess this is where I raise my hand and let you know that I will be honored to be at the first ever Illinois HBC!

PM inbound to Pappy.

Great idea guys!  This will give me a little more confidence at the April big event!  It has been a looong winter without telling the story!

Deacon

Garand69

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
Singin a bar of Illinois' First Ever History Boot Camp and walking out. They may think it's an Organization...

And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said FIFTY PEOPLE a day walking in Singin a bar of Illinois' First Ever History Boot Camp and Walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is , the Illinois' First Ever History Boot Camp Anti-Butcher the History Movement, and All you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the Guitar..........

And RSVP Pappy!!!!!

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Patriot Gal

FYI, it doesn't have top be listed in both places (Instructor Schedule and Eventbrite).  We have had private shoots which have been listed on Instructor Schedule and NOT on Eventbrite b/c they are private and not open to everyone.

Just thought you should know.
Patriot Gal/I.S.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Oop!  To gracefully backpedal a bit on what I just said.  Yes, it's true that there have been private shoots listed on Instructor Schedule but not on Eventbrite.  That is true.  

HOWEVER, I was just informed (by an unimpeacheable source  ;) ), that to be an Appleseed event, it does have to be listed on both Instructor Schedule AND Eventbrite.  

So if this is an Appleseed event, why don't we just do that and make life simple?

I was just wonderin'.......
PG

Quote from: Patriot Gal on February 13, 2011, 06:53:12 PM
FYI, it doesn't have top be listed in both places (Instructor Schedule and Eventbrite).  We have had private shoots which have been listed on Instructor Schedule and NOT on Eventbrite b/c they are private and not open to everyone.

Patriot Gal/I.S.

Really doesn't matter G69.  In order for it to be a real AS event it has to be listed in both places.  This I think is for the insurance RWVA covers.  Probably not much danger in doing history,  :cool2: so the insurance is a moot point.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Boba Fett

PG,
How about we just let the State Coordinator handle it? :cool2: That's why he gets paid the big bucks.  ;)  **)

Quote from: Patriot Gal on February 13, 2011, 07:37:33 PM
Oop!  To gracefully backpedal a bit on what I just said.  Yes, it's true that there have been private shoots listed on Instructor Schedule but not on Eventbrite.  That is true.  

HOWEVER, I was just informed (by an unimpeacheable source  ;) ), that to be an Appleseed event, it does have to be listed on both Instructor Schedule AND Eventbrite.  

So if this is an Appleseed event, why don't we just do that and make life simple?

PG

FYI, it doesn't have top be listed in both places (Instructor Schedule and Eventbrite).  We have had private shoots which have been listed on Instructor Schedule and NOT on Eventbrite b/c they are private and not open to everyone.

Patriot Gal/I.S.

Really doesn't matter G69.  In order for it to be a real AS event it has to be listed in both places.  This I think is for the insurance RWVA covers.  Probably not much danger in doing history,  :cool2: so the insurance is a moot point.

Castle Mountain

..:.. #)
The good lady is merely asking a 'valid question' , "Slippery Lips " :o ^:)^ ^:)^ **)
The state coordinator is much more capable of speaking for himself. O0
It is her privelage to ask, yet for some strange reason or compulsion
you demonstrate that you do not approve #)

CM &)

Shall it be dueling pistols at dawn or sabres? ;D ;D @) ^:)^ &)
As the honor of my my lady has been broached

Quote from: Boba Fett on February 13, 2011, 11:59:24 PM
PG,
How about we just let the State Coordinator handle it? :cool2: That's why he gets paid the big bucks.  ;)  **)

PG

Patriot Gal/I.S.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

EEL

Unimpeachable source?  Yeah, I think we have heard enough from the unimpeachable source to last a lifetime.  This "source" has caused enough damage within Appleseed one must wonder if they are an agent provocateur.
See here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2038.msg21999#msg21999 

But we digress.

Make no mistake...THIS IS AN APPLESEED EVENT.  However, due to the nature of this event, it is not being posted in IS or EventBrite.  There has never been an HBC, we are breaking new ground.  

Registration is via PM to Pappy. There will be a $20 "cover charge" that will pay for the hall and the eats.  The HBC is FREE!!

For those that will be instructing, instructor assignments will be done by the State Coordinator.  You will receive a PM with your assigned area of responsibility.

If you are not instructing, attend anyway.  A good opportunity to sharpen those story telling skills just in time for the big push on April 16-17.  

Again, PM Pappy with your registration and look forward to seeing you there.

EEL

Patriot Gal

lol  I thought someone would catch that.  ;) Just seeing who was paying attention.  :cool2:

I am fine with the setup. I think the Masonic Lodge is a great facility and meets our needs well.

I know we wanted to do more history at the IBC and the weekend was just too short to get it all done.  I think the HBC is a very good idea and I'm glad to be able to attend.  I'll also bring along some goodies to share.

In the meantime, I'll be busy reading PRR. (Gotta stay ahead of our new IITs.  What a GREAT group they are!!!)  O0

PM to Pappy.

Thanks EEL and thanks for all you do for Appleseed everybody!
Patriot Gal

Quote from: EEL on February 14, 2011, 10:12:16 AM
Unimpeachable source?  Yeah, I think we have heard enough from the unimpeachable source to last a lifetime.  This "source" has caused enough damage within Appleseed one must wonder if they are an agent provocateur.
See here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2038.msg21999#msg21999  

But we digress.

Make no mistake...THIS IS AN APPLESEED EVENT.  However, due to the nature of this event, it is not being posted in IS or EventBrite.  There has never been an HBC, we are breaking new ground.  

Registration is via PM to Pappy. There will be a $20 "cover charge" that will pay for the hall and the eats.  The HBC is FREE!!

For those that will be instructing, instructor assignments will be done by the State Coordinator.  You will receive a PM with your assigned area of responsibility.

If you are not instructing, attend anyway.  A good opportunity to sharpen those story telling skills just in time for the big push on April 16-17.  

Again, PM Pappy with your registration and look forward to seeing you there.

EEL

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Garand69

You beat me to the reply Patriot Gal, but here it goes anyway!

PG

Patriot Gal/I.S.

Good morning Patriot Gal, and if Castle Mountain doesn't mind... Happy Valentines day :)

I answered Colycat in Reply #36... While giving the answer of all at Reply #36 instead of #42 may have been a lack of judgment on my part, I had an feeling that Deacon would steal Reply #42, so I answered in a preemptive fashion... >:D

I have to agree with EEL on "unimpeachable" sources, and being a kinder gentler sensible State Coordinator, I'll leave it at that ;D

As I addressed earlier, this is a 100% Appleseed and 110% Illinois Appleseed simple as that. Here are a few key points...

#1, The entire History Boot Camp, all 15-16 hours, will be revolving around telling the History and Benediction that is REQUIRED at an Appleseed Shoot to make it an Appleseed shoot.

#2, The entire History Boot Camp, all 15-16 hours, will be instructed by hard working Volunteers of the RWVA Appleseed Project

#3, and lastly, The entire Objective of this ground breaking Appleseed HBC, is to improve the Appleseed Instructor Pool by improving the overall average History presentation and Benediction, with the hope, that more Appleseed Shooters are "reached" and therefore more Appleseed Shooters step up to the plate.

Now for the most part, those 3 things have it covered as far as we are concerned, and I would be willing to bet that yourself and even the "Unimpeachable Source" would agree that that is most certainly 100% Appleseed. Then you would say... "Garand69, that is Appleseed, why not just put it on the schedules, it would be done and the unimpeachable source would quit whining and stop putting folks up to posting on this thread that it isn't an Appleseed event!" ++)

It is really quite simple. We are hosting an event that does not currently exist in the catalog, yet we feel it is so extremely important that it should be, we are going to create it. Now some might say that is a bit ego generated, but it is not, it is avoiding all of the ego and going straight to the needs of the program. EEL, Pappy, and I have all worked many many years in the Volunteer world, long before Appleseed existed.

WE understand that when you see an issue that needs to be addressed, you have a couple of ways to address it. You can go through all the channels/meetings/sub-committee mtgs/board mtgs/etc in order to pitch your idea and in doing so deal with all the ego's that insist everything is just peachy keen, leave it alone. OR you can go the skunkworks route where you have a concept, implement a plan, take notes and put it all on a platter and THEN start going through the channels with solid material in your hands, not just an idea. We have chosen the Skunkworks concept.

We see a need to help Appleseeders master the History/Benediction Presentation. We feel the IBC is great, but it lacks a focus on the History/Benediction. We feel it is that History/Benediction that gets folks off the couch to Volunteer for Appleseed, and that less than 2 hours of History/Benediction over the course of a 2-3 Day IBC is not cutting it.

ANYBODY can memorize the 4 Safety Rules, The 6 Steps to Firing The Shot, The Steady Hold Factors, IMC, NPOA etc etc etc. In fact you could simply give every one a handout with the POI of a shoot and your done. We have in place an excellent IIT0-4 program so continue to use that to insure that once someone is a Red Hat, they should be a Red Hat (when implemented properly). Yet we spend 20+ hours teaching those easy to remember things and only 2 hours teaching History/Benediction Presentation, and it is rarely How to Reach The Shooters With Your History/Benidiction Presentation ++) ++)

Now if We went through the typical channels, we would first be told that the IBC is sufficient. Secondly, we may even receive hostility from those hardworking folks who put together the IBC in the first place. It would be a non-stop uphill argument, just like any other "change" around here. I'm not bashing the the IBC in the sense that it needs to go, I just think it needs to be supplemented with a History Boot Camp put together in a similarly structured way, to address the most important portion of an Appleseed Shoot, "The Hook".

Everyone comes to their 1st Appleseed for a reason. Those reasons fill a limitless list full of good reasons and even a few bad reasons. The purpose of the History/Benediction Hook, is to BRING THEM ALL BACK for the same reason.... Saving The Nation!! If you don't get that across to the shooters, they either do not return, or simply return for the Marksmanship alone. WE have really good evidence that this is a problem, and that if it is not addressed ASAP, it will be far more difficult to meet our goals from year to year.

The next Reason that we are not putting it on those schedules is really simple, WE ARE NOT REIMBURSING THOSE INSTRUCTING AT THIS HBC!! As I have mentioned in other posts, we all need this and everyone will learn. Bad History telling exists at EVERY LEVEL of Appleseed. In Fact, in the words of EEL..... It's $20 a Clown and that covers food and a place on the floor to sleep. If you want to stay in a Hotel, and Eat at the HBC... $20.00, If you want to stay at a Hotel and eat at McDonalds because you do not like Pappy and My Cooking.... $20.00

Then we have the next hitch....We feel the HBC is Soooooo Important... We are inviting far more than just IIT/Instructors to attend. If you have attended an Appleseed Shoot, and you are interested in Volunteering in the wonderful world of Appleseed, YOU ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!!!!!

(at this point.... I will be quiet while a particular UPS Jet regains control...........)
Boy that was close.....  :o  :D ;) Good recovery  O0
Yes you read that correct, you do not need to be on the Path to Instructor to Attend this Historically Ground Breaking History Boot Camp!! If you have attended an Appleseed, and you like what you see, and would like to help, you will be made to feel right at home. We need to build an Apple Core in IL (and abroad for that matter), so we can all keep up with those pesky Hoosiers!!   ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

So a quick recap.....

This an Appleseed Event (we do not care what section 4 chapter 2 paragraph 6 line 9 says  :cool2: )

This Appleseed Event will NOT be reimbursing anyone. :P

This Appleseed Event has a small fee of $20 for the weekend, this includes a warm dry place to sleep and food, and it applies to everyone from the Appleseed Shoot Attendee to Fred the Helpful and everyone in between.

To attend this Appleseed Event, at a minimum, you must have attended an Appleseed Shoot and have the desire to Volunteer for the RWVA Appleseed Project.

See you all there, we have plenty of room! ^:)^

RSVP Pappy ASAP!!!!!

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Quote from: Garand69 on February 14, 2011, 12:41:19 PM

(at this point.... I will be quiet while a particular UPS Jet regains control...........)
Boy that was close.....  :o  :D ;) Good recovery  O0

OMG Garand!!!  :o **)   I haven't laughed that hard in years.  >:D O0

Patriot Gal

Best deal in town!!!  And a Happy Valentines Day to y'all!!!  :)

quote from Garand69: "This Appleseed Event has a small fee of $20 for the weekend, this includes a warm dry place to sleep and food, and it applies to everyone from the Appleseed Shoot Attendee to Fred the Helpful and everyone in between."

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Boba Fett

For anyone who hasn't yet met our IL State Coordinator or our IL State Instructor Coordinator, here's a picture so you'll be able to quickly recognize them at the HBC.
I'll leave it to you to figure out which one's which.  ;D

colycat

We have to be more than a little careful with this line of thought.  I could envision an appleseed group somewhere to use this argument to run any sort of IBC's. 

Quote from: Garand69 on February 14, 2011, 12:41:19 PM

It is really quite simple. We are hosting an event that does does not currently exist in the catalog, yet we feel it is so extremely important that it should be, we are going to create it. Now some might say that is a bit ego generated, but it is not, it is avoiding all of the ego and going straight to the needs of the program. EEL, Pappy, and I have all worked many many years in the Volunteer world, long before Appleseed existed. WE understand that when you see an issue that needs to be addressed, you have a couple of ways to address it. You can go through all the channels/meetings/sub-committee mtgs/board mtgs/etc in order to pitch your idea and in doing so deal with all the ego's that insist everything is just peachy keen, leave it alone. OR you can go the skunkworks route where you have a concept, implement a plan, take notes and put it all on a platter and THEN start going through the channels with solid material in your hands, not just an idea. We have chosen the Skunkworks concept.

This an Appleseed Event (we do not care what section 4 chapter 2 paragraph 6 line 9 says  :cool2: )

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

jmdavis

Perhaps I need to feature this quote more prominently:

Of course that quote is based on the idea of trusting colleagues and subordinates to be well trained, have commonsense, and be willing to do the right things.

Good luck with the HBC guys. I think that it's a great idea and I wish that I could make it. But this year, I can't.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Garand69

Quote from: jmdavis on February 14, 2011, 01:50:14 PM
Perhaps I need to feature this quote more prominently:

Of course that quote is based on the idea of trusting colleagues and subordinates to be well trained, have commonsense, and be willing to do the right things.

Good luck with the HBC guys. I think that it's a great idea and I wish that I could make it. But this year, I can't.

Mike

Extremely well said Sir O0

Coly, I guess for some reason you are either not listening to us regarding what this HBC is, or maybe you just don't see the reasoning behind what we are doing at all. That's fine, but please help me keep this thread on track, by staying on track.

We are not running "any sort of IBC", we are running an HBC. IBC's and RBC's are already very well developed and have a list of requirements to be such. We aren't changing those requirements in any way shape or form, nor do we have the interest to.

Thanks in advance.
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Wade

Now if I can just get a load going there at the right time ,,,,,,,yep I have been at this As thing for a little while  do I think my history could use improvement ? YEP ! do I think my telling of it could use some improvement YEP !  Could I survive G-mans cooking ,,,,,,,,, Um Um um ,,,,,,,

I will try to get there .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Garand69

Quote from: Wade on February 15, 2011, 12:21:20 AM
Now if I can just get a load going there at the right time ,,,,,,,yep I have been at this As thing for a little while  do I think my history could use improvement ? YEP ! do I think my telling of it could use some improvement YEP !  Could I survive G-mans cooking ,,,,,,,,, Um Um um ,,,,,,,

Wade

Be sure to bring the FEMZPM's with you  O0  :cool2:
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Wade

Quote from: Garand69 on February 15, 2011, 12:50:06 AM
Quote from: Wade on February 15, 2011, 12:21:20 AM
Now if I can just get a load going there at the right time ,,,,,,,yep I have been at this As thing for a little while  do I think my history could use improvement ? YEP ! do I think my telling of it could use some improvement YEP !  Could I survive G-mans cooking ,,,,,,,,, Um Um um ,,,,,,,

Wade

Be sure to bring the FEMZPM's with you  O0  :cool2:
HA you just want to test your cooking on them  Animal cruelty I say,,,I will see if I can bring a small herd.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !