News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gun Shows we should attend in North and Central CA

Started by BaldDragn, September 18, 2009, 01:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

Anyone available to work the Sacramento gun show next weekend Sept 26-27?

This is a good venue to promote for the Sacramento Appleseed and we really need to have a presence at this show. PM me (BaldDragn) or Antibubba for more info.
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

Nobody?

We have nobody who can come out for one day for the easiest job in Appleseed?

Let me be blunt folks. CenCal and NorCal WOWWED National with the numbers we pulled in for the first part of the year. We did that by having people at every gun show we could beg or buy a table at. In the last 6 months most of the promoters moved their gun shows south for the summer and we had no shows to work, consequently our numbers dropped off and I heard reference to "first strike of the match" to explain our success, as in fleeting. It might surprise some of us to know that much of the country still thinks Appleseed in California is a fluke, I would hate to see them proven right.

This gun show is a big deal, without promotions the CenCal and NorCal numbers may continue to decline. The last Sac Appleseed actually lost money because of low attendance. Are we going to let that happen again?

Come on, lets show National that Californians can keep it going.

Our nation is depending on us.

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Antibubba

I've committed to this, but I really do need help.  I have one "maybe".  I may have to bring along my friend who is interested in AS but has not attended a single shoot!  This will not make us look very good! 

4 hours, one day.  Anyone?
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

BaldDragn

A little AAR here.

Since my duties at the gun range precluded me from traveling that weekend I worked the show with Antibubba.

Last week I checked our pre-reg numbers so I could get an Idea of how much prep work needed to be done and we were showing 12 people signed up.

This week I checked again so I could order the supplies I need for the rest of the year and we had 42 people signed up.

Good work catching this one Antibubba, and setting it up!

SAPPER STEEL!

Antibubba

There is another gun show at Cal Expo on November 21st & 22nd!  At the last one in September BaldDragn and I were the only ones to work it.  I'll be there, but I don't want BD to have to come out, since he's already bailing as fast as he can.  I want three volunteers--it doesn't have to be for both days or all day (though that'd be fantastic if you can).
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Antibubba

Jules

I don't want BD to have to come out, since he's already bailing as fast as he can.  I want three volunteers--it doesn't have to be for both days or all day (though that'd be fantastic if you can).
Quote from: Antibubba on November 11, 2009, 01:32:23 AM
Anyone? 

BaldDragn and I (Jules) will be at the Lemoore AS Nov 21-22. Working a gun show is easy, and fast paced. You already have the people THERE! They are interested in GUNS. I smile as they stroll past our table (banner overhead, and packed with flyers) and ask "Have you heard about Project Appleseed?" It's a 50-50 answer folks. If they say "yes", let them know more about it. Ask them when they are coming out to shoot. If they say "no", you do the same thing. I often look for the young families that come out with the wife and kids. I look for the late 20's to 30 something guys who look like they are AS material. How do you know? Well, you don't if you don't show up and ask. "But i am not a public speaker, I get nervous at the thought of talking to complete stangers!"

Hey! The worst case scenario is you will never see these people again. You won't die of fear, and at one time or another all of us have felt uncomfortable speaking in front of people. The best case scenario? They show up to one of your shoots. I had a fella show up for a Sac Shoot, because I had gone through the crowd at a demonstration at the Capital, and handed he and his buddy flyers and chatted a little. I met a young lady in Fresno at the Oct 31 shoot who I had talked to at a Turlock Gun show more than 6 months ago.

If you show up, they WILL come!  C'mon you all, we have enough fellow Seeders in the area who can go down to Cal Expo for a few hours. And frankly, it makes me a tad uncomfortable to be practically begging someone to help. This isn't the Appleseed that Southern Cal brought up to us. What would we have done if they didn't think WE were worthy for a 5hr drive?( one way) Show me a few men and women" who know very much what they are about."   

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Antibubba

It's supposed to rain this weekend, which usually means a busy gun show.  Can anyone help out?

eaglescouter

Wow this is a quiet discussion....

NorCal22Gal and I would be there to help but we are committed to three events this weekend :(
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Antibubba

I know you are, EagleScouter.  I'm hoping to get someone else to get off the couch.  I have help on Saturday from 9 to noon, and someone for Sunday would satisfy me.

Jules

Quote from: Antibubba on November 20, 2009, 06:19:42 PM
I know you are, EagleScouter.  I'm hoping to get someone else to get off the couch.  I have help on Saturday from 9 to noon, and someone for Sunday would satisfy me.

Bald Dragn and I want to thank AntiBubba for stepping behind the table to represent Apleseed at the Cal Expo Gun Show this past weekend. Our gratitude go out to Graham Ulyshen, who drove from San Francisco to help out, as well as Skyler Walker, who drove up from Stockton.

These are Men who "very much know what they are about".

Jules

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Antibubba

Yes, I appreciated their help--it let me run out for clamps so we could put up the AS banner.  They were a bit shy at first, but I got them talking.   O0

I think we may see more families for the next shoot.

Double D

Antibubba, i still need to hook up with you for some guns shows up there.  I need some more gun show training
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

Jules

Big Reno Gun Show
       - Reno NEVADA -
        August 13-14-15 

Where are the folks that are volunteering their time for Appleseed at a donated table?  :-\

One very new Appleseeder in Nevada stepped up and volunteered her time.

One.

Where are the rest of you, Nevada?  &)

NorCal22Gal refused to let the ball drop, and now she and Eagle Scouter are meeting us up there.

Thanks Nevada. I now get to spend the weekend at the Grand Sierra Resort. 

If any Seeders out there can lend a hand, please pm me or BD.

Jules

Big Reno Show 
Go back in time and visit the
Old West.
The Big Reno Show has more
selections for buyers,
sellers and collectors...
antique firearms, cowboy
and western memorabilia,
blades, books, Indian
artifacts and more.

1 1/2 Acres of Exhibits!
The next show rides in on

August 13 - 15, 2010
9am-6pm Fri-Sat, 9am-3pm Sun

Grand Sierra Resort
2500 E Second
Reno Nv 89595
800-648-5080

- Eleanor Roosevelt

BaldDragn

Coming up we have several gun shows returning to Cen Cal and Nor Cal. If you've never done a gun show it's the easiest gig in Appleseed and the most fun. There are pluses like getting in before the general public to be the first to snag that great deal.

Look through them a pull out and claim the ones you can do and let me know, well get you set up.
BD

Sep 11-12 Vallejo, Solano County Fairgrounds, 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Tbls $75 Aisle, $80 Sat 9-5, Sun 9-4  www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

Sep 18-19 San Francisco Map Cow Palace Crossroads of the West 801-544-9125

Sep 25-26 Sacramento, Cal Expo Center, McMann's Roadrunner 602-843-5303

Oct 2-3 Tulare, County Fairgrounds, 215 Martin Luther King Ave. www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

Oct 9-10 Turlock, Stanislaus County Fairgrounds, 900 North Broadway www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

Oct 23-24 Vallejo, Solano County Fairgrounds, 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Tbls $75 Aisle, $80 Sat 9-5, Sun 9-4  www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

Oct 30-31 Fresno, Fresno Convention Center, 700-800 M Street www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

Nov 13-14 San Francisco Map Cow Palace Crossroads of the West 801-544-9125

Nov 20-21 Antioch, Contra Costa County Fairgrounds, 1201 West 10th Street www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

Dec 4-5 Vallejo, Solano County Fairgrounds, 900 Fairgrounds Drive, Tbls $75 Aisle, $80 Sat 9-5, Sun 9-4  www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762 

Dec 18-19 Roseville, Placer County Fairgrounds 800 All America City Blvd. www.codeofthewestgunshows.com, P.O. Box 5332, El Dorado Hills, CA.  95762, 530-676-8762

SAPPER STEEL!

Antibubba

BaldDragn

Quote from: Antibubba on August 24, 2010, 07:47:58 PM
I'll take Cal Expo in September.

Now if a couple intreped IIT's would like to sign up to work with Antibubba that would be great. Remember the perks include getting in the show free and early.

It realy is one of the best jobs in Appleseed.

SAPPER STEEL!