News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR De Soto MO 10/02-03/2010

Started by cmidkiff, October 04, 2010, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmidkiff

What a weekend.  All together, we had 55 fine folks get up off the couch and come out.  Weather was cool... a bit of rain early on Saturday, but after a summer of 100+, I'm not going to complain about cooler weather.

Bulls Eye Rod and Gun Club:  For those of you who didn't get to come to this shoot, what a great location.  It's an open, flat field, I'd estimate it at 700x400 yards, with a very nice stream (Big River, full of smallies and cats) running along two sides.  The place was a civil war battlefield, with signs of the Union redoubt still in evedence.  Nice high hills as a backstop... just a great facility, and a wonderful bunch of folks.  A bit difficult to find, perhaps, but well worth the effort.  Thanks for letting us share your little paradise... and we'll be back!

I had the honor of handing out 6 Rifleman patches!  That's the most I've ever awarded at a single shoot.  We would have given out 2 more, if we could get their neighbors to quit poking extra holes in their targets!  Had several more knocking on the door.  Even those who never approached Rifleman scores showed drastic improvement over the weekend.

Instructors:  Aside from myself, we had Rebel Yell and MikalDulee, assisted by Jungle George and Thursday.  NemoHunter and Witchy Woman came and helped out on Saturday.  Great job, folks... another sterling performance from our great Missouri crew.  My humble thanks to each of you.

Thanks to all those who came out.  It was an honor to work with each and every one of you.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing you at future events!

Greybeard

Greg in MO

Sounds like a great shoot!  Between Bates City and Desoto, we had almost 100 shooters on the line in MO on one weekend!

Excellent.  Hopefully I can make it to the next Desoto shoot.  Looking forward to it!

Greg

mikaldulee

It was amazing!  I decided to camp at the last minute.  Jungle George helped me set up the condo.  What a monster.  Time for a smaller tent.

Great bunch of shooters, super range, great hosts.  One of the easiest shoots I have ever worked.