News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR; Waterman 300 9/10

Started by spitstickler, September 11, 2010, 01:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooters Billy

QuoteWe spent the entire day Friday getting over 1/4 mile of target line set up along with getting the rest of the range squared away.

Uuuhhhh........... yeah! That's all anyone really needs to read in this AAR to get an ideal of just how sweet this was. For those that don't drag race, that's 1,320 feet long! That is taking the firing line to the target line and multiplying it by 16.5ish times. :o An entire day, not an hour on Sat. morning or Fri. night! Cool!!! :cool2:

It went smoother then I ever could have imagined for a shoot this size for the first time. Very well planned out! Godsends: PA system, radios, the rifle fix-em-up station, and of course all the instructors from all over to lend a hand.

It was great to see the student turnout and all the instructors that have become my friends over the last few years. Especially the OH crew. It was also great to meet some new faces that I will consider my friend now, like: Western Rose and Evenstar. You girls where awesome and a lot of fun!

And we can't forget the congrats to Ishy and Lil Bit for going from orange to red and pink to orange respectively. I'm so proud of Ishy. Watching her go from first time as a student to a red hat, glorious!

HB
"There is no greater evil then willful ignorance," ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Advice on life from Fred himself to me on 6-21-09:
"If you hope to be a good looking corps, you better hurry up and die soon!"

CQ CQ CQ de KC9MTP

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

bulletsnbows

I was very impressed with how smoothly the event ran.   You all did an amazing job!
The sound of drums and fifes off in the distance was really cool.   A flyover.  Plenty of port-o-lets...  It seems like you thought of everything.  Thank you.
:bow:  :bow:

A special thanks to the instructors of Platoon 2.  Also, a big thanks to Pappy who fixed my rifle.    Thanks and hugs to Dave an Joanne for kicking me in the butt to get me out there.

Candlestick

It was a great event.  Full of nice folks, quality instruction, great facility, inspiring history. Thank you to all who helped make it happen.
Myself and my 6 friends were not sorry we came.  We'll be back, and will bring others.

2 clicks low

Do we have a final count on shooters?
How many instructors were there? How many admins?
Want to be able to thank them all.

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

John Boch

John Boch

Eel,

I used your summary on around page 3 here for my GunNews Article.

With credit as Eel unless you want to send me a real name.

John

crak

Check your drama at the door.

EEL

Some aerial pics courtesy of Chicago Skydiving Center.

Thanks Guys !!!
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

EEL

More......Sorry, I can't seem to size these critters right  :wall:
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Evenstar

Wow, those are awesome! ^:)^ O0 Thanks for posting, EEL.
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

Quote from: EEL on September 19, 2010, 08:48:32 PM
Some aerial pics courtesy of Chicago Skydiving Center.

Thanks Guys !!!

:o O0 8)

That is AWESOME!!!

LOL We look so tiny... :D
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

EEL

Few more.  I'll send the rest to Spitstickler to see if he can work some of his magic  ;D

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

John Boch

Quote from: templar223 on September 18, 2010, 05:34:36 PM
Eel,

I used your summary on around page 3 here for my GunNews Article.

With credit as Eel unless you want to send me a real name.

John

It's the headline story.

J

Garand69

Finally I have made it to the thread!!!  ^:)^

A gigantic THANK YOU to all that made it happen and all who attended. I can't wait for next year!!!!

I have two rolls of film to drop off tomorrow, Hopefully they will be good shots as well.

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

Temp 223,
Thanks for pushing Appleseed in the GSL paper!!  Save us "yanks" a couple two-three copies.  :D

MamaBear

Quote from: Garand69 on September 20, 2010, 12:57:20 AM
Finally I have made it to the thread!!!  ^:)^

A gigantic THANK YOU to all that made it happen and all who attended. I can't wait for next year!!!!

I have two rolls of film to drop off tomorrow, Hopefully they will be good shots as well.

"Rolls of film"....what is THAT?  ;D    Just kiddin', buddy, you know I love ya! ;)

MB
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

EEL

Mama Bear,
Don't laugh, he just got rid of the one you crank the handle on the side, a picture comes out, you wait 60 seconds and peel off the developing part.  **) **)

Polaroid? ?  I think

Hooters Billy

I see me! I see me! Right there, with the red hat on! That is one sweet looking hat from the air.

Cool aerial pics.

HB

:bow:  :bow:  :bow: Hooters Billy - Now showing at an Appleseed near you!                                 ++)  :sos:
"There is no greater evil then willful ignorance," ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Advice on life from Fred himself to me on 6-21-09:
"If you hope to be a good looking corps, you better hurry up and die soon!"

CQ CQ CQ de KC9MTP

downtogether

Greetings,
After approximately 2 years of persistent coaxing from Pappy he finally had to exert some tough love and "threaten" me into coming to the Waterman 300.  The Thursday before the event he told me that he would never mention another word about Appleseed if I did not attend.  This was the firm slap in the face it took to wake me up.  I new all along I wanted to come to a shoot but there were always more pressing issues, work, two small children, household chores, etc.  I spent the next two days fretting, worrying about whether I should go.  What if I sucked, what if I hated it, what if "insert excuse here", etc.  I finally decided to ask my 19 year old nephew if he wanted to go.  He replied without hesitation "hell yeah".  I realized than the only thing I had to lose by going was my inablilty to shoot a rifle well.  The lame excuses and worries disappeared.  I had to work on Saturday but I made plans to attend on Sunday.   From the moment I arrived everyone treated me like I belonged there.  I heard nothing but words of encouragement.  Nobody judged me for my imperfections, EVERYBODYS, goal was to make me a better shooter and more conscience of the people that gave me my freedom!!!! It inspired me to see people who truly love this country and respect the unbelievable sacrifice it took to create it.  It encouraged me that my daughters can not only stand on a level playing field in what is normally considered a "guy thing" but they can excel.  This organization is blessed with the women that have been promoted to levels of leadership.  I hope I can raise my daughters to become fine women like Izzie and the young lady from Idaho that was a bird in my ear at the firing line.  I would like to thank everyone that was involved in making this wonderful event  a reality. I would like to thank Pappy for being a pain in the butt.  It was truly an honor to be in the company of modern day patriots and I look forward to attending another appleseed and someday becoming a Rifleman.

Garand69

Welcome aboard downtogether O0

And thanks for posting that.... it made my day.... and we will up Pappy's rations by a 1/2 cup for the week ;)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Evenstar

downtogether, that little bird was more than happy to work with you on Sunday! You did very well. Welcome aboard, and I hope you make it to another shoot. O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

PHenry

dt,
That's gotta be one of the best testimonials I have read to date sir. May I quote you?  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

downtogether

Garand 69, I delivered the 1/2 cup ration for Pappy. :D
Evenstar, hoping to go to Ottawa this weekend or back up to Waterman next weekend.  :~
Phenry, I would be honored if you decided to quote me. O0

RedNekEngr

Awesome Pics EEL.  Now that's what I'm talking about.  I'm the big guy on the ground. :D

RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

Boba Fett

My heartfelt thanks to Downtogether for his kind words towards Appleseed. You have no idea how much they are appreciated and how much that kind of testimonial recharges us and fuels us to keep doing what we do.

Thanks again,
Boba Fett

PS. Nice job Pappy! O0 Don't let up on him. He still needs to shoot that 210 or better.  :~

snakeman67

very nice description there "downtogether". All of those fears , proven unneccessary after all! I just tell myself that every single one of the fine folks who you meet at an APPLESEED, had to attend their first event at one time, and most of 'em probably didnt qualify as RIFLEMAN out of the gate either!
so, besides the fact that the people are salt of the Earth, down home, nicest folks that you'd ever want to meet, you get to shoot your rifle all day long! You simply can not beat an APPLESEED!
    I am hoping to sneak in one more shot at the RIFLEMAN patch before the snow flies, and maybe even after it does! doing my "dry fire" practice a few times a week, going thru the "six steps to firing the shot" which Fred drilled into my thick skull at Waterman! and hopefully, I can go home with the patch.
take care everyone,
snakeman67....out O0
"The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing"