News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Daniel Boone (Hubertus/Richfield WI) 2010 shoot info Sept-25,November-20,DEC-18

Started by Muskyjerk, October 20, 2009, 02:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskyjerk

We are locked for January 10th, its for a one day shoot. I am waiting for the official sign off before I send it to Savageshooter.

I did not ask for camping for this shoot since most of us will be at the instructor get together. If camping is needed let me know and I will make a few calls.

Regarding the rest of the year, APRIL 17 18 looks good but our September date looks like it will be moved to August.

We will be meeting with the board at DBCL on the 11th of January to finalize the dates for 2010.

Hardware and I asked if there were any issues, the only thing mentioned was the range closure during the "hunting period" considering all the youth hunts and T-zone hunts we agreed to move the late shoot to August.

Feedback was excellent and the president even made the comment about having this a "regular shoot" meaning it will not need to be approved every year.

Again I should have my event info for January turned in by the October 30th. I have also expanded the shoot to 25 shooters(it may help keep people warmer)

MJ

Deacon

Great Job Muskyjerk!

I am hoping for some really cold weather so this shoot will be nicknamed the "Icicleseed".
Now I have a reason to look forward to January!
-Deacon

Trisha

This sounds great! Way to go Muskyjerk.

Deacon, I would rather just have a winterseed, I am not a fan of freezing cold weather.  ::) I'll be there no matter what tho.

Looking forward to it, Trisha

Shooterer

Muskyjerk,
Can you edit your topic line so others will know what city and state "Da'boone" is in? It might boost attendance.
Shooterer
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

Shooterer

Would this frozen finger "one day'r" be a training session or a "shoot" for those who have been to a seed before and are trying to get their patch? I ask this so I know who to invite.

Shooterer

Muskyjerk

They are shooting for the patch......

just going to be a little colder

colycat

Shooterer,

This will be a standard Appleseed only a little shorter and a lot colder.  Newbies welcome ;)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Muskyjerk

13 spots left.......12-21-09

I am sure most are waiting on the weather report :)

Garand69

Waiting for the weather report?? Are they worried that it may not be cold enough or have enough snow to compete with the East Coast??? :~ :~ :~ :~

I hope you WI folks get some representation on the line, I have heard rumors tha Iowa is getting tired of being picked on by Illinois  !@#) and they are going to try to have more on the line than we do.....if that's the case, there may not be much room left for WI Shooters.. :sos:

See you all soon  **)

12 spots left.......12/22/09 ;)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Shooterer

Da' Boone 1/10/10

As I thought may happen, it was confirmed this weekend that I will not be able to make the morning of the 10th. I will stop by in the afternoon to help where I can (clean up, pack up, eat extra food). Let me know how I can help.

If you know of anyone needing to borrow a rifle or a sling for the shoot, let Turbo or Hardware know and I'll get them some.

Have a fun & safe day,
Shooterer

Gopher Boy

I just double checked.  I'm on the list.  I'll be there!  Going to try to get the yoots to come with me.  I don't think this will be a good one to bring the wife too, she hates the cold.

Thanks for all your hard work MuskyJerk

Old Glory!

One week to go and we already have 18 shooters for the HUBERTUS ICICLE-SEED!    ^:)^

Still time to register and be a part of this record-breaking event!
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/476358802

WAY TO KICK OFF WISCONSIN, 2010 APPLESEED! 

The surprising thing to me - Eventbrite tells us there are more registrants who have NOT yet attended an Appleseed, than those who have already been to an Appleseed.   WOW!  WELCOME!  More NEW Appleseeders who are willing to come out in January.   :bow:

And...the instructor border-raiding and interloping continues!  Those IL instructors are serious about achieving that coveted border-raiding patch!   Even though this is only a one-day seed, considering it is a frozen-toe-possibly sub-zero-icicle-seed, I am thinking its gonna count as a border-raid-of-full-credit toward that patch. :cool2:

I love this Appleseed program!   ..:..   :---   :~

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Muskyjerk

Just got a look at the heaters that Hardware is bringing for the shoot, we should be able to shoot in shorts :D, they make the NFL side line heaters look like toys.

got a couple of calls last week about the shoot, there is allot of interest. 3 spots left 1-5-09

also been asked about a date for August. I am leaning toward the early part of August. any opinions????

See ya this weekend

Old Glory!

Alrighty then!  Dress in layers. :cool2:  Great job Hardware and Muskyjerk. 

As of this point, the only thing we have in August is a tentative Racine date of August 1 (sheesh, don't tell Fred that :-X),  tentative dates for Racine are:
Mar. 13-14
May 29-30
July 31- Aug 1
Oct 2-3 

You are doing a great job at Hubertus; steer clear of the August 1 weekend; the rest are open, unless someone else chimes in here.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Muskyjerk

Got a call from a fellow in MN last night confirming the shoot was on before he and his wife drove the 500 mile round trip  :o Its his second shoot BTW

The scheduling meeting that I will be going to on the 11th will also include next January.......are we doing this again????? heck yeah......do we want to have a 2 day in January 2011 ??????? think about it

Garand69

Iiiiiiiii'mmmmm Dreaaaaaaaming  of a whiiiiiiite hubuuuuurrtus!!! O0
Sold out yet???
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Deacon

Quote from: Garand69 on January 07, 2010, 04:22:39 PM
Iiiiiiiii'mmmmm Dreaaaaaaaming  of a whiiiiiiite hubuuuuurrtus!!! O0

Boy G69.....you have a wonderful singing voice! ;D

M.R.C.

Good luck to everyone going to the shoot. I wish like crazy I could make it to the ultimate quintessential Wisconsin weather  ;D shoot, but I just can't make it this time. The only Sunday in January I had something going on......... :wb:

Stay warm, stay dry, and hammer out some Riflemen!!!  O0

Muskyjerk

To all who are attending this weekend: the Boy Scouts and Daniel Boone are having a food drive at the club. If you have the means to spare something please bring a non perishable food item for the Washington county food pantry.

Thanks MJ

3 spots left 1-8-10

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Muskyjerk on January 06, 2010, 10:01:17 AM
Got a call from a fellow in MN last night confirming the shoot was on before he and his wife drove the 500 mile round trip  :o Its his second shoot BTW

The scheduling meeting that I will be going to on the 11th will also include next January.......are we doing this again????? heck yeah......do we want to have a 2 day in January 2011 ??????? think about it

What?  They didn't even offer me a ride????  #)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Old Glory!

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 08, 2010, 11:52:10 PM
Quote from: Muskyjerk on January 06, 2010, 10:01:17 AM

What?  They didn't even offer me a ride????  #)
maybe it's not too late....
^-^

MN couple, you have room for one more? 

WI always has room for one more (MN) instructor on the line.

Muskyjerk

They (MN couple)called me last night to tell me they cant make it :(. but they will be going to Deluth MN in April :)

Gopher Boy

I just check the weather for the Milwaukee area, and strangely enough it just said "Perfect for an Appleseed"   ;)

OK, not really, but close.  22 and Sun!     

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

G.B.

Garand69

shhhhhhhhhhh GB, we don't want to scare away the cheesehe....errr I mean Wisconsinites ^:)^
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Muskyjerk

Additional Daniel Boone shoots

April 17th and 18th 2010 ^:)^

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/540447493

August 14th and 15th 2010  :~

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/540449499

January 8th and 9th 2011 ..:..

January sign up link to follow  :)

Muskyjerk

I received confirmation today,

If you are a Boone member and have taken your Orange cap (IIT) or have a red or green one, your instructing hours are good towards your membership.

Just another nod to Appleseed from Boone

please let your Shoot boss or myself know how many hours you have worked

Thanks

MJ

Old Glory!

It is an honor to work with the Daniel Boone Conservation Club and we appreciate their support.

Shooterer

Is there a way to find out how many spots are available for the Boone's 8/14 shoot? I want to get a group together, but I'd hate to find out we only have 5 spot left.

Shooterer

edit: Thanks musky,I changed the month.

Mogget

Shooterer,

At the moment, there are plenty of openings for the September August 2010 shoot at Hubertus.

Mogs