News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winter appleseed

Started by Mark Davis, July 28, 2010, 01:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCount

Quote from: clodhopper on October 16, 2010, 12:31:43 AM
So how about th 11th?
anybody else?

I'd be down with it.   Any date in December would work for me, or January for that matter...

glocker21

I can set up any scheduled date that you guys decide. I will not be able to participate due to the Election and the resulting finish work post election. If yopu guys want the 11th or any other date, let me know I an i will get it on the schedule
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Gremlin

Well, Dec 11th will work.  Weather will probably be better than it is in January.  All of January is clear on my schedule until the 29th of January.  The wife has an engagement that day.  My opinion should count for very little.  I need a rifleman's patch before my attendance matters.  I'm just agreeing to make sure the range is happy to see us and take care of some local promotion of the shoot.

Mark Davis

If The Count is going to shoot boss suddenly, the fourth or eighteenth would work.
Do you want to shoot boss Count?

TheCount

Quote from: clodhopper on October 17, 2010, 12:25:20 AM
Do you want to shoot boss Count?

Sure I'm willing to boss it.   Although, it sounds like you definitely won't be in attendance if we have it the 4th or 18th, and may not if we have it the 11th.   

Any other MT instructors able / willing to do the shoot?   

11th works best for me.

Mark Davis

We may be able to get thburr, and Beemer. How about B-line? I should be able to be there.

TheCount

Quote from: clodhopper on October 17, 2010, 10:23:13 PM
We may be able to get thburr, and Beemer. How about B-line? I should be able to be there.

Cool.   I'll check with B-Line.

Alright, assuming that the range is good with it, sounds like the weekend of the 11th is a go.

Gremlin

Quote from: The Count on October 17, 2010, 11:05:43 PM
Quote from: clodhopper on October 17, 2010, 10:23:13 PM

Cool.   I'll check with B-Line.

Alright, assuming that the range is good with it, sounds like the weekend of the 11th is a go.

Sounds like I need to go shooting tomorrow.  Go ahead twist my arm.  :)

Gremlin

Bluecreek range has us penciled in for the weekend of the 11th of December.  As soon as you give me the go ahead I'll talk to the local gun stores and see if I can leave some flyers.

glocker21

Do you guys want this to be scheduled on national? Get me finalized info (I need a little more than penciled in unfortunately) and I will get it posted
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

Gremlin

When I say penciled in, he has reserved the rifle range for our use for that entire weekend.  He wants final details like 8am to 5pm or whatever we want.  Did you need any further confirmation?

Mark Davis

Thanks Gremlin for making this happen.
Hope your shooting went well today, it's always easyer when no one is watching.

Gremlin

Quote from: clodhopper on October 19, 2010, 01:03:12 AM
Thanks Gremlin for making this happen.
Hope your shooting went well today, it's always easyer when no one is watching.

It was a pretty good day.  I've been practicing a lot for speed lately thinking it would be important for USPSA competition.  It cost me some fundamentals.  So today was all trigger control and sight acquisition.  Groups improved a lot today but they should be smaller yet.  Next time I'll work stance and body position.

glocker21

Quote from: Gremlin on October 18, 2010, 10:16:36 PM
When I say penciled in, he has reserved the rifle range for our use for that entire weekend.  He wants final details like 8am to 5pm or whatever we want.  Did you need any further confirmation?

I can get it sent up for two days 0800-1500 starting on 11 December

money."
Charley Reese

Gremlin

I've emailed the times to the range to get confirmation and do not foresee any problems.

thburr

I will plan on Dec 11/12 as IIT in Billings.

Mark Davis

Hey Gremlin, I think this is where you tell Glocker, Yes please do set it up!

Gremlin

Just got confirmation from the range manager (Mel) that this is 100%.  He asked about any additional paperwork.  In the host a shoot section I see there is a five page questionaire that spells out everything.  Tomorrow is hunting season so the boy and I will be out testing our skills against the forest rats.  Hopefully Monday I can get out there and get that questionaire filled out.  Anything else I need to do?  Do we have some kind of pre-made flyer that I can have posted at the local gun shops/ranges?

TheCount

Quote from: Gremlin on October 22, 2010, 09:22:18 AM
In the host a shoot section I see there is a five page questionaire that spells out everything. . . . Hopefully Monday I can get out there and get that questionaire filled out.  Anything else I need to do?  Do we have some kind of pre-made flyer that I can have posted at the local gun shops/ranges?

The "home office" should already have the questionnaire on file for Blue Creek since we had the shoot there in May.   No need to fill it out again.  Glocker just needs to send in the request to get the shoot on the schedule.  Once that happens a flier will be created within a couple days, and you can print it out and start distributing it.

Gremlin

Talk about a way to make it easy.  I just want to say what a well organized group this is.  I've dealt with lots of groups that couldn't pull something like this off in less than six months.

Gremlin

Ok, I must not have something complete.  I don't see this shoot on the schedule yet.  What else do I need to do?

glocker21

Relax Gremlin...lol the request has been emailed.

money."
Charley Reese

glocker21

I just double checked. Big Appleseed is working on it

Glocker21 sends

money."
Charley Reese

Gremlin

Awesome, building my liberty rifle now.

Gremlin

Schedule is up, I've got flyers printed.  I'm headed to the range to touch base with the range manager and sight in my rifle.  Oh happy day.

TheCount

How much snow ya'll got on the ground up there?   Anybody been out to the range recently?   Just curious as to how things look.   Granted, it will probably snow a foot+ next week, lol.

Last time at Blue Creek we made use of the existing 100 yrd backers as our target line.   Still think that this is a reasonable approach? Or should we back up to the benches (or right in front of the benches) and setup our own target line? 

Gremlin

I'll be on the range today.  Buddy has a new CZ he wants to play with, I've got a new S&W, and the local sherriff dude just got a new Glock and Sig.  I'll report back on snow depths in a few hours.  Depending on how many shooters we have, there is a twenty five yard backer board on the rifle range,  it would support at least six shooters.

TheCount

Quote from: Gremlin on December 04, 2010, 10:49:17 AM
there is a twenty five yard backer board on the rifle range,  it would support at least six shooters.

Close, but we would need an additional 7 feet... and although I don't expect a large turnout, we probably won't know what we've got until right around 800 Saturday morning.   So we'll need to be prepared for more than six.

Gremlin

OK, it was dang cold at the range this morning.  Snow is calf deep, call it 12-15 inches.  The 25yd backer board on the rifle range is 24 feet long.  There are bench rests in front of most of it.  I don't know how we would set up so I guess we'll have to figure it out Friday evening.  I would be happy to come out sometime on Friday to help set up with whatever we need.  If one of the range officers wants to visit out there this week, that would be cool.  The range owners are excited to have us.  In the two hours of shooting we did today, there wasn't a single other person on there.

TheCount

Quote from: Gremlin on December 04, 2010, 02:53:32 PM
The 25yd backer board on the rifle range is 24 feet long.  There are bench rests in front of most of it.
Problem isn't the length, it's the distance from the firing line.   We need 25 meters.   The "concrete/wooden equipment holders" would be in the way.

QuoteI would be happy to come out sometime on Friday to help set up with whatever we need.
Cool, not sure when I'll be able to make it up there.  Hopefully sometime early afternoon Friday.   I suppose we can run with the standard  t-post, wire and cardboard backer setup.   We'll shoot from in between the benches or right in front of them.    I believe I have a few t-posts, and can get more if needed.   We just need to round up some cardboard suitable for backer material.   Snow should actually help in this regard, as we can just shove the cardboard down into the snow and tie off the tops.