News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR; Waterman 300 9/10

Started by spitstickler, September 11, 2010, 01:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

This historic event is just about to get started. Attached below are a few pictures of the setup that happened today. Stay tuned for more pics throughout the weekend!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

A little bit of rain early this morning, but that won't slow anyone down.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

spitstickler

Redcoats are up!

RifleWoman

Dang, I miss all the fun.  >:(  Well, I guess somebody has to hold the fort down while the rest of you are off playing...  :P
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

spitstickler

The First Strike of the Match.

spitstickler

Back to the firing line.

spitstickler

Working in groups and having a blast!

B-Line

spitstickler

Quote from: B-Line on September 11, 2010, 07:23:23 PM
How many people showed up?

I don't know what the final number ended up being, but the line looks pretty full.

Here's a video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrHfjOqJjU

B-Line

abridge

IT WAS A GREAT TIME!!!! I WAS PRETTY COOL TO LOOK DOWN THE LINE AND SEE ALL US SHOOTERS TAKING FIRE AT RED COATS, I JUST WISH I HAD SHOT A LITTLE BETTER TODAY BUT I HAD A GREAT TIME AND SINCE I CAN'T BE THERE TOMORROW, CUZ OF WORK, I CANT WAIT TIL THE NEXT APPLESEED AT WATERMAN, IT WILL BE #4 FOR ME.

Mogget

Yes, it was a good day but a long one.  Loooooong.  We finished the instructor meeting at 9:15 PM, I think.  Whew.  Tired. 

Things went quite well, though!  We had two guys clear the Redcoats on the final one of the day in the section where I was standing at the time.  The sun was down before we finished the first and final (optional) AQT, but we got three new riflemen on the their first AQT of the weekend!  And six or seven new orange hats, as well.  EEL or Guy will be along with the names, soon.

BTW, it's a really nice range.  If you're living in the area, you might consider joining it. 

More tomorrow,

Mogs

spitstickler

To those who sent them my direction, thanks for the pics throughout the day.

Posterboy sent in a ton of great stuff this evening. Here are a few highlights.

spitstickler

Mogget

Ah, yeah, that video is great.  Posterboy was one hard-working man yesterday!

Mogs

spitstickler

Orange hats from yesterday evening followed by new images from this morning.

RPD

Thanks for all the pics!!!
2 of my family were there and my daughter said it was a great time and that a new Red Hat was also "made."

Congrats Ishy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Cooper

Ishy is utterly awesome!! ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..

You are the seed of the Patriotic growth that will rescue our faltering Republic!!\
Do not lose your heart-felt fire, or succumb to the idiotic self-obsession of the last two generations; they have bowed us down before the fatal folly of their love of television and Hollywood idolatry.  The Rescue of America begins with the rescue of American life and the resistance to unnecessary taxation and regulation.

Janelle (Cooper)
AKA Mom4rmHell
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Johnnyappleseed

Wow  ;D How fantastic ! Great pics,new Rifleman and the largest AS ever.
The founders are smiling from above  :)
Excelent job everyone and a big welcome aboard to those who got the message and will  work to preserve our republic via AS  O0
Wish I could have been there :(
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

spitstickler

A few more pics from Sunday. I'm sure the after action report will be packed.

Kentucky Windage

I wish you a good eye and a calm hand

sparks1

Great job Illinois and all the great Americans that attended to shoot and instruct.   O0 O0 O0 O0

I especially like the color guard....what a moving event this must have been. I can imagine the histories were the usual.....AWESOME !
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

ahhshoot

I had a lot of fun, met a lot of great Americans, and had the privilege to run an amazing group. What a weekend of success in Appleseed and for a nation. ^:)^
The past is only the future with the lights on.

dragonfly

O0  :)  Thanks to all that attended and made this a huge success  :bow:  :~

dragonfly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Reveille

This one did not disappoint. :bow:  I have truly been blessed to be able to participate.  Great job to everyone. O0
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Elroy

this was my 3rd AS and all i can say is AWESOME, from the size of the range to the fife & drum corp it was truly a special weekend, thanks to all

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

West

Wow is the operative word!

I don't think that I have ever been to an event and been more moved, and felt as much joy as what we did this weekend.

Terrific.  Sad to see it end, but like I told Deacon:

There's always next weekend.

West :))

techres

I have a load of pics to post, but while you wait, here is a video of the opening Red Coat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXBoWKdP8s0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.