We compiled the list below from feedback of past Appleseed attendees. It includes those things that did or would have made their experience more enjoyable. Keep in mind that not all items are absolutely necessary. If there are critical difference between the below list and what’s needed in your local area, we’ll make every effort to reach out and let you know.
|Item||25m Event||Rimfire KD||Known Distance||Appleseed Pistol Clinic|
|Personal Items for the Event|
|*A Teachable Attitude||X||X||X||X|
|Shooting mat or equivalent||X||X||X|
|Trail mix/high-protein snacks||R||R||R||R|
|Light, high-protein lunch||X||X||X||X|
|Sunscreen and bug spray||R||R||R||R|
|Small notebook & pencil||X||X||X||X|
|Sharpie to mark targets||R||R||R||R|
|Rifle-specific Items for the Event|
|Rifle (see download for details)||X||X||X|
|Quality Pistol or Revolver (see download for details)||X|
|Either iron sights or scope.||X||X||X|
|Rifle Ammo (2-days/1-day)||400/200||450/250||400/200|
|Pistol Ammo (2-days/1-day)||500/250|
|Two magazines (spares are nice to have)||X||X||X||X|
|Four speed loaders (revolvers only)||X|
|USGI style cotton web sling, 1 ¼” wide||X||X||X|
|Sight adjustment tool||X (if applicable)|
|Firearm cleaning kit and oil||R||R||R||R|
|Trash bag and light-colored towel||R||R||R||R|
|Pushpins or a staple gun & staples||X||X||X||X|
|Firearm operator’s manual & sight/scope manual, if you have them||R||R||R||R|
|Case for rifle or pistol||R||R||R||R|
|X = Needed|
|R = Recommended|
1. Legal fully automatic rifles are welcome in our classes so long as they are only used in semi-automatic mode.
2. Legal suppressors (also known as silencers) are welcome in our classes.
3. Legal short barreled rifles (SBRs) may be permitted on our lines at the discretion of the event Shoot Boss.
4. Pistol Caliber Carbines chambered up to 45ACP are permitted at our 25m events.
5. Pistol Caliber Carbines are unsuitable and not authorized for any Known Distance Event.
6. AR15-type pistols (with or without stabilizing brace) are NOT permitted in our rifle classes.
Shooters are expected to comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws. We ensure our events are conducted in accordance with host range policies.
Special Equipment Considerations:
1. Due to a firearms safety bulletin, .17HMR semi-automatic rifles are not recommended.
2. We are pleased to announce that Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 firearms may be used at Project Appleseed clinics beginning August 1st, 2021. However, owners must comply with the Smith & Wesson Safety Alert. We will make every effort to have a S&W Bolt Inspection Gauge on-hand for owners to check their bolts for compliance. You are encouraged to check the following links to the Smith & Wesson websites for information about the issues and how to check the M&P 15-22 bolt to determine that it is within specification:
See this video on how to check your S&W rifle.
3. An additional Liability Waiver will also need to be signed by any student at a Project Appleseed clinic who chooses to use a semi-automatic .17HMR rifle or a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 firearm.
Appleseed is a fast-growing non-profit nationwide community of volunteers. Therefore, it is to be expected that prices, terms, and programs offered are and can be subject to change without notice. Visitors to our site should be cautioned that printed literature can be old/out-of-date, and that only prices and opportunities currently listed on the site are authoritative as to current Appleseed programs and opportunities.