What to Bring to a Project Appleseed™ Event
This list was compiled from the experiences of past Appleseed attendees. It includes those things that did or would have made their experience more enjoyable. Keep in mind that not all items are absolutely necessary.
Download a checklist which you can print and use.
** Very important things
1. Legal fully automatic rifles are welcome at our events so long as they are only used in semi-automatic mode.
2. Legal suppressors (also known as silencers) are welcome on our lines.
3. Legal short barrelled rifles (SBRs) may be permitted on our lines at the discretion of the event Shoot Boss.
4. Pistol Caliber Carbines chambered in 9mm and 45ACP are permitted at our 25m events. No adjustments for the “.30 caliber rule” are needed as the rounds are already so large.
5. Pistol Caliber Carbines are not authorized at any Known Distance Event.
6. AR15-type pistols (with or without stabilizing brace) are NOT permitted on our rifle lines.
Shooters are expected to comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws. We ensure our events are conducted in accordance with host range policies.
** Due to a gun industry safety bulletin, .17HMR semi-autos are not recommended. A waiver is available.
** Effective immediately the use of Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22’S at an Appleseed are hereby temporarily prohibited due to recent safety issues. This is still in effect as of 4/23/2019.
Appleseed is a fast-growing non-profit nationwide community of volunteers. Therefore, it is to be expected that prices, terms, and programs offered are and can be subject to change without notice. Visitors to our site should be cautioned that printed literature can be old/out-of-date, and that only prices and opportunities currently listed on the site are authoritative as to current Appleseed programs and opportunities.