News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Daniel Boone (Hubertus/Richfield WI) 2010 shoot info Sept-25,November-20,DEC-18

Started by Muskyjerk, October 20, 2009, 02:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskyjerk

There is no september 2010 shoot

it's on August 14, 15 and as of today there are 22 spots left

Muskyjerk

Anyone missing a shooting coat??? complete with rifleman patch  :o

one was turned in yesterday at DBCL, I have it, didnt want it laying around the club..

IM me but be prepared for some questions  &)

Shooterer

MJ,
Did any cooks fess up to misplacing their coat?
(no patch, no proof of status)
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

Muskyjerk

Nope, still have it in the truck.

I am posting a note on the bullitin board tonight.

Jacket owner found 7-19-10  :)

Shooterer

How many do we have signed up for the 8/14 Boone shoot?

edit: Thanks MJ for the info below.

Muskyjerk

Shooterer

We need to get the word out. As of July 19 we only have 8 shooters for 25 spots. :wb:

(That would be my friends & family + 2 others  :( )

Shooterer

Ok, I was wrong about the 6 of 8 thing.
1. Shooterer
2. Shooterer jr
3. Shooterer jr friend
4. Shooterer's old neighbor
5. Shooterer's co worker
6. Shooterer's co workers jr
7. Shooterer's cousin
8. Shooterer's cousin's jr

Just a note: Non-Shooterers are welcome to attend.

dragonfly

Quote from: Shooterer on July 26, 2010, 11:55:26 AM
Ok, I was wrong about the 6 of 8 thing.
1. Shooterer
2. Shooterer jr
3. Shooterer jr friend
4. Shooterer's old neighbor
5. Shooterer's co worker
6. Shooterer's co workers jr
7. Shooterer's cousin
8. Shooterer's cousin's jr

Just a note: Non-Shooterers are welcome to attend.

Great job Shooterer  O0 , Now if we could get everyone to follow your lead  O0 we would be sold out  8) .
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Trisha

I would like to try to get this event put up on a community calendar in a newspaper that Hubertus residents receive, but I am not sure what the newspaper is. Can someone tell me the name of the newspaper, or maybe even email the newspaper and give them the information about the event? Either way someone respond to this, so I know if I will be doing it or if one of you have taken care of it.

This event also needs more promo happening from LBOTG, chime in and let us know what has been done so we can figure out what still needs to be done. We want more people signed up! Shooterer has done a wonderful 7th step and we all need to step it up and do more!!!

Trisha

ChrisZ was able to send me a PM with a name of a newspaper in that area, The Booster, so I was able to get some information up on their website. This one was a lot easier to do and it was at no cost to Appleseed to post it. Here is the link if anyone is interested in looking at it http://booster-ads.com/pages/ad_details/listing_details?id=27840277

If there are other papers people think that I should post the event at please let me know which ones! Thank you ChrisZ for your help and thanks in advance from people who will be helping me out with the promos!!

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Chris Z

http://www.gmtoday.com/

is another one they have a Washington/Ozaukee county edition I'm not sure what they have for community events listings.  I sent them an e-mail requesting info on that and who I /you need to contact to post something like that.  I'll let you know when I hear from them.

cz

Trisha

Muskyjerk

We keep filling JoeZ flyer box at boone.

Our boone picnic is this weekend so I will make sure there are enough flyers available..

Muskyjerk

we have 13 sign ups as of the 28th

I have two more that are saying they are shooting.

we can fit 25 on the line..........so that leaves around 10.

after reading Freds last email about never having enought shoots and a "one day seed". I am pretty sure we could squeeze in a one day or something.

Trisha

Quote from: Chris Z on July 28, 2010, 03:47:28 PM
http://www.gmtoday.com/

is another one they have a Washington/Ozaukee county edition I'm not sure what they have for community events listings.  I sent them an e-mail requesting info on that and who I /you need to contact to post something like that.  I'll let you know when I hear from them.

cz

Thanks to Chris, I was able to send another newspaper in this area information on the Hubertus AS. Thank you Chris!

JoeZ

I think more thanks is due to Trisha for this. Thank you Trisha, truly.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Trisha

Quote from: JoeZ on July 30, 2010, 09:50:50 PM
I think more thanks is due to Trisha for this. Thank you Trisha, truly.

Thanks Joe. I really would have had a hard time figuring out which newspapers to contact without having someone give me some names.

If there are more please let me know! Thanks all

Shooterer

8/3/10 ~ 14/25
(don't you love people that talk type in codes) ;)

Shooterer

dragonfly

Quote from: Shooterer on August 06, 2010, 11:15:59 AM
Who will the instuctors be for Da' Boone shoot?
Aug. 14 and 15 2010 shoot
JoeZ SB
MuskyJerk
ChrisZ
ColinZ
I heard  that you will have one special guest SI  ;) , But he needs to confirm.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Muskyjerk

Muskyjerk

Muskyjerk

Quote from: dragonfly on August 06, 2010, 05:46:43 PM
Quote from: Shooterer on August 06, 2010, 11:15:59 AM
Who will the instuctors be for Da' Boone shoot?
Aug. 14 and 15 2010 shoot
JoeZ SB
MuskyJerk
ChrisZ
ColinZ
I heard  that you will have one special guest SI  ;) , But he needs to confirm.

dragonfly

There sure are alot of Z's in that line up    O0

JoeZ

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Smokey Joe

YEEE-haw!! Just home from my first AS as a full-fledged IIT! OK, ok, it's something that a lot of y'all have already done, but you only get one first such. Joe Z was patient with my occasional boo-boos; I worked Day 1 as a RSO, and then Day 2 got asked to be LB. A little intimidating, but when offered, you step up to the plate and take a swing at it. Joe Z's nice laminated cheat-sheet on the line commands was very useful, and as LB, I only dropped his timer twice, and it kept working.

Thanks to all--JoeZ, MuskyJerk, ColinZ, and the AS shooters for making it a pleasant, very worthwhile, learning experience for me!!    :)

Deacon

Quote from: Smokey Joe on August 15, 2010, 10:12:55 PM
YEEE-haw!! Just home from my first AS as a full-fledged IIT! OK, ok, it's something that a lot of y'all have already done, but you only get one first such. Joe Z was patient with my occasional boo-boos; I worked Day 1 as a RSO, and then Day 2 got asked to be LB. A little intimidating, but when offered, you step up to the plate and take a swing at it. Joe Z's nice laminated cheat-sheet on the line commands was very useful, and as LB, I only dropped his timer twice, and it kept working.

Thanks to all--JoeZ, MuskyJerk, ColinZ, and the AS shooters for making it a pleasant, very worthwhile, learning experience for me!!    :)

Glad you had a great time Smokey Joe!

JoeZ and the crew make for some great teachers! :bow:

I look forward to meeting you on the Appleseed Trail!

Deacon