News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jan 2011 Buckingham KD Day

Started by smwwoody, October 27, 2010, 11:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

I have a firm date. Jan 29 and 30

Woody
Fixing some of the holes in your bucket first can make bailing easier

Our children should be taught how to think, not what to think....

KJ4WXC

Patent guy

Can I sign up now?
Patent guy (IIT)
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

BeSwift

Count me in too... I'll carpool with the MD contingent (yes we're finally developing a contingent!) ...  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Spanner

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

sgtmace

Locked, Cocked and Ready to Rock.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

MacMcM

Vacation locked in. I am there.
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

jmdavis

I love it when a plan comes together.  ;D

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

n2oguy

I'm In :---   
                        n2oguy
"Of the people,By the people,For the people"--Abe Lincoln (Except when Big Brother is watching)-R. Taylor

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"--Albert Einstein

Beowolf_357

I will be there, can I sleep in the garage? Thanks

MacMcM

Quote from: Beowolf_357 on October 28, 2010, 11:38:25 AM
I will be there, can I sleep in the garage? Thanks

Woody: Please also reserve me a stall in the garage!

Mac
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

BD

It's filling up fast.  Count me in.
My standard attitude - If somebody lets me shoot, I'll show up and shoot until they throw me out.
Up the Republic

jmdavis

My plan is to camp at the range (in the hammock). We'll see how that works out.  :) If I'm sick that weekend, I will probably commute the hour from the house to the range each day.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

MacMcM

Quote from: jmdavis on October 28, 2010, 05:24:57 PM
My plan is to camp at the range (in the hammock). We'll see how that works out.  :) If I'm sick that weekend, I will probably commute the hour from the house to the range each day.

Mike

January + Hammock =  ++)

jmdavis

Quote from: MacMcM on October 28, 2010, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: jmdavis on October 28, 2010, 05:24:57 PM

Mike

January + Hammock =  ++)

Could be. But I've had it down below 30 before. The key is good bottom insulation (underquilt) and keeping things dry. As long as there's no condensation in the hammock, the underquilt will keep me warm and toasty down to 15f or so.

Mike

Jason B

I'll be there with lots of ammo. I'll sleep in my van.
Lets just remove all the warning labels and let nature take its course.

sear

I can't honestly say "I WILL be there", but I'll be there if I can.

I hope there's still room in the garage, but it's already sounding pretty crowded.

jmdavis

Dinky wants in on this one, too.

We will only have room for 12 shooters, so if someone has to bow out, please let us know as soon as possible. This will be a good weekend of Appleseed instruction, shooting and fellowship. Does it really get any better than that?

Mike

sgtmace

With only 12 shooters-that's a small 'dog pile' in the garage, but still plenty to stay warm. I can always bring my boxers if you get cold. They are pros.
sgtmace
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

FiremanEd

I count 9 shooters and 1 maybe. If you're interested you'd better speak up!! We only have room for 12.

Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

smwwoody

The garage is open to as many asa you can cram in. I will have thje propane tank full for the heaters

Woody

KJ4WXC

sear

Quote from: sgtmace on October 31, 2010, 09:37:45 PM
I can always bring my boxers if you get cold. They are pros.
sgtmace

TMI!

VAshooter

Is it still an Appleseed if only instructors attend? I'm just asking.

Woody, can we get a picture of that black bear that was wandering around your yard?  We can give it to Mike so that he will know who might come to visit in the middle of the night.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next January. Remember to bring a logbook for each rifle you plan to shoot.

VAshooter

The Wolfhound

To finally get to shoot farther than 100 yards!?! Count me in.  I can commute it.

Dinky Dao

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Patent guy

Just checking,
BeSwift & I are the "Maryland contingent" and we are confirmed, correct?
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

smwwoody

Quote from: Patent guy on December 04, 2010, 03:39:40 PM
Just checking,
BeSwift & I are the "Maryland contingent" and we are confirmed, correct?

sure thing

Woody

KJ4WXC

sashok.privetov

Aw hell--this army is going to drive me to drink!  oh wait...  Never mind!   !@#)

Put me in as a maybe.  What's the count now?
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

smwwoody

Ok we may have to move this event.  If we do it would be one week forward or backward.  Let me see your votes on which way to move it.

Woody

KJ4WXC