News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ALERT CA!!

Started by The Guy, September 16, 2009, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guy

ALERT AND HELP!!

HEY, Crak NEEDS some help in Kaysville UT this weekend!!

30 person shoot, 1 INSTRUCTOR!!

PLEASE HELP!

TIME TO STEP UP AND MUSTER!

I EXPECT AT LEAST ON I/IIT TO BE THERE TO ASSIST!

Don't let me down.

Guy

PS, note to CA;

Time to step up and help a bit please.  We have a 30 person shoot in UT that needs some help, as only one Instructor is going to be there.  For 30 people.  Sure, Crak ahs been around, and he is good, but 30 people.

Surely the folks in CA can spare one or two good folks to give Crak a hand.

You are being called out.

Step up, please.

Last I heard you had 50+ I/IITs.

Spare me a few.

One brother to another,

Guy

bob 210

Savageshootr got her plane ticket this afternoon......that's one. Who else can help? Come on CA! Let's step up and help out Utah!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

The Guy

THANKS!!

1 down, 1-2 to go.

Come on CA, Don't let me/Crak/Appleseed down!!

crak

Seriously.

I promise you this shoot will be like nothing you've seen before in CA.   8)

Now is your chance to pay forward all the people who came to kickstart CA. 

If you're sitting there thinking "But I just went to an IBC last week" or "I just did one last month" this is my 5th Appleseed weekend in a row.
Check your drama at the door.

V

Yes folks we are talking to you.

There are 64 instructors and IITs here.

If not now, when? If not you, who?

V

SavageShootr

Tickets were under 200 on Travelocity, flying out of Orange County.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

crak

Are you kidding me?

I've had to turn down three offers of help so far from Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine because the flight prices are crazy now.  Because those flights have to travel damn near across the whole country to get there.  While yours cost less than 1/3 as much.  And the Northeast has more shoots this weekend and more instructors already working.

Too bad Dragonwood took the IBC and I took Nebraska last weekend, because now I don't even know the faces of the IITs who are turning their back on the program.  Only a few days later.  I'll have to lay awake at night imagining who they were.  Surfing.  Calling each other "dude."  Drinking virgin pina coladas.  High fiving when they cross paths at the local In and Out.  V's giant list apparently isn't much more than a mirage in the desert.

This thread was about as effective as the redcoat volley at the Old North Bridge.  One glorious hit.  And we knew she was coming if there was no other alternative.  You know, Isaac Davis wasn't even from Concord.  He was from Acton.  Maybe we'll get another if we're lucky and he can be Abner Hosmer for the weekend.  He was from Acton too.  You know those guys were the first Appleseeders, right?  Building a DAR in their backyard.  Training twice a week.  None of it would have been worth a damn if they stayed in Acton that day.  But with 60+ misses, you'll be able to tell your grandkids someday that you turned The Guy, Bob210, V, SavageShootr, and Crak into a bunch of redcoats.

V

Whoa, pony!

While I agree with your heart and sentiment Crak, watch the npoa a bit, those 5 weeks in a row highs on the trail can do that to ya! I know!

To be fair your numbers are a little selective.   Once again, this weekend is a simultaneous two shoot on the same weekend in CA plus we have one out helping in NV, so we have 14 of our instructors in action this weekend. We have 18 shoots still pending in CA this quarter so people are already spread as far as their "commitment" allows to cover those. Plus there are several of us out in other states next week.

That being said, folks, forgive the man the insults, he's just passionately trying to convey the point, there is a mission here, there is a time-monkey on our backs, and there's a large bunch of people at this Utah shoot who need to hear our story, who need to see people with passion sharing it, so please, if you can dig deep and help out here. I'm sure the man's bark is worse than his bite and you will enjoy the experience. Remember, you are doing this not for me or crak or even for the program: its for our posterity.

Cheers
Phil
Quote from: crak on September 17, 2009, 02:09:27 PM
Are you kidding me?

I've had to turn down three offers of help so far from Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine because the flight prices are crazy now.  Because those flights have to travel damn near across the whole country to get there.  While yours cost less than 1/3 as much.  And the Northeast has more shoots this weekend and more instructors already working.

Too bad Dragonwood took the IBC and I took Nebraska last weekend, because now I don't even know the faces of the IITs who are turning their back on the program.  Only a few days later.  I'll have to lay awake at night imagining who they were.  Surfing.  Calling each other "dude."  Drinking virgin pina coladas.  High fiving when they cross paths at the local In and Out.  V's giant list apparently isn't much more than a mirage in the desert.

This thread was about as effective as the redcoat volley at the Old North Bridge.  One glorious hit.  And we knew she was coming if there was no other alternative.  You know, Isaac Davis wasn't even from Concord.  He was from Acton.  Maybe we'll get another if we're lucky and he can be Abner Hosmer for the weekend.  He was from Acton too.  You know those guys were the first Appleseeders, right?  Building a DAR in their backyard.  Training twice a week.  None of it would have been worth a damn if they stayed in Acton that day.  But with 60+ misses, you'll be able to tell your grandkids someday that you turned The Guy, Bob210, V, SavageShootr, and Crak into a bunch of redcoats.

Fred

While crak and SS can handle this fine and dandy on their own, and do an A+ job at it, if you can come to this event, YOU will helping #1 on this planet - yourself!

This is a fine opportunity to see one of the Appleseed 'stars' in action (two, if you count SS - and I do! - but you can see her anytime... :) ), and learn things you need to learn.

Don't come to this because you feel you have to, don't come because you are forced to - come because you want to!

And you'll go back to CA a leg up in your progression to that hard-fisted, tough, scarred and crusty veteran AS instructor, the one who knows all, the one you long - and aim - to be! 8)

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Nickle

I'll tell you that if you haven't ever worked with Crak, you should consider making it to this event.

It's pure joy to experience, and I can tell you that I've worked with him numerous times, enjoying EVERY one of them.

He can show you the things we've learned in our area that work to make Riflemen, and more importantly, make Appleseeders that are fired up and raring to go.

If I didn't know better, I'd say some of it is almost magical. And, he'll definitely show you how to conquer the time monkey.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

funfaler

We have plenty of IITs, WY, CO, not to mention this shoot is just outside of Salt Lake City, so tickets should be easy and cheap.   This is open to ALL Instructors/IITs nation wide.   Just check ticket prices and get an OK from crak/Nickle/Fred for the expenses.

No need to be casting stones here folks, just need to get the job done. 

Remember, we have over 550 Instructor types on this forum, plenty of work to go around, just need to get the people connected to the jobs.

Pocket the stones, we can use them later :P

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

bob 210

Hollywood Marine just stepped up and will be flying in with Savageshootr.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

crak

!!!!!

THANK YOU!

We have an Issac Davis and an Abner Hosmer.

Can I get a Luther Blanchard?   @)

LayloPro

that hard-fisted, tough, scarred and crusty veteran AS instructor

you know......I've been feeling a little crusty lately...... ???

I just thought I was getting old......... :(  $$-0

Would that I could help you out on some of them "Utah-folks", Crak, but Corona is a millstone that must be carried........sadly, this same weekend. :-[

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

crak

Yup, that's fine, LLP.  I was the one that had to tell The Guy three times that you were busy.   **)

"What about LayLoPro?"
"He's busy."
"Maybe LayLoPro can do it?  He's a good instructor."
"He's already SBing and I think we're already stealing SavageShootr from him."
"Here's an idea!  I'll call LayLoPro!  He's great!"
"Dude, he's the only RH left holding down the fort in Corona!"
"@#$%!#%!#@#!#!@#!!!!@$#@%!@#@!!!!!"

But do me a favor and call some IIT you know.  And tell him all we need is a Luther Blanchard and we'll be all set.  We have enough to run a pretty safe shoot now.  One more will make the difference between a good shoot and a great shoot. (Been there, done that for both on the same weekend and the difference is enormous)

crak

Quotetell him
Actually, tell "her."  We don't want SS to be the only one that's not sharing a room.   ;D

jacques

Quote from: SavageShootr on September 17, 2009, 01:23:52 AM
Tickets were under 200 on Travelocity, flying out of Orange County.

$630 out of Santa Barbara #)

I will be in PIRU, camping, no cushy hotels for us.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

crak

Then good thing Santa Barbara's within super easy driving distance of Orange County.     ;)

Thanks for doing Piru.  Everybody has to get tricked into camping one time or another during their lives.   ;)

jacques

Quote from: crak on September 17, 2009, 06:51:18 PM
Then good thing Santa Barbara's within super easy driving distance of Orange County.     ;)

Thanks for doing Piru.  Everybody has to get tricked into camping one time or another during their lives.   ;)

That is the drive from hell. Anything through LA is.  ;)

This will be the 3rd weekend in a month I camp for Appleseeds/IBC/instructor meeting. I am not the only one.  $$-0 But we are getting better at it. V is getting much better, he even had bacon and eggs cooking last time. Matter of fact I will be bringing my daughter to this one because she IS going to shoot her score. Hopefully take a hat, and hopefully it will change her life.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

crak

I'd rather drive through hell for 2 hours than spend that time on a plane...   %)

Good luck with your daughter.  Hopefully she'll get the chance to change a lot of lives.  :)

LayloPro

All righty, all....when you can't do something yourself, the next best thing is to send a "rep"......in this family at least, we do what we can....PhoneProne has stepped up, & is excited to see what all is going on in Utah, so if I can find her a ticket that fits in my budget (tighter than Fred's!), she will be there Friday evening......

Just so you all know, she has no problem with unruly children, and -will- put them in a "time out" if needed....... &)

Someone to balance out Savage, as it were...... :)) <:)

Let's see what I can do ticket wise here......

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Quote from: LayloPro on September 17, 2009, 08:36:40 PM
Someone to balance out Savage, as it were...... :)) <:)

Yeah, good luck with that.  **)
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

The Guy

All righty then.

Good deal.  Out of CA we have two, maybe three.

I'll take it.

Thanks Savage and Hollywood.  Savage, tell Blinker those name tags are still on my car, but are fading a bit.  She needs some pre made decals.

Hollywood, I have this useless hunk of Iron in my car, some sort of muzle brake?  I bet it is yours.  PM me an addy, and I will send it back.

Crak, be sure to tell them the story of the Midnight Ride of Crak and Guy back in 07.  Don't forget your "groupie" the next morning either.  I think I left that one out at the RBC.

I would admonish Crak about the post he made, but hey, RULE 1, LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR and RULE 2, HAVE THICK SKIN.

He did alright, and will do alright, and I am glad that he has good help.

LLP, I assume you are sending Layla?  She will have a blast.

Good Luck All,

Keep the Faith,

Guy

socalserf

Thanks to the CA contingent  for steping up and helping.

I'll be in Corona with LayloPro.

"we cannot improve what we do not measure."

RifleWoman

Now if there is anybody there who might know me from my pre-RifleWoman days, don't believe a word he says  ;)  @)

Sure wish I could come and play too, but I just can't make it this time.  Thank You CA for stepping up and helping out when the rest of the close country seemed to not notice the need. 

Actually, everybody needs a big pat on the back, there are a lot of events going on this weekend, something like 20 or so.  So we need to consider ourselves very blessed that we have the man power to cover them all.  That wouldn't have been the case not too long ago. 

Great going guys and gals  O0
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

AFTERMATH

Looks like there are some Appleseed's in AZ and UT; that may need some help next weekend.  O0
Check the Instructors schedule.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

LayloPro

All,

PhoneProne is booked to go......

Balance is good...... O0 ^-^

She will have a blast.
Yeah.....when I told her that Crak runs his shoots "New England style" (lotsa QDAQT's, much time hacking), instead of her asking "why would they do -that-?", she responded "Ooohhh, $*^&%#$^* AWESOME!!" (she is, after all, half mine...... :-[)

I think that means she's excited to go..... ::)

Actually, there was no offense taken here by Crak's post....we understand...this is Cali....and right with Mass, NJ, NY, & Maryland, we've -ALL- been beat on enough to feel each others' pain.....front line soldiers on the front, & all that, ya know? @)

LLP

SavageShootr

crak

Thank you CA!!!  But the job's not over!!!  AzGromit still needs a hand in Az because he's a man down unexpectedly.

About my post, if you think that was bad, never pick up your cell phone if the number is Fred's.

SavageShootr

AZ needs help in Sierra Vista, AZ
and
So does Koolaid in Boulder City, NV