News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A 1st EVER FOR APPLESEED !! **A HISTORY BOOT CAMP**

Started by EEL, January 27, 2011, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dugjeep

Wanna to make it but I am already down for the WI deer expo unless they have enough guys already.  Does anybody know if there good on bodies for the expo?

mountainman2222

Holy Cow, a chance to bring my terrible history skills up a notch or two.  How could I say no.  One day I could tell the history in the manner that Appleseed deserves.  That is definitely worth doing.  Just stick me in a corner at night and I will apologize for the snoring and the book light later.

Been on some pretty hard financial times as of late and it has given me a serious case of the blues.  Can't think of a better way to get me out of the funk.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  --Bejamin Franklin

Garand69

Wade Dugjeep and Mountainman2222.... Welcome aboard!!! You get that load to Chi-Town yet???

3 More  ^:)^ Most excellent!!! Actually a little bird told me the numbers are getting up there! Thanks to all that have RSVP'd Pappy!!!

This weekend a meeting is being held to start tying everything together. It's in a top secret undisclosed location so don't try finding us  **) We are following the led of WI and IN...... senators and meeting in seclusion in.... Iowa ^:)^ ^:)^
                      PAY AT THE DOOR 20.$$FRN

Get on board Quick, you won't want to miss this one!!

RSVP PAPPY!!!!!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Castle Mountain

As the time draws nearer for this History Boot Camp I am mindful of the power of the story
and how it can indeed influence the hearts and minds. The following movie although less than
30 minutes will bring to mind some touch points we all need reminding of from time to time
that the things we say and do can and do have powerful potential of affecting lives.
Viewing this movie should embellish or at least affirm these truths.  Learn from this
sage, this aged professor who was awakened and carry his experience as reminder
of the great and powerful force for good Appleseed has at it's disposal.
It all begins with the instructors. What we will learn we will teach and will leave a message
that will turn the rudder of this misguided ship called America. This can and will be our legacy
we leave for this nation, that we made a difference.

Enjoy it for its good for it is indeed a classic titled:

"THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD" and please no tin foil hats for this viewing  :D and listen carefully. :)

http://www.cbs.com/classics/the_twilight_zone/video/?pid=gGeiq84_xsYSK28lZrkoKE_6qedT_JNf

Best regards,

Castle Mountain

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam-" I will find a way or I will make one".
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Cooper

CM

Thank you for this delightful link!

As a professor, I often struggle with the trade-off between teaching and "productivity" in my work.  Thank you for this reminder of the value of reaching lives compared to saving lives.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Garand69

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

WE ARE ROCKIN' ALONG!!!!! 25 signed on so far and a great HBC Committee Meeting today!!

You folks will be very happy with the POI we worked on today! ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO!!!!

RSVP Pappy!!!!!
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

mountainman2222

I hope this is a good spot to post this.

I had an opportunity to talk with one of our Illinois Appleseed attendees the other day.  She and a friend of hers attended one of our events in Bonfield, Illinois last June or July.  They enjoyed the event but where disappointed with what they felt was way too much in the history department.  So much so that they did not return on Sunday.  She said that the history went on for so long that they got bored.  I know it has been suggested that we limit the time spent on telling the stories that we love so much.  Just an example of how important that really is.  This girl is the receptionist at our Union Hall and would have been a great person to get on board.  Instead we have a high profile person that will not be giving us a favorable review.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  --Bejamin Franklin

Garand69

Quote from: mountainman2222 on February 28, 2011, 09:34:49 PM
I hope this is a good spot to post this.

I had an opportunity to talk with one of our Illinois Appleseed attendees the other day.  She and a friend of hers attended one of our events in Bonfield, Illinois last June or July.  They enjoyed the event but where disappointed with what they felt was way too much in the history department.  So much so that they did not return on Sunday.  She said that the history went on for so long that they got bored.  I know it has been suggested that we limit the time spent on telling the stories that we love so much.  Just an example of how important that really is.  This girl is the receptionist at our Union Hall and would have been a great person to get on board.  Instead we have a high profile person that will not be giving us a favorable review.

I am very familiar with that particular event, and that is why this HBC is very important. Every Appleseed tells the same Stories, BUT, if it is done improperly, you lose people. People come to their first shoot to shoot, if you bury them with History they will not be happy with the program. But if you break it up and keep the Stories short and effective, they will appreciate the History and the Marksmanship Instruction and therefore return to another to seek that Rifleman Patch. If the History is properly applied at their Second Shoot, they are almost guaranteed to be hooked, A Third Shoot and they are asking how they can help. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

This is why the HBC is so important. An IBC Primarily is all about how to teach Marksmanship and at times, depending on how well that goes, it can cut short the time available for History and turn it into a "work in History when you can" situation. We feel The Properly Telling of The History required is the most important aspect of an Appleseed Shoot. When it is done right, people love it, come back, and tell others about the program. When it is done poorly, you lose the Shooter. :-[

Something that creates this problem is the belief that a "one size fits all " approach is good. To the contrary, every shoot is different, and the History must be applied in a way that takes that into account. You will learn that at this HBC O0

See you all at the HBC

RSVP PAPPY!!!!!!

O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Garand69

2 clicks is right! RSVP Pappy ASAP!!!! The Guy has recently been added to the roster! ^:)^
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Shooter30-06

Add Shooter30-06 and AK to the list of attendees.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

mtbrass

2 clicks low

Pappy

Hello Team Illinois and others who are interested; Yes it is time to let me know YOU will be at the first HISTORY BOOT CAMP weekend at the Masonic Temple in Ottawa Illinois.... RSVP me as soon as you can.. The fee is 20$ US, this will cover meals and rent.
We all know that history as we give it can have a great power over folks,,,, We would like each one of you to get better with your history and this is where it will happen... Please understand there are only a few weeks till the event and with the change to the instructor staff here in ILLINOIS WE TEAM ILLINOIS are sure there will be a large group.... All who are interested PLEASE PM me to assure a slot, those who do not could risk being turned away at the door.
Thanks Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

ITB

PM sent.  Trying to round up more of the Michigan crew....
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

dugjeep

Is there still openings or is this full? if theres still openings count me in, if not I'll go to waterman

2 clicks low

Quote from: dugjeep on March 16, 2011, 06:15:06 PM
Is there still openings or is this full? if theres still openings count me in, if not I'll go to waterman

Of course there is always room for you. Just PM Pappy.
2cl

Garand69

WE HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM!!!!!! Just PM Pappy with your RSVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Hello Folks; We are up to 42 attendees for the First History Boot Camp, there are about 42 additional openings leaving room for all 24 Team Illinois Instructors.  :) :) ;) ;D :cool2: 8) Yes there is room but YOU MUST PM ME!! Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Cooper

Damn, damn, damn, damn...
I'm stuck on hospital call.
Please begin planning future HBC's with lots of lead time...

Blessings on you all, and blessings on the messages that you will teach, and blessings on those that will take that teaching and send it forth for the salvation of our Nation!!

To the success of Project Appleseed, HOOAH!!

coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Gravy

Quote from: Pappy on March 18, 2011, 10:28:12 PM
Hello Folks; We are up to 42 attendees for the First History Boot Camp, there are about 42 additional openings leaving room for all 24 Team Illinois Instructors.  :) :) ;) ;D :cool2: 8) Yes there is room but YOU MUST PM ME!! Pappy

That attendance is fantastic!  Way to go!  It pains me to know I can't make it.  That's the kiddo's spring break and we're heading south to worship the sun.  In other words, I can't get out of it.  I'll have to wait with Cooper for the next one.  I hope everyone has a great time.

EEL

Next HBC will be held in conjunction with the Osage RBC.  Get your time off now.  An RBC at Osage and a HBC thrown in for good measure  #)..........................craziness, pure craziness  ;D

EEL

AFTERMATH

Quote from: EEL on March 19, 2011, 12:50:24 PM
Next HBC will be held in conjunction with the Osage RBC.  Get your time off now.  An RBC at Osage and a HBC thrown in for good measure  #)..........................craziness, pure craziness  ;D

EEL

As of now, I've got it off already. ::)
Though, I may find myself having to hitch-hike. #)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Garand69

QuoteHuh...  That's news even for the SB of said RBC.  Go fig...

Greg

You can't take EEL anywhere can you! I yelled at him for you Greg  !@#) He assured me that a message was sent to Ben via carrier pigeon nearly a week ago  #) and then Ben was supposed to pony express it over to you... I stated my concerns that Ben may eat the pigeon before reading the message, but then again we are talking Ben, the pony may have been on the menu as well ++) ++) ..:.. ..:..
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

OK, OK !!!

The next HBC will tentatively be held in conjunction with the Osage RBC in October.

Sheesh G69, those guys are really territorial down yonder.  Must be that whole "state autonomy" thing.  ;)

Garand69

EEL, EEL, EEL  &) Missouri is our friend.... you have to talk to Pappy about using tact &)

Some of those fine Show Me Fellers are still a bit ornery over the whole St. Louis Arsenal deal when Nathaniel Lyon had most of the weapons in the Arsenal secretly moved to Illinois back in 1861  :cool2:

So take it easy on these fine folks EEL, they are on our side, we don't want them to treat the Tentatively Scheduled Osage R[H]BC as an act of Northern Aggression  O0 Besides, we need to sell out the IL HBC before you show off the National HBC  schedule ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

Some of this might be in this thread before but..........

1.   Arrivals on Friday night are encouraged
2.   We will order pizzas around 1800 Friday night
3.   Breakfast is Sat morning 0630-0730
4.   Class begins at 0730 SHARP
5.   Bring a comfy chair
6.   Bring a flash drive if you want SBIT info
7.   If you haven't done so......PM Pappy with your reservation
8.   $20 payable to Pappy at the door
9.   That $20 gets you the class, a place to set up your bunk and 5 meals
10.  Legal pads and highlighters are a plus.  We have handouts for you.
11.  Bring your copy of Paul Revere's Ride
12.  Read pages 78-260 at a MINIMUM

If you have any questions, feel free to call me.

EEL
1-630-292-6452

See you all in a couple two-tree weeks  ;D

dugjeep

I'll be there Friday around 1930 save me some pizza

Pappy

Hello Team Illinois and others --- All 3000 Plus of yous. WOW, -- interested party in any other states...

DO NOT WAIT YOU REALY NEED THIS

IF you are planning on attending and have not sent YOUR RSVP VIA PM,wake up willy,, ITS GETTING LATE AND YOU NEED TO DO IT NOW!!!! FARGIGN PROCRASTINWATEREs

ARE YOU COMMING OR NOT??? YOUR HISTORY says you realy NEED YOU TO BE THERE.

Pappy