News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any instructors up for a KDC?

Started by PHenry, January 27, 2011, 06:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Calling all Florida instructors - who's up for a Known Distance Clinic to refresh our long distance skills, so that we might become better instructors at events?

I would love to hold one of these unofficial events at the Rocky Creek Ranch. I haven't even asked Chris, the land owner as yet, but he might just be crazy enough to put up with us again - at least for two days anyway.

If I can get some interest - I'll bug Chris and see what he says.

These events begin with a class on Sat AM and the shooting begins after lunch same day. We start out at 25M to get a good zero and then shoot the full distance AQT on Army D target centers (no 2 ring - who needs it?). Don't be skeered - I know a sweet little lady who done it a funny hat with a CF rifle not so long ago and loved every minute of it.  O0

Who's in?
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

theri

I am definitely intersted in a 2 day KD clinic and believe that I could swing attending depending on the date.

theri
Whiskey Tango 9

ThaiFighter

The "2" ring?  is that the score you get for putting one in the "V" ring of your neighbor's target?   ++)

Please aim for the latter half of whatever month if possible as I am traveling in the first halves.  Hope to see u all there! :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Heimdhal

Im in for sure!

How many rounds is the average clinic, roughly?  I only ask as I may borrow a friends rifle that is in a caliber I do not own, so I need to know how much I'll need to buy.

Sly223

If I had to choose it will be KDC. I have attended the other two Boot Camps.
Like I said RCR, I'm trying to make it!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

smoakingun

sounds like a good time to me, say when
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

9mm4545

Yes, yes, and yes! Very interested and I suspect RG would be as well.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

PHenry

Just spoke to our man Chris out at RCR and he says he would be willing to host this. We have seven so far - would like to see at least 8 signed up. I will look into dates and how Chris wants to work it in terms of food etc.

Now if we just had George63 to help us all out with his evil gadgets.  ^-^

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

oldfudd

PH -- I'd certainly want to attend, but the dates chosen are critical to me.  March on would be great for me.

Thanks,

Dick
"Have we the means of resisting disciplined armies, when our only defense, the militia is put in the hands of Congress?"
~ Patrick Henry

PHenry

of,
Not a problem - I am thinking post March anyway. RBC in October, so should be well b4 then. ItsanSKS is the keeper of the dates - should git his input, but wait - isn't he the guy who decided December 12-19 would be good for RBC last year - nix that!  ;D

Also, need time to build instructor cadre here in FL - add some SBs, so sorely needed, so that ItsanSKS and I can actually be there. With only he and me to run all 68 events in FL this year - we are s t r e t c h e d pretty t h i n!  !@#)

douglas34474

I'm ready for another! Just set a date.  ;)

Doug

9mm4545

Will this be over a weekend or during the week? Both RG and myself are most definitely interested. We are going to be in Tennessee the week of 14 MAR, otherwise March is pretty open for us. Build it and we will come...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Heimdhal

Ive got a a thing the weekend of march 27th, but if its any other weekend in march I am there!

I also just started picking up weekends at work, so the sooner we know the date the better, so those of us that do work weekends can get arrangments made in advance.  O0

:---

FLawyer

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

George63

"Now if we just had George63 to help us all out with his evil gadgets."

I heard that, the latest is an AR in 7mm 08 with a brake, flat shooting, low wind drift, and light recoil. Will be putting it together this weekend.

9mm4545

ItsanSKS

All-

I have not been ignoring this thread.

I have been burning the midnight oils, trying to come up with an appropriate date for this.  We need this done pre-April 19th.  March is the best month, schedule-wise, as we have exactly one event on the schedule in March: Manatee Gun and Archery Club - 26,27. 

April is packed full of events, and we need people up to speed on teaching KD for those concurrent events. 

PHenry has prior commitments for the weekend of the 19,20.  We are rapidly approaching the weekends of March 5,6 and 12,13.  If either (or both) of those weekends work for you, SPEAK NOW.  I am personally leaning towards the weekend of March 5,6.  Short notice, of course.  If we cannot get March to work, then our next opportunity is April 23,24. 

Let me know, and I'll get it scheduled. 

PHenry, what say you?  March 5,6 work into your schedule okay? 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Heimdhal

I believe march 5th and 6th will work for me, but I'll double check when I get back to work Friday.

How much ammo are we looking at going through, cause that may be a deciding factor........

FLawyer

March 5 and 6 will work for me.  The sooner we pin this down the better.

Thanks.
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

PHenry

March is not good month fer me. I could do it, but I'd be squeezing it in. On the other hand - my presence is not mission-critical. Eric has seen my KD POI three times now and he's no slouch at KD himself. He could run it if need be.

Course - I'd miss it.  :'(

oldfudd

Got a couple of questions.  Not being familiar with FL ranges, just where is Rocky Creek Ranch?  If this is a go on March 5 & 6, and I'm invited, I'll need to know soon, as I'll be coming down to our house at Apollo Beach on the 2nd.  Consequently, I'll need to bring my centerfire and food for it when I come down from GA. 

I'm also planning to work the AS shoot at Myakka City on the 26th & 27th.

Thanks.

Dick
"Have we the means of resisting disciplined armies, when our only defense, the militia is put in the hands of Congress?"
~ Patrick Henry

ThaiFighter

I can do the weekend of the 12th,  the weekend of the 5th I'll be in Raleigh.  :wb:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

theri

I don't believe that I can make either March 5-6 or March 12-13 due to prior commitments.  :(   Still let me know the details once the date has been set as it may still be possible but it is HIGHLY unlikely that I can make either of these two dates.

Later in March or the first weekend in April would be much better for me.

Theri
Whiskey Tango 9

Heimdhal

Do we have a set day for this yet as I need to put the request in at work and get some one to fill in ahead of time.

9mm4545

The weekend of March 12-13 is looking much better for RG and myself than March 5-6. Got in some KD down at RCR over the weekend--now I want to do more. Helped some friends of Chris sight in a .375 H & H Magnum bolt gun while I was there. A little bit of that goes a loooong way. Don't think I would like to do an Appleseed with that beast. The gun's owner would benefit greatly from an Appleseed and he was given a good pitch, along with a couple of targets and some brochures. Heck of a nice guy. Ya never know where a seed will sprout...

ItsanSKS

I spoke with Chris today, and based on his range availability, we are a GO for March 12-13.  Please get your schedules in order!

Will advise on camping arrangements ASAP.

If you can make it, please send me a PM, or reply in this here thread.  I will be sending out some reference materials which you will need to have printed out. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

More details:

This will be a center-fire only event.  No need for .22lr, as they aren't much good beyond 200yds, and only then with a really good scope, with a LOT of adjustment.

Just went over my lesson plan, and it looks like the minimum round count is right at 120.  I HIGHLY suggest that you bring extra if possible.  200+ would be a good idea.

Please have the rifle sighted in for 25m prior to the event, if at all possible. 

I will be on-site Friday by mid-afternoon to get the classroom & firing/target lines set up; if you can help, great!  Class will start at 8:00am sharp, Saturday morning.  Bring coffee cup.

marrandy

I'll be going.  Unless I get a job by then and they make me work the weekend.  About as likely as snowflakes in hell   ^:)^

9mm4545

RG and I can make that date so we'll be there. Likely arrive on Friday pm w/camper so we can help you set up.

douglas34474