News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winter appleseed

Started by Mark Davis, July 28, 2010, 01:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremlin

Sounds fine to me.  I've got a post driver in the garage,  frozen ground will make that fun.  :)

MontanaCZ

When I was doing the T-post and wire, I would get my cardboard from the local appliance store.  Those big 'fridge boxes worked great and covered a lot of area.  One on the side was just about the right height too.

-CZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

JustJeff

Quote from: MontanaCZ on December 06, 2010, 10:13:46 PM
When I was doing the T-post and wire, I would get my cardboard from the local appliance store.  Those big 'fridge boxes worked great and covered a lot of area.  One on the side was just about the right height too.

-CZ

Dishwasher boxes are great too....dishwashers are 24" wide x 34" tall.  4 backers per box.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Gremlin

Do we have any idea how many we need?  I've got a local appliance salesman in my pocket.

JustJeff

I forgot to mention that most refrigerators come 'shrinkwrapped' these days.  About the only appliances still coming in boxes are dishwashers, ranges, and washers/dryers.

QuoteDo we have any idea how many we need?  I've got a local appliance salesman in my pocket.
get as many as you can safely store..... you never know when they'll come in handy.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Mark Davis

Gremlin,
Lacking a response from The Count on your backers need, we have 3 shooters signed up as of tonight. There are three instructors and one shooter comming from the Bozeman-Livingston area. That I know of. We may get a few walk ons.
If we had backers for 10 it would likley be enough.
Last time we used the Blue Creek range, a few shooters fired at 100 and 200 yards. Backers for 3 targets at each range could be more than enough.
Beemer and I should arrive at the range around 8AM Satuerday.
Jeff,
If you are storing a lot of cardboard I reccomend having a few good cats around.
The range owner, another instructor, and I cleaned out a shed we had stored cardboard over the winter. Over by Three Forks.
The mice did real well making nests, shredding, and pooping.
We had a nice bonfire for a while there.

ID_Hezekiah

I was hoping to make it up but that looks like a very slim possibility at the moment.  I printed up and set out flyers and Fred's "wanna be a responsible gun owner" targets both days at the gun show down here in Pocatello last weekend.  The dozen flyers I put out on Saturday were gone by lunch and I put out another 20 on Sunday (can't be sure how many were taken - I was busy working a table away from the hallway all weekend and the remainders were cleared by the time I got back from breakdown and loading on Sunday).  I'll try and make it, but can't guarantee.  There were some out-of-staters at the show, so maybe I've gotten you some more local attendees.
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

Mark Davis

Thanks for the promo, Hezekiah, if we get any shooters from down your way I will let you know.

Gremlin

The Count and I set backer board this afternoon.  We've got room for 10 shooters or twenty if we remove shooting benches.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow.