News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any instructors up for a KDC?

Started by PHenry, January 27, 2011, 06:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heimdhal

I'll be there saturday morning, possibly friday night.

ThaiFighter

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Heimdhal

We will find out the limits of my AK that weekend....should be interesting cause I have my doubts  :-\

:---

panhead

But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

ItsanSKS

MORE DETAILS!

Just got off the phone with Chris, and with his usual panache, advised me that dinner on Saturday would be "taken care of", with a BBQ in the works.  Other meals throughout the weekend are up to us, to keep cost down. 

The range/camping fee for this event is going to be $30/person/day, for a grand total of $60 per person.  If this amount would be a hardship, please send me a PM, and I'll get it taken care of; the last thing I want is for my fellow instructors to miss this opportunity due to cash flow problems. 

Be advised- this is not an official RWVA event, so there will be no reimbursement for travel expenses or food.  This is simply us instructors getting together to improve our own skills. 

Those that are planning on attending, please PM me with your contact information, including email and phone number.

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Heimdhal

Thaifighter, you planning on making it?  I know your work schedual is crazy.  Would be good to see ya again, brother.

DrJohn

I'll be there on Friday. I'm looking forward to getting together with Florida friends and colleagues and getting up to speed on KD shooting. Until then.

DrJohn
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

ThaiFighter

I'm flying in to Tampa Friday evening...

look forward to being there Sat Morning and seeing all my brethren at RCR :)

I'll have two Garands and an AR on hand if anyone needs a "loaner".  I'll have plenty of HXP on hand as well.

Eric, PM me if you want me to help out with instruction.  I'll do my best to prep from here.  Feel free to work out how that new projector at the hacienda could work in. It needs breaking in for sure...

If we need a screen, Trey has one that I've already agreed to purchase.  If you'll pick it up, I'll wing him payment.

For the other meals, if you want to haul your smoker, I have mine as well.  I've been told my ribs turn out ok sometimes...

Let me know what we need to bring this off!  Otherwise, I'll just see you there!  ..:..

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

FLawyer

I will be there!  Need directions to RCR and info/advice about the facility so I know what to bring. Will try to arrive Friday afternoon if possible.

Looking forward to it!
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

ThaiFighter

Bring: teachable attitude, sense of humor, Centerfire rifle and ammo + range fees at minimum

everything else is a bonus and if you need a place to stay or anything else, I'm pretty sure we can provide...

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16601.0

look forward to meeting you!

W

-GBS

FLawyer

Thanks for the link!  Look forwardnto meeting you as well.

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

Heimdhal

Dr John,

Glad you can make it, look forward to seeing ya again  O0

theri

I have been looking forward to attending a KD Clinic since I moved up to IIT last  May especially since I have an new M1A that I got just for KD shooting. Unfortunately I can not attend this event due to a prior commitment for March 12-13 that is impossible to reschedule with such short notice.

May be the next time.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

ItsanSKS

Theri-

While I cannot promise that we'll hold another one of these KDC's this year, you are ALWAYS welcome to attend the RBC!  (October 9-16, 2011)

The RBC should be on the schedule soon.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

theri

IsanSKS

I am looking at trying to attend the RBC in October but getting off for a full week is very difficult but I will try and see if I can swing it.

Theri
Whiskey Tango 9

douglas34474

Anyone have any 223 they want to part with? I'm building a new toy.  ;)

FLawyer

This is to all the others planning to attend the KDC at RCR this weekend.

As I am making my list and checking it twice to make sure I bring everything, my better half has rather pointedly asked me for emergency contact information - in case she needs to reach me.  As she said " I know you won't do something stupid, but you can't control others. so I need info in case you can't answer your phone".

Upon reflection, it seems reasonable to me that I should have some emergency contact information to provide her.  [and when I get there Friday afternoon I will give ItsanSKS and 9mm4545 my home information in case someone needs to reach my wife...]

Is there any emergency contact information available?

Thanks.

Molon Labe!

ItsanSKS

Leave  it to a lawyer....   @&)

Seriously, good idea
PM's sent

ThaiFighter

I didn't know FLawyer's wife was a lawyer too!   O0

-GBS

AdobeWalls

Read all together, it sounds like this event probably occurred as discussed. And likely successful too. Any plan to repeat? We have all new mgmt at work, and they think 3 days off is a gift from the gods of Olympus - guess they don't shoot much either - and an all-instructor shoot sounds like the best kind of company. Cooler weather is coming, though it's hard to believe some days . . .
Richard McNelis
AdobeWallsOfFla
Tallahassee
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

theri

I am also very interested in attending a KDC.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

9mm4545

Build it--and they will come.

I would also like to see an Instructor Boot Camp again as we have a number of new Orange Hats that haven't had the joy of one those either. I'll help...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry

Any event date at RCR can become a KDC easily enough.

Get me 5 IITs and we'll pick a date for an IBC ASAP.

Don't fergit the upcoming RBC in October!

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

oldfudd

If a date can be scheduled somewhat in advance, count me in for a KDC. 
"Have we the means of resisting disciplined armies, when our only defense, the militia is put in the hands of Congress?"
~ Patrick Henry

smoakingun

I could use an kdc and an ibc, lets try to schedule one
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

9mm4545

For an IBC, we need at least 5 students. I know Rambo Granny and you would make two. Perhaps Mattra for three and FLawyer for four. Now all we need is one more and surely, somewhere in Florida there is a new IIT who would step up. The last IBC was in Tampa but all you really need is a classroom and enough room to do demos and a mock Appleseed. Any ideas? The whole thing can be done indoors so weather doesn't matter. Ammo costs (none) are very reasonable. ;)
The IBC is a great way to turbocharge your instructing abilities and only takes a weekend. Now, for the KDC. There are not many venues that can support one of those. Rocky Creek Ranch naturally comes to mind. Since camping out is the norm there, cooler weather would be a major plus for that. The KDC would greatly benefit with more instructors/students. If you come to the RBC in October, then you have the equivalent of a KDC (and much much more) but a full week is tough for many people to manage. On the other hand, would saving the country be worth it? If you could get a list of folks interested in an IBC (or KDC) and a list of possible dates, I feel certain that we can get something set up. Anyone want to chime in?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

smoakingun

josh is comming with me to St. Augustine this weekend, and should be taking the orange hat, so we may have 5
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Heimdhal

Quote from: 9mm4545 on August 09, 2011, 01:29:59 PM
For an IBC, we need at least 5 students. I know Rambo Granny and you would make two. Perhaps Mattra for three and FLawyer for four. Now all we need is one more and surely, somewhere in Florida there is a new IIT who would step up. The last IBC was in Tampa but all you really need is a classroom and enough room to do demos and a mock Appleseed. Any ideas? The whole thing can be done indoors so weather doesn't matter. Ammo costs (none) are very reasonable. ;)
The IBC is a great way to turbocharge your instructing abilities and only takes a weekend. Now, for the KDC. There are not many venues that can support one of those. Rocky Creek Ranch naturally comes to mind. Since camping out is the norm there, cooler weather would be a major plus for that. The KDC would greatly benefit with more instructors/students. If you come to the RBC in October, then you have the equivalent of a KDC (and much much more) but a full week is tough for many people to manage. On the other hand, would saving the country be worth it? If you could get a list of folks interested in an IBC (or KDC) and a list of possible dates, I feel certain that we can get something set up. Anyone want to chime in?

All though I have some what stepped down from an instructor role (mostly because of time constraints with my new job) I would be willing to attend an IBC AND a KDC again if its close enough.

I dont know if I could make it up state, but if its within 4 hours of SE Florida, Im in.  O0

I'll also NOT be able to attend the RBC, unfortunatley, as we have a baby due Oct 18, so the whole month is pretty much a no-go.

While I may be an eternal IIT, I still want to be the best I can and the IBC's and KDC's are great and well worth it.

bill o rites

i'd like to do a KDC  ,COOLER WEATHER ALWAYS A PLUS ,  oct late or early nov   bill o rites esq. 8)
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.