News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pick One and Run!

Started by PHenry, August 18, 2011, 06:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

I had an idear recently, well not really anything new, but would work if acted upon. See, there's that nasty old word agin - "Act".  :wall:

If we put together a list of promotional tasks and a few dedicated folks took one each and ran with it - we'd get the firing lines filled up quick.

After the last event we had at Hernando with only four shooters, it occurred to me that I have personally failed the program in regards to promotional efforts. Once upon a time, I did something nearly every day to promote the program. I passed out flyers, I sent e-mails, I talk to people about it - little things in and of themselves, but cumulatively over time they have a positive effect.

It's time I got back on that horse myself, and I sure could use some help. One voice is but a whisper, easily ignored, but 10 voices makes a roar!

Below is the list I made after the last Hernando event:
Contact the sheriff's department / police departments and let them know that all active LEOs shoot free.
Contact the National Guard and let them know the same.
Contact local tea party / 912 groups, as our goals would appeal to them.
Contact women's groups, and let them know what Appleseed can offer them.
Contact the local BSA Troop and offer to tell the story to the kids ( I've done this twice myself, and it was well received).
Become a driving force to impel others to act, and attend events.

Please offer additional ideas ( a.k.a. volunteer to do them  ^-^)

Summer is nearly over - now is the time to get the word out, so that we can fill those lines when the weather cools off.
Let's roll.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

53 views / 0 replies?????

I spoke at length with Fred a couple nights back about another matter, and we got on the subject of promotions, or more accurately the lack thereof. I suggested that if we broke the work down into tiny pieces, perhaps we could get more people interested - spreading the work out over a larger group to make it less work for each volunteer.

Fred said "that would just be getting around the real issue". The "real issue" he spoke of is the inability of the modern day American to commit to a worthy cause - to be what Fred calls "an effective volunteer".

I see the primary cause as a failure to place a proper price upon Liberty. I used to think health was #1. I now realize that Liberty is more important than breathing. Without Liberty nothing else matters - not even family or health or anything else.

We all have responsibilities - things we rank above all else, such as family. What will your family do if the good ship USA sinks? Of what value will home improvements be if America fails?

I Appleseed because of my family, not instead of them. I know that if Appleseeds fails to awaken enough Americans in time, my sweet little granddaughter will lose her Liberty - she will one day be a slave. That's something I cannot abide, and so despite having a business to keep afloat and a family to take care of and a house to keep up - I must Appleseed.

Please consider joining me in working to make sure our posterity enjoys Liberty, just as our ancestors did for us.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

TOMINCT

HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH!!!

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Sly223

I am going to the VFW, with a poster and a Three strikes pin-up.
These folks will all be interested in the story and maybe we can get them to promote for us.
This is like a money investment do a little, a lot,and it will get done.
Do a lot, alittle and you have to work incredibly hard for any type of return.
Library Seeds are our path to the future,and will start to fill our lines.
These other suggestions are good as well, I am going to contact the local 4h and Sherriffs posse'
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry

scuzzy

One of my promo efforts recently paid off. I'd emailed the local newpaper a few times over the last year but neve got anywhere. I recently went to the newspaper office and asked to speak to the editor. I gave her my spiel. She handed me off to the outdoors/sports writer.

This is what happened:

http://www.lampasasdispatchrecord.com/news/2011-08-24/Sports/Project_Appleseed_promotes_history_and_shooting.html

Nothing like showing up in person where they can't just hit a 'delete' key for an annoying email.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Fred

Good job, scuzzy! O0

And good OP, PH! :bow:
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Taylor

I wake up every morning asking myself what I can do to help spread the word. I keep plugging away in the expectation that the little crack I have started in the ice cliff will start the avalanche. There have been a few recent successes and I persist in anticipation of the day that I'm buried in multiple avalanches.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

DrJohn

The A/C repairman just left my house. As usual, I was wearing my Appleseed tee shirt. I took the chance to tell him about Appleseed, our Web site, the nearest venue (Saint Augustine) and not only the real message of Appleseed, but how incredibly much fun it is. Likewise when I stopped at an outlet mall on my way to my last AS, I took the chance to tell the cash register clerk about Appleseed. Appleseed is beginning to be noticed by more and more people, and often when I start talking about Appleseed, I get a comment they have heard about it and what a positive program it appears to be. I couldn't agree more that one conversation in and of itself may not amount to much, but that the cumulative efforts begin to mount up. Keep up the good work, everyone!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

PHenry

Scuzzy - I like it - will point this out to all SCs in my AO.
Many thanks for all u so sir,
PH